General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Showing true colours,

Search this Thread

Old 18-02-2011, 04:28 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Char1ie
I think Danny may have made a mistake as I don't think AFR bought Enhanced Performance. As with a lot of this thread I don't know for sure.

Sometimes we just have to live with uncertainty

Have a nice weekend everybody. I'm off home. Don't get your knickers in a twist and remember there's more to life than cars and engines.

Charlie
Not when someone's been ripped off for QUITE A SUM OF MONEY
Old 18-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Char1ie
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by fordsportjay
im just quoting facts that both you and danny are stating in this thread.no-one seems to know what the fuck has gone on and who owns the business......

then after being questioned about a couple of quotes- you go off home for the weekend...see you monday. god,i never get involved in these but this is fun!!
I'm still here, just for you.

I know exactly what has gone on, and I know who owns the business, and businesses.

Chill out. What difference does it make? Luke works for Luke and is still working for Luke. What's the big deal? It's not like there's a Monopolies and Mergers investigation underway.

And now I really am off home - I'm playing poker tonight so will revisit this thread tomorrow when I have won some cash and had some beer. Try to stay calm everybody

Charlie

Last edited by Char1ie; 18-02-2011 at 04:31 PM.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

My advice to Luke was to turn away customers that didn't fit the business, or would be troublesome. I can't comment on the specifics of either job as I wasn't involved but I do know that both John's S1 and D4 RST caused Luke massive hassle with ongoing non-payment. I seem to remember D4 RST sitting in the workshop for weeks while the owner tried to get the money together to pay the bill.

I know that they will respond with "why pay for work that wasn't done right" but partially I think when one is working for customers that have a reputation for not paying one doesn't do the best work for them.

I believe that any tuner that isn't interested in doing a perfect 100% job with all the Is dotted and the Ts crossed then that tuner should refuse to do the work. Luke took on jobs that weren't worth doing then didn't do them as well as he could - in these situations mistakes get made and reputations get damaged.

Charlie
I payed him a week after it was finished the first time £1200, I payed him once the work was completed for the head change sum of £500 around iirc, So you can take me out of that right now,

Last time i wasnt going to pay for a fucked car am i? As i said i am no mug and certainly not stupid EP gauranteed it and with that it should cost the customer nothing if it goes wrong, Which it did and needed building again through luke rushing my car without a care. SIMPLE
Old 18-02-2011, 04:34 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

My advice to Luke was to turn away customers that didn't fit the business, or would be troublesome. I can't comment on the specifics of either job as I wasn't involved but I do know that both John's S1 and D4 RST caused Luke massive hassle with ongoing non-payment. I seem to remember D4 RST sitting in the workshop for weeks while the owner tried to get the money together to pay the bill.

I know that they will respond with "why pay for work that wasn't done right" but partially I think when one is working for customers that have a reputation for not paying one doesn't do the best work for them.

I believe that any tuner that isn't interested in doing a perfect 100% job with all the Is dotted and the Ts crossed then that tuner should refuse to do the work. Luke took on jobs that weren't worth doing then didn't do them as well as he could - in these situations mistakes get made and reputations get damaged.

Charlie
so they should be a hassle if thats the quality of work they get done

Originally Posted by milesy
Danny, have you looked at the pictures on john's photobucket account? i suggest you do as the workmanship was shoddy, diabolical, and every other shit word i can think of this wasn't just a slight misshap but a MAJOR complete FUCK UP
This. Admit it, ep or whoever it was fucked up epically and should be ashamed.

Originally Posted by Rs Cosworth 1
Payment next day your right, As i said the issue's i found after taking the car back off your company didnt warrant paying, I wasnt going to pay for a broken fooooked car am i? Would you? i wanted it fixed and after all the bullshit all i wanted was a working car your company never delivered them good's to me, And thus returned my car in a worst state than when it went in

Pictures dont lie danny, and neither do i, Yeah i have mate's like caz etc that was around when i was having issue's with EP so they know full well the story, You and luke are good hiding your self's behind cosworth's and the people surrounding them, I ask you this read my post and explain why it wasnt gauranteed in the first place so why should payment be needed if it's gauranteed by EP's workmanship? Oh yeah that's because yet again bullshit,

Check my pictures danny go on see what EP did to my S1 MINT i may add .
So you shouldn't pay. It's clear to see that they've fucked up a perfectly good car

He fucked his car up so why should he pay???
Again. This.

And one more thing, you keep saying "oh I dont know all the facts" but then you say things like "it's not his fault"

Oh and get well soon to the fella who's in hospital
Old 18-02-2011, 04:34 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fook me i was just trying to find out where abouts ep is located as i need a setup then saw this thread its shocking, think ill stick to nms
Old 18-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Char1ie

For now, anybody looking for Enhanced Performance - I would suggest go to http://www.afrtuning.co.uk/ and use the contact details there.

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Have a nice weekend everybody. I'm off home. Don't get your knickers in a twist and remember there's more to life than cars and engines.

Charlie
Where to start with this.

"Sometimes we just have to live with uncertainty " How sarky could you be? He's lost a large wedge of his hard earned and you can say is "chance you take?"

"there's more to life than cars and engines." Yes, but when you've spent that much on a car and engine and it's your pride and joy you can help but feel a little pissed off
Old 18-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Char1ie

Anybody looking for Enhanced Performance at the moment should use the http://www.afrtuning.co.uk/ website and give them a call.

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:38 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Yeah i wouldn't bother m8 probably blow your engine or melt a piston FUCKING COWBOY'S
Old 18-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Char1ie

Originally Posted by DarylC
Where to start with this.

"Sometimes we just have to live with uncertainty " How sarky could you be? He's lost a large wedge of his hard earned and you can say is "chance you take?"

"there's more to life than cars and engines." Yes, but when you've spent that much on a car and engine and it's your pride and joy you can help but feel a little pissed off
I wasn't being sarky. The uncertainty I was referring to was fordsportjay who was looking to untangle the business side of things. I feel for John and I would hate to be in his position.

Charlie
Old 18-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

I wasn't being sarky. The uncertainty I was referring to was fordsportjay who was looking to untangle the business side of things. I feel for John and I would hate to be in his position.

Charlie
my bad

I still stand by my other points though
Old 18-02-2011, 04:46 PM
timotei1980
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

when i was having a discussion with John of AFR about the situation of my car he said he was Luke's boss now.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:46 PM
tarry500
Regular Contributor

Charlie[/QUOTE]

Not when you slog your guts out to earn some money to spend on your pride and joy. What if you got some builders round to fix your house, then the work they did was shoddy and when you complained they said all well its only a house.You enjoy your poker night, you must have the money to gamble away unlike the poor bloke who is now out of pocket. Prick
Old 18-02-2011, 04:47 PM
jme-rst
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the op,when did u ep start ur engine work in 09?
And AFR tuning are a dissolved company so and eps company documents seem a bit suspect
Old 18-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Originally Posted by jme-rst
To the op,when did u ep start ur engine work in 09?
And AFR tuning are a dissolved company so and eps company documents seem a bit suspect
It broke in 2009 i went to medway had them build me a fully forged bottom and top end from scratch near enough everything was basically new or the best 2nd hand bits u could get,

By end of 2009 it was in EP's hands,
Old 18-02-2011, 04:58 PM
Deano
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Fair point. But once that tuner has learnt from his mistakes then he should be in business provided that he doesn't screw up again in the same way......
Wrong again fella , if said Tuner made a genuine mistake but offered to put it right then yes of course , and will build on that business with that kind of attitude .

A tuner should give 100% to any job he takes on , from a simple set up to a full on engine rebuild . if hes not willing to give 100% to every customer ........ well he wont have any to worry about !
Old 18-02-2011, 05:09 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

fucking cowboy cunts ,never thought much of danny, luke or abc. ep. ect. good riddens to bad rubbish
Old 18-02-2011, 05:09 PM
Dlatch!

lots of the OP original complaints don't add up to me

how could you not hear a cam shaft eating its self? and how can "bad mapping" cause this

on another note i would not like to deal with any company where you can not pin down who actually works there/owns it ect
if i was taking a car for work to be done all this i don't work for them ect business would have made me a very nervous customer indeed.
would be nice to see this resolved but i can't see it happening too many things just don't add up on both sides
Old 18-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

Originally Posted by dlatch

how could you not hear a cam shaft eating its self? and how can "bad mapping" cause this

on another note i would not like to deal with any company where you can not pin down who actually works there/owns it ect
if i was taking a car for work to be done all this i don't work for them ect business would have made me a very nervous customer indeed.
would be nice to see this resolved but i can't see it happening too many things just don't add up on both sides
Huh hear it eating it's self? I said it stuttered on light (crusing) Bad mapping i never said that caused that, I said the MFI was never going to be right with a fucked cam, So luke should have not let the car out till the problem was fixed, Simple yes? He gauranteed the work as he checked the whole engine over with the £1200 bill he landed me, I think £350 of that was RR time for set up on MFI with a 5TH injector.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:17 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

iirc it wasnt that long ago i saw danny and luke baffled on how a rising rate fpr works. nuf said.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:17 PM
Rs Cosworth 1
RS for life

So any mapping issue's MFI EFI or any issue's mechanically should have been gaurenteed is what i am digging at.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:18 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

This thread reeks of guilt lies and contradiction from team EP.

Charlie is slinging mud in the OP's direction about non-payment. Well I'm sorry but that is totally irrelavant, two wrongs do not make a right. The cold facts are laid out here yet team EP are showing totally the wrong attitude to the OP. I was always a bit suspicious of there overly helpful attitude on here in general, seemed a bit fishy and now we can all see why.

And LOL at the comment "there is more to life than cars" comment.... like what? Robbing people blind? Do you console your customers with that so they are not so upset when they end up with a car in a worse condition than when it arrived that they can never use?

This is shocking and I feel very very sorry for the OP, whom it seems has totally lost his enthusiasm over cars because of these scandalous bodgers.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:23 PM
milesy23rst
PUG 306 GTI-6

Originally Posted by dlatch

Are you for real?? read the full thread on here and in the s2 room and look at the photobucket link to the pictures, doesn't add up IDIOT
Old 18-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fasten your seat belts, this is gona be bumpy ride
Old 18-02-2011, 05:40 PM
timrud
BANNED
BANNED

Personally I think EP will hide there heads in the sand over this.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:41 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Jesus seems others are coming out the wood work now!

I certainly wouldn't be going to EP or AFR or whatever they call themselves now!

I'm sorry but even with explanations; I'm even more confused over which company is which/who is who? To contact EP ring AFR?

The bottom line is whatever company/people touched these RS turbos (from people's statements Danny and Luke) deserve to be properly named and shamed. People need to know this is not a company to go to for anything it seems if that's what they turn out?

There's absolutely NO excuses of payment/non-payment/working to tight budgets that come into these horrendous bodges.
When was the last time MSD/M.A.D/NMS had a story ANYTHING like the ones above?
Old 18-02-2011, 05:42 PM
XRT_si
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 54 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by crazycage
iirc it wasnt that long ago i saw danny and luke baffled on how a rising rate fpr works. nuf said.

Old 18-02-2011, 05:44 PM
dave_s2_rst

I think Danny may have made a mistake as I don't think AFR bought Enhanced Performance. As with a lot of this thread I don't know for sure.

Charlie
True, but when someone has forked out a fair wedge they should get a decent job in return? We don't all earn masses (don't know if you do lol), but £1200 is alot to pay for most.

"As for findings on d4..yeah i hear the engines fucked??

After constant mind changing and umpteen hours on the dyno and a not so clever owner im not suprised??"

That's alittle harsh danny? Surely a well built engine should survive?? Maybe he wasn't so clever coming back to you time and time again!

You don't exactly do your company (the company or whatever connections you have) favours by the way you handle your "business" and certainly don't reassure anyone with comments like above. Lets hope your spray job for martin doesn't flop else that will be game over for sure.

I'm in favour of posts like this as it promotes better practise by tuners (no disrespect to anyone here apart from the obvious).
Yes everyone makes mistakes, but its how you deal with them! this will either make or break you! Your method certainly doesn't do any favours for EP.

I await chip and the gang as i'm sure they have plenty to say here about this company.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Luca
Lukesville

Don't think I have ever read such a confusing thread!
Sorry to hear about the trashed builds.
Abc Ep Afr ..... I know what's next!

www. My big fat gypsy tuning company . com
Old 18-02-2011, 05:47 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Luca
Don't think I have ever read such a confusing thread!
Sorry to hear about the trashed builds.
Abc Ep Afr ..... I know what's next!

www. My big fat gypsy tuning company . com
Old 18-02-2011, 05:47 PM
dave_s2_rst

Originally Posted by XRT_si
There's absolutely NO excuses of payment/non-payment/working to tight budgets that come into these horrendous bodges.
When was the last time MSD/M.A.D/NMS had a story ANYTHING like the ones above?

So true and you don't see these companies rushing to get business from people, as its their rep that brings people to them.

Good job Ronnie stuck with Joe (not that i know joe) and didn't go for these cowboys
Old 18-02-2011, 05:48 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are you Miss Marple or Hercule Poirrot today?

AFR is a company that tunes cars run by two guys called I think, Matt and John. From what I have seen they are specialising in tuning and buidling high end Japanese performance cars and are doing very well. It is nothing to do with ABC Motorsport.

http://www.afrtuning.co.uk/

Charlie
im jay fuckin andrews like i always have been.my businesses have been run by me (badly) and only i have been accountable.
i was only trying to establish what is true and what is not.
who owned enhanced performance
is there/what is the link with abc

from what i can read luke is the only person to blame for the rst engine build. but if he was just a spanner man for an owner of enhanced (ie the money/admin/advertising man) then maybe he should also be accountable? but if it is just luke,then its his fault and surely people on here now who are being advised to go to afr would not go knowing the poor quality of some of lukes work.

i have nothing against danny,luke or charlie and dont even know them really (apart from a couple of phone calls from danny when abc about some cossies i was selling). but ive got nothing better to do as im laid up recovering from an operation so got loads of time on my hands!!
Old 18-02-2011, 05:54 PM
Gazzonator
Gary Krishna

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

I was thinking of taking my saph to EP to be mapped but after reading all of this, I won't bother.
Old 18-02-2011, 05:56 PM
dave_s2_rst

Originally Posted by Kitchen Devil
I was thinking of taking my saph to EP to be mapped but after reading all of this, I won't bother.
stick to the usual decent suspects

mad
msd
ahmed
scs
etc

They have a rep for a reason!
Old 18-02-2011, 05:57 PM
fordsportjay
PassionFord Post Whore!!

what fucks me off is the number of times i could have gone into the way of tuning cossies etc when i was dealing in the ford rs cars a few years back. im a mechanic and know my way around a cossie amongst other performance cars but would never ever claim to be a specialist and play above my capabilities at the expense of customers.maybe i would have been a millionare now!!!

thats me done.....

Last edited by fordsportjay; 18-02-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Dlatch!

Are you for real?? read the full thread on here and in the s2 room and look at the photobucket link to the pictures, doesn't add up IDIOT

the OP posted this

"So there inspecting the S1 (danny and luke) Luke reckons head gasket which I even knew wasn’t the case, We check the oil (Me and danny) and the oil is silver (Particles) so its fooked strip it down, Which they do to find the cam had been wearing out (Hence the stuttering and rough idle) and the cam lobe wore off shattered the tappet into my STAGE 3 head cam head all snuffed"

he does a 230 mile journey on a engine that has mechanical issues not mapping issues the only way the cam could break like that is in correct followers or no oil.
the oil does not get checked until its been recovered back to EP? are you kidding me

i do feel for the guy as you pay your money and want the job done right and i can see he has spent a fortune and ended up having to break the car which is a shame, i could post quite a few "if only he had" but its pointless as we can't wind back time.
zombienation
BANNED
BANNED

Interesting read. I'm confused as to who owns what and what EP is actually called these days. Seems like this Luke dude is the culprit but he's been incapacitated today. Maybe by a disgruntled customer?

All I have ascertained is none of this is anything to do with teflon Danny!
Old 18-02-2011, 06:07 PM
jme-rst
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So john at afr tuning now owns ep but luke runs it?
And afr tuning are listed as a dissolved company so should no longer be trading,so now they trade under ep?
Confusing to say the least

Last edited by jme-rst; 18-02-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 18-02-2011, 06:09 PM
crazycage
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Danny @ Enhanced Performance
Yeah of course!!!lol

cheers danny
the thread is in here lol.am sure it can be found with the search engine.
Old 18-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Derby_Gav
PassionFord Regular

I'm sure a photo of a cup of tea and some hobnobs will pop up soon.

Quick Reply: Showing true colours,