General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: A.D (After debates) Who will you be voting for?
Conservative
30.24%
Labour
12.68%
Liberal
11.22%
UKIP
7.32%
BNP
28.78%
Other
2.93%
Still unsure
6.83%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

so who you going to vote for then?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010 | 10:11 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Too fucking right, could die next week!
Please tell me that was said in jest
Old 08-05-2010 | 12:10 PM
homer j
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojj
but either way it's still fucked up

or are you calling the lib dems nazi's

not at all. the lib dems are far to namby pamby to be nazis. just raising the point that proportional representation leaves the door open for all sorts of nasty extreme left and right parties to gain seats in parliament. some may say well thats democracy but i believe that as a democracy we have a duty to defend people against extremism. the way the voting system is now may seem unfair and in some ways i concede that it is but if it manages to keep the nut jobs out of the seat of power then i'm all for keeping things as they are.
Old 08-05-2010 | 03:31 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by homer j
not at all. the lib dems are far to namby pamby to be nazis. just raising the point that proportional representation leaves the door open for all sorts of nasty extreme left and right parties to gain seats in parliament. some may say well thats democracy but i believe that as a democracy we have a duty to defend people against extremism. the way the voting system is now may seem unfair and in some ways i concede that it is but if it manages to keep the nut jobs out of the seat of power then i'm all for keeping things as they are.
Totally agree. NO electoral system is without it's faults, but the first past the post system is no bad thing. It does deny fair representation to smaller minority parties, such as the Lib dems etc, who although got a large % of overall votes don't get a large % of seats in comparison. However as Tom said, it's a good thing in times of "crisis" such as recession as the country is in now, so people don't take an extreme view and hand power to the likes of the BNP as a quick fix without the fear of a wasted vote.
Look what happened with the Nazi party during the great depression and hyperinflation. Desperate people will hand power to radical parties who tell them what they want to hear AND GIVE THEM SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME .
Saying that, the Nazi party actually did hell of a lot of good things for Germany as well as the bad, so make of it what you will

Last edited by muz; 08-05-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2010 | 04:08 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

so voting for the bnp was a waste of time then?
Old 08-05-2010 | 05:10 PM
muz
Wye Valley Hardcore

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the number of seats they won answers that. However, nearly 600,000 people voted for them which shows for something. I do agree that immigration is a MAJOR problem, however, putting everyone who's not a "wasp" so to speak on a boat and shipping them off isn't the answer. I don't usually comment on political threads as they usually spiral out of control.... Oh no, What have I done lol.