General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

End of an Era...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
I don't have to explain myself to you, nor do I wish too. Thanks all the same.

Benni.
So you feel the need to desperately seek attention broadcasting that fast ford is apparently ruining your life but not why?

Lol

What a fucking mongtard, but thats hardly anything new from you.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

hopefully the CHAV racing scene will go the same way as max power

preferably before the dickheads result in our hobbies being destroyed by legislation aimed at CHAV racers.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
So you feel the need to desperately seek attention broadcasting that fast ford is apparently ruining your life but not why?

Lol

What a fucking mongtard, but thats hardly anything new from you.
Please tell me where I said it's ruining my life? I never.

Benni.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

preferably before the dickheads result in our hobbies being destroyed by legislation aimed at CHAV racers.
I dont think any magazine being around or not being around will ultimately effect if young lads want to race their cars, might change the numbers involved a little but wont stop it, they have been doing that since before ANY car magazine existed.

Last edited by Chip; 12-11-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:01 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

i know that chip, but it would be nice wouldnt it? go back to the days when petrol heads could play out the way and no one gave a shit as it didnt effect any one else. where as now we are all tarred with the same brush because of the CHAV racers ruining it for the rest of us all because they cant learn to fucking control themselves and learn a simple concept of there being a time and a place to fuck around in cars.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Chip

I think people have always wanted an audience to a certain extent when arsing about in their cars, just as many people do it to show off as for the race itself I suspect.

Personally I dont really care much what happens on the road as these days I mainly driv pretty legally other than the odd bit of 90 up the motorway etc, I just do lots of trackdays to enjoy driving fast instead.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:08 PM
wozzy
Regular Contributor

just thought of another reason its sad that MP has gone........... Max power live. I made the 'pilgrimage' to birmingham in 02 AND 03. WTF???? walking around looking at shit cars, getting a semi at the site of jacki degg and jordan, then going back to the NEC premier lodge that absolutely STUNK of weed. I think 90% of the people in that hotel were stoned...... and driving. strange times
Old 12-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Chip

The max power aftershow party was pretty cool if you could blag an invite too
Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver

I bet your gutted really
Old 12-11-2010, 11:16 PM
Chip

Originally Posted by JonnyBravo
I bet your gutted really
If warren didnt have chavs to hate, he wouldnt have much left
Old 12-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

there's another 7 billion people on this planet for me to hate Chip plenty to go around!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Ginge
www.virtualseason.net

No chance of getting your shopmobility scooter featured anymore Benni, thats why you have sand in your vagina isn't it?

Ginge
Old 12-11-2010, 11:35 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I liked max but it generally seemed to be about bigger money builds but generally had some groundbreaking stuff,the Cossie e36 being a good example.

Revs was right up my street,bought the first copy with the silver golf in '96 proudly boasting 15" alloys,cut springs and near enough standard 1600 gti engine,but I loved it as I thought,"I could do that myself!!".

I think there was a nice black mk3 ghia with a turbo in it that the guy had built at the side of the road in the snow,Ahh the pre sorn days!!!

Revs was great,remember captain conversion?dropping a Redtop in a nova,mk2 16v into a mk1 golf,awesome stuff,list of parts prices etc.

They used to go to different towns for a night out and always end up at mc donalds,great mag but then it got all fucked up trying to get you to buy Ł15k cars like skylines etc rather than their principles of cars we could all afford.

Captain conversion disappeared and it became "phone Severn valley,they'll fit you all in for Ł2500".hmmmm??

I remember that Ginger Neil guy spinning a 306 s 16 out on a bend and fucking a "hot hatch test" up!!!

Who was that guy who drove for them?Dave something?reminded me of Jesse birdsall,marcoos from eldorado(for those sad enough to remember it!!!).

I remember being so pissed at revs I wrote them a letter asking what had happened to their magazine,but never bothered sending it!!!

I love that ppc,it's really good,some mad stuff there,the tank engined rover springs to mind.

Have to say with fast ford I always feel ripped off,not enough features IMO,it's something I could read in a nightshift on and off,say a couple of hours.

Not being orrible to the lads as the features are really well written but just not enough cars per issue.

It's a sad thing to see max power go,it's an institution,after all how many folk say " a bloody souped up max power car!!!".

One of the last ones I read which was a while back made me chuckle like fuck.there were a bunch of chavs with a shit blue nova,still on the 1.2 motor,standard but amazingly they'd crafted 18" alloys under the massively lowered arches,looked pretty cool,but strangely when max turned up to photograph it,the wheels had been "stolen" the night before and it was sitting on some crap 15's.

Pretty sure at the same shoot a rover was there with the same 18" alloys in the photo sent to max power?suspicions were raised and the chavs fessed up,all a con,they never drove the nova on 18's.cunts!!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Ginge
No chance of getting your shopmobility scooter featured anymore Benni, thats why you have sand in your vagina isn't it?

Ginge
I wouldn't want a feature off them anyway to be honest. It would mean me having to interact with one of the many cunts who work there, and that's not something I wish to do.

Benni.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:53 PM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't want a feature off them anyway to be honest. It would mean me having to interact with one of the many cunts who work there, and that's not something I wish to do.

Benni.
Benni you have brought this on yourself mentioning another magazine.

Have some dignity (what LITTLE there is) and fuck off.

Back in '97' I liked MP, liked Performance Ford and Fastford more due to the more performance side.

Even read CCC till 2001 iirc.

Remember the 1st copy I bought, Twin Engine MK2 Golf March 97 iirc.

Max Power owes me shit loads, if it wasn't for Joe Guest being in that issue I wouldn't of wanked ŁŁŁ on wank mags with her in.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:57 PM
woolford
Advanced PassionFord User

loved this a few years ago

R.i.p
Old 12-11-2010, 11:59 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by wirralphil

Brought what on myself? I'm voicing my opinion, and I am entitled to do so, if you don't like it, it's not me that wants to fuck off.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 12:18 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Brought what on myself? I'm voicing my opinion, and I am entitled to do so, if you don't like it, it's not me that wants to fuck off.

Benni.

There you blind fuckwit.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:12 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

There you blind fuckwit.
Are you really that slow, which is possible being that you are from the Wirral, or are you winding me up? I understand I brought something on myself by mentioning another magazine, but you have yet to tell me what it exactly?

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:35 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Are you really that slow, which is possible being that you are from the Wirral, or are you winding me up? I understand I brought something on myself by mentioning another magazine, but you have yet to tell me what it exactly?

Benni.
LOL Benni, yes I am from the Wirral.

How are you 'quicker'?

Do the disability add NOS to the spaz wagon you drive?

Remember Benni you started this.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:38 AM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Embarrassingly weak bait there Bennitard, embarrassing!

A pity.

You reeeeeeeally hold grudges against people who challenge you for being such a loser don't you? Get a grip, and pay some tax you dribbling, crip walking scrubber!

Why wouldn't you want to interact with one of the "many cunts who work there"?? What are is that based on? That we call you out on making stories up?

I've noticed you recently and desparatley jump onto threads just to try and take shots at Chip, PON, Davescos etc as they have all verbally whipped you in the past and shown you up (trust me, you make it easy for everyone)....regardless of how long it has been though, it seems you can never let go. Tragic.

Try and forget it and maybe learn...grow a little?
Go get a shag from a real girl, go chat to someone (a friend if youhave one) face to face and have a laugh; anything!
There IS more to life than being known as the angry little mong who sticks coke bottles up his arse for "fun".

Anyway, i think that has been enough air time for Benni Deakin. Back on topic- Max had its place, did its thing, hit peaks which command serious respect. Unsuprised totally that it has gone now though, it had become a joke and used to really rile me in recent times when i picked up a copy. Clearly written by people who were journo's first, and not strictly car people. Bad errors, no direction, and smelled of desparation. Sad but what a fuckin ride it had!
Old 13-11-2010, 01:40 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

LOL Benni, yes I am from the Wirral.

How are you 'quicker'?

Do the disability add NOS to the spaz wagon you drive?

Remember Benni you started this.
Started what? You keep saying 'You brought this on yourself' 'You started this' and have yet to tell me what I brought on myself, or what I started? Unless you have plans to see me off, so I'm gone before the magazine itself, I suggest you stop coming out with such ridiculous comments.

P.S There was no need to confirm you was from the Wirral, seeing as you are called 'Wirralphil', I kind of had an inkling.

Jedi Benni. (Name changed by request)
Old 13-11-2010, 01:54 AM
e30cossie
E36 cosworth

I think jedi benni should be a mod.
Old 13-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord
Embarrassingly weak bait there Bennitard, embarrassing!

It wasn't bait, it was an opinion. However, it was so weak you have took the time to reply to me with an essay?

A pity.

You reeeeeeeally hold grudges against people who challenge you for being such a loser don't you? Get a grip, and pay some tax you dribbling, crip walking scrubber!

Why wouldn't you want to interact with one of the "many cunts who work there"?? What are is that based on? That we call you out on making stories up?

I wouldn't want to interact with one of you, because like I said earlier, I think you're a bunch of cunts. This shows when you have to bring up my disability, which more than one of you have done so in the past week alone. Call me out on making stories up? Last time one of you did this, you said my story was a lie because tire gel was clear, and couldn't possibly cover a light to tint it, then others replied and said they had the same gel, and it would be possible. Funny how Dan never replied after that?

I've noticed you recently and desparatley jump onto threads just to try and take shots at Chip, PON, Davescos etc as they have all verbally whipped you in the past and shown you up (trust me, you make it easy for everyone)....regardless of how long it has been though, it seems you can never let go. Tragic.

I can assure you no-one has shown me up on this forum, as I don't take the internet seriously enough for anyone to show me up. Not to mention none of the people you mentioned have the intelligence to show me up, even if I did. All the above people can do is mention my disability, like you and Dan, which shows how clever they are. That's not showing someone up, that's realising you aren't smart enough to show someone up and having to resort to such tacticts, because you're a cunt. Fact of the matter is if you seen me at a car show, not one of you would have the nerve to mention it, and I know this for a fact, because you are a bunch of spineless gob-shites.

Try and forget it and maybe learn...grow a little?
Go get a shag from a real girl, go chat to someone (a friend if youhave one) face to face and have a laugh; anything!
There IS more to life than being known as the angry little mong who sticks coke bottles up his arse for "fun".

Get a life? You're on here at nearly 3 in the morning taking the time to reply to me, so you can't exactly be Mr. Popular yourself. I'm sorry if you are offended by the fact that I think you, Dan and the others are a bunch of arse holes. Still, most of the forum like you, so it's not all bad. One day your precious magazine will fall on it's arse, because more and more people are using the internet, and when that day comes, I'll be absolutely delighted.

Benni.

Last edited by Benni; 13-11-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:17 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

LOL Benni as much as you try you are not belittling (sp) us.

You made yourself look like an utter cunt earlier in the thread, you then mentioned "wirral" .

It wasn't "bait" it was a dig to FastFord, face it YOU were the twat who started this.

Oh by the way how is 'Elvis' you know your "Mate" from dawn sarfh"
Old 13-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Oh Benni Deakin, what can i say?

Most just doesn't need a reply. But i'll do some for fun. It's a sport to me.

I'm on here late due to me emptying my spuds on a GIRL a few times this evening......soooooo......what you been doing? Squatting on your favourite lava lamp without your PJ bottoms on again?

Serious question's now, don't ignore this please-

1. Where has the bitterness come from?? At the moment, it looks just like i said. We have called you out on being "chased by a fox" and a general tit.

2. You say-Fact of the matter is if you seen me at a car show, not one of you would have the nerve to mention it, and I know this for a fact, because you are a bunch of spineless gob-shites.

Seeing as that concerns me, i can state, it is NOT fact Trust me. Most will confirm, i like meeting faces and saying things direct. Come over, introduce yourself. I'd have a lot of fun asking you to confirm the fox from hell's behaviour as it chased you "screaming" and your dog

3. Did a problem with the magazines content build this hatred?? Or is it because of "us cunts" on here? Because in the past it seemed you did like the magazine....

If you can give some half sensible answers, we can talk.

But, i have my suspicisons about you. I think you are just a sad needy little troll.

You are what the good Doctor would call. A "near sucess". I know one of the two escaped.......see this at 41 seconds? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfuWe1N09qI

That's you that is....... That's you holding your most sensible conversation that is.

Last edited by Neil@FastFord; 13-11-2010 at 02:30 AM.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

LOL Benni as much as you try you are not belittling (sp) us.

You made yourself look like an utter cunt earlier in the thread, you then mentioned "wirral" .

The only person I can see who did that was Chip, who claimed I said it was ruining my life when I never, and has since not answered my question, even though he has been in the thread and replied to other people.

It wasn't "bait" it was a dig to FastFord, face it YOU were the twat who started this.

I voiced my opinion, whether or not that makes me a twat, I couldn't care less. As for who started this, where are we? This isn't school. If you, or any of the others don't like what I have to say, you know what to do... Unline many of you, I have my own opinion, and I'll voice it. I don't follow the crowd, I never have.

Oh by the way how is 'Elvis' you know your "Mate" from dawn sarfh"
Darran is fine as far as I know, not that we have spoken for a while. I shall tell him you was asking about him next time we speak. Not that it has anything to do with the thread mind...

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:40 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Darran is fine as far as I know, not that we have spoken for a while. I shall tell him you was asking about him next time we speak. Not that it has anything to do with the thread mind...

Benni.
Benni see my first quote, YOU started the slagging of FF. You got a bite bigger than you could handle, then comes digs to where people live and how "slow" we are. Forget me if I am wrong you come from Garston?

Even a FF employee rips you like a shredder then you crawl back, my word Benni walk on son. Once opon a time you were quite funny now it seem's you want to make people look like a twat.

Please get a job before you are 30,give your Dad somthing to be happy about!
Old 13-11-2010, 02:40 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord

Oh Benni Deakin, what can i say?

Most just doesn't need a reply. But i'll do some for fun. It's a sport to me.

I'm on here late due to me emptying my spuds on a GIRL a few times this evening......soooooo......what you been doing? Squatting on your favourite lava lamp without your PJ bottoms on again?

Why does you emptying your spuds earlier have you needing to be still up? It doesn't, you just wanted to tell me you'd had sex. If you must know I'm up because my sister has gone to town, and when she rings me for a lift I can pick her up and then go to bed.

Serious question's now, don't ignore this please-

1. Where has the bitterness come from?? At the moment, it looks just like i said. We have called you out on being "chased by a fox" and a general tit. Seeing as that concerns me, i can state, it is not fact

I don't hate anyone, I just think you are a bunch of cunts. I don't need to explain myself to you, nor anyone else. But if you must, I despise the fact that when we have what I would call banter, both you and Dan have felt the need to bring up my disability, in such a manner which disgusts me, and makes me think you are a pair of cunts.
2. You say-Fact of the matter is if you seen me at a car show, not one of you would have the nerve to mention it, and I know this for a fact, because you are a bunch of spineless gob-shites.

Seeing as that concerns me, i can state, it is NOT fact Trust me. Most will confirm, i like meeting faces and saying things direct. Come over, introduce yourself. I'd have a lot of fun asking you to confirm the fox from hell's behaviour as it chased you "screaming" and your dog

I know for a fact if you seen me at a car show, nor you or Dan or any of the others would have the nerve to slag me off in the same manner you do on the forum. I don't care how much you tell me you would, but I can assure you neither you or Dan would bring up my disability in the same manner you do on here. 3. Did a problem with the magazines content build this hatred?? Or is it because of "us cunts" on here? Because in the past it seemed you did like the magazine....

It's you cunts I have a problem with, and I suspect with such people working there, the magazine can't be all that, so I'd never buy it.

If you can give some half sensible answers, we can talk.

We can talk? No thanks, I don't wish to. The least we talk the better, as like I've already told you, I think you are a complete and utter cunt.
But, i have my suspicisons about you. I think you are just a sad needy little troll.

In which case why don't you stop replying to me then? It really is that simple.

You are what the good Doctor would call. A "near sucess". I know one of the two escaped.......see this at 41 seconds? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfuWe1N09qI

You tell me we can have a sensible discussion, and then post things like this? What will it be?
That's you that is....... That's you holding your most sensible conversation that is.
Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:42 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Benni see my first quote, YOU started the slagging of FF. You got a bite bigger than you could handle, then comes digs to where people live and how "slow" we are. Forget me if I am wrong you come from Garston?

Even a FF employee rips you like a shredder then you crawl back, my word Benni walk on son. Once opon a time you were quite funny now it seem's you want to make people look like a twat.

Please get a job before you are 30,give your Dad somthing to be happy about!
I'm just going to assume you are stoned, as you are coming out with some of the worst shit ever. Half of that makes no sense, and the other half is complete dog shit.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:51 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I'm just going to assume you are stoned, as you are coming out with some of the worst shit ever. Half of that makes no sense, and the other half is complete dog shit.

Benni.
Stoned? No.

Sorry Benni i'm sober/drug free.

Face it, you made the comment about a publication (sp) finishing, you knew the publication posted on here.

Benni maybe re-read what has been said, including your spaz post's.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:56 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Stoned? No.

Sorry Benni i'm sober/drug free.

Face it, you made the comment about a publication (sp) finishing, you knew the publication posted on here.

Benni maybe re-read what has been said, including your spaz post's.
Of course I knew they was on here, the man in charge of the magazine created the thread, what is your point? You continually post complete rubbish, and we are going nowhere. I just don't think I'll bother reply to you anymore to be honest. You're hard work.

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 02:58 AM
wirralphil
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Of course I knew they was on here, the man in charge of the magazine created the thread, what is your point? You continually post complete rubbish, and we are going nowhere. I just don't think I'll bother reply to you anymore to be honest. You're hard work.

Benni.
Thanks Benni for the admission you want to deny.

Your drival (sp) has come to an end hop on.
Old 13-11-2010, 03:03 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Thanks Benni for the admission you want to deny.
Deny what? Beadle, is that you?

Benni.
Old 13-11-2010, 06:48 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Another half decent discussion gone to shit...

As much as I hate to use this ridiculous internet jargon; don't feed the troll...it might fuck off then...
Old 13-11-2010, 06:49 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

People posting on the Internet tend to be totally different in real life, there are some exceptions to the rule but generally speaking I have found that to be the case.

And I'm sure that everyone here has people they wouldn't cross the road to piss on if they were on fire, indeed, there are several posters here on pf who I'd happily set on fire and then cross the road, and I'm sure they'd do the same in their minds as well, so regardless of what is said and done and who meets who etc, certain meetings simply won't happen.

I don't think benni has made any friends with his little post, but if he's got his onion and is sticking to it then no one is going to change his mind, it's not about saving face here, it's about bending your prospective in order to fit in more with the rest of the readership, great if you are a journo, but totally irrelivant on a web forum.

It reminds me of that woman who has got all hot and bothered because someone tweeted that she should be stoned to death as a joke after watching a program she was on talking about Muslim issues (she's a muslim and has always been banging on about how she speaks for the Muslim population) so the guy who tweeted this tweet got sacked from his job and was arrested, all because some woman doesn't get the rules of the Internet. It's not that you have to be liked or disliked, you simply have to take the rough with the smooth and to walk in like a 5 year old and then expect the real world to be cute and fluffy like kittens and bunny wabbits rather than the real life that is more akin to being a victim of jigsaw is just stupid beyond belief.

Anyway, looking back at the life of max power, what does that olivia do now then? Has she turned into another jo guest and got old and skint due to ill health?
Old 13-11-2010, 06:50 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

That Olivia bird must be about 50 by now, surely
Old 13-11-2010, 07:04 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

She's on facebook
Old 13-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XRT_si
Wires crossed slightly there Chip; FHM was about long before Max Power, in fact MP and Loaded were launched at the similar times, although MP was first.

MP didn't have women in it for a few years, by then FHM and Loaded were proper lads mags. The fact MP later out sold FHM and Loaded was impressive, though a lot of that relates to it being slightly more accessable to the average youth. I wrote my dissertation about lads mags at uni

Love it or hate it, MP was an iconic magazine, that (like Dan) sparked my interest in becoming a writer. Used to read it religously, and although it's been SHITE for ages, still a shame in some way.

it was the bike mags that first done all the girls thing just maxpower chaved it up and the bike mag where using the likes of jo guest ect as topless models dressed in leathers
Old 13-11-2010, 07:50 AM
bencossie
Regular Contributor

I used to love the bits in the back with the girls and the questions they used to ask then pink or brown lol do you play the pink oboe pmsl

Quick Reply: End of an Era...