General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Police already being slated in Mout investigation!!

Search this Thread

Old 14-07-2010, 09:50 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
I agree. I havent at any point said there shouldnt be an investigation, there should.
I just think it should and will find them to be innocent of any wrong doing.

IMHO its very obvious who the person in the wrong was.
I see your point dont get me wronge but at the end of the day an innocent man had lost his sight doing his job and others had been harmed and others threatened so i dont agree with u as it had gone on for too long and they were obviously looking to take him alive so he could be held accountable for what he had done! hence the taser
Old 14-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ajamesc
I see your point dont get me wronge but at the end of the day an innocent man had lost his sight doing his job and others had been harmed and others threatened so i dont agree with u as it had gone on for too long and they were obviously looking to take him alive so he could be held accountable for what he had done! hence the taser
Err, you do agree with me then, as thats what I have been saying all along too, I think you must have misread something somewhere that I wrote, so apologies if it was confusingly worded.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:03 AM
dangerousbrian
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant see what the fuss is about. he killed an innocent man and the other shootings so should deserve to die imo..hes getting a lot of support up here in the north east it seems because of his hatred for the police, which seems to be the 'in thing', so that must say something at least..if they wanted to really wanted to keep him alive, then i cant see why they didnt just wait for him to fall asleep?
Old 14-07-2010, 10:15 AM
arch
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Just because it's not been authorised by the Home Office, does not mean it cannot lawfully be used.

Lets not forget, TASER is the very first method/means of gaining an element of control. It comes before non compliant handcuffs/knee strikes/punches/kicks and way before baton.

As to wait for him to fall asleep, no mate, this would never happen. The police have the control, not the suspect. What would have happened of they had been there for a further 14 hours, then he just took the cowards way out and shot himself anyway?Or a million and one other things that 'may' have happened whilst they were all sat there, having the mexican stand off.

What if they had let his long lost brother talk to him, the one he hadn't had contact with for years and years. How do the police know that seeing his brother wouldn't have sent him off on one. Who knew what their relationship had been like? What if he had shot his brother?

Strikes me that the bloke wasn't a nutter, just a very dangerous man by virtue of the fact he was alone with a nothing to lose, and had access to a firearm with idiot mates who would help him out. He was a man who committed appalling crimes on innocent folk but hadn't got the bottle to man up and stand in front of a jury of his peers to answer for his crimes(like an awful lot of 'hard men' I have met in the last twenty years).
Old 14-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by arch
Just because it's not been authorised by the Home Office, does not mean it cannot lawfully be used.
Thats what I was expecting. The original comment appeared to be trying to imply otherwise.

Strikes me that the bloke wasn't a nutter, just a very dangerous man by virtue of the fact he was alone with a nothing to lose, and had access to a firearm with idiot mates who would help him out. He was a man who committed appalling crimes on innocent folk but hadn't got the bottle to man up and stand in front of a jury of his peers to answer for his crimes(like an awful lot of 'hard men' I have met in the last twenty years).
Agreed, just being a cowardly aggressive cunt who pushes women about isnt a diagnosed medical condition.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Fiddy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree. I havent at any point said there shouldnt be an investigation, there should.
I just think it should and will find them to be innocent of any wrong doing.

IMHO its very obvious who the person in the wrong was.
Agreed, if he hadnt shot his ex, her fella, and a plod, neither he, nor the plod, would have been in that position, so it was definitely the result of his actions. its just all these, ' just shoot the cunt' reactions a lot have had that worries me.

i personally think its good there is an investigation, and IF, any of the firearms deployed were uncalled for, it will help make the situation more clear in future incidents, im sure no one wants the police to have a shoot first, ask questions later mentality, although in this case, thats not been brought into the equation, we all seen they tried to negotiate with him for 6 hours, its just when it did come to a conclusion, were the tasers being fired a contributory factor into him pulling the trigger on himself, and if so, imho, that needs to be addressed.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:33 AM
ajamesc
cossie fan (unluckerly)

Received 435 Likes on 393 Posts

Err, you do agree with me then, as thats what I have been saying all along too, I think you must have misread something somewhere that I wrote, so apologies if it was confusingly worded.
I quoted on the wronge reply lol i was on about the use on the taser and the police being held accountable for useing it
Old 14-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by dangerousbrian
i cant see what the fuss is about. he killed an innocent man and the other shootings so should deserve to die imo..hes getting a lot of support up here in the north east it seems because of his hatred for the police, which seems to be the 'in thing', so that must say something at least.
Its a shame that the police seem to be oblivious to the fact that if they continue to treat innocent members of the public like criminals left right and chelsea that it degrades the amount of support that the public have for them.
Sure there will always be a small element who hate the police just because they are an authority figure, but there are far more people these days (like myself) who have no faith left in the police in general just because of the way that the police act, its SO rare to find one who is actually up for treating the public with any respect IME
Still a few good ones left, but getting rarer all the time, and thats only going to make it harder to have the public on side.
It would be a lot easier to respect members of a police service, than of a police force, and whichever way they choose to name it, I know which we currently have!

if they wanted to really wanted to keep him alive, then i cant see why they didnt just wait for him to fall asleep?
A tired and irritable lunatic with a shotgun isnt a great prospect IMHO, I dont think there is much chance he would have fallen asleep without starting shooting first, at either himself or the police.

Last edited by Chip; 14-07-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by ajamesc
I quoted on the wronge reply lol i was on about the use on the taser and the police being held accountable for useing it
I only said *IF* it was an illegal weapon, I didnt actually expect that to be the case, so I think you took my reply out of context.
Old 14-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by charlie luciano
I don't talk fucking bullshit my tough ex squaddie exterminator friend, in my 38 years on the face of this planet I have seen about 4 cases where police have been proscecuted, to me that's not plenty mate
ex-sailor (ooo-errr missus) but thats just nit picking.

so because you in your 38 years have only seen 4 coppers go down and a lot of copper abuse means they must ALL be bad and that abuse of powers by cops mostly goes unpunnished???

That sounds like something id expect off one of the teenagers at the charity i work at "why are the pigs picking on me?" "because you vandalise cars and steal things"

Behavior breeds behavior my friend
yes but who kicked off first?? the criminal/drunk idiot usually. once you kick off the police have no choice but to use force to detain you. Its simple logic that to restrain and control you then more force is needed than the criminal gives out. Pretty simple really.

If they cant take shit/dont like shit then dont give it to the cops in the first place.
You use the word chav because its been fed into you brain by the magic of media and television, people are what they are and we all come from different backgrounds, some are more fortunate than others and some children are born into poverty and bad living conditions, its not their fault its the way of things, lots of these children do study hard and make it but a lot don't, they fall into a life of crime and many end up dead or locked up,

you seem to have the same toffee nosed attitude of the people that run this cuntry pal,
oh really?? Its about personal choices. I grew up on a council estate until 14 so i know what CHAVS are thanks!! But i agree the name has been popularised by the media and overused to include all teenage unruley behaviour etc. When i refer to CHAVs i refer to scum, or people who act like scum as it makes no difference, you are what you are as you say, unless you decide to change.

People have choices. even some poor kid from a poor area with shit parents. Yes he might not have the same opportunity when young but he still has choices. he can CHOOSE to work or commit crime. He can CHOOSE to work for minimum wage in maccyD's then study on the side to better himself. He can CHOOSE to hang around in gangs and intimidate people etc.

Its all about the choices someone makes. And its the person who makes those choices who should take responsibility for their actions. Society and the government doesnt make teen tearaways act the way they do. they choose to behave that way.

If certain people dont like the fact society looks down on them and considers them oxygen thiefs/CHAVs/scum/dole scroungers/pikeys etc etc then dont behave that way.

and if these people are soo badly damaged by their upbringing that they cannot behave in a civilised manor and cannot abide by the law then maybe prison IS the best place for them to protect the rest of us.
Originally Posted by arch
but hadn't got the bottle to man up and stand in front of a jury of his peers to answer for his crimes(like an awful lot of 'hard men' I have met in the last twenty years).
yeah funny isnt it that they think they are hard yet cant take the punnishment. surely a "hard man" can take it???
Old 14-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Chip

Surely you would have to be hard AND totally stupid, to actually WANT to do time?

I dont think that avoiding wanting to do time makes someone weak which is the implication in some of the posts in this thread, although I agree that killing themselves to avoid it does.
Old 14-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Surely you would have to be hard AND totally stupid, to actually WANT to do time?
well you have to be pretty fucking stupid to be a criminal and get caught in the first place
I dont think that avoiding wanting to do time makes someone weak which is the implication in some of the posts in this thread, although I agree that killing themselves to avoid it does.
depends on why they are avoiding it. You could argue that avoiding taking responsibility for your own actions is in itself a sign of weakness/cowardice.

or you could go down the route that many criminals just dont give a shit about anyone but themselves, feel no guilt/concience etc so of course they wouldnt be "weak" per se. Although in those cases you could argue they are bordering on sociopathic behaviour.
Old 14-07-2010, 11:25 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm properly amazed that so many people have sided with him. Not least because he was a known police informant. And there was me thinking that all 'grasses' were scum.
Old 14-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

@ Dan

i do find the whole grass thing funny.

cant those retards understand that reporting criminals will in the long run make their area better as the scum eventually get locked up?
Old 14-07-2010, 11:41 AM
Chip

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I'm properly amazed that so many people have sided with him. Not least because he was a known police informant. And there was me thinking that all 'grasses' were scum.

Indeed, the fucking irony of it
Old 14-07-2010, 11:56 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Indeed, the fucking irony of it
It's not just irony, it's bare-faced hypocrisy on a massive, massive scale!
Old 14-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Chip

No, the irony is that they are too stupid to realise they are hypocrits
Old 14-07-2010, 12:20 PM
joffy
SLOW LEARNER

John Charles De menezes is a good example, what would have happened if the police had let him run on to the train and he was a suicide bomber?? If he had killed 50 people and injured how ever many other then how much more would you be slating the police??
Old 14-07-2010, 12:48 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by joffy
John Charles De menezes is a good example, what would have happened if the police had let him run on to the train and he was a suicide bomber?? If he had killed 50 people and injured how ever many other then how much more would you be slating the police??
Totally.

And what if Moat had started shooting at the homes around him. Then there would be cries of "why didn't the police take him down first?".

The police are in an extremely difficult position in situations like these, as there will always be two sides, and there will be bad press whatever they do.

In my opinion - if you've got a gun, and you're waving it about in public then you should expect to run the very real risk of being shot.

As for people boo-hooing because the Taser 'made him do it' - It was HIS finger on the trigger of HIS gun pointing at HIS own head that caused HIS death. This isn't TV where a slick talking negotiator makes them change their mind, or a sharpshooter shoots the gun out of his hand. This is real life. The man was a known violent felon, he'd shot several people, had threatened the police and deserved his own fate.

No one else is to blame for the decisions he made in his life.
Old 14-07-2010, 02:50 PM
packman
PassionFord Regular

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/10615302.stm

i wonder how long until other papers jump on the bandwagon and blame the police for his shooting??
They get slated when they do right they get slated when they do wrong , the bloke was a danger to the public for once they did the right thing , owe yes one more thing the cowards way out !!!
Old 14-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Skotie jay
Regular Contributor

Location: Look in your mirror.....to late now u can see my rear :D

ok this issue is getting on my tits. if this was America they would of shot him b4 he thought bout shooting himself. They tried to save this idiots life. at most if he had lived he'd of ended up get life maybe twice but that would of only give him 50 yrs in pen. This guy was obviously disturbed, an wouldn't of thought twice bout shooting an innocent but to top it off people support this idiot!! But whats more annoying to me is if he'd give himself up he'd of gone to a mental home not prison on grounds of being mentally unstable. Yes the police was warned he might do summat nasty but how many people threaten some one after being stuck in a cell!! What also gets up my nose is the fact people are praising him on facebook but would they be praising him if he had shot some one they knew i doubt it. like warren said we live in a society that to many idiots are thinking that they are gangsters an big men because the sell a bit of weed or coke an can bully people. this kind of thing makes me sick an people need to grow up an get a job an be a useful member of society insted of sitting on fb an thinking they hit men pfft make me sick

Last edited by Skotie jay; 14-07-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 14-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

I think the police should have shot him and let him bleed out wherever he dropped. Gets the job done and sends a message.

The police mess about too much trying to do "the right thing" for criminals for the reason that they get blamed for sh*t like this that doesnt even matter.

As soon as you take someone elses life. f*ck your human rights, you just lost them.
Old 14-07-2010, 03:32 PM
Skotie jay
Regular Contributor

Location: Look in your mirror.....to late now u can see my rear :D

Originally Posted by Chopshop85
I think the police should have shot him and let him bleed out wherever he dropped. Gets the job done and sends a message.

The police mess about too much trying to do "the right thing" for criminals for the reason that they get blamed for sh*t like this that doesnt even matter.

As soon as you take someone elses life. f*ck your human rights, you just lost them.
totally agree to many politically correct pricks in this country
Old 14-07-2010, 03:41 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by joffy

The fact was that in fact he wasn't a suicide bomber bet yet he was still gunned down by the police and nobody in the force was held accountable, it was just a case of 'oh sorry it was mistaken identity'

Luciano
Old 14-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Chip

The fact was that in fact he wasn't a suicide bomber bet yet he was still gunned down by the police and nobody in the force was held accountable, it was just a case of 'oh sorry it was mistaken identity'

Luciano
Everyone makes mistakes, even people who are making life and death decisions, it was a pretty easy mistake to make in the circumstances, and if he wasnt running from the police because he was here as an illegal immigrant on an expired visa then he wouldnt have got shot.
Im not saying that makes it right, it doesnt, but the blame doesnt lie squarely with the police for mistaking someone who lived where a suspected terrorist lived and looked like the suspected terrorist and then ran away from them when they tried to stop him, for being a terrorist.

I would have shot him too if I was them!

If they hadnt shot him and he was the terrorist that it seemed very likely he was, dozens of innocents could have been killed.

Last edited by Chip; 14-07-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 14-07-2010, 03:48 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

thing is what you would want as appropriate "accountability" just wont happen now or ever.

it was a catalogue of mistakes by a lot of people. no one mistake was solely responsible for his death so theres pretty much no hope of any criminal charges and slim chance of anything other than professional warnings etc. who would you bring manslaughter charges against??? coorporately?? is it fair that the head of the met gets locked up for something he had no control over? no of course not. so all the courts could do is fine the police or award compo etc to the family. so a criminal court case just wastes more tax payers money and achieves nothing.
Old 14-07-2010, 03:52 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Luciano
Considering what was going on at the time if a armed Police Officer or infact a few of them told him to stop where he was then he should of, doing the off raised suspicion and as already mentioned above what would of been said IF he was a suicide bomber ?

I agree it seemed a bit of a harsh way to go but he did ask for it and if it was the USA he probably wouldn't of got as far as he did anyway.

As for this guy, well he did shoot himself after all, with his own gun, that was pointing at his own head, what on earth did anyone expect to happen.

I don't believe if he had of survived he deserved a life sentence, he deserved to be executed which infact he did a good job of himself !
Old 14-07-2010, 05:19 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Benni
Did you not see were he said 'On the other hand'.

Benni.
Yes i did. But his post was a contradiction, he even admitted it
Old 14-07-2010, 05:31 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

understand that reporting criminals will in the long run make their area better as the scum eventually get locked up?
no it doesnt at all. If mr smith from grass street goes to the 5-0 to report someone 90% of the time its ignored.
Now if mr dodgy goes and say's i can give you all the info on mr shady etc but you leave me the fuck alone! What do you think will happen?
Old 14-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

you cynic

im sure the police take credible reports seriously for serious crimes.
Old 14-07-2010, 06:09 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

its SO rare to find one who is actually up for treating the public with any respect IME
Still a few good ones left, but getting rarer all the time, and thats only going to make it harder to have the public on side.
It would be a lot easier to respect members of a police service, than of a police force, and whichever way they choose to name it, I know which we currently have!
it's probably just as rare for the police to find a member of the public that treats them with respect.

the way the police service operate generally by consent rather than force is wrong imo - they need to be allowed to toughen up to get more respect
Old 14-07-2010, 06:29 PM
JonnyBravo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
it's probably just as rare for the police to find a member of the public that treats them with respect.

the way the police service operate generally by consent rather than force is wrong imo - they need to be allowed to toughen up to get more respect
Exactly, you know in the US not to mess with them wether your in the right or wrong, people know this and tend to be more on their side.
Old 14-07-2010, 06:41 PM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

you cynic

im sure the police take credible reports seriously for serious crimes.
Mate its what happens