General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

T3-T34 is it really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 24-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Fair point Mike.

I should have put

Appropriate modern injectors with a suitable flow rate / spray pattern / impedance and that are the correct physical fitment for the inlet and the rail

I thought that was implicit but better to make it explicit

Thanks for pointing out the inadequecy of my description.

The point being made though, that 803s arent ideal for 400bhp+ was and of course still is perfectly valid though obviously!
Where did I mention ANYTHING about the flow rate or impedence (because as you say, that is a given to have them matched to the turbo / ECU ), it's just that I have seen several engine's on Harvey's dyno that have had the correct impedence and flow rate injector, but due to the pattern being like a narrow "beam" (obviously designed for applications where the injector is some way from the inlet valves), once they have gone above a certain (low) duty cycle they have peaked and no further increase in injector on time has resulted in there being any increase in fuel getting into the engine..... I was just pointing out that Cossies don't like these type of injectors (which is NOT obvious from your post ).

And 803s are perfect for even 500+bhp (providing you have enough of them ). However, I have never seen a set of four 803s produce any more than the 385bhp I have quoted - and given that they were absolutely maxed out, I can't see anyone being so stupid as to go beyond this with them LOL.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Mike, you didnt mention impedance or flowrate, I did though as those are equally important, and if we are being thorough we should cover those too

400bhp+ is perfectly possible on 4 803s if you start upping the pressure but its nasty and I wouldnt recomend it, but its certainly possible.
Old 24-03-2011, 12:02 PM
Mike Rainbird
Caraholic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
Mike, you didnt mention impedance or flowrate, I did though as those are equally important, and if we are being thorough we should cover those too

400bhp+ is perfectly possible on 4 803s if you start upping the pressure but its nasty and I wouldnt recomend it, but its certainly possible.
Fuck that .
Old 24-03-2011, 12:13 PM
Cilly-jey
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Rainbird
ONLY by live mapping......
I am lucky MSD are down the road
I have bin informed by TIB, new turbo, new injectors and new map. but as I don't no alot about this I'm enjoying reading the results of what u have all done and what turbo u all recommend.