General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Injection modes?

Search this Thread

Old 25-04-2012, 07:20 PM
little bram
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Injection modes?

Hi just looking for abit info on it or if someone can link me to a thread about injection modes.
My car is running batch now and i know two injectors fire at the same time but what is the advantage of this? and would sequentail injection be better? Ive read that the aim is reduring fuel rail pressure but i thought more fuel rail pressure would be better.
If i can get it to work would it be better running sequentail. I think the only problem i have is setting a cam sensor. Ive got a cam sensor off when i cosworth management (phase sensor) but am not sure how to set it up with it only having two teeth on the discs. i know how to set the phase sencer on the cosworth management but don't think it will be the same setup with my car running on 36-1 on the crank now. if anyone has any info on this i would be thankful.

lee
Old 25-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Icurus
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Batch is cheaper, less parts, and it also allows you to have 2 attempts to get the fuel into the combustion chamber, so you might get away with running smaller injectors. But the fuel will 'pool' behind the closed valve, heat up a bit and this can cause emission problems etc.

Don't run sequential on my car, so cannot say if it will release enormous amounts of power over batched fired injectors
Old 25-04-2012, 10:04 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

Batch is cheaper/easier. End of story, no other reason than that.

but as you havent stated what ecu, or spec of car, kind of difficult to suggest how easy or beneficial it might be to try and run sequential.
Old 26-04-2012, 04:57 PM
little bram
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok so its cheaper but do people just run batch because its easy or is it better on some engines and not others? My car is running but not fully mapped yet and was just wondering if it would be better for my car and if so i was going to try and fit and set up the cam sensor.
My car spec- 2.1 Zvh low comp, t38, 660cc injectors and running haltech platinum series.

lee
Old 26-04-2012, 09:17 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 259 Likes on 238 Posts

If it's easy to add a cam trigger, by all means do it. But at your current level it isnt essential.

If you take the time fine tuning injection timing etc it will run better, cleaner emissions and be easier on fuel, and perhaps perform slightly better.

But any gains will be very marginal. Your current injectors should still run fine at low loads in batch fire.. Go much bigger and sequential almost becomes essential.