General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

low emission zone help/info???

Search this Thread

Old 28-02-2011, 10:16 AM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default low emission zone help/info???

ive been looking on the tfl website and appears ill need to have a filter fitted, been getting quoted £1400 supply :0 which is a rip of and dont see why i have to spend £1500 minimum or get a new van just to drive in my area whilst everywhere else in england is fine? my question is being as 56 plates onwards pass i was wondering if they ave these filters? could i get one from scrappy and convert mine?????
Old 28-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

When it came in it was around £3000 for a conversion to the overhalfs horse box, which was used 1 or 2 times a month and worth about £4000, so e had to sell the lorry.

Tho i tried my hardest to come up with a solution, it seemed there wernt much to the conversion, filters and exhaust and a catalyst tank, that you couldn't fit yourself as you needed a certificate and to be on the tfl system, basically ken ( at the time ) cunting livinstone, sold the rights for shitloads to approved garages.

You could stick a petrol lump in it, would be ok then, even tho the mpg will be worse and emissions higher
Old 28-02-2011, 12:05 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

cheers phil, time to sell up, would be fine for anywhere else but as said ken cunting livingstone has alot to answer for the bloody waste of oxygen lol.
Old 28-02-2011, 01:41 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

We deal with it a fair bit its a euro 4 thing and will get worse lol as euro 5 and 6 come out on trucks anyway! talk to eminox they make most of the exhaust systems ive seen for reduced pollution!
Old 28-02-2011, 01:44 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by Fil
When it came in it was around £3000 for a conversion to the overhalfs horse box, which was used 1 or 2 times a month and worth about £4000, so e had to sell the lorry.

Tho i tried my hardest to come up with a solution, it seemed there wernt much to the conversion, filters and exhaust and a catalyst tank, that you couldn't fit yourself as you needed a certificate and to be on the tfl system, basically ken ( at the time ) cunting livinstone, sold the rights for shitloads to approved garages.

You could stick a petrol lump in it, would be ok then, even tho the mpg will be worse and emissions higher
You can fit them yourself we have fitted a few now u just have to take it to vosa for a reduced pollution certificate test
Old 28-02-2011, 01:49 PM
rst in breaking
PassionFord Post Whore!!

any ideas for the cost doing it d.i.y?
Old 28-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Originally Posted by ajamesc
We deal with it a fair bit its a euro 4 thing and will get worse lol as euro 5 and 6 come out on trucks anyway! talk to eminox they make most of the exhaust systems ive seen for reduced pollution!
Not good at all, as from euro 3 to 4 engines the mpg has got worse in the pursuit for better emissions, so 5 and 6 cant be good for your pocket?

You can fit them yourself we have fitted a few now u just have to take it to vosa for a reduced pollution certificate test
Couldn't do it yourself when it came in, great if you can now tho, what sort of cost are you looking at for DIY and the testing?

Trending Topics

Old 28-02-2011, 05:49 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by rst in breaking
any ideas for the cost doing it d.i.y?
Your best bet is to google eminox and get a price off them for an exhaust system with the reqired particulate filter in it to bring it in line as for testing u would have to ring vosa and find out who dose that class of testing near to you will most likely be the closest hgv test station
Old 28-02-2011, 05:52 PM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Originally Posted by Fil
Not good at all, as from euro 3 to 4 engines the mpg has got worse in the pursuit for better emissions, so 5 and 6 cant be good for your pocket?

Couldn't do it yourself when it came in, great if you can now tho, what sort of cost are you looking at for DIY and the testing?
That all depends on what u work on lol a euro 5 daf has much mpg than a euro 3 one! and daf say in london an xf 105 puts cleaner air out of the exhaust than it takes in the air filter lol when u take them to test there so clean they dont even register on the meter!
Old 01-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

That all depends on what u work on lol a euro 5 daf has much mpg than a euro 3 one! and daf say in london an xf 105 puts cleaner air out of the exhaust than it takes in the air filter lol when u take them to test there so clean they dont even register on the meter!
ahh for me its my navara, got an auto euro 4 one, and like others its does 20mpg

but the euro 3 autos do something like 28mpg same engine just less emisions crap fitted

Didnt realise that it was so different when buying