General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

£50 fine for taking kids on holiday!!

Search this Thread

Old 30-09-2010, 05:06 PM
m_nettleship
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intresting!
Old 30-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenC
wow, are you chips' stunt double or something? Seriously some people need to get a grip, bearing in mind all my posting today has been done from my phone I'm quite chuffed!! As for an arsey reply a) whats it got to do with you and b) its an arsey reply to an arsey post, both of which had/have nothing to do with you. On a brighter note, I beleive WWW.PASSION-GRAMMER-FOR-THE-ANALLY-RETENTIVE.CO.UK are taking new members on, of which I can think of quite a few members on here who could join.

Unfortunately I'm taller than Chip and he's wider than me so i couldn't possibly be his stunt double

What has it to do with me? The straight answer wpuld be chuff all. The actual answer is as much as i want it to be. It's a general discussion on a general discussion forum where someone is being an arse and really needed told. You clearly thought you were the man with your arsey reply so i just thought I'd steal your glory as you were so wildly wrong yet confident.

For the answer to b, pretty much re read the above.

I assume you mean grammar and not grammer? Easy mistake to make for those not so fluent in the English language

Have a nice day.
Old 30-09-2010, 06:21 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Seriously never read such shit in all my life, this harks back to the closing days of the RSOC BB. Lambchop, you like to use the words general discussion, I dont see how someone been a pedantic c*** is in anyway shape or form productive to the 'discussion' espceially when the said person had nothing to do with the thread other than trying to be clever. That is why he got an 'arsey' reply. As for clearly thinking im "the man" I'd like to point your attention to the no.1 ASW on here and his close 2nd, they're people who think they're "the man", the only thinking I did was that some people need to get a life and replied accordingly. And for being "wildly wrong", WTF, wildly wrong is cutting the wrong limb off, not been bothered to spell something correct on a car forum over a phone is not my idea of wildly wrong. Im starting to think the people on here that I took as males are in fact females cos the only time Ive ever come across such pointless bitching is listening to women!! God forbid something seriously wrong happened in your lives as I reckon you'd implode.

*for the clever cunts about, I dont give a flying fuck what is spelt correct or not in my posts, I thank you *
Old 30-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

wow, are you chips' stunt double or something? Seriously some people need to get a grip, bearing in mind all my posting today has been done from my phone I'm quite chuffed!! As for an arsey reply a) whats it got to do with you and b) its an arsey reply to an arsey post, both of which had/have nothing to do with you. On a brighter note, I beleive WWW.PASSION-GRAMMER-FOR-THE-ANALLY-RETENTIVE.CO.UK are taking new members on, of which I can think of quite a few members on here who could join.
@ you making out like its just other people making a big deal out of it when all that started this in the first place if you bother to cast your mind back was:
you used the wrong word
I corrected it for you as a quick bit of harmless banter as it was ironic you making such a mistake whilst talking about how educated you are
and then you started on a campaign to try and prove yourself right when everyone knows you are wrong

Since then the only thing keeping it going has been you again and again posting trying to pretend you were right, and misquoting all sorts of references to try and prove you are right when you are wrong and then people correcting you again and again as no matter how long it goes on for, it wont change the fact that what you wrote was incorrect.
Why didnt you just say "oh yeah, silly me I got it wrong" 4 pages ago if you dont want people going on and on about it?
Old 30-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Stephen, chill the fuck out! We all make typo's but to get in such a huff over the 'been' and 'being' thing is ridiculous. I happen to agree that 'being' is considered the more appropriate term and grammatically correct for the context you used it!

Ignore Chip 'cos you'll NEVER win. And Lamp is a sexually repressed Scotch monkey..
Old 30-09-2010, 06:46 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by Chip
@ you making out like its just other people making a big deal out of it when all that started this in the first place if you bother to cast your mind back was:
you used the wrong word
I corrected it for you as a quick bit of harmless banter as it was ironic you making such a mistake whilst talking about how educated you are
and then you started on a campaign to try and prove yourself right when everyone knows you are wrong
For future reference Id rather you didnt correct anything relating to me thanks. Im pretty sure every single person on this board knew what I meant. Im still not convinced that it is 100% wrong but i've not got the will power to go down that route. Im suprised someone as educated and intelligent as yourself could mis-interpret a single post so wrongly. I never once went out to proclaim how educated I was/are. I was merely answering your flawed reasoning that going on holiday during term time made someone suffer and they would never amount to anything. I was CLEARLY giving an example that in my year I came out with the best results which according to your theory shouldnt be possible; the kids that didnt go on holiday should have been the children doing well. But, as we all know and see in the bulk of your posts, you enjoy the whole pathetic look at me stuff and try make a storm in a tea cup. Luckily we were waiting on materials at work yesterday so I reckon I had just as much fun as you did.
Old 30-09-2010, 06:49 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

StephenC,

On page 2 I gave you some very sensible and sound advice. You obviosuly chose to ignore it Chip is a mate of mine off this board, so i know what i'm talking about. If Chip is right about something, and in this instance he is, and you are wrong about something, in this instance you are, then just accept it and dont keep trying to wriggle out of it.
Old 30-09-2010, 06:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Mountain, molehill anyone?
Old 30-09-2010, 06:51 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Originally Posted by Mal.
Stephen, chill the fuck out! We all make typo's but to get in such a huff over the 'been' and 'being' thing is ridiculous. I happen to agree that 'being' is considered the more appropriate term and grammatically correct for the context you used it!

Ignore Chip 'cos you'll NEVER win. And Lamp is a sexually repressed Scotch monkey..
Wouldnt call it getting in a huff, more not apreciating people getting all excited about how good they are and talking down to people.
Ignore is fast looking like an option worth exploring but as we're quiet all this week at work I reckon there's a good 24hrs left
Old 30-09-2010, 06:51 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good entertainment though Dan
Old 30-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

I dont see how someone been a pedantic c*** is in anyway shape or form productive to the 'discussion' espceially when the said person had nothing to do with the thread other

Mission failed. Must try harder.
1/10

See me.
Old 30-09-2010, 06:55 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Wouldnt call it getting in a huff, more not apreciating people getting all excited about how good they are and talking down to people.
Ignore is fast looking like an option worth exploring but as we're quiet all this week at work I reckon there's a good 24hrs left
The way I see it is that Chip jokingly baited you, you bit, and argued back, but made the mistake of trying to prove you were right, which, as you were wrong fuelled Chip even more.

For what it's worth, I'm one of the few on your side over the original argument (although as stated more than a week I think is too much, and only for kids of primary age).

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Good entertainment though Dan
Indeed!
Old 30-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

And Lamp is a sexually repressed Scotch monkey..

I have 4 kids mate. Iget plenty action. You're the one trying to lose your virginity to a bloke off the net with a spare seat on holiday away
Old 30-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Mr.T
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is better then tv. Keep going.
Old 30-09-2010, 07:07 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lambchop
I have 4 kids mate. Iget plenty action. You're the one trying to lose your virginity to a bloke off the net with a spare seat on holiday away

You're stuck out in the Congo ain't ya????
Old 30-09-2010, 07:20 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

You're stuck out in the Congo ain't ya????

No i came back 2 weeks ago today as my 4th child and 1st daughter was born 2 weeks tomorrow
Old 30-09-2010, 07:25 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lambchop
No i came back 2 weeks ago today as my 4th child and 1st daughter was born 2 weeks tomorrow
Congrats on being so virile and Happy B'day to your daughter for tomorrow!!
Old 30-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Minirotty
Lucifer II - 666

Received 303 Likes on 197 Posts

Fuck me some one set a twat bomb off in this thread since I viewed it yesterday
Old 30-09-2010, 07:37 PM
A16iRHD
Virgin

What a fantastic thread and i started to read it i all seriousness due to also being fined for taking a child out of school but i have sat here with tears running down my face and laughing for the last 15mins. Internet forum's, GREAT!!!!!!!!!
Old 30-09-2010, 07:56 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

FUCK ME there's some holier than though people on here,how can anyone really know whether taking a week or two off school will affect your childrens lives to the point that they will fail?

We've taken our boy to Florida 3 times,all in term time as i said before at 7,9 and 11.we went off peak so we didn't have to queue for everything,we could enjoy spending more time on things that we liked,more money as we'd saved so much on the holiday,got treated far better as there weren't so many wankers around to piss the yanks off!!!

If I could afford it,I'd take him every year as it's been the happiest times of our lives,the best memories we've ever had and I can't wait to go again.it's nice for the kids to tell their mates what they got up to away on hols,who they saw,especially the little ones,you could see the little girls in the magical kingdom dressed as princesses and feeling on top of the world.

As I said,if he turns out to be a serial killer then I'll hold my hands up and blame it on the three to four weeks junior school he lost

All this "what does it teach your children?" stuff is total bollocks.it taught my boy when he was 11 and asked me how much the holiday cost,about 6 grand in total,that he wasnt likely to afford it working in a call centre on £16k a year or doing something part time while he "finds himself".it taught him that you don't just "get" what you want in life,you need to work hard for it hence why I did a lot of overtime to pay for it,and if that meant that HE needed to work a bit harder when he got back to school then so be it.

I only ever went on one holiday with my mother,never with both my parents so what did that teach me?it taught me too enjoy life with my WHOLE family and as I said,if that means my son somehow let's his whole life blow up because of this,then I'll take the rap for that,as ridiculous an outcome as the tangent this thread has taken.
Old 30-09-2010, 07:58 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by CossieRich
StephenC,

On page 2 I gave you some very sensible and sound advice. You obviosuly chose to ignore it Chip is a mate of mine off this board, so i know what i'm talking about. If Chip is right about something, and in this instance he is, and you are wrong about something, in this instance you are, then just accept it and dont keep trying to wriggle out of it.
thing is, even if chips wrong, he'll still figure out a way to make himself right and you wrong

best bet is to never reply to any of his posts where he may possibly be right/wrong as he's got more time to prove someone else wrong than you have
Old 30-09-2010, 08:11 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Good rant Vaughant!!
Old 30-09-2010, 08:15 PM
dave_s2_rst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I think the purpose behind it is obviously to set standards as mentioned above. But it is often found to be the case where the decent hard working kid gets slammed and the typical 'shit' gets let off. I would support what you guys were saying above regarding the snow issues and schools closing, surely they should have made up for this loss of time and been prepared for the snow itself!

Better rewards should be applied for those hard working kids and the lazy feckers should be kicked out somewhere else! imo of course
Old 30-09-2010, 08:20 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by dave_s2_rst
I think the purpose behind it is obviously to set standards as mentioned above. But it is often found to be the case where the decent hard working kid gets slammed and the typical 'shit' gets let off. I would support what you guys were saying above regarding the snow issues and schools closing, surely they should have made up for this loss of time and been prepared for the snow itself!
Why? - My kids had an awesome few days going sledging and messing about in the snow, making igloos was a great learning experience for them. Not everything in life can be taught in a classroom you know - In fact come to think of it, the most intellectual, learned people I know are probably the ones with the least common sense and the poorest social skills.
Old 30-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Chip's VERY intelligent, I'll give him that. But he can be VERY annoying..... I wouldn't want him to change though!

In response to the OP's thread, my parents only ever took me out of school once, for one week, at primary school for a trip to Center Parcs! I don't agree with taking kids out of secondary school because that matters!

Porkie raised some interesting points which are worthy of their own thread. Bringing kids into this world requires responsible parents, and it ain't a birthright to just have kids and rely on the state to look after them. And I HATE infidelity with a passion!
Old 30-09-2010, 08:22 PM
dojj

they are bribin g he kids to coem to school now, and the kids just spunk their £30 a week on mobile phone contracts
Old 30-09-2010, 08:24 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Vaughant, couldnt agree more with everything in your post. If I wanted "dicky bow" kids Id pack them off to boarding school!! I want my children to enjoy life to the full, they all have above average grades in all of their subjects so far this year, im happy with that and so are they.
Old 30-09-2010, 08:27 PM
dave_s2_rst
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Why? - My kids had an awesome few days going sledging and messing about in the snow, making igloos was a great learning experience for them. Not everything in life can be taught in a classroom you know - In fact come to think of it, the most intellectual, learned people I know are probably the ones with the least common sense and the poorest social skills.

I agree with you, which is why the system needs to be tailored to suit the needs of the child, as you say not every kid is built for a classroom environment. I often look at the kids i teach and feel sorry for them, they at some point have been forced into the system which obviously is not suited to them. just think those that are waste of space shits need to get booted out quicker.
Old 30-09-2010, 08:29 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Chip's VERY intelligent,
to quote Ernest Hemingway; "Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know". Cant begin to imagine how annoying this guy must be in real life. In the digital world he could send a glass eye to sleep, hope I never get the misfortune to be stuck in the same room.
Old 30-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

I've heard in 'real life' Chip's actually quite normal!!!!!!!!!
Old 30-09-2010, 08:43 PM
dojj

real life chip is a happy funny guy, and even when he's taking the piss, he's still funny about it and you can have a laugh and a joke about it

when he's on the net though, he does come across as a bit of an irritating twit sometimes
Old 01-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Vaughant, couldnt agree more with everything in your post. If I wanted "dicky bow" kids Id pack them off to boarding school!! I want my children to enjoy life to the full, they all have above average grades in all of their subjects so far this year, im happy with that and so are they.
Do you know any kids that go to boarding school? I do... The guy who sits next to me. his 3 kids all go.... and trust me, they are not 'dicky bow' kids!

They have an absolute scream. They 100000% love it and the opportunities and stuff they get to do is just mind blowing.

Stuff that is just off the charts cool and fun!

Boarding school is nothing like I thought it would be at all until I actually knew kids that went.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:02 AM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Porkie
Do you know any kids that go to boarding school? I do... The guy who sits next to me. his 3 kids all go.... and trust me, they are not 'dicky bow' kids!

They have an absolute scream. They 100000% love it and the opportunities and stuff they get to do is just mind blowing.

Stuff that is just off the charts cool and fun!

Boarding school is nothing like I thought it would be at all until I actually knew kids that went.

Please don't take this the wring way fella but as you don't have kids yourself you'll never realise how awful it feels for them to be "dumped" by their parents,which is effectively what happens.

You seem an intelligent guy so do you really think at age 7 your ready to spend a large part of your life away from your parents?you aren't.my mother,uncles and two of my aunties went and it seriously affected them later in life,my uncle was sent off when he was 4!!!!

You spoke earlier in the thread of the importance of bringing kids into this world only if your prepared to accept the financial constraints,which you very honestly said you weren't,but I feel you've completely missed the point.

You bring children into the world because YOU want them,even if you didn't want them,their still YOUR responsibility,money plays a part but it's not all about that.my missus gave up full time work to bring her boy up when he was small so she wouldn't miss anything,she never planned him,but when he arrived she loved him like most parents do,not all,but the vast majority.

Children are a lifetime commitment,don't forget when you grow old mind it's their turn to look after you,we've already told the boy that!!!

I'm not a big fan of this "grandparent army" who you see outside the school gates every day,where are the parents?working to give the children what they consider to be a better standard of living,but that's not always the case,sometimes it's nicer to just be there when they get home and see their faces first rather than late in the night when you're all tired and all the excitement of telling your parents what you did in school that day has died down.

I'm not judging anyone but for the doubters on here and holier than though types on here who question taking your children out of school being the crime of the century,how many of you and your partners work full time?
A lot I'd imagine,a lot who were very quick to jump onto Steven c with a waggling finger about how terrible a parent he is for denying his kids an education to take them away to god forbid somewhere better than this shithole for a week!!!

Nobodys perfect as a parent and for every argument there's a counter argument,like porkies mate saying how much the kids love boarding school,maybe they do,but you give them the choice of their own bed,family and friends etc every night and I'm confident that they'll choose that first over bunking up in the "dorm".

As for chip,well I think he's a bit of a wind up merchant on here so I'll take what he says with a pinch of salt,but how anyone can drive a yellow car is beyond me
Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by vaughant

Nobodys perfect as a parent and for every argument there's a counter argument,like porkies mate saying how much the kids love boarding school,maybe they do,but you give them the choice of their own bed,family and friends etc every night and I'm confident that they'll choose that first over bunking up in the "dorm"
couldn't be more wrong in my admittedly limited experience. The 3 kids love boarding school.

I am talking teenagers. NOT 7 year olds!!!! They all went at 12 I think.

I think teenagers would MUCH rather bunk up in the dorm with ALL their friends than spend time with their family!

Teenagers and parents... not a good mix
Old 01-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Please don't take this the wring way fella but as you don't have kids yourself you'll never realise how awful it feels for them to be "dumped" by their parents,which is effectively what happens.
and if you think about it.... I don't need to have kids to empathise with that situation at all!!!

I need to have BEEN a kid.

Which I was.

So I have exactly the same ability to realise how it would feel as you do!

and I have more relevant and current experience than you do... of how boarding school life is NOW and not 25+ years ago.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Interestingly to the original point of the thread, i was teaching wellbeing at a school today and one of the walls had a board on the impact of attendance, taking kids out of school and truancy.

The latest DfES study shows that for kids studying for GCSE's missing 17 days in those 2 years will cost them a grade across the board.

You seem an intelligent guy so do you really think at age 7 your ready to spend a large part of your life away from your parents?you aren't.my mother,uncles and two of my aunties went and it seriously affected them later in life,my uncle was sent off when he was 4!!!!
Must have been a shit boarding school then.....

You will find many of the best schools in the country are boarding schools for 11 up for the very reason that the all inclusive 24/7 educational environment can reap benefits you cant find elsewhere. The educational results of some of these schools prove that too.

I was in boarding school 19 years ago for a year and from an educational perspective you cant fault it. Only for a year mind, as my carers moved into the same city the next year. And that was a relatively cheap boarding school at only £2000 a term, so i can quite believe the extra benefits a top rate school would have from a well planned and managed boarding scheme.

Also you forget that for many parents they have a career before kids and cant afford to change thier career. it is far better for kids to get an all inclusive education at a good boarding school than it is to move round every couple of years or never see the parents in the week as they work late.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
I And that was a relatively cheap boarding school at only £2000 a term, so i can quite believe the extra benefits a top rate school would have from a well planned and managed boarding scheme.

Also you forget that for many parents they have a career before kids and cant afford to change thier career. it is far better for kids to get an all inclusive education at a good boarding school than it is to move round every couple of years or never see the parents in the week as they work late.

Their mum doesnt work. It was their choice to go.... they really love it

Two at Malborough and one at Milfield
Old 01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

good schools too!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:07 PM
dojj

Everyone has the view that boarding schools are a throwback to the last century and you have to wear uniform everywhere and get buggered in the bogs by the prefects etc or they are like hogwarts where everything is super hunky dory.

I think it's a bit of both and if I had the money to send me kids I'd seriously think about doing it, but I'd seriously miss having my kids around because, as annoying and needy and attention seeking as they are, they are an integral part of my life, from the kiss first thing in the morning to the cuddles last thing at night to the telling off for not making a mess at the table to the changing of nappies to the endurance that is childrens tv and bob the builder and the tweenies and the mistake that is telling them the channel Disney cinimagic is on so they have been watching up all week long when I've got home or cars or whatever else is on. I couldn't imagine not having that in my life, and I'm pretty sure most of the parents who have posted here about their parenting wouldn't like to have to make that decision either.

It's all very well for teenagers to bugger off until they get a job and move out for good, but little kids are little kids and need their parents as much as the parents need their kids.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:26 PM
big_wig_074
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

tut tut, school boy error, see me later for your lines

be·ing noun \ˈbē(-i)ŋ\
Definition of BEING

a : the quality or state of having existence b (1) : something conceivable as existing (2) : something that actually exists (3) : the totality of existing things c : conscious existence : life

: the qualities that constitute an existent thing : essence; especially : personality

: a living thing; especially : person

but "being" is not just a noun. here is the rest of the definition

–conjunction
Nonstandard . since; because; considering that (often fol. by as, as how, or that ): Being it's midnight, let's go home. Being as how you cooked supper, I'll do the dishes.
Origin:

1250–1300; ME; see be, -ing1

—Related forms
non·be·ing, noun, adjective
su·per·be·ing, noun

so you were wrong in that,but......ill concede,sounds a shit situation tbh,holiday companies take the piss with the difference in prices,luckily i dont have any kids so me and the mrs are off to tenerife next week for £600 for the both of us including flights,3 star hotel,breakfast,transfers,the lot.

Quick Reply: £50 fine for taking kids on holiday!!