General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Anyone done any MMA Training?

Search this Thread

Old 21-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone done any MMA Training?

Hey folks,

After 10 years of Wing Chun and 2 years of JKD, have been thinking of stepping up and training in MMA with www.titanfighter.com

Just wondering if anyone else on here has done any MMA and get some opinions

Cheers Folks
Old 21-10-2010, 10:59 PM
caprizetec170
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Ive just started doing a bit ive no real experince but getting hang of it quiet quickly
there two ways of going about the technical marshall arts jujitso way probably suit you more, or the ground and pound methed which suits me
Old 21-10-2010, 11:07 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

My friend Rob has been learning all kinds of martial arts and self defence for years. Decided to have a go at it. He was very good with his punches and kicks. However, his opponent sussed him out quickly and got him in some sort of choke hold.
he thought to himself "only pussies tap out", then he passed out, was so funny when the paramedics woke him up and his first words were "did i win?"

This was him at round 1 - 1:52 (his finest moment)

This was taken shortly after he woke up.

Fair play to him though, the guy he was up against had been in the cage several times before.
Old 21-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Wrestling for Grappling and Submission Wrestling are very important to learn. Muay Thai and Kickboxing for Attack.

Is different and would love to take a crack at it. Just got my fitness back to a great level. With Titanfighter they use the 'Caveman' method of training which includes Tractor Tyres and Sledge Hammers etc
Old 21-10-2010, 11:27 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

My mate really enjoyed actually getting into the ring as you get a free pass to use all the fighting skills a techniques you have learned, as opposed to light sparring or waiting to get mugged.
Old 21-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
My mate really enjoyed actually getting into the ring as you get a free pass to use all the fighting skills a techniques you have learned, as opposed to light sparring or waiting to get mugged.
Sweet, which MMA trainer did he use? There is only a limited amount of MMA schools in the UK that include the 'Caveman' training routine, so just wondering if the trainer he used incorporated that into his training?
Old 21-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Pardeep
Sweet, which MMA trainer did he use? There is only a limited amount of MMA schools in the UK that include the 'Caveman' training routine, so just wondering if the trainer he used incorporated that into his training?
I couldnt tell you lol. He goes to so many "dojo's" and gyms for all his different fighting styles. I dont even know how he got into the circuit tbh. He started when he was living in wolverhampton, but he also trained in london.

I'm trying to encourage him to get back into it, but his new job and girlfriend frown on black eyes etc.

Last edited by Chopshop85; 21-10-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 22-10-2010, 12:00 AM
Pardeep
PF's Guitar God!!!

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I couldnt tell you lol. He goes to so many "dojo's" and gyms for all his different fighting styles. I dont even know how he got into the circuit tbh. He started when he was living in wolverhampton, but he also trained in london.

I'm trying to encourage him to get back into it, but his new job and girlfriend frown on black eyes etc.
ah yes, war marks lol

Fun times lol
Old 22-10-2010, 01:34 AM
dickycox
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes i have had 2 mma fights and never again cos im to old, got a blue belt in bjj and still train, mma is a young mans game.
Old 22-10-2010, 06:38 AM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Not personally. But my other half has trained at Tsunami gym before, not for a while now though.

If anyone watched the ultimate fighter when it was uk v us, there were two tsunami guys on there (they didn't make it into the house) and Pierre who also trains there was commentating on the Alex Reid fight.

There is so much to encorporate, strength, endurance, wrestling, boxing, ju jitsu, muay Thai.