General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Urgent help! Nms tomorow and car wont start!! ** BAD UPDATE**

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Urgent help! Nms tomorow and car wont start!! ** BAD UPDATE**

As above meant to be at nms tommorow just came over to get my car and soons i connected the battery up my speedo needle ect is moving slightly and making a clicking sound and when i turn they key im getting nothing atall doesnt even try to start !!!! HELP!

Last edited by scottyrs; 09-06-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Rst tyrone
zetec turbo

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

What car is it mate
Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

saff cos ive took battery off charged it again but its says its full so i chucked the jumpe leads on and its went to start but im trying to jump it off a little 1.0 car so its taking ages got my mate comming in his van to try now if it goes then i must have a fooked battery??
Old 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Have you got a good earth ?

Steve
Old 09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
cossie891
BANNED
BANNED

Check all the wires to the battery dude
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Moonstone Steve.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Got to be a dodgy battery connection m8

Steve
Old 09-06-2011, 04:35 PM
B19 JUB
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

perhaps youve not connected all the correct wires to correct terminals.i know it sounds silly but isnt there a few diff wires for each terminal?

Trending Topics

Old 09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

ive tried the diffrent wires ect but i know its right cant explain how gutted i am been dodgy sice december and eventually getting sorted and doesnt work typical!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM
rik-rs
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 137 Likes on 118 Posts

ah man you have some bad luck you mate..
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

yeah i kniow mate it took battery off and refittef it now it isnt clicking ect any more alarm central locking ect work but when i put the key in and turn i get nothing atal
Old 09-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'd buy a new battery.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Faulty Solenoid (spelling) on starter Motor maybe Scott??
Old 09-06-2011, 05:43 PM
James @ M Developments.
BANNED

BANNED

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Does it crank? If not check the main battery cable to starter is good, you may have moved it when disconnecting the battery ( also check stRter end incase you pulled it)

Then check the trigger feed is on the starter and has 12v on crank
Old 09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
martysmartie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 103 Likes on 101 Posts

Check you have reconnected the SEPERATE live to the battery, this is the feed to the starter itself, if you have just connected the square connector itself and not this this will cause this very issue, but you shoulden't have the clicking etc so something else may be wrong.

It sounds like the batterys duff to me if the above is ok, turn the headlights on... what do they look like, are they bright and quickly turn to a glow?

Martin
Old 09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
kosman
sideways all the way!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

shit mate i feel sorry for ya,,that car gives you some grief,can you get hold of a trailer and trailer it nms?

Last edited by kosman; 09-06-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 PM
st3v3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

are you sure you have connected ALL the wires?

I had very simila when i didnt conect a wire from my Loom to the battery once.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just sounds like a flat battery to me
Old 09-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Adam.
Needs Beer Tokens.....

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
Just sounds like a flat battery to me
+1
Old 09-06-2011, 09:18 PM
tejy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds funny but this ustedta happen with me.. battery charged but nothing when i turned the key..if not your battery give your altenator a few wacks with a hammer and providing your battery is charged up it will start straight up1
Old 09-06-2011, 10:03 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

right where do i start!! got hold of another battery as my mates rebuilding his engine so doesnt need it for abit and it started straight up although i still had lights ect with mine so thought it was charged! then i wentto the garage brimmed the cossie for my trip tommorow and then driving home my power steering pipe exploded!!! it went all over engine bonnet wheels the lot cant explain how pissed of i am obviosuly im not going now think im getting rid of it
Old 09-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Gary F
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why? Just take it down without powersteering and sort it when you get back home.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

because there fluid everywhere tried cleaning it the best i could but its terrible you can smell it burning when your driving and i didnt get a chance to clean it properly and i really dont want to drive all the way down there without power steering theres a grinding sound when i turn ect
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

this is the thing he does lol when its broke he wants to sell it.. but when its good he loves driving it and says he wont sell it . mate dont give up on it it didnt let you down before and served you good so keep it and get her fixed and enjoy it again!!! you no its worth it when you in it crusing
Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by scottyrs
because there fluid everywhere tried cleaning it the best i could but its terrible you can smell it burning when your driving and i didnt get a chance to clean it properly and i really dont want to drive all the way down there without power steering theres a grinding sound when i turn ect
its only the power steering!! stop being a little girl lol i have seen cossies being driven home with failed drive shafts,fucked clutches,fucked gear in the gearbox , i drove my car home at 10mph for 40miles on dual carriage ways when it broke ! this is fock all lol , get it down there mate!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

nah mate im not risking it ive also been told my cambelt is seriously worn its making a dodgy noise been advised to get that sorted aswell im just going to ring nms first thing and let them know and appologise and re-book but ive been offered a straight swap for a MINT fiesta rs turbo so i might just swap
Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

fiesta rs turbos are nice but you seriously cant go to that coming from a cossie!!!!! dont let the problems put u off it! get it sorted and let it take time mate . and yeah dont risk the cam belt will cost you alot if that snaps so take your time dude and get it sorted dont give up on such a nice car!
Old 09-06-2011, 10:27 PM
rs2klee
K***LMT

right where do i start!! got hold of another battery as my mates rebuilding his engine so doesnt need it for abit and it started straight up although i still had lights ect with mine so thought it was charged! then i wentto the garage brimmed the cossie for my trip tommorow and then driving home my power steering pipe exploded!!! it went all over engine bonnet wheels the lot cant explain how pissed of i am obviosuly im not going now think im getting rid of it
I think we all know how yu feel mate, but try not to let it get to you the cars letting you know that somethings wrong and at least done it while you was going home and not on a motorway.. Im sure theres loads of storys that can be told of things going wrong ,like my one.. set off to pick a airtec rs500 type cooler up lucky it wasnt far to pick up and just got round the corner and the diff went on me.. found to be one of the planet gears shit itself.. as before that i changed the shafts and thought one of the bolts span off and hit the under side of the car as thats what it sounded like, but as said it ended up being the diff. I thought after near 2 years of collecting parts, putting it all together, changing parts for better ones when they come up and things still going tits up, was time to sell it.. I nearly did, I put it on pistonheads and the add lasted about 2 hours i had to take it off.. and soo glad i did
Old 09-06-2011, 10:29 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

i know what you mean mate but im seriously considering swapping its cheaper to run insure ect and needs nothing and its really is the cleanest one ive seen! where as mine needs setup tax is nearly out on it needs cambelt/tensioner ect and some paint to get it looking how i want and i just cant afford it tbh
Old 09-06-2011, 10:31 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Being brutally honest here mate, it sounds like you're not in a position to own a Cossie... I've never had one, but I've always been told to have a sizeable stack of salmon notes put away because they're require a fair bit of cash to keep tip top and running well.

If someone is willing to swap a genuinely mint Fezza Turbo (please check it and the paperwork over properly though), I'd chew their hand off in your position.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Ade500
Fixing Fords

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MO RS TURBO
fiesta rs turbos are nice but you seriously cant go to that coming from a cossie!!!!! dont let the problems put u off it! get it sorted and let it take time mate . and yeah dont risk the cam belt will cost you alot if that snaps so take your time dude and get it sorted dont give up on such a nice car!
+1 and the fiesta will break too mate keep at it and it will soon be worth it
Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Being brutally honest here mate, it sounds like you're not in a position to own a Cossie... I've never had one, but I've always been told to have a sizeable stack of salmon notes put away because they're require a fair bit of cash to keep tip top and running well.

If someone is willing to swap a genuinely mint Fezza Turbo (please check it and the paperwork over properly though), I'd chew their hand off in your position.

Cheers,
Grant
i know mate thats what im thinking and the bloke thats wants to swap has had loads of cossies and wants a project he's offered to help me out really as he's not fussed he knows he can sell the fez and just buy a cossie
Old 09-06-2011, 10:35 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

i know what you mean mate but im seriously considering swapping its cheaper to run insure ect and needs nothing and its really is the cleanest one ive seen! where as mine needs setup tax is nearly out on it needs cambelt/tensioner ect and some paint to get it looking how i want and i just cant afford it tbh
every car at some point will need something.you might get the MINT fiesta but a day later the engine might blow , car might shit it self then what? then your fucked just keep the cossie mate takes time but it will get done sooner or later. its parked up so it aint in your way and harming you . personally i think later you will regret it mate .. the fiesta owner will no your car dont need much thats why hes willing to swap it.. well atleast he has a brain lol..keep it
Old 09-06-2011, 10:37 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

i think you had too much to drink lol wake up mate
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
tejy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by MO RS TURBO
every car at some point will need something.you might get the MINT fiesta but a day later the engine might blow , car might shit it self then what? then your fucked just keep the cossie mate takes time but it will get done sooner or later. its parked up so it aint in your way and harming you . personally i think later you will regret it mate .. the fiesta owner will no your car dont need much thats why hes willing to swap it.. well atleast he has a brain lol..keep it
yeah mate keep it. thats the joys that come with the car im afraid and although its looking to be a right pain in the arse then at least when it gets fixed then you'll enjoy the fruits of your labour so much more! gotta love fords
Old 09-06-2011, 10:53 PM
xr4x4rs
10K+ Poster!!

why dont you take the car to turbosystems as there nearer than nms
Old 09-06-2011, 11:17 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

as said mate keep it. cam belt is just a service item so its only the power steering to sort.

sometimes these cars test us. 2 weeks ago i went to change the oil on my focus ready for a track day and it blew a whole in the 4-2-1 manifold, a whole had rusted through the sump and the power steering was leeking from the high pressure pipe to pump joint. all sorted now and had to be creative to fix the power steering as you can't get just the seals and have to buy a pipe for £95 so i fixed it with an o-ring and ptfe tape.

stick with it, when its sorted and setup you'll be wondering why you ever thought of selling or swapping it with inferior fwd!
Old 10-06-2011, 07:39 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

if you have had enough get the fezzer bought. At the end of the days these are just old fords ive spent a bit on mine this year so far. I went to put a new pas rack on then found one of the engine mounts nacked. Ive just bought some mounts. I went to free off the rear caliper slide on the osr. It bloody snapped. I had to bodge it so i could still use the car. Ive just bought some calipers complete with the caliper carriers. Went to do a front inner cv boot only to find the bottom ball joint to be fook. Just bought a bottom arm.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:44 AM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

well ive been offered a straight swap glenn and honets the car is mint i havent seen one like it mate not a mark on it had a full resto every panel changed sprayed ect ect rebuilt engine approx 200bhp just thinking at this moment in time with me just moving into my flat ect it would be cheaper to run and i can still get to meets ect and best of all im still in a RS
Old 10-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Madgit
Works and plays on track

I think the fact you're even considering it says it all pal, time to swap I think
Old 10-06-2011, 09:02 AM
RS 5tu
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

A PAS pipe and cam belt inst the end of the world to be fair, but since you seem pissed of with it ide just get rid or store it for another day you may change you mind.

For me its got to the stage with old cars i dont enjoy them as i am too busy worrying about the next time there going to break down,
the other day i was driving my RS and i could smell burning so got paranoid about what it might be turns out some one was having a BBQ lol but i naturally thought my car was giving up kinda sums it up really
its going in the garage for a bit now until i get bored.

Quick Reply: Urgent help! Nms tomorow and car wont start!! ** BAD UPDATE**