General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

End of an Era...

Search this Thread

Old 13-11-2010, 09:18 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Christ, Neil's on form with this thread. Definitive "owned" replies
Old 13-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Steve Cooper
PassionFord Regular

Default max power

long live the k&n filter and peco big bore 4 lol.
Old 13-11-2010, 11:05 AM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I reckon it went down the pan because people were being mislead by the name and stopped buying it. No Power would have been a more suitable name!
Old 13-11-2010, 11:25 AM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
I can assure you no-one has shown me up on this forum, as I don't take the internet seriously enough for anyone to show me up. Not to mention none of the people you mentioned have the intelligence to show me up, even if I did.

Of course we have... on a regular basis.

I have no need to have my intelligence questioned. Its certified, by my academic scolarship to one of the finest private schools in the country, followed by my degree, and the ongoing success in my current job, as well as my life outside of work.

What is it that you do again? Ah yes - stick computer peripherals up your rectum, photograph it and put it on the internet.

You truly are a leader of men.

Funny that you seem to get so easily riled by Dave, Chip, and myself. Is it possibly because we're all quite successful, outspoken, and think you're a cunt?

Personally, I don't even know why you're on this website. You don't seem to have any interest in cars - certainly none that I can see. You use every forum section BUT the ones that involve pure car discussion, and attempt (and fail) to be controversial or funny with every post.

If you had any love of Fords, there is no way you could possibly wish Fast Ford to suffer - that magazine was (and is) as "important" to some of us growing up around the car scene, as Max Power or any of those founding titles. I guess I speak for quite a few who used to buy Fast Ford AND Performance Ford quite religiously and enjoyed them both for their worth.

Anyway, since this is a sensible discussion on my part for once, I fully expect you to reply with something along the lines of "I don't have to explain myself to you", and you don't.

It's just curiousity. Us lauded types sometimes look down on you bottom-feeders and wonder why!
Old 13-11-2010, 12:07 PM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Originally Posted by Mike C
Before Max Power came along, I remember reading Street Machine! One of my last memories of that was an Anglia 105e group thrash in 1992! Can't remember much else tbh now!
Do you not remember 'project bottle rocket'? The Skoda (estelle?) with a fiat twincam and a load of nitrous!

I wonder what Motorworld are gonna do with the massive overstocks of Max Power branded neons and other associated tat now?
Old 13-11-2010, 02:12 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

don't forget the pinto powered robin reliant, that launched, lifted the front up, then crashed down again and put the engine through the bonnet
Old 13-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by RichardPON

Funny that you seem to get so easily riled by Dave, Chip, and myself. Is it possibly because we're all quite successful, outspoken, and think you're a cunt?

Why would the fact that you're sucsessful bother me? Some of my best friends are very sucsessful, and it doesn't bother me. I'm not the jealous type, and you, Chip and the other cunt are somewhat nothing to be jealous of.

Personally, I don't even know why you're on this website. You don't seem to have any interest in cars - certainly none that I can see. You use every forum section BUT the ones that involve pure car discussion, and attempt (and fail) to be controversial or funny with every post.

Regardless of why you know I'm on the website, I am on it, and I'm fully entitled to be here. From what you see, I don't have an interest in cars, so you don't see much then, as I have a keen interest in them. As for using other sections of the forum and failing, it wasn't all bad when I told you where to order your protein from a damn site cheaper in the Fitness section, to which you kindly thanked me. I won't bother next time, and I'll let the man with his scholarship get ripped off.

If you had any love of Fords, there is no way you could possibly wish Fast Ford to suffer - that magazine was (and is) as "important" to some of us growing up around the car scene, as Max Power or any of those founding titles. I guess I speak for quite a few who used to buy Fast Ford AND Performance Ford quite religiously and enjoyed them both for their worth.

I enjoy Performance Ford regularly myself, as it happens. It's not the best of magazines, but I do enjoy it. I don't buy Fast Ford for my own reasons, and therefore if it failed it would be of no loss to me. As I happen to dislike the people it is run by, I wouldn't lose sleep over its loss. This has no baring on my love of Fords at all.

Anyway, since this is a sensible discussion on my part for once, I fully expect you to reply with something along the lines of "I don't have to explain myself to you", and you don't.

You go on about how sucsessful you are, and for someone with a love of cars who has made it, the last I noticed you was driving around in a shitty old MR2. So you see, if I am jealous, that's probably why.

It's just curiousity. Us lauded types sometimes look down on you bottom-feeders and wonder why!
Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:33 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by COCHYN
Christ, Neil's on form with this thread. Definitive "owned" replies
Get your tongue out of his arse hole. It's making me sick.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:38 PM
12_Second_rst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

benni why dont u just go complain in the muppet room and stop ruining this thread
Old 13-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by 12_Second_rst
benni why dont u just go complain in the muppet room and stop ruining this thread
Err... No.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:43 PM
12_Second_rst

well tbh this thread actually is quite interesting up untill the point where you started bickering im not one for pf politics but its just annoys me that i have to read all this shit on a thread that i was actually enjoying reading
Old 13-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

well tbh this thread actually is quite interesting up untill the point where you started bickering im not one for pf politics but its just annoys me that i have to read all this shit on a thread that i was actually enjoying reading
No-one forces you to read it.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:47 PM
12_Second_rst

but its in the middle of a thread where it doesnt need to be
Old 13-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Daveysaff
Do you not remember 'project bottle rocket'? The Skoda (estelle?) with a fiat twincam and a load of nitrous!

I wonder what Motorworld are gonna do with the massive overstocks of Max Power branded neons and other associated tat now?
hey funny story for you,,,, i fixed a family members car stereo a few years ago and i refused to accept money for it as,,, well i dont take money of friends ect if that makes sence

anyway due to that he bought me a present,,,,,, HE BOUGHT ME SOME BLUE NEON LIGHTS TO GO UNDER MY COSSIE AS HE NOTICED I DIDNT HAVE THEM FITTED TO MY CAR

that was the only good thing about my cossie being nicked,,,,,,, i didnt have to fit them and he thinks they was stolen with the car
Old 13-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

but its in the middle of a thread where it doesnt need to be
benni i have to agree,,,, dont get me wrong i have a bad habit of going off topic but i dont use it to whine like a little bitch,,,,,,,,, ill start a new thread for that (hint hint)
Old 13-11-2010, 03:09 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by phil69a
I reckon it went down the pan because people were being mislead by the name and stopped buying it. No Power would have been a more suitable name!
I'm not sure I'd agree with that to be honest.

Yes there little engined cars in there, but that's a good thing! Not everyone who is into cars can afford something fast, so by featuring more insurance-friendly stuff, gave the younger readers (of which there were an awful lot) something to aspire to.

And it did have a lot of powerful stuff in too. I remember numerous 500bhp Cossies, big power Scoobys, 194mph on the A1 in a Supra, as well as all the other Top Secret based tomfoolery.
Old 13-11-2010, 04:10 PM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

Get your tongue out of his arse hole. It's making me sick.

Benni.
Oh dear Benni, for a Scouse that was really a poor attempt at a smart ass reply

But according to you, everyone's got their *tongue in his arse hole" Nothing to do with jumping on the band wagon, simply agreeing with comments that are well and trully justified

Stop crying numb nuts and accept defeat
Old 13-11-2010, 04:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

You've made your point now Benni. It's clear that no one agrees with you, and you're just making yourself look like a bitter little prick by carrying on. Do yourself a favour and take your whining somewhere else.

And if you think for one micro-second that it bothers me that you don't buy Fast Ford you're very much mistaken. There's 20 odd thousand other people who enjoy it every month.

Bore off and go play with your little dick somewhere else.
Old 13-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Just logged on for an appetiser while my teas on.

Haha! Dear 'ol Bennisloth. What's goin' on? Lifes all going wrong aint it?

You wouldn't answer my simple question about mags content and why the apparant hatred. But later went onto post the reasons.
You claim not to get wound up or take the internet seriously. Yet you say you have stopped buying it because we are all cunts?
You were corrected and told we would speak to you, and said you wouldn't speak to us anyway?

As ever, there are lots of obvious contradictions in your waffling. All easy answers, but it goes round in circles.

Get to the real root of the problem here, and.....well......it's just a bit sad really.

But you can't seem to see how you come across- Needy, and stupid.

Honestly. It's really sad you seek attention in these type of ways. Which is clearly why you follow various forum members around trying to get some kind of reaction.

C'mon samehead, hop back on this bus with me; let's get this thread back on topic shall we??

You always make claims about being into cars when people question why you're on the forum. Yet you have as far as i see not said anything at all about Max Power.....you know, the legendary magazine that this thread is about?

What do you think about Max then???
Old 13-11-2010, 06:16 PM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.nudecelebforum.com/t3879-...f-british.html

some nice naked pics of olivia there about halfway down the page
Old 13-11-2010, 06:26 PM
lead_foot
is awesome

Originally Posted by botters
http://www.nudecelebforum.com/t3879-...f-british.html

some nice naked pics of olivia there about halfway down the page
Good find

I had this one tape:

on this on CD:

Last edited by lead_foot; 13-11-2010 at 06:31 PM.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:11 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The same as many others I've not bought an issue for prob 10 years now but the mag was MASSIVELY influential when I was a teen.

First issue I bought was one with a kawasaki green astra with a whaletail (i think) and "350" bhp, and I deccided from that moment I was going to get a car featured in a mag (something my mother took great pleasure in reminding me of recently! ). Never got a motor in MP but did get my RST and 3 Door in the reader's rides bit of FF.

Used to think Gez Jones was hilarious, as well as Hans' quad turbo Uno!

Recycled all my old issues a number of years ago now and wish I hadn't really.

I'm also surprised I'm not blind after spending an inordinate amount of "private time" with Olivia.

Cheers Max, some great memories!
Old 13-11-2010, 10:18 PM
skeg
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Shifty Disco
Bloody hell. End of an era indeed. I bought the first copy of Revs when I was 11 years old, I remember the cover car was a silver mk1 golf GTI and you got a free keyring (which I still had til a couple of years a go) and condom holder and a sticker.

Back on topic. I used to buy Max Power back in the day (used to get it delivered from the newsagents!) from around 96 - 99. I think it probably struggled to shrug off the fibreglass and furious image in recent years. Think the last copy I bought was the 15th anniversary issue.
Those gold old free key rings huh. As posted in the other thread, it was good for a quick look at registration time at school but never the best read.
Old 13-11-2010, 10:47 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by bigchez
Used to think Gez Jones was hilarious, as well as Hans' quad turbo Uno
Gez is actually my boss! He's Fast Ford's Publisher now.
Old 13-11-2010, 11:02 PM
mark
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

who was it that had the 3door that had gold plated engine
only ever seen that car in the mag
Old 13-11-2010, 11:05 PM
bigchez
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Gez is actually my boss! He's Fast Ford's Publisher now.
No way! Does he still permanently have a tab hanging out the corner of his mouth??
Old 13-11-2010, 11:12 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Any one remember the yellow astra GSi that was in there? was 2L Turbo conversion, one of the first I saw and nearly turned to the dark side because of it

But we stuck the engine in a mini instead

I am sure it was a in a max power, could be wrong though lol

Last edited by Minirotty; 13-11-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 13-11-2010, 11:15 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

You've made your point now Benni. It's clear that no one agrees with you,
That's why I have had numerous private messages from people who do agree with me, but don't wisht to say so on the forum publically. As we are going around in circles, and by know both you, Neil and the others must realise I think you are a bunch of cunts, and I wish for your magazine to fail one day, I'll get back on topic.

As for Neil... Max Power going doesn't bother me, nor does it effect me. I'm not into such cars much, and prefer more modern cars. I have in fact spent most of the night reading up on the new CL63 Mercedes, and also why the Quattro system on the Audi isn't so good in comparison to similar sytems, so something like a Fiat Punto with a shitty bodykit will never interest me. This does not mean I don't have an interest in cars, I just don't have an interest in all cars. However, I feel it's a shame it's gone, as I'm sure many people enjoyed it. When I was younger, I used to buy it often, and I can only think of one magazine of the top of my head which I'd like to see deteriorate, and as you know, Max Power isn't/wasn't it.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 11:27 PM
philram
Mulechild

if you want to see Olivia stringer just watch any wsb coverage as shes the fiancee of leon haslam and always gets shown on camera..

Old 13-11-2010, 11:46 PM
dave_s2_rst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

was it max power that had the yellow carlton that got wrote off after?
Old 14-11-2010, 07:35 AM
focus kev
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES
No fucking loss then

the worst mag ever to hit the shops . Full of plastic shite owned by gangster wannabee twats
pmsfl , whats the chavs going to do now !!!
Old 14-11-2010, 08:31 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by bigchez
No way! Does he still permanently have a tab hanging out the corner of his mouth??
Nope, he's one of the 'suits' now. A changed man. We shared a house when I worked on Revs, and he was exactly like his character in the mag!
Old 14-11-2010, 08:36 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

That's why I have had numerous private messages from people who do agree with me, but don't wisht to say so on the forum publically. As we are going around in circles, and by know both you, Neil and the others must realise I think you are a bunch of cunts, and I wish for your magazine to fail one day, I'll get back on topic.

As for Neil... Max Power going doesn't bother me, nor does it effect me. I'm not into such cars much, and prefer more modern cars. I have in fact spent most of the night reading up on the new CL63 Mercedes, and also why the Quattro system on the Audi isn't so good in comparison to similar sytems, so something like a Fiat Punto with a shitty bodykit will never interest me. This does not mean I don't have an interest in cars, I just don't have an interest in all cars. However, I feel it's a shame it's gone, as I'm sure many people enjoyed it. When I was younger, I used to buy it often, and I can only think of one magazine of the top of my head which I'd like to see deteriorate, and as you know, Max Power isn't/wasn't it.

Benni.
Stop trying to play the victim you humpty dumpty lookin' mother f*cker!!! Christ you're so pretentious, you dilude yourself into thinking that everyones having a go for the hell of it, but you started all this crap and tarnished your own name by slating an "actual" good magazine! And now you're trying to bring across school boy tactics by saying others agree with you, but surprisingly you don't want to name them incase you compromise their integrity....tragic! Crawl back into your bottle humping hole and don't bother posting anything else, retard!

Regarding the mag....Max Power was good for a short while, if it wasn't then it never would have lasted as long as it did. They simply lost their form in a very rapid way. End of...but I never bought it because it featured more chav motors than good.

Last edited by COCHYN; 14-11-2010 at 08:40 AM.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:03 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

It was a Skoda Rapide. I was offered that car for peanuts (sans engine) and I wish I'd bought it. For some very strange reason I've always had a soft spot for rear enginned Skodas!
Old 14-11-2010, 09:12 AM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

It was a Skoda Rapide. I was offered that car for peanuts (sans engine) and I wish I'd bought it. For some very strange reason I've always had a soft spot for rear enginned Skodas!
One of the mags should do a 'where are they now' feature, the skoda, the shuvit and rev's telecom orange escort etc. It'd be interesting to see how long they lasted lol
Old 14-11-2010, 09:14 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by mark
who was it that had the 3door that had gold plated engine
only ever seen that car in the mag
That's Paul Roose's (of Roose hoses fame) car. Was in FF a few months ago.
Old 14-11-2010, 09:18 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

One of the mags should do a 'where are they now' feature, the skoda, the shuvit and rev's telecom orange escort etc. It'd be interesting to see how long they lasted lol
We've discussed, and even attempted this several times. It's virtually impossible to find info out, and getting pictures is very difficult too unfortunately.

It's also often best to remember the cars at their peak, as they invariably end up knackered and tatty!
Old 14-11-2010, 09:21 AM
edd
Advanced PassionFord User

That's Paul Roose's (of Roose hoses fame) car. Was in FF a few months ago.
http://www.rsturbomania.co.uk/Featur...Paulscars.html
Old 14-11-2010, 09:25 AM
COCHYN
BANNED
BANNED

We've discussed, and even attempted this several times. It's virtually impossible to find info out, and getting pictures is very difficult too unfortunately.

It's also often best to remember the cars at their peak, as they invariably end up knackered and tatty!
That's a deffo certainty
Old 14-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Rab
Fucking superstar........

Do I remember a feature about a Cossie Powered Fiat Strada Abarth??

Or did I make that up?

And to add, Benni. Please shut up.

Quick Reply: End of an Era...