General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Ford Fair Tickets issue (CLUBS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what happens if due to the delay in sending the tickets out to the club stand organiser, people dont get there tickets in time ? as they have had to be posted out to members all over the country, as i dont see why the club stand organiser should be out of pocket due to refunds of peoples money.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:36 PM
STeve

Received 867 Likes on 695 Posts

Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
what happens if due to the delay in sending the tickets out to the club stand organiser, people dont get there tickets in time ? as they have had to be posted out to members all over the country, as i dont see why the club stand organiser should be out of pocket due to refunds of peoples money.

the only thing you can do is what I had to do and that is have a meet point on the day of the show to hand tickets and passes out ,Dan from Fast Ford has promised to bring up all the concerns to avoid all this again next year by actually getting clubs tickets out sooner ,nothing can be done about this years
Old 04-08-2011, 07:58 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Northants Ford Fan
As Steve said, you need to make a meeting point.

I only received my tickets from the organisers on Wednesday and had to get them posted out the same day by Special Delivery by 1pm to make sure that everybody got their tickets. That is Ł5.45 per envelope out of my own pocket. I can't organise a single meeting point due to people coming up the M1, M40 and M11.

I've chalked it down to bad luck, as long as my members get their tickets, I'm happy.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
STeve

Thats right Ian its not fair but its what needs to happen as a show organiser ,I had to be strict and crack the whip with our guys telling them all Im leaving toddington at 7.15 so if they are not there on time its tough titty and I have over 50 cars to sort too
Old 04-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Northants Ford Fan

that works if everyone is coming in the same sort of direction, ive got guys coming from all over the country some camping the night before some traveling on the morning of the show, so unless i stand out on the roundabout outside the show for ages handing out tickets and passes to everyone, when i should be trying to sort out everyone on the stand itself and enjoying the show myself it doesnt really work now does it, also in any other business if the company makes a mistake they try and compensate the custormers for the agro and complications but i doubt we will see more than just a sorry , and i think the organisers should show some common sense when it comes to sending out tickets early enough so we have more chance to get the tickets to people in time, or allow people to collect tickets at the gate if they give the right password/reference and details, if they have issues like they have been having this year, as it makes me think why do i bother if all i get is agro.
sorry for the rambling but ive had a busy day then go online to find people still havent got tickets, and there isnt anytime really to do much other than passing on tracking numbers, which makes me look bad.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:01 PM
STeve

I fully understand where your coming from as its bloody frustrating ,I have raised concerns with Dan who hopes to make improvements on next years bookings ,but for this years there is nothing they can do ,
Old 05-08-2011, 10:47 AM
pabloXR
TA 2008 2009 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm replying to this just so that Dan has more info to slap these people with.

This situation is going to cost me Ł25 and 2 hours out of my day, as i now have to drive over to coventry to collect just 1 ticket......so that ticket has cost Ł40.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:02 AM
_SpeedX_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does future publishing still use a printing company in wolverhampton (wednesfield) for the magazines?
Old 05-08-2011, 12:58 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

you can stand inside the bridge gate and pass the tickets/passes through the fence to those late comers
Old 05-08-2011, 01:02 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by _SpeedX_
does future publishing still use a printing company in wolverhampton (wednesfield) for the magazines?
It uses a variety of printers.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:04 PM
STeve

Originally Posted by dojj
you can stand inside the bridge gate and pass the tickets/passes through the fence to those late comers
you after a job then Dojj ?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:06 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

been there done that plenty of years mate, i was simply offering advice to those who haven't had the time to post their tickets out a cheaper solution to their problems

idi it at the pod as well, now THATS a long walk
Old 05-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Northants Ford Fan

yeah gonna back out and given tickets to people before, and as long as you have your ticket with you and mention to the guys on the way out you can get back in before the gates open to the public, as i had to do it the year before last.