General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Woolies?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 PM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Woolies?

anybody ever used them?

http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-117-...enovation.aspx

Spoke to a trimmer about the leather in the cossy and he reckons they are the best people to get the dye from,
reckons will last years if done right? have used the liquid leather dye in the past and it only lasts a few months
Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 PM
surrey_100e
Regular Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes, ive used them to get all my carpet and seat/ door panel material.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:14 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Where have you been Matt,there was a thread the other day about Azevs.I put your name forward,you no posty !.Find it and trump it lol.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 PM
costina
Live long and prosper!!

Received 372 Likes on 347 Posts

I use them at work
Old 10-03-2013, 09:13 AM
stevecfrst1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have used it many times over the years as we offer it as a service as part of my bodyshop business, we do all sorts of trim stuff and wollies in 10 mins from where i live.
Its ok for a quick freshen up but not what id call long lasting at all, would start to wear in high traffic areas within a year if not less, and its not very waterproof even if you use their sealing paste. Dark colours will last better than light ones obviously.
The game has moved on from there sort of stuff in recent years, nearly all trim refurbishers now use paint that you spray on with a small gun (devilbiss sri or similar) and the latest waterbase stuff is very hardwearing, we have seen demo's of it sprayed on a sample bit of leather and then literally kicked and scrubbed around on the floor and it dosent come off at all.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 AM
Matt Baxter
Back in black!

Originally Posted by surrey_100e
Yes, ive used them to get all my carpet and seat/ door panel material.
Cheers

Originally Posted by Rax
Where have you been Matt,there was a thread the other day about Azevs.I put your name forward,you no posty !.Find it and trump it lol.
been building/playing with this mate

Originally Posted by costina
I use them at work
Cheers

Originally Posted by stevecfrst1
I have used it many times over the years as we offer it as a service as part of my bodyshop business, we do all sorts of trim stuff and wollies in 10 mins from where i live.
Its ok for a quick freshen up but not what id call long lasting at all, would start to wear in high traffic areas within a year if not less, and its not very waterproof even if you use their sealing paste. Dark colours will last better than light ones obviously.
The game has moved on from there sort of stuff in recent years, nearly all trim refurbishers now use paint that you spray on with a small gun (devilbiss sri or similar) and the latest waterbase stuff is very hardwearing, we have seen demo's of it sprayed on a sample bit of leather and then literally kicked and scrubbed around on the floor and it dosent come off at all.
Cheers, what would you recommend then? as my leathers in pretty good condition just the colours a bit worn?
Old 10-03-2013, 03:51 PM
Rax
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Nice Landy mate my bother in law is just doing another Trooper,Landy springs and bigger wheels etc.It wont be as extreme as what you have there but hes hopeing for 10-12 inch lift.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2013, 05:20 PM
stevecfrst1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well it depends really on your budget and how long your expecting it to last ect, the woolies kits are fairly cheap from what i remember but wont last very long, however you can always re-apply it to areas if they wear sooner than others and whatever you do dont get it wet lol. Its not really a dye as a lot of people are led to belive its just basiclly a liquid colour that you rub in. I guess if its on a car you only use rarely its not so much of an issue. I suppose the ideal thing is to let a proffessional do it using the spraying method but the cost will be a fair bit more