General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: A.D (After debates) Who will you be voting for?
Conservative
30.24%
Labour
12.68%
Liberal
11.22%
UKIP
7.32%
BNP
28.78%
Other
2.93%
Still unsure
6.83%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

so who you going to vote for then?

Search this Thread

Old 29-04-2010 | 09:36 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default so who you going to vote for then?

after watching it tonight i've got a few observations:

gordon brown first up, he looks like he's wearing mr potato ears and is talking with false teeth, and kept going on about tax credits and inheritance tax

nick clegg now, he sort of kept it real, but when he was pushed, he floundered, he's the equivalent of having a few cold drinks on a saturday night, and then getting a "funny" tattoo on your backside, you know you are going to regret it in the morning

david cameron then, kept to the script and i think he edged it, although perhaps not as well as he could have

and why wasn't gordon, our esteemed leader, wearing a red tie?
Old 29-04-2010 | 09:52 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

David camerons policies are still that of the old tory party. Anyone who has kids and cares about education, and wants a good NHS will not vote for thatchers boy. He didnt give ONE straight answer on the economy especially the ones off Brown as he can't answer them in a way that wont shock the public and make them realise what he IS going to do to us...so he worms his way around with nicely worded phrases, mainly using 'families' a lot.

People are desperate for change, now IMO is not the time for it. I believe in Browns support the economy now and reduce the debt later policy...

Bite the bullet imo, and vote Labour.
Old 29-04-2010 | 09:57 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Lee, my thoughts exactly, but unfortunately i think we're fucked.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:02 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We did Polotics in Englisn for some reason. It was more our teacher persuading us not to vote for Tories I think? She went on about milk snatching and making the rich people richer and the poor people poorer. Oh, and something about the great divide.

When I said I might vote for BnP she said it's for racists, and I don't wanna' go down that road. Apparently they don't like Woman, blacks and will send me 'home' because I have some Irish in me. Fuck knows where I'll be sent.

Benni.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:05 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by rog
Lee, my thoughts exactly, but unfortunately i think we're fucked.
I do too mate. People are desperate for change but its not the right time!
But sadly when you have fools changing their mind on voting labour just because Brown said that woman was a bigot then you realise no amount of sense will stop them changing their mind! I mean what has a man proving hes human saying that about that woman got to do with the economy and our schools and NHS etc? Idiots.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:07 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I LOL'd when I heard what he said about that woman, and although I wasn't going to vote, I feel he deserves my vote for this alone.

Benni.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:09 PM
Saaamon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The tories are worth a shot regardless of there past. Benni you talk about the poor being made poorer, but do you agree with those who choose to not work because they'll earn more claiming. I don't think things would ever go to the extreme of "making the rich people richer ", but theres alot of people in this country that need a fucking wake up call. There's no more money left in the pot to pay for those who can't be bothered.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:11 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

I was just saying what my teacher said mate, I don't really understand it all as it doesn't interest me.

Benni.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:16 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by Saaamon
The tories are worth a shot regardless of there past. Benni you talk about the poor being made poorer, but do you agree with those who choose to not work because they'll earn more claiming. I don't think things would ever go to the extreme of "making the rich people richer ", but theres alot of people in this country that need a fucking wake up call. There's no more money left in the pot to pay for those who can't be bothered.
Worth a shot? Good god.
D16PJM

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
David camerons policies are still that of the old tory party. Anyone who has kids and cares about education, and wants a good NHS will not vote for thatchers boy. He didnt give ONE straight answer on the economy especially the ones off Brown as he can't answer them in a way that wont shock the public and make them realise what he IS going to do to us...so he worms his way around with nicely worded phrases, mainly using 'families' a lot.

People are desperate for change, now IMO is not the time for it. I believe in Browns support the economy now and reduce the debt later policy...

Bite the bullet imo, and vote Labour.
i agree with everything you'v said there, liberals have all these idea's on there 15 billion saving but at the end of the day it will be our jobs paying for that, and i don't have enough money to benifit from the tories policies, it might not have all been good but mr brown will be getting my vote.
Saaamon

I do too mate. People are desperate for change but its not the right time!
But sadly when you have fools changing their mind on voting labour just because Brown said that woman was a bigot then you realise no amount of sense will stop them changing their mind! I mean what has a man proving hes human saying that about that woman got to do with the economy and our schools and NHS etc? Idiots.
The womon put him on the spot, he didn't like it, so he had to put on a brave face and pretend he liked her, then slagged her off when he thought it was safe. Not exactly professional is it. He's an utter clown..
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:18 PM
COLEYST200
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 144 Likes on 133 Posts

im not going to vote as they are all full off shit
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:18 PM
D16PJM

The womon put him on the spot, he didn't like it, so he had to put on a brave face and pretend he liked her, then slagged her off when he thought it was safe. Not exactly professional is it. He's an utter clown..
so what conservitive policies will benifit you?
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:19 PM
Turbo Pez

i like labour, just dont like Brown....think thats there biggest problem!
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:19 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Hes a human being, and he was totally proffessional in the way that even though he didnt like what she was saying he was friendly with her. Why shouldnt he say to his people in the car what he thought of her? Cos hes a robot? Talk sense mate. The only thing he did wrong was leave his mic on. Theres no one on earth who doesnt speak their mind about others, get real.
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:23 PM
rog
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Maybe i'm missing the point, but the professional thing to do was to put on a brave face and pretend he liked her, just like you said....
I didn't like her manner and her opinions on immigrants, the trouble with this country is people blaming all the problems on immigrants, and turn a blind eye to all the other workshy cunts that are "british".
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:27 PM
phil_rs
yam yammer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UKIP FTW!!!!!
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:39 PM
symo
Focus ST2 Panther Black

Odd to find someone from an ex mining area calling cameron thatchers boy and sticking up for labour lol
Old 29-04-2010 | 10:56 PM
Saaamon

Originally Posted by rog
the trouble with this country is people blaming all the problems on immigrants, and turn a blind eye to all the other workshy cunts that are "british".
Bang on!

Lee, i totally agree with you, but it just doesn't look good and all adds to this image of him not being able to do his job properly.

D16PJM, being honest theres not any policies (apart from stopping increased NI that companies also have to pay) that stand out over any of the other parties. Although he certainly seems to support businesses which is good for me, as my family and i own a commerial cleaning company. Whether it stays like that if he gets in, we'll just have to wait an see.
Old 29-04-2010 | 11:14 PM
chr
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i dont know who to vote for but really dont like cameron
as for taxing the rich so much this is the way i see it, my boss has had a 10% tax increase from 40 to 50% and now cant or wont give me a pay rise because he cant afford it so in my eyes surly taxing the well off so much hurts the lower payed like me just as much.
i'm sure if im wrong i'll get corrected.

Chris
Old 29-04-2010 | 11:19 PM
sikora
Part of the Furniture

I don't particulary like Gordon Brown, but I agree with a few others here that now isn't the time for change.
Old 29-04-2010 | 11:21 PM
FastFordChris
Advanced PassionFord User

i think labour will keep spending money on the nhs,education etc etc which i think we all agree is important, but i get the sense that brown and the labour party still seem to be in their own world and don't really have a real grasp of whats going on, on there own doorstep.

cameron although at times making the right noises, you still get the feelings theyre going to cut everything ruthlessly and we really will feel the pinch!

i really can't decide which to go for, as the country desperatly needs change but whos going to do it the right way? and not lead us into europe to be shafted even more?
Old 29-04-2010 | 11:26 PM
Fil
ELASTIC BAND

Received 98 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by phil69a
UKIP FTW!!!!!
Old 29-04-2010 | 11:53 PM
Escow-Van
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

The tories are worth a shot regardless of there past.
They are really not, at all.

I have been very worried for a long time about this, things aren't going too well so people turn to blame the government and the current PM, thinking the Tories are obviously better because they didn't cause the mess. Yes, Labour has made some shit decisions in hindsight, but would the Tories really have made a better job of it?

This is the way I see it,
Labour: Mean well, even if they only pull off what they intended 90% of the time.
Tories: Try to convince you they mean well, but don't, and pull off their plans (for better or worse for the country) 100% of the time.
Lib Dem: Mean well, but really aren't up to the job.

Things aren't great under Labour, but they could get a whole lot worse under the Tories.

Last edited by Escow-Van; 29-04-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 29-04-2010 | 11:58 PM
Northants Ford Fan
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am definatley not voting for the conservatives or lib dems as between them they cant run my local councils properly so how they would cope with the whole country is anyones guess, and also the conservatives will get us out of debt by cutting everything they can except there wages like they did when they were last in power. So its either labour or one of the smaller parties for me.
Old 30-04-2010 | 04:24 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

I think they are just all the same. They think about number 1. They are all full of promises. I really dont know who i wanna vote for. They need some proper people from of the streets. People like us is what they need in parliment.
Old 30-04-2010 | 07:01 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

you're not voting for the leader, you're voting for an mp for your area and for a party who's policies best suit you
Old 30-04-2010 | 08:14 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

brown is trying to look valiant by looking to go down with the ship so to speak, so he's not going to give up

clegg is your typical politician, giving answers you want to hear to questions you didn't ask

cameron didn't do as well as i would have thought, but he made clegg look like a fool whne he answered his question but then didn't get an answer in regars to the 600k worth of immigrants that were going to get residency here

i'm voting conservative simply because i know who the conservative councolor is for my neck of the woods and i've been talking ot him in regards to what he's going to do about crime and parking in my street and he's given the best answers

plus he's on telly alot and you can call him up and debate stuff live on air with him

and my mums got his number and bugs him nearly every day about stuff
Old 30-04-2010 | 08:42 AM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

David camerons policies are still that of the old tory party. Anyone who has kids and cares about education, and wants a good NHS will not vote for thatchers boy.
I care about all of those & will vote for Maggies boy. You sound like a lefty from the 1970's . Ive been around longer than you guys & know which Party is best for this country long term.
Labour have destroyed the fabric of our society with there minority pleasing left of centre policies & we need to change, its a pity Maggie cant make a comeback those were heady days if you were prepared to work hard & make the effort but many wanted something for nothing im afraid.
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:00 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

From: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Thats your answer, you need another woman at the top although sometimes I think we think of the 'good old' Thatcher days with rose tinted glasses

Which brings me to my point that I am really undecided, I thought I was 100% where my vote was going, but listening to a some of the debates, political broadcasts, researching on the net (where none of the parties have totally outlined their plans) I really don't know, I'm of the thought that they are 'all as bad as each other' too, how do you pick out the best of the crop? There is no silver bullet to save our Country so to speak
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:12 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

UKIP FTW!!!!!
Even though their leader is telling everyone NOT to vote for them, but to vote for the Tories??

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7096640.ece

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
you're not voting for the leader, you're voting for an mp for your area and for a party who's policies best suit you
Everyone seems to miss this fact. The televised debates have turned it into an American style popularity contest, and many people are going to vote based on how well someone comes across on TV. I'd wager that many of the 'voters' on here don't actually know who their local MPs are.

Originally Posted by MadRod
. Ive been around longer than you guys & know which Party is best for this country long term.
Not at all patronising there Rod
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:15 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i've always voted labour but i'm unsure this time.

Conservatives will cut public spending for local governments and unfortunately thats where my wife works and puts everyones job at risk through camerons reduce the waste policy!

Labour for me with regards to the economy have the best manifesto but their immigration policies have ruined this country!

Liberal democrats have imo the best most approachable down to earth leader but I fear they aren't up to the job and they fail to realise the world we live in and as we are the second most powerful "western" country behind the US, it would be suicide to reduce our defence spending and leave ourselves "weak" to terrorism and attacks!

all imo of course.
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:19 AM
Physio
20K+ Super Poster.

I've added a poll for you Dojj
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:21 AM
lead_foot
is awesome

Monster raving loony party
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:28 AM
D16PJM

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
Well i've always voted labour but i'm unsure this time.

Conservatives will cut public spending for local governments and unfortunately thats where my wife works and puts everyones job at risk through camerons reduce the waste policy!

Labour for me with regards to the economy have the best manifesto but their immigration policies have ruined this country!

Liberal democrats have imo the best most approachable down to earth leader but I fear they aren't up to the job and they fail to realise the world we live in and as we are the second most powerful "western" country behind the US, it would be suicide to reduce our defence spending and leave ourselves "weak" to terrorism and attacks!

all imo of course.
the trouble with the lib dems is that pension your wife is paying into would be lost or greatly reduced, not bad if your young but a piss take if you'v paid into it for 20+ years.

Pete
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:29 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Conservatives for me. Get Brown out on his arse. Labour is strangling this country just like they always have. They were handed a country with the groundwork for a strong economy already done and then took the credit for it, before ultimately fucking it up as expected. They've shown time and time again they screw it up and people still don't get it.

Labour are the kings when it comes to statistics. They'll record things in all sorts of different ways to say they've improved this and that. The health service and schools are the best example. Anyone in their right mind knows that schools and the NHS are in a terrible state... hospitals are dirty places where you're more likely to get infected than healed... and they claim to have improved it!!? Crime is another one. What use are statistics that things are getting better when almost all of the general public are feeling the effects of them getting worse? Basically anyone who works hard, lives a good life and has anything to show for it is taxed to death. On the other hand criminals, religious nutcases and scroungers get a walk in the park. I hate their polices, their way of thinking and I'll be gutted if they're running this country for the next however many years...

Last edited by Alan_D; 30-04-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Typo!
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:31 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by MadRod
I care about all of those & will vote for Maggies boy. You sound like a lefty from the 1970's . Ive been around longer than you guys & know which Party is best for this country long term.
Labour have destroyed the fabric of our society with there minority pleasing left of centre policies & we need to change, its a pity Maggie cant make a comeback those were heady days if you were prepared to work hard & make the effort but many wanted something for nothing im afraid.
Could not agree with you more.
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:31 AM
alan12112
Focus St mk2 310 bhp :D

UKIP FTW!!!!!
+1!!

UKIP for me folks, I agree with them more than any other party,

1st ukip
2nd BNP!!
3rd Conservative

We need to ring our troops out of afghanistan and stop medaling in other countrys affairs! Can anyone actually tell me why our boys/my mates are dying out there?

NO!

UKIP all the way
Old 30-04-2010 | 09:55 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

What I find interesting about a lot of the debate I've seen on here; is that many people are saying they won't vote Conservative because they're going to make such ruthless cuts.

Now I really think it's time people woke up and smelt the coffee here. This country is in an absolutely shit state, there is no escaping it, we are well and truly on the rocks. If you think any party can be in government in the next five years and not make MASSIVE cuts to public spending, then you are severely deluded. Who ever gets in, be it Labour, Conservatives, or a coalition with the Lib Dems, then they will all have to massively cut public spending to try and cut the deficit. Brown and Labour can go on about it as much as they like, but the harsh truth is, completely protecting health, education and policing is simply not possible. The next few years are going to hurt everyone, and I think people just need to wake up to it.

I was certain I was going to vote Conservative, though I am now less certain. The Lib Dems say a lot of things which I think many of us find appealing, but I'm really not convinced they have the necessary ability to carry it through, and I'm not really sure a coalition government is the best thing at the moment. With all the disagreement between the three parties, I think whoever was involved in the coalition may just end up not being able to agree on any of the important issues.

One point I found interesting in last night's debate was Brown's attack on Cameron about the NI increase. The constant accusation that Cameron will be taking £6bn out of the economy by not increasing NI next year is starting to get a bit tiresome. He seems to be skirting around the real point there. I don't see how saving a wasted £6bn within government spending is taking money out of the economy. Obviously there is a chance it's all bullshit about making these efficiency savings, but I certainly agree with the principle of it. I'm fed up of the Labour attitude that problems in the public sector can be solved by throwing tens of billions of pounds at it with no regard to what it's actually being spent on, that's contributed to us being in this bloody mess in the first place.
Old 30-04-2010 | 11:47 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by alan12112
+1!!

UKIP for me folks, I agree with them more than any other party,

1st ukip
2nd BNP!!
3rd Conservative

We need to ring our troops out of afghanistan and stop medaling in other countrys affairs! Can anyone actually tell me why our boys/my mates are dying out there?

NO!

UKIP all the way
But don't you think it could be a wasted vote when they aren't going to get in anyway? Just more chance of a hung parliament.

Quick Reply: so who you going to vote for then?