General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: A.D (After debates) Who will you be voting for?
Conservative
30.24%
Labour
12.68%
Liberal
11.22%
UKIP
7.32%
BNP
28.78%
Other
2.93%
Still unsure
6.83%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

so who you going to vote for then?

Search this Thread

Old 30-04-2010 | 12:05 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Pf Admin
I've added a poll for you Dojj
THANKS MR ADMIN

Originally Posted by alan12112
+1!!

UKIP for me folks, I agree with them more than any other party,

1st ukip
2nd BNP!!
3rd Conservative

We need to ring our troops out of afghanistan and stop medaling in other countrys affairs! Can anyone actually tell me why our boys/my mates are dying out there?

NO!

UKIP all the way
the fact that we are over there in the first place was the mistake, now, if we pull out it will be a victory for our "enemies" because we will have bottled it

never mind that we've stopped sending our boys (and girls) over there without the proper equipment and it's costing us a shit load of money to sit out there and be target practice for peeps with nothing better to do than blow shit up

my cousin laid down covering fire when 2 of his buddies were killed because they needed to recover the bodies or else the peeps that killed them would have had a field day with the corpses, i know how i felt when i heard about it, so fuck knows what he's had to deal with for the past year, i've not spoken to him since either but now he's out in the falklands where the only danger is the penguins

Originally Posted by massivewangers
What I find interesting about a lot of the debate I've seen on here; is that many people are saying they won't vote Conservative because they're going to make such ruthless cuts.

Now I really think it's time people woke up and smelt the coffee here. This country is in an absolutely shit state, there is no escaping it, we are well and truly on the rocks. If you think any party can be in government in the next five years and not make MASSIVE cuts to public spending, then you are severely deluded. Who ever gets in, be it Labour, Conservatives, or a coalition with the Lib Dems, then they will all have to massively cut public spending to try and cut the deficit. Brown and Labour can go on about it as much as they like, but the harsh truth is, completely protecting health, education and policing is simply not possible. The next few years are going to hurt everyone, and I think people just need to wake up to it.

I was certain I was going to vote Conservative, though I am now less certain. The Lib Dems say a lot of things which I think many of us find appealing, but I'm really not convinced they have the necessary ability to carry it through, and I'm not really sure a coalition government is the best thing at the moment. With all the disagreement between the three parties, I think whoever was involved in the coalition may just end up not being able to agree on any of the important issues.

One point I found interesting in last night's debate was Brown's attack on Cameron about the NI increase. The constant accusation that Cameron will be taking Ł6bn out of the economy by not increasing NI next year is starting to get a bit tiresome. He seems to be skirting around the real point there. I don't see how saving a wasted Ł6bn within government spending is taking money out of the economy. Obviously there is a chance it's all bullshit about making these efficiency savings, but I certainly agree with the principle of it. I'm fed up of the Labour attitude that problems in the public sector can be solved by throwing tens of billions of pounds at it with no regard to what it's actually being spent on, that's contributed to us being in this bloody mess in the first place.
brown seemed to have ttoally missed the point that it was going to be Ł6 billion "saved" by not needing to spend it so that you COUDL spend that saved money on other esential services, brown's too mixed up and muddled in what the tories were rather than pulling his head out of his arse to work out where to go next

i found it laughable to hear him say that he was going to get us out of the resecion when it was him, and onlyhim, that put us into the predicament in the first place, so how he's going to be capable of getting us out is beyond me
Old 30-04-2010 | 12:12 PM
Mr S1
Don't ask - I don't know

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
I think they are just all the same. They think about number 1. They are all full of promises. I really dont know who i wanna vote for. They need some proper people from of the streets. People like us is what they need in parliament.
+ 1
Old 30-04-2010 | 12:32 PM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was voting bnp but have changed my mind and am voting labour as i dont want the tories in.

Cameron is full of shit he cant stop immigration and he knows it, as for getting the jobshy back to work another smokescreen, if someone dont want to work they will go for an interview and make damn sure they dont get offered the job so they cant stop their money, its all smokescreens with the tories and people need to remember they opposed all the governments plans to help the economy and would have made the recession worse.

As for the comments bring back thatcher, yea she took on the argies but some of her other policies were insane, poll tax anyone?, she made this country divided and has never really recovered from it
Old 30-04-2010 | 03:06 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
I care about all of those & will vote for Maggies boy. You sound like a lefty from the 1970's . Ive been around longer than you guys & know which Party is best for this country long term.
Labour have destroyed the fabric of our society with there minority pleasing left of centre policies & we need to change, its a pity Maggie cant make a comeback those were heady days if you were prepared to work hard & make the effort but many wanted something for nothing im afraid.
Oh god quit the ive been around longer bollox Rod, My parents have been round longer than you and they know labour is best for the country...blah de blah!
Old 30-04-2010 | 03:09 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT

Labour for me with regards to the economy have the best manifesto but their immigration policies have ruined this country!

Immigration from Europe cant be changed without leaving europe, something no party with a chance of getting power will do. Cameron cant cap it, only from outside Europe...ehich would mean a lack of skilled migrants like doctors etc. Its just his seductive wording that makes the average joe think hell cap ALL immigration.
Old 30-04-2010 | 03:11 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Alan_D
Conservatives for me. Get Brown out on his arse. Labour is strangling this country just like they always have. They were handed a country with the groundwork for a strong economy already done and then took the credit for it, before ultimately fucking it up as expected. They've shown time and time again they screw it up and people still don't get it.

Labour are the kings when it comes to statistics. They'll record things in all sorts of different ways to say they've improved this and that. The health service and schools are the best example. Anyone in their right mind knows that schools and the NHS are in a terrible state... hospitals are dirty places where you're more likely to get infected than healed... and they claim to have improved it!!? Crime is another one. What use are statistics that things are getting better when almost all of the general public are feeling the effects of them getting worse? Basically anyone who works hard, lives a good life and has anything to show for it is taxed to death. On the other hand criminals, religious nutcases and scroungers get a walk in the park. I hate their polices, their way of thinking and I'll be gutted if they're running this country for the next however many years...
Hospitals have a few problems with superbugs etc, but theyre not falling to bits like they were under the tories! Likewise with schools.you dont need stats just eyes.
Old 30-04-2010 | 03:12 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
People are desperate for change, now IMO is not the time for it.
Now is exactly the time for change!

In my opinion any vote for any of the main three is a waste. The ONLY way to REALLY change things is for a hung parliament.

Why?

Well, all three are fully signed up to the European Human Rights act, which prevents us from deporting European terrorists back to their home countries (and also others from countries outside EU). It also gives criminals rights that they should lose the moment they commit a crime.

All three parties are fully signed up to European Treaties, which take our fishing waters from the British and gives them to the Europe (ie Spain), and also the Common Agricultural Policy which has fucked our farming industry and makes us reliant on food imports.

Also mean we HAVE to pay benefits to any European coming into the country.

And it goes on and on. So anyone voting for the main three is obviously quite happy with the way things are now.
Old 30-04-2010 | 03:22 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Glenny Boy
I really dont know who i wanna vote for. They need some proper people from of the streets.
Plenty of local and independent candidates available. No need to waste a vote that people have died for the right to have.
Old 30-04-2010 | 03:55 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Labour - already sent my postal vote off
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:09 PM
dojj

Hospitals have a few problems with superbugs etc, but theyre not falling to bits like they were under the tories! Likewise with schools.you dont need stats just eyes.
education education education

have you seen the state of the schoolkids nowadays?

if they ain't beatings one another up, they are stabbing one another, beaing up teachers, getting beaten up by teacher or generaly just being cunts to everyone

so while the school may be getting rebuilt and a mke over, who sold off all the playing fields and who signed us up to europe and it's "bill of human rights" so that we can't even smack our own kids now when theyve been naughty for fear of having themtaken away from us and being put into foster care with peado's and social workers who don't give a shit?

i could go on but i think you get the picture

i'm probably not going to change your view on anything but you shouldn't be telling politician sized porkie pies to give your tales a bigger standing fella
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:14 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by dojj

if they ain't beatings one another up, they are stabbing one another, beaing up teachers, getting beaten up by teacher or generaly just being cunts to everyone

so while the school may be getting rebuilt and a mke over, who sold off all the playing fields and who signed us up to europe and it's "bill of human rights" so that we can't even smack our own kids now when theyve been naughty for fear of having themtaken away from us and being put into foster care with peado's and social workers who don't give a shit?

i'm probably not going to change your view on anything but you shouldn't be telling politician sized porkie pies to give your tales a bigger standing fella
Its not my view only Dojj, its also the view of NASUWT, its nothing to do with 'tales' so be be a patronising prick, it doesnt wash. And dont you sit there and tell me all the trouble with youths started in 1997 either

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 30-04-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:16 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

The way Labour are going about getting us out of this mess is by spending more and more. The more debt we have the harder it is to manage in the future. Your idea earlier in the thread of supporting the economy and clearing the debt later... that isn't supporting the economy, it's fucking it. Say what you like about Maggie, but she made the economy strong, infact it was the groundwork she laid that led to the two decades we've had, which have surely been some of the best in modern history? It's been proven time and time again that the way Labour do things doesn't work. Labour and a strong economy don't go together. There is actually not really any way out of this debt we have by normal means... they've well and truly fucked everyone.

Short-term pain is needed(which everyone will moan about) to get us out of this mess, not more spending. Do you actually just want Labour still in power because it will keep things nice and easy? Or are you looking at the bigger picture and thinking the economy will be much better off 5 years down the line? Because with adding to the debt at the rate Labour are, I don't see how that's possible.

Unfortunately in life, not everyone can be well off. It's either we have a strong economy or we favour people that can't be arsed working and give them an easier ride, while hindering people that have the get up and go to just get on with things and are ultimately successful. The really rich don't care though, they just move to places like Gibralter and pay minimal taxes over there instead, leaving us with none. Common sense would surely suggest slightly less tax is better than none? Not in Brown's head it would seem.

People moan about the conservatives making life too easy for the rich... letting them earn too much, etc, but do you realise just how much money Labour waste on totally pointless crap? All the money they spend on making sure we don't offend people, all these people employed and things set up to make sure there's equality, which actually ends up doing the opposite... see the resentment a lot of people have towards Muslims now for evidence of this, which wouldn't exist if they weren't seen to be prioritised over others, that's not equality. There are literally hundreds of these daft schemes with managers of this and that paid to sit about all day deciding if waving a union jack is going to upset an immigrant. They probably waste as much money as the old 'Tories' would have let the rich keep anyway... so it probably works out about the same. There's way too much money going into the public sector as well, way too much money going abroad to places that don't need it, the EU... the list goes on forever but can be summed up under the heading of enormous waste. Gordon Brown doesn't have a grip on this economy... he doesn't even have a grip on himself. Even staunch Labour voters would agree that he isn't a good leader, he was never elected anyway.

He's a genius when it comes to money matters though... selling all our gold at a 20 year low to 'balance the portfolio' and have more reserves of foreign currencies. What was he thinking? Sell a constant to buy currencies that will be devaluing forever. Even if that was the case and he needed balance, he could have taken a 1 minute look at a chart and decided that then wasn't the time to sell.

Price of gold at the time - around $280 an ounce.

Price of gold now - around $1170.

None of this matters though, although it is good banter! we'll find out what the score is next week!
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:23 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Alan why do you want a 'strong' economy? What benifit will it give you personally?
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:31 PM
dojj

Its not my view only Dojj, its also the view of NASUWT, its nothing to do with 'tales' so be be a patronising prick, it doesnt wash. And dont you sit there and tell me all the trouble with youths started in 1997 either
my mum worked in a school since 1985
my mrs works in a school

so i think they know more about what goes on than the "published" works of fiction that pass as certain groups would have you think

so now you know where i am coming from, how would you like to quantify what you have said previously? because obviusly having the bext part of 25 years worth of working in schools is not enough to notice when things are going wrong and in what direction the patern has been going eh

name calling, the stance to take when you are losing eh, just like kids in the playground
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:37 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

my mum worked in a school since 1985
my mrs works in a school

so i think they know more about what goes on than the "published" works of fiction that pass as certain groups would have you think

so now you know where i am coming from, how would you like to quantify what you have said previously? because obviusly having the bext part of 25 years worth of working in schools is not enough to notice when things are going wrong and in what direction the patern has been going eh

name calling, the stance to take when you are losing eh, just like kids in the playground
No its language used by someone who cant stand patronising pricks. Dont do it, simple.

So your Mum n wife have a view different to that of the recent election magazine published by Nasuwt?

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 30-04-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:55 PM
D16PJM

but isn't the tories cutting the education budget and not building more schools?
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:56 PM
bawjaws
BANNED

I care about all of those & will vote for Maggies boy. You sound like a lefty from the 1970's . Ive been around longer than you guys & know which Party is best for this country long term.
Labour have destroyed the fabric of our society with there minority pleasing left of centre policies & we need to change, its a pity Maggie cant make a comeback those were heady days if you were prepared to work hard & make the effort but many wanted something for nothing im afraid.

pf,s most arrogant man strikes again, what a dick.
Old 30-04-2010 | 05:06 PM
dojj

No its language used by someone who cant stand patronising pricks. Dont do it, simple.

So your Mum n wife have a view different to that of the recent election magazine published by Nasuwt?

so you've resorted to policital answers by totaly ignoring the question asked and giving an totaly irrelevant answer

you'll go far as a cabinet minister

you do realise that there are a fair ammount of different teacher unions yes? even ones for head teachers?

so they are all going to tell the story from the angle that best suits their supported party, so i have no trouble in you sticking to your guns and telling us that, back in the day, this happend and that happened, but that doesn't change the fact that it's the past and not the future you are talking about

meanwhile, i'm looking at the "bigger" picture and, on the whole, i think the tory policies over all will work better for the country as a whole than the labour or lib dems policies will

the particular policies that gordon attacked david on the other night were very very specific, ecpesially the ones about cutting the child tax credits for everyone, rather than aknowledging tha fact that he's going to cut it for peole who earn more than Ł50k

the same with the inheritance tax, if you've worked all your life and have money, then why should the government take money from your estate when you pop your clogs? Ł625k isn't a lot of money nowadays, 2 houses and you are there, so lifting it by another Ł200k is keeping money in the pockets of those who have earned it, what's wrong with that?

d16pjm:
the money needs to be spent on putting things right, not knocking schools down to build new ones "because they are old", better to put the money into the right places to get things right before you go around tarting things up, although i know this will hit builder types who are relying on the busines carrying on, but wouldn't those builders be put to better use building more houses?

Last edited by dojj; 30-04-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 30-04-2010 | 05:32 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by D16PJM
but isn't the tories cutting the education budget and not building more schools?
Do you honestly honestly think, given the financial position of this country, that Labour won't have to cut the education budget?

I just can't believe people are buying it that Labour think they can carry on throwing money at the NHS and education. It's a lie. We have to save money. Everywhere. To get back on track, to reduce our budget defecit, every single area of public spending will be affected.

Brown is just spinning lie after lie after lie in a desperate bid to stay in power IMO.
Old 30-04-2010 | 05:41 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by D16PJM
Tory voters ignore things like that mate.....
Old 30-04-2010 | 05:43 PM
D16PJM

Do you honestly honestly think, given the financial position of this country, that Labour won't have to cut the education budget?

I just can't believe people are buying it that Labour think they can carry on throwing money at the NHS and education. It's a lie. We have to save money. Everywhere. To get back on track, to reduce our budget defecit, every single area of public spending will be affected.

Brown is just spinning lie after lie after lie in a desperate bid to stay in power IMO.
now i know they are all full of shit not just brown but cameron and gleg as well, not one of them can answer a question straight, the last time the tories were in power in the 80's the interest rates went sky high and repossesions were at a all time high, maggies poll tax, sorry i think i just hate cameron he looks like a slimey F*cker to me.

To be honest its irrelivant as the tories will probably get in.
Old 30-04-2010 | 05:47 PM
Big-Dan
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alan12112
We need to ring our troops out of afghanistan and stop medaling in other countrys affairs! Can anyone actually tell me why our boys/my mates are dying out there?

NO!
I can sum it up in one word for you mate..

Oil..

Big-Dan.
Old 30-04-2010 | 05:56 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, because we all want less police, shit schools and healthcare....... this is the most BASIC "fabric of or society" as i see it.
Spending less on these won't make them better, just incase i had to point out the obvious.
Free counry and all that, and i know Labour are basically screwed, unfortunately it'll take a Tory government to make people realise how fucked up things can really get.
Old 30-04-2010 | 06:08 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Alan why do you want a 'strong' economy? What benifit will it give you personally?
It benefits everyone. The reason people moan about the NHS, schools, crime etc is that there isn't the money to tackle it, or it's being wasted. Surely it's a no brainer? Surprised you asked me that considering your trade. Look at the amount of tradesmen out of work now, etc. When things are tight people aren't wanting to splash money on getting stuff built, so work comes to a halt.

A strong economy is everything as far as I'm concerned, everything else good comes with it.

Last edited by Alan_D; 30-04-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 30-04-2010 | 06:21 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good man. I wish she could come back into power. Personally I will be voting conservative. Labour are just a party for the work shy tossers of this world who cannot be arsed to do anything other than accept handouts. And still they keep spending.

Liberals have a few decent proposals, but then comes the immigration amnesty and the desire not to have trident, fools.

Cons do have a few worrying issues, but I am confident that they will get our economy back onto a good strong footing. Spookily just as they have after the previous two labour govts have bankrupt us. For me this election isn't about what's best for me, but more for what's best for the country (not a labour thought I know)

Regards schools I thought Cameron was cutting back the building of new schools for the next few years, seems reasonable to me. Also cutting family tax credits if over Ł50000, again seems reasonable (this means I will lose a few quid a month, but I can't disagree with it)
Old 30-04-2010 | 06:34 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1waG...eature=related

I do like this guy a lot, but as I said before, if they don't have much chance I'd rather vote conservative to make the difference in that way.
Old 30-04-2010 | 06:37 PM
cossiejay

nothing will make me change my mind BNP all the way
Old 30-04-2010 | 06:39 PM
rubinsbin
BANNED

Im voting for any fucker who gets rid of all the fucking immigrants that live (exist) here,
who work for food!! And sleep six deep and have ruined a what was a half decent country--its getting more like the middle east every day.
Old 30-04-2010 | 07:50 PM
murfs frst
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

bnp
Old 30-04-2010 | 08:48 PM
Phil2002

cut tax credits not worth the time filling the paper work out have only claimed it for a total of 2 years from when my duaghter was born she is now 7 first when she was first born next year had to pay it back and again last year got the same letter sorry over paid you last year you need to pay back......................will not waste the time or ink filling in the form again.

Mad rod Alan D and Dojj could not agree with you more all points spot one.

My old man told me the country is always in shit state at the end of a labour reign.

Got no job got 23 kids smoke 40 fags a day and drink stella for breakfast LABOUR is for you

Actually don't mind getting up in the morning and working for a living.

no brainer really!
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:07 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Alan_D
It benefits everyone. The reason people moan about the NHS, schools, crime etc is that there isn't the money to tackle it, or it's being wasted. Surely it's a no brainer? Surprised you asked me that considering your trade. Look at the amount of tradesmen out of work now, etc. When things are tight people aren't wanting to splash money on getting stuff built, so work comes to a halt.

A strong economy is everything as far as I'm concerned, everything else good comes with it.
I just want a stable economy. It doesnt have to be strong. Yes im a builder, and its one of the first trades to get hit, and get hit bad through recession! If cameron makes the cuts immediatley people will get hit hard and not want to spend!
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:11 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by arch
Good man. I wish she could come back into power. Personally I will be voting conservative. Labour are just a party for the work shy tossers of this world who cannot be arsed to do anything other than accept handouts. And still they keep spending.

Liberals have a few decent proposals, but then comes the immigration amnesty and the desire not to have trident, fools.

Cons do have a few worrying issues, but I am confident that they will get our economy back onto a good strong footing. Spookily just as they have after the previous two labour govts have bankrupt us. For me this election isn't about what's best for me, but more for what's best for the country (not a labour thought I know)

Regards schools I thought Cameron was cutting back the building of new schools for the next few years, seems reasonable to me. Also cutting family tax credits if over Ł50000, again seems reasonable (this means I will lose a few quid a month, but I can't disagree with it)
NO ONE is denying that the ruthless cuts the tories make can get our economy back on track, eventually,but as usual like before it will be at the mercy of our normal, everyday working people who get hit by cuts and at the mercy of our public services! But thats ok, because it wont affect your avergage tory voter
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:13 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by rubinsbin
Im voting for any fucker who gets rid of all the fucking immigrants that live (exist) here,
who work for food!! And sleep six deep and have ruined a what was a half decent country--its getting more like the middle east every day.
I have issues with immigration and have come under fire many times by do gooding pricks who just label me racist for it, but on this case i disagree with you, youre wasting your vote.
Old 30-04-2010 | 11:02 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

NO ONE is denying that the ruthless cuts the tories make can get our economy back on track, eventually,but as usual like before it will be at the mercy of our normal, everyday working people who get hit by cuts and at the mercy of our public services! But thats ok, because it wont affect your avergage tory voter
The problem I see is that I think whoever gets in is going to have to make an emergency budget, and however they dress it, there will be cuts in public services that none of us will like.

They're all hiding as much as possible from the questions of where and how much, but cuts need to be made. What I find unbelievable is that Brown is honestly trying to tell people he can save money, reduce the defecit and have no effect at all on the NHS, education and policing. That, as with a whole raft of other things he comes out with, is a bare-faced lie. The other two are headily avoiding giving direct answer for fear of losing votes, Brown is just lying to people.

I think under this government, the public sector has become so bloated and full of waste that it needs someone ruthless to come in and make some big changes. Obviously we all want to keep the good things that have happened in health and education and things, and we'd all like to see new schools being built, but the fact of the matter is; we simply can't afford it anymore. A combination of huge government waste, massive inefficiency, beaurocracy, some terrible economic decisions and a complete change in financial affairs around the world has led us into the position where the level of spending we've become used to in recent years is just totally unsustainable.

We won't like it, it's undoubtedly going to be a painful few years for most people. Generally; a lot of people in this country have had it good for a long time, and now we've got to pay for it. We've just got to knuckle down and try and work our way out of it. It won't be pretty, but that's the reality of it.

I think what Mervyn King said this week may well ring true; whoever wins this election may see themselves out of power for a generation. There are some tough decisions to be made, and we're not going to like many of them.

But from my point of view, putting up NI next year at the risk of employers taking on new workers, and allowing government waste to continue until 2011 before real steps are made to reduce it, and promising to keep pumping untold sums into public services does not seem the way to get on top of the huge budget deficit we have.

One of the things I'd like to see implemented is all these ridiculous banker's bonuses being banned. It should be capped at some nominal low level for the next few years. Any money allocated to massive bonus payments goes straight back towards paying back all the money they owe the tax payer. It won't do a massive amount, but I don't see why these banks that got in untold levels of trouble should be allowed to make massive profits instantly and start paying out bonuses again. They've got creditors to pay; i.e. us.
Old 30-04-2010 | 11:34 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

I just want a stable economy. It doesnt have to be strong. Yes im a builder, and its one of the first trades to get hit, and get hit bad through recession! If cameron makes the cuts immediatley people will get hit hard and not want to spend!
We are at opposite ends of the political spectrum then and might as well agree to disagree.

When it comes to improving the most important things, money is actually needed to do it, not just an intention, which is what Labour have. They have a very simple way of thinking that a lot of people like the sound of, but which ultimately doesn't take into account the bigger picture. The thing they can't grasp is that sometimes you need to go backwards to go forwards, rather than just blundering on in the short-term and trying to keep everyone happy for the time being.

But yeah, you aren't going to vote conservative and I'm not going to vote labour, so case pretty much closed.

Last edited by Alan_D; 30-04-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 07:13 AM
dojj

lee, maybe you missed the bit where we were reminded that we won't be voting for the prime minister, but for the local chap who's going to represent us in parmilent, ok, i know that's not going to make a huge difference if he's the only person representing that party, but you get where i'm coming from yes?

the guy i'll be voting for just happens to be a conservative, and i'd like the conservative party to win the election by a landslide

no one will know whats going to happen for anotehr week but perhaps if you look at what your up and coming councilers are proposing to do at a local level rather than at a nationa level things might well work out for you to vote fo someone other than the labour/tory candidate

as an example of labour's dirty tricks campaign, last night we got a leaflet through the door telling us that the tory bloke beat someone up in 1988 and didn't put down that someone he was representing had given him 2 suits in 2003

so rather than telling us what he would do to make the borough a better place to be, he's sent thousands and thousansd of leaflets to everyone slagging off the other guy

i'm sorry, but that's not what i want from my councilor

the tory guys been on the local radio and tv channels for months and months talking to local peole about what goes wrong with their neighbourhoods, what is going right, where they think money is being wasted etc etc, a much better use of his time and resources and digging up dirt on his opposite number

so the botom line is that if there is a hung parliment, a lot of these proposals won't get through ebcause peole will be fighting and bickering about what they think is the best for the country rather than actually DOING what's best for the country, and that's the only part of peg leg clegg's manifesto thing i agree with, getting lots of chancellor types together with heads of business etc and deciding what is best to do with the economy and where the cuts owuld be best made and the savings be the most efficient
Old 01-05-2010 | 07:38 AM
Chris69

I'm so afraid the conservatives will get in as i really don't think the UK will be a better place for the average working family if they do.
Cameron and his cronies will just further kick us in the nuts until we're on our knees and he's sitting pretty.
I believe in a lot of wot Clegg has to say and he seems to be the only one that wants to really shake up the biggest waste of money in our country- that being the government.
that won't happen with the tories, they will waste more and try and makes further saving by cutting essential services- maybe public services do need a shake up but the cuts need to come from the top- this will not happen with the tories.
I am tempted to vote labour just so the tories don't get in but my vote will be staying with the lib dems. so best i can hope for is a hung parliament and a coalition between the labour and lib dems being formed.

Last edited by Chris69; 01-05-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 08:47 AM
Dlatch!

13 years of labour has the country on its knees
we have a prime minister we never voted for and we never got a vote on europe all promises broken money spent like water.
involved in a war that we could never win.

time for a reality check and voting labour is most definatley not the solution.

we all need to realise that this country can't save the world and is not the global power it once used to be, the empire is long gone time to concentrate on issue at home and bring our boys back from iraq a war they can't win.

a hung parliment will be the worst outcome as they will spend all their time point scoring rather than sorting the issues.

Last edited by Dlatch!; 01-05-2010 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-05-2010 | 08:52 AM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

They're all hiding as much as possible from the questions of where and how much, but cuts need to be made. What I find unbelievable is that Brown is honestly trying to tell people he can save money, reduce the defecit and have no effect at all on the NHS, education and policing. That, as with a whole raft of other things he comes out with, is a bare-faced lie. The other two are headily avoiding giving direct answer for fear of losing votes, Brown is just lying to people.

He's not though mate thats the thing, he has said there will be cuts in the public sector WHEN the economy is stable and there is growth. If you watched Paxman interview him last night you would have heard this. He's the only one whos been open about what he will cut and how much....unlike cameron, thats what really gets my goat about cameron, he wont admit what he'll cut as he will frighten off the labour voters he stole with his seductive words.

Agree Alan, we'll never agree on this but i like a good debate

Quick Reply: so who you going to vote for then?