General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Caught speeding!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why all the whining about it? So you got caught, just take the punishment and get over it, instead of bleating about it on here.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Informer
RollingSpliffs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KregRS
Should have been banned, not just licence revoked. A few mph over the limit, can happen to anyone, but double the limit?
Tell me about it!! Tbh, i didnt think i would of had a chance in court.. but tried my luck and whayyy!

Originally Posted by stephenbatey
Did the reason you didn't get banned have anything to do with your username by any chance?
Doubt it mate, only signed up a month ago.. Got caught speeding 3 years ago
Old 01-03-2013, 01:57 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by KregRS
Why all the whining about it? So you got caught, just take the punishment and get over it, instead of bleating about it on here.
Another brainwashed fool who thinks that all laws are correct and just.

Wake up.

They make a lot of things illegal in the motoring world, solely so they can fine you.

In fact...is seems they are forever heading towards if you think about doing something, or you may harm someone....kerching...along comes a fine.

Minority Report ?

Except in this reality, criminals who actually cause harm get let off with at worst a slap on the wrist.

What a totally fucked up world we live in.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

There is no point prosecuting real serious criminals as they have no money. Well they have no declared income/money you can seize if we are being pedantic.

Originally Posted by kevin lancelott
I got 6 two years ago because my insurance was wrong.When I put my plate on I forgot to update my insurance so when I got stopped the copper said you are and aren't insured,its a gray area but I cannot let you go.Car was impounded I got a fine and first ever points on me licence.Copper was fine though.
surprised the insurers didnt say you were covered anyway. I guess its because you changed the plate - ie a modification, that they could argue you changed the material facts and hence policy was not valid.

Normally theyd never get a successful prosecution for no insurance where the plate is a digit out due to a typo or similar as a clerical error on a number plate is not relevant as a material fact and therefore the insurance would still be valid.

However at the road side they only need an element of doubt to seize the car.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by Psycho Warren

However at the road side they only need an element of doubt to seize the car.
In a case like above where they can easily check registration swaps at the roadside, all it takes is common sense.
IMO seizing cars should only occur when there is absolutely no doubt whatsoever that the car has no insurance.

After all, the police are allowed to make all manner of clerical errors, wrong names, dates of birth, addresses, dates, registrations etc etc, and all are simply overlooked
So why should they get so stuck up about an obvious clerical error elsewhere ?

Because far too many of them are ballbags on a mission to get the most tickets, regardless of how valid they are.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:10 PM
KregRS
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
Another brainwashed fool who thinks that all laws are correct and just.

Wake up.

They make a lot of things illegal in the motoring world, solely so they can fine you.

In fact...is seems they are forever heading towards if you think about doing something, or you may harm someone....kerching...along comes a fine.

Minority Report ?

Except in this reality, criminals who actually cause harm get let off with at worst a slap on the wrist.

What a totally fucked up world we live in.
I'm in now way brainwashed, nor do I need to wake up. I've been caught speeding before, 80 in a Transit, dual carriageway, speed limit 60, 55 through roadworks, limit 40, caught on camera, 37 in a 30 and let off with a warning but I don't feel the need to come on here and whinge about how unfair it is, or whatever the reason is, instead I took the points or ban and fine and got on with my f*cking life.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

I've just got done too fella so you're not alone thankfully I've been given the option of a speed awareness course so I'll be doing that as opposed to points on me licence

Not a lot you can do if you get collered, you just have to take it on the chin

Luciano
Old 02-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by kevin lancelott
I got 6 two years ago because my insurance was wrong.When I put my plate on I forgot to update my insurance so when I got stopped the copper said you are and aren't insured,its a gray area but I cannot let you go.Car was impounded I got a fine and first ever points on me licence.Copper was fine though.
I had same but never got points as THE INSURANCE IS FOR THE CAR NOT THE PLATE so never got points or fine as I was covered by a valid insurance policy

I had to pay impound fees though
Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
Pete frst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

34 in a 30! a little word was all that was needed.......
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

I personally think every 10 years all drivers should do at least a 4 hour refresher course like the speed awareness one, I did the S.A.C. in january and thought it a good thing and mine was at the mercure hotel in watford, only bummer is if you are insured with Admiral or any of its insurance companys like elephant,sheilas wheels etc they now ask if you have a attended a S.A.C. if you say no and they find out different your ins is void and if you say yes and be honest they hike your premuim
Old 02-03-2013, 06:05 PM
j6kyt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

so what your trying to say is that doing 34 in a 30 is ok then and you shouldn't get 3 points and a Ł60 fine. Take it on the chin mate you were caught bang to rights.

Last edited by j6kyt; 02-03-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:20 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by j6kyt
so what your trying to say is that doing 34 in a 30 is ok then and you shouldn't get 3 points and a Ł60 fine. Take it on the chin mate you were caught bang to rights.
Under very very many circumstances it is ok and 100% safe.
Old 16-03-2013, 06:53 PM
wulliegunn
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

If it was say 38 in a 30,then I'd say ouch,but fair cop guv. But,34 is a tad on the unlucky side. There's guys up here been stopped in a small village coming into Dundee on a 30mph limit,doin 31/32 & have been fined for it.Now that wouldnt sit at all well lol.Cant imagine how miffed Id be at that speed.Same with a couple other main roads near me,folk are kickin up hell being caught 2/3 over limit,1 even pled not guilty & went to trial & tried to dispute the calibration,equipment,& he got same 3 points but hammered with a bigger fine/costs etc
Old 16-03-2013, 07:20 PM
daz1968
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Not that I agree with it but I had a speed awareness course and the subject of informing insurance came up, the instructor stated that the info is not available to the insurance industry and he advised not to inform insurance as there was no way they could find out unless you admitted to it, he even stated that avoiding insurance hikes and points was one of the reasons for offering the courses.