General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford customer service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:00 PM
davie 3 door
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford customer service sucks

Well thats me finnaly been told by Ford that they will NOT be paying out on my warranty claim of a front screen on my 192 miles Ford Focus rs mk2 registered in December.

After countless calls photos sent and false promises from Peoples Edinburgh, i decided to go to a local dealer Mackilin Motors Ford Hamilton, to which the workshop took the car in and has claimed its a stonechip, he can tell as "hes done this for years" w4anker, It was deffo a stress crack imo ffs, the cars hardly been out,anyway took it up with Ford customer care who have in turn come back to me today and are now telling me its outwith the warranty claim period!!!

SO LET ME JUST SAY THANX VERY MUCH FORD, FOR FOOK ALL!!!!!
THE ATTITUDE FROM FORD FROM SERVICE DEPT TO CUSTOMER CARE IS UTTER CRAP.

So this does prove to me anyway that Ford dont give a fook about anyone, even true enthusiasts, i feel let down by FOMOCO.

Anyway contacted my insurance company today who in turn have dealt with it all in one day with a date made for the installation of a new screen, genuine FORD unit, being fitted at my home adress, excess £50, however it was more the principle i was wanting ford to deal with it!!

STUFF YOU FORD.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:15 PM
scottyrs
DURHAM RSOC

arseholes mate!
Old 04-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Darylc.
49cc superbike!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've heard countless stories of crap customer service from Ford. Can't blame the people who work there though, Ford set the rules, they just obey
Old 04-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

A window wouldn't crack under stress, would it?

I cracked the screen in my last Merc but mine WAS hit by a stone.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:37 PM
beefyecosse

The cracking of front screens on focus's is a known fault to ford as i have had a few in the last couple of months coming into my work straight from the ford factory and a couple of them have went back to the factory to have replacement screens fitted .
Old 04-02-2011, 09:43 PM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pictures of said crack ?
Old 04-02-2011, 09:49 PM
RS20004x4
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

im surprised they havent changed it, as long as the dealer filled in the form, took pics of the screen etc and emailed it off to ford tech, i cant see why they wouldnt change it at that age/mileage. i reckon the dealer has made the judgement thats its a chip and told ford customer relations that.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:03 PM
davie 3 door

Originally Posted by RS20004x4
im surprised they havent changed it, as long as the dealer filled in the form, took pics of the screen etc and emailed it off to ford tech, i cant see why they wouldnt change it at that age/mileage. i reckon the dealer has made the judgement thats its a chip and told ford customer relations that.
Thats exactly what has happend mate, the fella in the service dept had a attitude from the start!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw fomoco is the parts manufacturing,,,,,, its not actually the people you are blaming
Old 05-02-2011, 11:31 AM
davie 3 door

Originally Posted by Ginge !
btw fomoco is the parts manufacturing,,,,,, its not actually the people you are blaming

FOMOCO is short for the "FORD MOTOR COMPANY" TA!!
Old 05-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I think Ginge knows who/what FoMoCo are.

The point he was making is that your problem appears to lie with a franchised retailer.

FoMoCo build the cars, using components bought in from multiple external suppliers. They wholesale those cars to the retailers who sell them to you.

You have no contract with FoMoCo, just like with any other consumer purchase the contract exists between buyer and seller. How the wholesaler and retailer conduct business between themselves is their business.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:10 PM
davie 3 door

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
I think Ginge knows who/what FoMoCo are.

The point he was making is that your problem appears to lie with a franchised retailer.

FoMoCo build the cars, using components bought in from multiple external suppliers. They wholesale those cars to the retailers who sell them to you.

You have no contract with FoMoCo, just like with any other consumer purchase the contract exists between buyer and seller. How the wholesaler and retailer conduct business between themselves is their business.
Am i missing something here???My contract is with the FORD MOTOR COMPANY, FOMOCO for short!!!

What you are saying is rubbish, the dealer must addear to the rules set by Ford!!!
In this situation they are not.Ford as a company are not much better.

Believe me i know plenty about the matter.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:25 PM
RS20004x4
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

if you have another dealer close by, book it in there instead, might get a better response. ford customer relations are just like any other call centre nowadays, they dont know anything and are led by what the dealer tells them.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:18 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by davie 3 door
Am i missing something here???My contract is with the FORD MOTOR COMPANY, FOMOCO for short!!!

What you are saying is rubbish, the dealer must addear to the rules set by Ford!!!
In this situation they are not.Ford as a company are not much better.

Believe me i know plenty about the matter.
I guess you ARE missing something - check your invoice for the sale of the car and I'm 90% sure it will be by a retailer to you (or your finance co if applicable).

I'm keeping 10% in reserve just in case you are one of a handful of people with a direct supply arrangement with FoMoCo (the car manufacturer Ford Motor Co).

If you are a mere mortal like the rest of us, your contract is with the supplying retailer. Even manufacturers who own their own retailers will typically have them set up as a wholly-owned subsidiary.

Rather than my earlier advice being rubbish, you might like to expand your own plentiful knowledge by having a look at The Sale of Goods Act which covers the sale of new cars. Don't believe me? Here's the BBC's take on it but there are plenty more sources on the net and in real life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/x-ray/sit...new-cars.shtml

It is 100% up to the retailer who sold the car to correct any defects and he then recovers those costs from the maker.

All auto makers have their own set of standards for their franchisees to be measured against. In cases like this the retailer has to determine if the damage is caused by an inherent fault or by something else, like a squirrel falling out of a tree for instance.

Meantime, have a look at messages 11 and 13 on this and see if you can get hold of the ford Bulletin referred to, then go back to the retailer.
http://www.talkford.com/topic/85867-heater-gone-weak/