General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

mercedes benz c class sport coupe c200k 3dr

Search this Thread

Old 25-06-2010, 06:47 PM
tosh
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Default mercedes benz c class sport coupe c200k 3dr

Anyone had or got one have been offered a December 01 52plate with 44000 mile's for £5,800 with 2 grands worth of alloys looks nice, I just wanted to try something different other then the sapph which I have owned 20 yrs, I will still keep it for now but I'm fed up at the moment, sick of spending money on the bottomless pit and it still not getting used.

Also whats the spec on them, reliability etc.
Old 25-06-2010, 06:54 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Used to own a c230k on a s plate. Lovely drive, like driving an armchair on motorways but used to handle like on rails with the traction control on despite being almost two tonnes of motor! Quite nippy too, mine used to cruise at 140 all day long, should'nt think the c200k would be much different. Great mercedes build quality as well
Old 25-06-2010, 06:56 PM
gouch1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

merc reliability is not good these days also they rot like a cu**
163 bhp 36 mpg 0-60 8.9
Old 25-06-2010, 07:00 PM
rstubby15
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do come with a 10 year anti corrosion warranty, but you'd have to have a full unbleamished mercedes main dealer service history to make a claim on any rust.
Old 25-06-2010, 07:46 PM
tosh

Originally Posted by huautos
merc reliability is not good these days also they rot like a cu**
163 bhp 36 mpg 0-60 8.9
I'm not liking the 0-60 times that might feel a tad slow saying that I find most modern cars now days tend to feel nippy compared to the cosworth when driving around town etc, I thought they would be at least around the 200bhp.

Originally Posted by rstubby15
They do come with a 10 year anti corrosion warranty, but you'd have to have a full unbleamished mercedes main dealer service history to make a claim on any rust.
It has got a full comprehensive service history so might be OK on the rust issue, don't forget I'm used to tin worm after 20yrs of ford ownership

sounds a bit anal but what do they sound like
Old 25-06-2010, 07:57 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sound nice and loads of tuning potential,smaller pulley and a chip should give 200bhp easily.mercs do rust but only surface usually,no rot!!it's common on all mercs but nothing too bad.they have a few electrical gremlins but at that mileage you'll have no worries.lovely looking barge with solid Germanic efficiency,I love them.
Old 25-06-2010, 08:28 PM
tosh

Originally Posted by vaughant
Sound nice and loads of tuning potential,smaller pulley and a chip should give 200bhp easily.mercs do rust but only surface usually,no rot!!it's common on all mercs but nothing too bad.they have a few electrical gremlins but at that mileage you'll have no worries.lovely looking barge with solid Germanic efficiency,I love them.
It's one of the nicest I have seen to be honest have liked the look of them for a while the only thing i'm not to sure on is the grey interiour looks a bit plasticy, was thinking of going down the bm 330 route but it's hard to find one with low miles for that sort of money oh yes the v6 sounds good aswell sorry geting a bit anal again, a few of us lot seem to go down the bmw route but then come back again so I might be different and take the plunge and buy it, will keep the sapph for now though just incase I don't like it.
Old 25-06-2010, 08:35 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Hi mate,I've had an e36 cab for years now and it's a top drivers car,lovely handling etc,great engine,bags of power/torque but if I had to jump in a car now to go to the south of France the merc would win everytime,so comfy,so reliable,really assured and just feel total quality.E46 are great cars but as you said you'd pay nearly double for one comparable to the merc which was why I chose the ml diesel over the x5 as the x5 was 10k,and the ml was 5,I don't think the x5 was twice the car either.
Old 25-06-2010, 09:14 PM
tosh

I know what you are saying mate, I'm 43 yrs of age now and just want something I will use and something I can park up any-were without worrying about it, was just after some feedback but in the back of me mind I'm still not sure if it's a jump to far back in the performance department, the trouble is with me is I usually hum and arr about things and end up talking myself out of it and before I know whats happened there I am again laying under the cosie a year later in the freezing cold saying, OH I will definitely use it more next summer and spend another fortune on it.

I will shut up now I'm starting to annoy myself
Old 25-06-2010, 10:44 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Haa haa,know the feeling!!!if you fancy it,go for it,you can always go back to the cossies if you get bored but there's loads you can do to them,styling and performance wise.obviously it won't be as quick as the Cossie but for real world everyday performance you won't be dissapointed.I love the build on mercs and it'll feel totally different to the saph coss,not slating them,I've got a 4x4 myself but you'll still get the arse out on the merc.Cossie prices are silly right now so a good time to cash in I reckon!!!I'm sure like many others on here you'll end up buying something to keep you occupied on the cold winter nights !!!but it's nice to get in the merc the next day knowing it'll start and not break!!!
Old 25-06-2010, 11:00 PM
caprizetec170
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

my brother has a 00 230clk auto lowered on eibachs ands 18s still handles like crap rolls all over place wears balljoints & blows bulbs for sport has light grey leather wears well looks sh*t, steering has no feel(steering box?) and not any quicker than my st170 n straight line and you'll deffinatly need rust insurance. think 200s have same power but smaller 1.8 engine
Old 25-06-2010, 11:29 PM
vaughant
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Think they're a 2.0l supercharged?would imagine that the st170 should hold it in a straight line as it's similar power and a lighter car?always thought the clks handled really well.all modern cars seem to wear balljoints etc,especially lowered ones,people do tend to drop the mercs really low as well!!!!