General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Is it just me.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Einstein ra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MO RS TURBO
i appreciate any nice cars but scoobys no offence but i find them shit! since i ever had a ford in all my driving years i must have raced atleast 50scoobys being how common they are and NONE of them have beat me. i have sat with cossie owners and scoobys have ALWAYS got left for dead.
cossies are the beasts from the 90s and its great knowing that they are still proving that they are the true jap killing machines.
when you see a scooby its just a scooby there common cars theres too many about where as cossies are rare and then pack good power because over the years owners have modded em.... i own a zetec turbod series 2 and NEVER has a scooby kept up on the roads. again no offence to any scooby owners . 2 of my family members own scoobys the clasic shape and they just cant keep up with the cossies at tracks

Ah, so you're the troll who originally came on to Scoobynet and started all this malarkey. Let's hear more about this Bora TDI that you were regaling everyone with. You are the sort of prize prat who gives performance car owners a bad name. You seem to relish 'racing' on public roads and take great delight in 'wasting scoobies'. Why don't you reserve all this pent up frustration for the track or quarter mile? Maybe have a wank it's safer! You're just a public road menace, an accident waiting to happen. Most of the lads (and lasses) on here are down to earth, balanced and appreciate a decent car and it's capability (in the right arena). It's tits like you who are giving them a bad name akin to the chavs who are driving around in blinged up Imprezas, hanging around in shopping centres and Maccy D's. Infact weren't you trying to organise a meet in Macdonald's recently? To surmise there are idiots/chavs who affiliate with all marques, it's up to the more sensible owners to ensure they stay marginalised and distanced.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ~nomad~
Defo cool cars, just have a bit of a image problem at the moment is all, it will pass.
Exactly, bit like saphs in the 90s or xr3is and nova sr's in the 80s and they've all more or less come out of the other side now.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:55 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Chip
Its EXACTLY whata lot of cossies were about 10-15 years ago, you could buy a RWD saph for 2K and loads of chavs did as it was the cheapest way to go fast, now that they have gone up in price the same people that bought a saph 10-15 years ago buy a scooby instead now.
You couldnt go to ANY big illegal car meet in the 90s without at least a couple of chavs in saphs doing donuts and burnouts etc

Guilty as charged!!!!I used to drift my saph cos at quite a few chavvy cruises back in the day,well,when I say drift I mean more lose it in a kind of spinning out motion that sometimes resembled a slight drift!!!

There was an Asian lad there who knew how to drift his 4x4 cos though,very impressive!!!

I did mention earlier that the xr3i IMO was the ultimate chav wagon in the 80's and 90's.it's only their abysmal build quality that makes them valuable now as they must have been a good one to survive!!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 09:12 AM
FORD RS MAD
Ford model mad

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I sold my Subaru Impreza a few days ago after owning it for 3 years (I have owned Fords in the past & still am a fan of them).I had always wanted a Subaru & i had the chance of getting one.My fav part was the sound it made & the look of it,i was a member of a Subaru club so went to meets/shows etc.In all the time i had it i can honestly say i never raced anything,i'd have the odd person next to me at the lights go roaring off but i just thought 'i have a quick car & i have nothing to prove'.
If i had the means now i would like to own a RS of some kind,i love seeing RS's-XR's etc out on the roads specially the classic ones.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Rs Craig
land of the rising sun

Location: sheffield,home of james toseland world superbike champion

Originally Posted by rsturbojames
fuck off idiot..................

talk some sense
post up some pics of your out dated rs turbo's then lets see if they look any better 20 years on since i had them
Old 05-04-2011, 09:41 AM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

I Like all performance cars but ford rs and xr are my favourite but you have to admire the scooby's for there sheer performance and the fact you can use them as an everyday car, i personally am not that keen on scooby's but will admire one if i see one that is nice and stands out from the rest but give me an rs anyday but again just my opinion that blue one that you have rach looks very nice though

Last edited by milesy23rst; 05-04-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Fordmad!
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts

Same. love the classics
Old 05-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Einstein ra

Not a classic but hey ho.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 AM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Looks nice
Old 05-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Einstein ra

It's a JDM model running around 350 bhp. I've had it nigh on four years and it hasn't missed a beat (touches wood). Like the Sapphire Cosworth before it a practical, fun and quick way of getting from A to B.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
craigybaby
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

i own a scooby and think it a nice car yer at the moment its giving me a bit of grief lol but dont all cars it drives lovely and goes quite well here are a few pics

Old 05-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Einstein ra

Nice motor Craig. Incidentally i've done a little digging and found Mo RS Turbo's antics not just confined to Scoobynet!https://passionford.com/forum/genera...-rods-car.html

What an idiot!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:16 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay_
the internet has help breed a blinkered mindless atttude as far as different makes of cars are concerned

look at the aussies with gm and ford lol

why bring us in to this for A ford man dislikes a holden man theres no in between with us
Old 05-04-2011, 10:19 AM
R5FORD
10K+ Poster!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Einstein sure sumed up Mo
Old 05-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Einstein ra

Originally Posted by R5FORD
Einstein sure sumed up Mo
To be honest he has all the creditentials of a 'professional' troll. Mo Rs Turbo and Mohammed are one and the same and they are both alter egos in my opinion. I doubt the person behind them has ever sat in a Cosworth or RS Turbo let alone owned one. Sadly this is what happens when a deranged person has access to the internet. Although while they're here entertaining us they're not out there annoying someone else, let's call it care in the community.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Rs Craig
land of the rising sun

Location: sheffield,home of james toseland world superbike champion

my lord big idea's and little brain projects like that take thousonds of pounds and lots of knowledge and time.These people are some of the reason i got out of the ford thing it stems to the i want to tell everyone i have 12" when its actually only 2" god dam idiots
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What a load of bollocks

Everyone could argue the toss all day on which is best and still get nowhere

One thing I'm sure of though is that next to nobody would ever choose an xr3i over anything else
Old 05-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Rsmat
300+

Received 585 Likes on 517 Posts

I'm just glad that if I like the look of a car I buy it and then if I fall out of love with it I sell it... Regardless of make and model.... Fookall wrong with subaru's I'd deffo own one after the cossie... Some people on this thread really ought to look in the mirror and really see what they own and what there slagging off.... Just enjoy cars.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Nick 172 Sport
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have had most old skool ford variants including rs turbo and cosworth and rs2000 mk1 ive just got rid off my scoob after 2 yrs reliable never missed a beat however very plain inside and wasnt very quick in my eyes as it was standard i would not buy another the only thing i miss is the burble
Old 05-04-2011, 01:30 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rach108
Cheers, that one's mine.

For the record I'm a 36 year old professional and as RS Grant, do not own any 555 clothing or the cuddly toy.

I started out with fords and progressed through to evo's which was the car I'd always wanted. A year and a half ago I made the choice to 'downgrade' and bought myself a mark 5 Golf Gti. It wasn't quick enough so even though I'd never liked scoobs, seeing them as chav mobiles, RS Gus bought his and I quite liked the look of it. We worked out it was cheaper to run, with the 2 litre blob engine being capable of 400bhp without any need for strengthening the internals.

I started looking and found myself the blue blob, which is the best example I had seen and the best one I've seen to date. The thing is I've been massively pleased with it since I got it. It's lightly modded, running 323/326 so good fun on a run out, and with it's condition gets nice comments everywhere it goes (apart from several from FORDMAD, who seems to have taken an exception to it).

A member of a car enthusiasts forum, claiming to hate another performance car, is really the thing I struggle to get my head round. Fordmad, have you ever had a proper performance car? and I'm not referring to a rusty heap with an incorrectly fitted exhaust boasting the biggest sub in the carpark. I personally love the tidy fords, not interested in the crap heaps, just the really clean ones like RSMats cossie. That's lovely.

You really need to get a grip mate and let go of the scooby thing. It's making you look a dick.

Few pics of my scoob, to show I'm not displaying a poor mans evo or a rusty heap. Not on the right forum I realise, but I'm sure there's a few on here that will appreciate how clean it is.

Your car looks lovely, the wheels really suit it. However, the car to the right of yours is what I think the OP is aiming his rant at. Why do some Subaru owners feel the need to plaster their road cars with rally car graphics? I'm not a Subaru hater and have owned a few briefly.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:39 PM
rach108

Originally Posted by phil69a
Your car looks lovely, the wheels really suit it. However, the car to the right of yours is what I think the OP is aiming his rant at. Why do some Subaru owners feel the need to plaster their road cars with rally car graphics? I'm not a Subaru hater and have owned a few briefly.
Yes I didn't like that one either. I once saw one all stickered up like that, only to see the bloke get out wearing an identical jacket. I was in my xr2i at the time and myself and my friend were sniggering away.

Thing is, you see chavs in all the decent motors at some point. With Fords they tend to rag shitters round rather than chav them up, and with scoobs and evo's they buy really cheap old ones and paste them with nasty stickers.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

btw anyone who says they would rather have a evo than a impreza seems to be forgetting something,,,,, the price difference is ALOT as in twice as much against a classic impreza ( only one i would own) and a evo 8,,,,, its a bit like saying id rather have a porsche turbo over a boxster or a bugatti over a ferrari,

compare like for like with the same price wise and tell me what else you would have for 3k that is better as a performance car than a classic impreza ????

oh i also own a clio 172 but got the old shape,,,,,, what other car you recomend for 1200 quid against that ?
Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
btw anyone who says they would rather have a evo than a impreza seems to be forgetting something,,,,, the price difference is ALOT as in twice as much against a classic impreza ( only one i would own) and a evo 8,,,,, its a bit like saying id rather have a porsche turbo over a boxster or a bugatti over a ferrari,

compare like for like with the same price wise and tell me what else you would have for 3k that is better as a performance car than a classic impreza ????

oh i also own a clio 172 but got the old shape,,,,,, what other car you recomend for 1200 quid against that ?
Exactly,despite my hate for all things French you are spot on with the valuation points,my old scooby recently got sold for Ł500 needing a cts sensor and heater matrix after it froze in the winter with no anti freeze,car still drove spot on and went well.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:45 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Einstein ra
Ah, so you're the troll who originally came on to Scoobynet and started all this malarkey. Let's hear more about this Bora TDI that you were regaling everyone with. You are the sort of prize prat who gives performance car owners a bad name. You seem to relish 'racing' on public roads and take great delight in 'wasting scoobies'. Why don't you reserve all this pent up frustration for the track or quarter mile? Maybe have a wank it's safer! You're just a public road menace, an accident waiting to happen. Most of the lads (and lasses) on here are down to earth, balanced and appreciate a decent car and it's capability (in the right arena). It's tits like you who are giving them a bad name akin to the chavs who are driving around in blinged up Imprezas, hanging around in shopping centres and Maccy D's. Infact weren't you trying to organise a meet in Macdonald's recently? To surmise there are idiots/chavs who affiliate with all marques, it's up to the more sensible owners to ensure they stay marginalised and distanced.
seems you got the wrong end of the stick mate, i aint no chav however the way i right things on here dont help me i admit. like i said family members own 2 scoobies there ok but they dont do anything for me.im no chav my car is well looked after and 1 of the cleanest you will see and one thats had alot care in its life being with me! i havent ever arranged my own meet eiither and aint planned to!!yes i do have fun in my car but dont ever bother saying you have NEVER put your foot down!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a careful driver maybe thats why i have had ZERO crashes and NEVER been pulled for any fault of my own!!
as to scoobies i said they dont do anything for me i have wasted the ones i raced but obviously theres scoobys that will be quicker but i havent ever come across one YET!!!
Old 06-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Einstein ra

Originally Posted by MO RS TURBO
seems you got the wrong end of the stick mate, i aint no chav however the way i right things on here dont help me i admit. like i said family members own 2 scoobies there ok but they dont do anything for me.im no chav my car is well looked after and 1 of the cleanest you will see and one thats had alot care in its life being with me! i havent ever arranged my own meet eiither and aint planned to!!yes i do have fun in my car but dont ever bother saying you have NEVER put your foot down!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a careful driver maybe thats why i have had ZERO crashes and NEVER been pulled for any fault of my own!!
as to scoobies i said they dont do anything for me i have wasted the ones i raced but obviously theres scoobys that will be quicker but i havent ever come across one YET!!!

Hmm kinda strange co-incidence then eh? You're called Mo RS Turbo and the user on Snet was called RS Turbo. He had members of family with Scoobies and so have you. He had never been beaten by a Scooby and suprise surprise neither have you. His posting style, crap spelling and grammar was akin to yours too. Anyhow you've proven yourself to a be Walter Mitty with your flights of fancy. Weren't you slagging off Rod Tarry and all set to build a car that would beat him? You're an embarrasment, stop digging.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:09 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

it WASNT me who started the thread!!!!! i am on the forum on scooby net from ages back its a discussion forum i say WHAT i think not whats right and wrong i said what i think of them so stop being a bitch!!! if you got offended then sorry mate but thats what i think of them !!!stop crying
Old 06-04-2011, 08:12 PM
MO' BENT RIMS
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Einstein ra
To be honest he has all the creditentials of a 'professional' troll. Mo Rs Turbo and Mohammed are one and the same and they are both alter egos in my opinion. I doubt the person behind them has ever sat in a Cosworth or RS Turbo let alone owned one. Sadly this is what happens when a deranged person has access to the internet. Although while they're here entertaining us they're not out there annoying someone else, let's call it care in the community.
i DO own a rs turbo mate im happy to post up pics if u like!