General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

police test drive goes wrong

Search this Thread

Old 25-01-2012, 11:25 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Convicted of what?
Old 25-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Sengaaaa
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

a borrowed car ,GMP had for 2 days and the idiot creams it at a roundabout . it was insured so thats ok.. im a cunt ,been called worse , go fuck yerself saph , and jimbob your just as big a fukn trumpet . what is it ? u two coppers ? the guy deserves everything he gets
Old 26-01-2012, 09:30 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you really have a chip on your shoulder don't you. Angry at the police force because they didn't allow you to join because you failed the English test?
Old 26-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Jesus! Whilst I couldn't give a stuff about a joyrider, car thief or drunk getting injured or killed at the wheel this is a police officer, a person like you or I out doing their job and paying their taxes. He drove quickly and crashed whilst working, would you have the same attitude towards a fire fighter who crashed whilst driving quickly whilst at work?

Seriously mate I can honestly not believe the comments you have made, quite frankly I pity you and your opinion
Old 26-01-2012, 11:29 AM
stevieturbo
C**t

Received 261 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Jesus! Whilst I couldn't give a stuff about a joyrider, car thief or drunk getting injured or killed at the wheel this is a police officer, a person like you or I out doing their job and paying their taxes. He drove quickly and crashed whilst working, would you have the same attitude towards a fire fighter who crashed whilst driving quickly whilst at work?

Seriously mate I can honestly not believe the comments you have made, quite frankly I pity you and your opinion
You see it simply as a crash while working ??

Get real !! I drive on average around 90k a year now. Ive yet to have an accident, let alone one where a car gets destroyed.

The police are always prosecuting motorists who DONT crash, who DONT cause harm to anyone, who DONT cause any inconvenience to others.

So you better damn believe a cop who is supposed to be leading by example, who is supposed to have a duty of care to himself, and the public, who crashes causing harm and destruction. He bloody well better get prosecuted for dangerous driving or something similar.

if you did the same....do you think they'd just say " aww sure, he was only out on a test drive". Like fuck they would !
Old 26-01-2012, 12:07 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
You see it simply as a crash while working ??

Get real !! I drive on average around 90k a year now. Ive yet to have an accident, let alone one where a car gets destroyed.

The police are always prosecuting motorists who DONT crash, who DONT cause harm to anyone, who DONT cause any inconvenience to others.

So you better damn believe a cop who is supposed to be leading by example, who is supposed to have a duty of care to himself, and the public, who crashes causing harm and destruction. He bloody well better get prosecuted for dangerous driving or something similar.

if you did the same....do you think they'd just say " aww sure, he was only out on a test drive". Like fuck they would !
WTF? Driving quickly is part of his job hence my comparison with a fire fighter. What are the police supposed to do buy a Vectra as they're fast on paper and when test driven normally they are great only to find out in a persuit situation they are total crap? The police need to test vehicles to far differing degree than Joe Average. I'm not saying he didn't do wrong as clearly he got it very wrong indeed and the accident should be looked at in great detail.

Yes the driver got it wrong
Yes the driver caused extensive damage
Yes the driver suffered injury
Do I hold any ill feeling towards the guy? Not at all.

Hell if I got a job where I got paid to drive quick cars quickly I'd be like a dog with 2 dicks.

Some people have a serious chip on their shoulder when it comes to the police.
Old 26-01-2012, 12:49 PM
mark r
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

made a mess of that didt they
Old 26-01-2012, 01:02 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Some properly shit attitudes being displayed on this thread.

Would the anti-police on here rather all police were subject to the same speed limits as the rest of us when they're on a 'shout'? Me, I'd rather they got there as fast as possible. It's an unfortunate accident, and to wish the driver a painful recovery is really pathetic.
Old 26-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Jimbo.
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sengaaaa
and jimbob your just as big a fukn trumpet . what is it ? u two coppers ? the guy deserves everything he gets
Well I've never been called a trumpet before, but thanks.

No I'm not a copper, nor do I wish to be one, but it still baffles me as to why you want he/she to suffer?

As someone else said, sounds to me like you have history with the police and have a big problem with them, that's the only reason I can think of why someone would actually wish harm on someone who was carrying out one of their duties.

If you or one of your family were involved in an accident of some sort, I'm sure you would want the police/emergency services to get to you as quickly as possible or am I wrong? They carry out tests on the road for a reason fella, it's not just for a laugh.

I still maintain you are a nasty individual if you do genuinely mean what you said.
Old 26-01-2012, 01:38 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

He has already been suspended from police driving, until the accident is investigated. It will not be brushed under the carpet, as the police are petrified of being seen as anything other than holier than thou in the eyes of the media.
Old 26-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Brendan
struggling with reality

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was driving along when all of a sudden the top became the bottom and the left became the right and ...... do ya recon it will t-cut out boss?
Old 26-01-2012, 04:11 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Some properly shit attitudes being displayed on this thread.

Would the anti-police on here rather all police were subject to the same speed limits as the rest of us when they're on a 'shout'? Me, I'd rather they got there as fast as possible. It's an unfortunate accident, and to wish the driver a painful recovery is really pathetic.
You're right, the level of support for double standards is unreal.
To support a cop driving as fast as possible in public roads is equally unreal. Better late than never ? This cop sure would have made it to an emergency promptly and safely ?
A real credit to their driver training ? Maybe he thought the roads are a race track ? Imagine if he had hit another car ? A pedestrian ? Do as we say, not as we do ?

Any of those ring any bells ?

And I'd love to see their policy on "test drives". Especially unsupervised ones. Strange approach that. Not too many tests I've ever heard of go totally unmonitored. A joyride at our expense maybe, but a test drive ?.

Id also like to see their health an safety policy regarding it too.

And it can't even be called an accident either. The police no longer call them accidents.

It has nothing to do with anti police. Just anti double standards, especially when they are supposed to lead by example.
Old 26-01-2012, 04:36 PM
220tel
PassionFord Regular

i hope he gets prosecuted for dangerous driving and goes through the whole crown court process, it will make a better copper and a safer driver if he goes through the hell of prison and being away from his family for a few months
i was accused of being involved in an accident with no damage to my car and got a 2 year ban and 4 months inside
no diferent if you ask me, he was at work and i was on the way home from work

see what happens with this one as well
>>>> http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/loca...h_in_Basildon/

Last edited by 220tel; 26-01-2012 at 04:40 PM.
Old 26-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My neighbour bought a brand new Golf R last year, very very nice cars, apart from one of his rabbits which he lets run around his house, got into his garage, chewed through some wires in the the engine bay, and it wouldnt start
Old 26-01-2012, 05:19 PM
tommytwotanks
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Brendan
I was driving along when all of a sudden the top became the bottom and the left became the right and ...... do ya recon it will t-cut out boss?
aaaaaah no, better stick it on ebay
Old 26-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Lamb Souvla
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

WTF is wrong with people on here, Police haters with no actual common sense or intellect.
He has to push hard to see the capabilities of the car in real surroundings and situations.
Fuck off with your "what ifs", what if is such a bullshit statement to try and justify comments and opinions by you ignorant people who tar all police officers with the same brush. Yes some(few) officers have a certain attitude, but the majority have a very hard job, for one dealing with people who hate them for no apparent reason.
He crashed on a test drive, so, how oftern do we see this??? Not very!
Im very sure you "haters" would be the first to complain if the police needed to attend a emergency that you were in(god forbid), and got there too slowly, no doubt you would say that you could have driven quicker and made it there faster, but that's a 'what if' so enough of that.
No i'm not a police officer, neither do I have anything to do with the forces.
I simply have no ill will towards anyone doing a hard job that could save my life/help me/ recover something stolen or anything else they do.

Mike
Old 26-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Chaz888

Surly its part of a traffic coppers skill base to drive at speed, its there job is it not ? so this time they just happen to run out of grip ,talent and road at about the same time , best of fortune to them Id say .ho and I have been stung by the law more than once but that was my fault and I dont blame the cops for doing me ,I just should of been a slicker fox and not got had.

Last edited by Chaz888; 26-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old 26-01-2012, 08:37 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by TheLocksmith
Fuck off with your "what ifs", what if is such a bullshit statement to try and justify comments and opinions by you ignorant people who tar all police officers with the same brush.
Pretty much all of the "what if" statements I made have all been used by police officers either stopping myself, or friends. SO yes they are bullshit statements issues by bullshit artists.

If they're big enough to dish them out, then they're big enough to receive criticism when it is well and truly justified.

We are told over and over again that speed kills. that the public highway is not a race track, and that we are to drive carefully and safely at all times.

There is nothing bullshit or ignorant about expecting them to do the same.

As for testing their cars to the limits, are you that fucking stupid ? Why should any car, including a police car be pushed to their limits on a public highway ? is that safe driving ?

Safety for both the police, and public are paramount under ALL circumstances and they should never be pushed to their limits posing risks.

Last edited by stevieturbo; 26-01-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 26-01-2012, 09:08 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Pretty much all of the "what if" statements I made have all been used by police officers either stopping myself, or friends. SO yes they are bullshit statements issues by bullshit artists.
You aren't allowed to drive above the speed limit, they are. It's not double standards its the way the law works. So using your argument, do you also believe you should be able to carry a gun in your car, or have a dog that you train to attack people?
Old 26-01-2012, 09:17 PM
RWD_cossie_wil
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

It even crashes like a Golf
Old 26-01-2012, 09:21 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

You aren't allowed to drive above the speed limit, they are. It's not double standards its the way the law works. So using your argument, do you also believe you should be able to carry a gun in your car, or have a dog that you train to attack people?
Actually I dont think there is anything saying they are allowed to or that it is legal.. If they do so, they do at their and the publics risk, and if they cause an accident they should be liable for their actions.
Again, safety is always the number 1 issue. Why race and crash and never get to an incident ? When you can drive safely and well within both the limits of the vehicle, and limits of the driver ( and usually those are miles apart ) and arrive at the incident safely ?
As I said, better late than never ?

It's just that when they get away with it which is most of the time, the illegal aspect is overlooked.

And Ive queried many times allowing mentally unstable people carrying guns about. I dont think it's right at all. And more than a handful of officers have used those guns illegally and with fatal consequences.

And actually I see no problem having dog trained to defend yourself or your poperty. Isnt that what guard dogs are for ?
Training them to attack random people for no reason is not the same thing, and even the police dont do that.
Old 26-01-2012, 09:28 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Actually I dont think there is anything saying they are allowed to or that it is legal.. If they do so, they do at their and the publics risk, and if they cause an accident they should be liable for their actions.
Again, safety is always the number 1 issue. Why race and crash and never get to an incident ? When you can drive safely and well within both the limits of the vehicle, and limits of the driver ( and usually those are miles apart ) and arrive at the incident safely ?
As I said, better late than never ?

It's just that when they get away with it which is most of the time, the illegal aspect is overlooked.

And Ive queried many times allowing mentally unstable people carrying guns about. I dont think it's right at all. And more than a handful of officers have used those guns illegally and with fatal consequences.

And actually I see no problem having dog trained to defend yourself or your poperty. Isnt that what guard dogs are for ?
Training them to attack random people for no reason is not the same thing, and even the police dont do that.
They are allowed to break the law if it's an emergency apparently. I'd rather they rushed when necessary, same as ambulances or fire engines.
Old 26-01-2012, 09:38 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

They are allowed to break the law if it's an emergency apparently. I'd rather they rushed when necessary, same as ambulances or fire engines.

There is a difference between making brisk and safe progress and driving dangerously. Arent these blue light drivers supposed to be trained in tactical driving ? Again, the first thing is always safety, then after that it is about getting from a to b as soon as possible. I'm sure nowhere in their training manual does it mention pushing beyond their limits. Pushing a car to it's limits. Putting other road users at risk etc etc.
It's the very reason they are hardly allowed to pursue stolen cars etc !

Hell, cops are barely allowed to chase criminals on foot these days due to health and safety concerns

And as I said earlier and the news report made reference to it. They say they are going to review their policy on such test drives. That policy would make very very interesting reading !!
Old 26-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

Nobody slating the coppers have ever seen what their car is capable of then?
Obviously have something against them, must be dodgy then.
If you had to deal with tossers day in,day out then you'd appear to have a bit of an attitude believe me. I used to work in retail and half of the customers were total idiots and really pissed you off and made you have a crap day and they're just shopping! Yes they choose to do the job but it's still one of the worst jobs to have a bad day in. I for one fully support the police in any way I can, it's called upholding the law, okay he/she was probably trying too hard but if you were in his/her shoes I'm sure it would be very difficult not to give it the beans. Anybody with a bad attitude towards the police has so for a reason. And yes I have been in a cell before but it was my fault!
Old 26-01-2012, 09:48 PM
tommytwotanks
PassionFord Post Troll

wouldnt suprise if he/she was on the phone or using the radio, but its ok they are fully trained
Old 26-01-2012, 10:09 PM
CZWRTH NZ
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Driving a car to the point it gets writin off is not on the job training, he pushed the limits to far in a public place and should be punished as any one else should. I have a chip on my shoulders cause i have funded way to many police Christmas parties through speeding tickets all with out incident. long and slow recovery.... for double standards
Old 26-01-2012, 10:14 PM
stevieturbo
C**t

Originally Posted by Madgit
Nobody slating the coppers have ever seen what their car is capable of then?
Obviously have something against them, must be dodgy then.
If you had to deal with tossers day in,day out then you'd appear to have a bit of an attitude believe me. I used to work in retail and half of the customers were total idiots and really pissed you off and made you have a crap day and they're just shopping! Yes they choose to do the job but it's still one of the worst jobs to have a bad day in. I for one fully support the police in any way I can, it's called upholding the law, okay he/she was probably trying too hard but if you were in his/her shoes I'm sure it would be very difficult not to give it the beans. Anybody with a bad attitude towards the police has so for a reason. And yes I have been in a cell before but it was my fault!
I'm sure every person on this board has pushed their cars.

The point is, the police bust their balls to prosecute/fine motorists who dont crash, who dont destroy cars, who dont cause injury etc etc
And everyone knows all too well if they were seen pushing their car to it's limits on a public road what would happen. Bye bye license.

There can be no justification whatsoever for a lone cop on an empty road to be pushing any car to it's limits. Or indeed any patrol car under any circumstances. It's just asking for a crash.

Safe driving never involves pushing a car or driver to extremes. It simply is not allowed, and if there is a policy encouraging it, again I'd love to see it and I'm sure the press would too.
Old 26-01-2012, 10:41 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Bet the people slating the police and wishing he/she a painful recovery would be the first to moan should the police not get to them in less than 2 minutes because of something tiny!
Old 26-01-2012, 10:44 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

I'm sure every person on this board has pushed their cars.

The point is, the police bust their balls to prosecute/fine motorists who dont crash, who dont destroy cars, who dont cause injury etc etc
And everyone knows all too well if they were seen pushing their car to it's limits on a public road what would happen. Bye bye license.

There can be no justification whatsoever for a lone cop on an empty road to be pushing any car to it's limits. Or indeed any patrol car under any circumstances. It's just asking for a crash.

Safe driving never involves pushing a car or driver to extremes. It simply is not allowed, and if there is a policy encouraging it, again I'd love to see it and I'm sure the press would too.
I totally agree with what your saying, I am not anti police but it is one rule for them and another for everyone else.

There was another case, recently, where one of them caught doing excessive speed, claimed he was on a "test drive" and from memory he got away with it very lightly!

Plus "Off a shout" how many police car's do you see sticking to the speed limit? People in glass houses springs to mind.

And yes most people push there cars, difference is they are supposted to be leading an example!

Martin