General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford Capri 302 v8 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 21-09-2015, 07:31 AM
jonnyenglish
Virgin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Capri 302 v8 Conversion

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum thanks for having me . I have just purchased a 1984 Capri its a 1.6 laser but been converted to what I believe to be a 2.0 sierra engine (its injected I think) anyway I've bought it as a project needs a bit of work, welding etc.

so basically I want to (after the bodywork is sorted) put a Ford 302 v8 engine in but i was wondering if anyone could put a complete breakdown list of what's required? i know you need a different gearbox, sump, rad etc. but I'm unsure as to what is required specifically i.e. is it a borg warner T5 world-class or mustang box or what not!??! also if possible are there any company's that sell conversion parts, engine mounts bell housings etc. for the conversion or do you have to make them yourself?

sorry if this has been covered before but i cannot find a definitive list anywhere! also if anyone has done this do they have any tips or advice and also how hard is it and roughly how many weekends should it take? thanks a lot!

Jon

Pics of my capri here:http://www.4shared.com/folder/JNzVspLx/CAPRI.html