General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.
View Poll Results: A.D (After debates) Who will you be voting for?
Conservative
30.24%
Labour
12.68%
Liberal
11.22%
UKIP
7.32%
BNP
28.78%
Other
2.93%
Still unsure
6.83%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

so who you going to vote for then?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010 | 06:36 PM
Westy
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
No mate, people are fed up with immigrants who come here and freeload. Not the working ones. People are fed up with how they get in certain areas, take over and turn it into a slum area like they have back home.....

fed up of feeling a minority in certain towns / places.
Old 05-05-2010 | 07:07 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No mate, people are fed up with immigrants who come here and freeload. Not the working ones. People are fed up with how they get in certain areas, take over and turn it into a slum area like they have back home.....
Yeah, and bringing their oppressive, backwards thinking culture over here too. If they want to live under any other law than the UK's they can fuck off back home and enjoy stoning their wives to death legally.
Old 05-05-2010 | 10:32 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

but that's part of the arguement mate, if they come over here and pay taxes and stuff they are "stealing our jobs"

if they come over claiming political asylum they are "freeloading"

if they come over here after hijacking a plane they are "let off"

they should be kept in camps and until they are allowed out to roam the streets or put back on a boat that's where they should stay, and fuck the human rights brigade who say otherwise, they had the choise to stay in plenty of other countries before they came here but they know they can work the system and get everything for nothign and so they do
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:18 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

TBH theres far more benefit class CHAV's and home grown scum dragging this country down than immigrants.

The immigrant issue just hits a raw nerve and as a result is blown out of proportion.

I wonder how many of the people who hate immigrants are themselves benefit class scum who havent worked an honest days work in thier lives and dont intend to??? bit hypocritical!!!

Guess immigrants make a good scapegoat!!

Surprisingly similar to how bigoted white americans in the 60s blamed black people for all the countrys problems..............
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:23 AM
botters
competant bodger

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

at the end of the day we are fucked whoever we vote for i myself am voting bnp
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:28 AM
botters
competant bodger

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
TBH theres far more benefit class CHAV's and home grown scum dragging this country down than immigrants.

The immigrant issue just hits a raw nerve and as a result is blown out of proportion.

I wonder how many of the people who hate immigrants are themselves benefit class scum who havent worked an honest days work in thier lives and dont intend to??? bit hypocritical!!!

Surprisingly similar to how bigoted white americans in the 60s blamed black people for all the countrys problems..............
so 100,000+ immigrants a year in an allready overpopulated country isnt a problem?
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:30 AM
botters
competant bodger

Originally Posted by dojj
but that's part of the arguement mate, if they come over here and pay taxes and stuff they are "stealing our jobs"

if they come over claiming political asylum they are "freeloading"

if they come over here after hijacking a plane they are "let off"

they should be kept in camps and until they are allowed out to roam the streets or put back on a boat that's where they should stay, and fuck the human rights brigade who say otherwise, they had the choise to stay in plenty of other countries before they came here but they know they can work the system and get everything for nothign and so they do
nail. head
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:34 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by botters
so 100,000+ immigrants a year in an allready overpopulated country isnt a problem?
you, like many others are blowing it all out of proportion. No ones saying immigration isnt a problem. It IS a problem. Its just not as big as the BNP would like us to believe. Home grown scum far outnumber immigrants causing problems. We have out own brit born workshy loosers and brit born teenage mums popping out 3/4 kids for the benefit income!!!

As i said, immigration has hit a raw nerve with a lot of people despite there being FAR more important issues if people could see past their emotions and fears and look at the bigger picture.
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:50 AM
botters
competant bodger

you, like many others are blowing it all out of proportion. No ones saying immigration isnt a problem. It IS a problem. Its just not as big as the BNP would like us to believe. Home grown scum far outnumber immigrants causing problems. We have out own brit born workshy loosers and brit born teenage mums popping out 3/4 kids for the benefit income!!!

As i said, immigration has hit a raw nerve with a lot of people despite there being FAR more important issues if people could see past their emotions and fears and look at the bigger picture.
allthough i am inclined to agree with you , you cannot deny that immigration is also a massive problem and is the reason i am voting bnp, as i have said in another post it is not because i want them to get in power as lets face it they wont it is in the hope that they get enough votes that when whoever gets voted in realises that the people of this country want and need something to be done about it

but in the long run this country is fucked whoever we vote for
Old 06-05-2010 | 06:06 AM
dojj

immigration isn't the big problem, the big problem is where to put them all because they all tend to head towards the most populated parts of the uk, rather than choose to live in the wilds of scotland or wales where there is more space

this then leads to the squeeze that you see on schools and housing resources where they are groaning to capacity

my son can't get a placement in the school my wife works in, but because a family moved further out last year, and there is a sibling of one of the brothers and sisters who already attend the school, he has been given a place somewhere else

when we've made the pint that my wife will no loonger be able to work because he can't go to that school the council have said "it's not our problem" rather than saying "we understand and will try to work something out"

so if he can't go to that school he's not going, and i blame the immigrants who have come here and have had 10 kids who all move up a year every year, where are they going to go when they leave school? directly to the benifits system beacuse even at 7 and 8, they still can't read or write or count or even eat properly so what hope have they got?

it's not the kids fault because, as an only child, they may have had the support of both parents to further themselves, but no, the benifits system virtually encourages mass over population because then they get a house and a car and loads of free money

my neighbour, bless his little cotton socks, came here in 1990 to visit with his 2 disabled kids, then got married to another wife over here (beacuse apparently they can do that), then got a house, then got it kitted out for his kids, then had another 3 more kids, i mean, wtf went on there?

and yes, before you say anything, the tories were in power then but that's still no excuse, and i'm not the only one who's saying that
Old 06-05-2010 | 06:43 AM
jonathon555
Part of the Furniture

I have voted conservative ! However after seeing the bnp fight video last night they nearly got my vote.

That's how you get votes action not words !
Old 06-05-2010 | 12:02 PM
homer j
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say thats spot on. however, we have to see it as the government bowing to european pressure and EU directives that has caused a lot of the discontent. the current government has had 13 years now to sort this country out and they've failed miserably. they have spent more than ever before but have we seen any benefits? no because the money has been spent on things like police community support officers which are a waste of time. there are now more civil servants than ever and far more government quangos which actually achieve the square root of nothing. when Labour took the reins in 1997 the economy was thriving and was going nowhere but up. Brown did nothing with it and simply allowed it to run it's course and as a result it run out of steam and then stalled nose diving spectacularly into the red. does anyone honestly believe this government has any idea how to handle a failing economy let alone run the country? I certainly don't. they have been caught out lying and stealing, Lord Mandleson has been disgraced several times and yet still holds a post in parliament! and lets not forget, Gordon Brown has not even been elected PM! when John Major took over as conservative leader in 1991 the labour opposition demanded a general election and within six months it was delivered. for three years now Brown has stood in office and has not put it to the public until now. in my eyes this effectively makes the UK a dictatorship. you now cannot hold a demonstration within 1 KM of the houses of parliament and any demonstrations that are to be held need prior approval by the police. our country is becoming more americanised by the day yet people don't seem to see it. we have lost virtually all our civil liberties while convicted criminals get ps3's and tv's and an easy life in prison, not to mention lenient sentences. why is it that the police officers who shot jean charles demenezes at stockwell tube station got away with murder despite damning evidence from multiple eyewitnesses yet the farmer Tony Martin gets locked up for defending his home after the police did nothing to protect him and his property? what about the fact that taxes are higher than ever yet we see no benefits in society such as properly run schools, hospitals, police officers who are properly trained and roads that are properly maintained? how is it that people who never pay into the system are entitled to more hand outs from the government than those who have worked all their life and have sweated blood to make Great Britain great? from looking at the last thirteen years there is no way we can afford to give labour another term in office. the simple facts are that if we do crime will go up, taxes will soar, spending will go down in the places where it should go up and the next generation will grow up without ample education, not even knowing what the holocaust was or who Isambad Kingdom Brunel was. they'll grow up not understanding what the berlin wall was all about or even knowing something simple like where the food on their plates came from. we'll have our rights chopped even more if that is possible, we'll lose our currency to the euro, more and more political control will go to the beaurecrats in brussels and before long our country will be so deep in europes crap that we'll never be able to dig our way out. how many people know that we already have to give a battalion of infantry over to european defence duties? anybody here want the germans or the french to decide what or armed forces do? I know I don't. anybody who votes for labour in my mind is consigning this country to a deeper darker version of what we have now, a weak currency and economy, ridiculous taxation, errosion of our civil liberties, more political correctness, the list is endless. people, take a long hard look at the facts for they are out there for everyone to see, then think long and hard before voting.
Old 06-05-2010 | 05:37 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by homer j
I have to say thats spot on. however, we have to see it as the government bowing to european pressure and EU directives that has caused a lot of the discontent. the current government has had 13 years now to sort this country out and they've failed miserably. they have spent more than ever before but have we seen any benefits? no because the money has been spent on things like police community support officers which are a waste of time. there are now more civil servants than ever and far more government quangos which actually achieve the square root of nothing. when Labour took the reins in 1997 the economy was thriving and was going nowhere but up. Brown did nothing with it and simply allowed it to run it's course and as a result it run out of steam and then stalled nose diving spectacularly into the red. does anyone honestly believe this government has any idea how to handle a failing economy let alone run the country? I certainly don't. they have been caught out lying and stealing, Lord Mandleson has been disgraced several times and yet still holds a post in parliament! and lets not forget, Gordon Brown has not even been elected PM! when John Major took over as conservative leader in 1991 the labour opposition demanded a general election and within six months it was delivered. for three years now Brown has stood in office and has not put it to the public until now. in my eyes this effectively makes the UK a dictatorship. you now cannot hold a demonstration within 1 KM of the houses of parliament and any demonstrations that are to be held need prior approval by the police. our country is becoming more americanised by the day yet people don't seem to see it. we have lost virtually all our civil liberties while convicted criminals get ps3's and tv's and an easy life in prison, not to mention lenient sentences. why is it that the police officers who shot jean charles demenezes at stockwell tube station got away with murder despite damning evidence from multiple eyewitnesses yet the farmer Tony Martin gets locked up for defending his home after the police did nothing to protect him and his property? what about the fact that taxes are higher than ever yet we see no benefits in society such as properly run schools, hospitals, police officers who are properly trained and roads that are properly maintained? how is it that people who never pay into the system are entitled to more hand outs from the government than those who have worked all their life and have sweated blood to make Great Britain great? from looking at the last thirteen years there is no way we can afford to give labour another term in office. the simple facts are that if we do crime will go up, taxes will soar, spending will go down in the places where it should go up and the next generation will grow up without ample education, not even knowing what the holocaust was or who Isambad Kingdom Brunel was. they'll grow up not understanding what the berlin wall was all about or even knowing something simple like where the food on their plates came from. we'll have our rights chopped even more if that is possible, we'll lose our currency to the euro, more and more political control will go to the beaurecrats in brussels and before long our country will be so deep in europes crap that we'll never be able to dig our way out. how many people know that we already have to give a battalion of infantry over to european defence duties? anybody here want the germans or the french to decide what or armed forces do? I know I don't. anybody who votes for labour in my mind is consigning this country to a deeper darker version of what we have now, a weak currency and economy, ridiculous taxation, errosion of our civil liberties, more political correctness, the list is endless. people, take a long hard look at the facts for they are out there for everyone to see, then think long and hard before voting.
dictatorship is spot on, unelected and despised by the majority

any newly elected member of parliment should have a 3 month probationary period and then there should be a re-election to ensure that the elected person is still the best person for the job
Old 06-05-2010 | 10:19 PM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

any newly elected member of parliment should have a 3 month probationary period and then there should be a re-election to ensure that the elected person is still the best person for the job
possibly one of the most snesible things you've ever said.
Old 07-05-2010 | 07:00 AM
dojj

ealing has been won by labour

so that means we are fucked
Old 07-05-2010 | 07:53 AM
jonathon555
Part of the Furniture

Ealing has gone to con
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:11 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathon555
I have voted conservative ! However after seeing the bnp fight video last night they nearly got my vote.
You honestly thought about changing your vote because you saw a You Tube clip of a man having a fight with a guy who spat in his face??? WTF!
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:17 AM
homer j

ealing has been won by labour

so that means we are fucked

to be perfectly honest buddy the whole country is now fucked. the conservatives will not get the majority they need so we'll have a hung parliament. brown won't resign because he's a fucking limpet and as a result will try to forge a deal with nick clegg, who being hungry for power will most likely form a lib dem/labour coalition. then we'll be really fucked because the pink and fluffy brigade will really take hold, taxes will sore, national debt will soar, you name it it'll change and don't for one second kid yourself that any of it will be for the better.
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:19 AM
gaz s1
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by homer j
to be perfectly honest buddy the whole country is now fucked. the conservatives will not get the majority they need so we'll have a hung parliament. brown won't resign because he's a fucking limpet and as a result will try to forge a deal with nick clegg, who being hungry for power will most likely form a lib dem/labour coalition. then we'll be really fucked because the pink and fluffy brigade will really take hold, taxes will sore, national debt will soar, you name it it'll change and don't for one second kid yourself that any of it will be for the better.
and the tories would do any better, i dont think so
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:23 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by gaz s1
I'd rather have one party leading us, than an awkward coalition formed purely to maintain a position of power.
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:28 AM
gaz s1

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I'd rather have one party leading us, than an awkward coalition formed purely to maintain a position of power.
we live in a democracy, i think its a damnation of the tories that despite the hatred of labour and brown people still dont trust the tories to run this country and i for one agree with them, dont give any of em total power as they will abuse it.
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:28 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

You might not be better of in the short-term, but the country certainly would be in the long-term. Labour voters don't think about that though. They're fine as long as taxes stay low and everyone's kept happy... there's the small issue of what happens later down the line, but we'll not get bogged down on that, we've got to enjoy ourselves and forget about it.
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:31 AM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
I care about all of those & will vote for Maggies boy. You sound like a lefty from the 1970's . Ive been around longer than you guys & know which Party is best for this country long term.
Labour have destroyed the fabric of our society with there minority pleasing left of centre policies & we need to change, its a pity Maggie cant make a comeback those were heady days if you were prepared to work hard & make the effort but many wanted something for nothing im afraid.
Could not agree more!
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:39 AM
gaz s1

Originally Posted by Alan_D
You might not be better of in the short-term, but the country certainly would be in the long-term. Labour voters don't think about that though. They're fine as long as taxes stay low and everyone's kept happy... there's the small issue of what happens later down the line, but we'll not get bogged down on that, we've got to enjoy ourselves and forget about it.
the tories aint no better, none of the parties think in the long term as if they applied policies they would be voted out at the next election and thats the way its always been
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:57 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

the tories aint no better, none of the parties think in the long term as if they applied policies they would be voted out at the next election and thats the way its always been
Thatcher did. Why do you think people hate her now? She had the balls to make all the decisions she had to. The Tories made Britain Great again. What legacy does labour have? Same as always... broken, and without its identity too. More like a dictatorship where your every move is watched on CCTV, they wanted ID cards, etc etc. Racial equality, which actually equates to Muslims having some sort of elevated status so that they aren't upset! They live in a fantasy FFS, and WE have to avoid upsetting ISLAM?! These are the left of centre policies of Gordon Brown's brilliant party. Total control is what they want, not freedom for the individual to make a go of things if they work hard enough. Fuck, if you work hard under Labour's government you are punished for it rather than rewarded. Meanwhile your taxes are sent off to junkies who need methadone or some slapper that had 10 kids by 'accident'. She'll probably have a more comfortable life sitting watching J Kyle that you will working your guts out.

Last edited by Alan_D; 07-05-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-05-2010 | 09:13 AM
gaz s1

Thatcher did. Why do you think people hate her now? She had the balls to make all the decisions she had to. The Tories made Britain Great again. What legacy does labour have? Same as always... broken, and without its identity too. More like a dictatorship where your every move is watched on CCTV, they wanted ID cards, etc etc. Racial equality, which actually equates to Muslims having some sort of elevated status so that they aren't upset! They live in a fantasy FFS, and WE have to avoid upsetting ISLAM?! These are the left of centre policies of Gordon Brown's brilliant party. Total control is what they want, not freedom for the individual to make a go of things if they work hard enough. Fuck, if you work hard under Labour's government you are punished for it rather than rewarded. Meanwhile your taxes are sent off to junkies who need methadone or some slapper that had 10 kids by 'accident'. She'll probably have a more comfortable life sitting watching J Kyle that you will working your guts out.
sorry mate but i dont remember britain being great under maggie, yea she bashed the argies but all i remember is being skint exactly the same as i am now and lets face it she lost the plot in the end, the poll tax being the final nail in her coffin.
Old 07-05-2010 | 09:21 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

sorry mate but i dont remember britain being great under maggie, yea she bashed the argies but all i remember is being skint exactly the same as i am now and lets face it she lost the plot in the end, the poll tax being the final nail in her coffin.
It wasn't good for a lot of people in the 80s, but towards the end and into the nineties, that's when the things she had done started to take effect. That's what I mean when I say there's a difference between what's good and keeps people happy in the short-term and what's the right thing to do for the future of the country. When the changes she made took effect Britain was booming again.

Compare that to what Labour and the unions did before her? It doesn't even bear thinking about.
Old 07-05-2010 | 09:33 AM
gaz s1

It wasn't good for a lot of people in the 80s, but towards the end and into the nineties, that's when the things she had done started to take effect. That's what I mean when I say there's a difference between what's good and keeps people happy in the short-term and what's the right thing to do for the future of the country. When the changes she made took effect Britain was booming again.

Compare that to what Labour and the unions did before her? It doesn't even bear thinking about.
this is the problem the public trust no one which is why no one will have a majority, the irony is its our crazy electoral system which the tories dont want to change but are now moaning that they have the most seats but cant form a government, tory hipocrisy at its finest
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:23 PM
Joshy
Dreamer

why does everyone compare the parties on what's gonna happen in the "present". im voting conservitive, not because i hate labour (browns a clown though) but because the conservitives are honest when they talk about cuts, dont think that any of the parties wont make cuts, and they wont say what there going to cut, imigration can be a problem, put it dosent have to be... no one knows how big the problem is, and this has happend under labour, not a labour/consurvitive/UKIP/BNP/Lib DEM hung parliment. "LABOUR" F**KED this one up, im not saying tories wouldent have messed it up, but in my eyes, when someone messes up, you step down and someone else gives it there best.

me and my dad live in a tiny flat oposite a coincil estate, im probebly not going to benefit from the tories getting in but the country will.

also, conservitive are the only party that arnt going to imediatly pull troops out of afghanistan, and being in the armed forces, im rooting for that.........
Old 07-05-2010 | 01:44 PM
arch

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You see mate, problem is most of Scotland voted labour( actually, was it all bar one seat), probably just to pee us off even more.

The next load of labour seats are from a majority of inner city areas, full of free loading idiots. Not all are, I will grant you but we are all allowed to generalise on here. Quite a few from up North who will never vote Tory, due to history (not it would seem on future for everyone, but history). Also seems that the more 'industrial' seats are where families tend to follow whoever their previous generations did.

If you look at most of the Cons seats they are from slightly more affluent areas, where most folks thing about the bigger picture (and by that I do not mean a plasma one).

Please note, this is a whacking generalisation so there will always be differences.
Old 07-05-2010 | 02:38 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by arch
You see mate, problem is most of Scotland voted labour( actually, was it all bar one seat), probably just to pee us off even more.

The next load of labour seats are from a majority of inner city areas, full of free loading idiots. Not all are, I will grant you but we are all allowed to generalise on here. Quite a few from up North who will never vote Tory, due to history (not it would seem on future for everyone, but history). Also seems that the more 'industrial' seats are where families tend to follow whoever their previous generations did.

If you look at most of the Cons seats they are from slightly more affluent areas, where most folks thing about the bigger picture (and by that I do not mean a plasma one).

Please note, this is a whacking generalisation so there will always be differences.
Totally agree with you. There will be plenty of young guys from estates in Glasgow voting who don't actually think... they've just been told by their dad that 'you will vote Labour, because the Tories are stuck up pricks' etc. They have a right to vote though, so that's life. Most of them get pretty angry when you talk about the good the Tories would do, but they can't form any kind of arguement against you, it's all just in the petty hatred that goes back a few decades.
Old 07-05-2010 | 03:03 PM
homer j

Originally Posted by pepa.xr.mi
why does everyone compare the parties on what's gonna happen in the "present". im voting conservitive, not because i hate labour (browns a clown though) but because the conservitives are honest when they talk about cuts, dont think that any of the parties wont make cuts, and they wont say what there going to cut, imigration can be a problem, put it dosent have to be... no one knows how big the problem is, and this has happend under labour, not a labour/consurvitive/UKIP/BNP/Lib DEM hung parliment. "LABOUR" F**KED this one up, im not saying tories wouldent have messed it up, but in my eyes, when someone messes up, you step down and someone else gives it there best.

me and my dad live in a tiny flat oposite a coincil estate, im probebly not going to benefit from the tories getting in but the country will.

also, conservitive are the only party that arnt going to imediatly pull troops out of afghanistan, and being in the armed forces, im rooting for that.........

sorry mate but could you elaborate on why you're rooting for the government to keeps us in afghanistan? i'd really like to hear this befroe i throw my two pence into the equation.
Old 07-05-2010 | 03:23 PM
Joshy
Dreamer

because we commited to it, if it was right or not at the time is irelevent, we commited to it alongside numerous other contry's and member states of NATO, we being the second largest contingent behind america, and with germany being 3rd, represent a large proportion of the troops stationed in the country at the moment, also, we are operating alongside america in one of the most violent and unstable provinces in afghanistan, helmond. when we commited to it we knew it would be a long and drawn out affair, and we did. to release controle of the region now would put friendly forces operating all over the country in a bad state.

i know its not a nice place and people are dyeing out there every week, but if you ask me, and most other soldiers, most of us want to get out there and make a difference.

i respect all opinions and welcome others to post what there views are, but that is mine.

And before anyone comments, i volunteered to deploy back in january for Cortez 2011 (the TA operation)
Old 07-05-2010 | 03:40 PM
saph_Al

Im a little confused , Call me thick but politic's isn't a strong suit of mine.How acctually won the election then of has it not been announced ? what is a hung parliment , Sorry for my stupidity , Cheers Ally
Old 07-05-2010 | 04:00 PM
homer j

Originally Posted by pepa.xr.mi
because we commited to it, if it was right or not at the time is irelevent, we commited to it alongside numerous other contry's and member states of NATO, we being the second largest contingent behind america, and with germany being 3rd, represent a large proportion of the troops stationed in the country at the moment, also, we are operating alongside america in one of the most violent and unstable provinces in afghanistan, helmond. when we commited to it we knew it would be a long and drawn out affair, and we did. to release controle of the region now would put friendly forces operating all over the country in a bad state.

i know its not a nice place and people are dyeing out there every week, but if you ask me, and most other soldiers, most of us want to get out there and make a difference.

i respect all opinions and welcome others to post what there views are, but that is mine.

And before anyone comments, i volunteered to deploy back in january for Cortez 2011 (the TA operation)

point to note fella, edit the above out about ops. not a good idea mentioning it online.

back on topic though, i'm in kabul right now and can't see as we're making any difference. the majority have fuck all and those that do want nothing to do with sorting out povety in the city. i see babies sat in the middle of the roads here everyday, kids stood at the wire hoping we'll stop and buy something form them or throw them some chocolate or whatever. kids play with calor gas canistors here because they have no footballs or cricket bats. we've been here for nine years now. do you not think that if we were going to make a difference we would have already? the government pulled us out of iraq because british oil companies got oil drilling rights there. we didn't come close to making that country better. what makes you think afghanistan will be any different? as soon as this place gives us what the politicians want we'll be back on the big gozome bird faster than you know. personally i'm here because i know i can provide the best possible support to troops out in the fobs and that in my mind is what motivates me to volunteer for tours out here. just so you know, i'm on my second tour of afghanistan and i was in basra in 2007. i'm not here for the afghan people and certainly not to prop up the government of that crooked shit hamid karzai. and on another point you raised, i don't give two shits about our so called allies. the americans look down on us and use us as pawns, the french don't want anything to do with us and most other nato contries don't have the balls to put their troops where they are needed so if we pull out and leave them to it then so what.
Old 07-05-2010 | 05:09 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by saph_Al
Im a little confused , Call me thick but politic's isn't a strong suit of mine.How acctually won the election then of has it not been announced ? what is a hung parliment , Sorry for my stupidity , Cheers Ally

to "win" you have to win "outright" which means more than half the share of the seats

as there are currently 650 seats up for grabs, to "win" you need to be holding 326 of those seats

so even though they won "the most" they dind't "win" and gorden can still be prime minster even though he dind't "win" because he didn't "lose"

the biggest loser was the lib dems, who got 6 million votes but only 50 seats, compared to labour who got 8 million votes and 250 seats whith the conversatives doing 10 million votes and getting 300 seats

this is wht the proportional representation thing is all about, the seats should be voted for on an equal footing because you can have 20,000 majority in one constituency of 21,000 and win or a 1 vote majority where only 5 peole turn up and win that seat, even though you've had 21,005 peole voting and you polled 20,001 of the votes
Old 07-05-2010 | 05:12 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by arch
where most folks thing about the bigger picture (and by that I do not mean a plasma one).
Old 07-05-2010 | 05:55 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Too fucking right, could die next week!
Old 07-05-2010 | 07:48 PM
homer j

to "win" you have to win "outright" which means more than half the share of the seats

as there are currently 650 seats up for grabs, to "win" you need to be holding 326 of those seats

so even though they won "the most" they dind't "win" and gorden can still be prime minster even though he dind't "win" because he didn't "lose"

the biggest loser was the lib dems, who got 6 million votes but only 50 seats, compared to labour who got 8 million votes and 250 seats whith the conversatives doing 10 million votes and getting 300 seats

this is wht the proportional representation thing is all about, the seats should be voted for on an equal footing because you can have 20,000 majority in one constituency of 21,000 and win or a 1 vote majority where only 5 peole turn up and win that seat, even though you've had 21,005 peole voting and you polled 20,001 of the votes

point to note there mate, it was proportional representation that allowed the nazis a foothold in germany in the 1930's. knowing that i'd happily settle for the current system of first past the post.
Old 07-05-2010 | 08:25 PM
dojj

but either way it's still fucked up

or are you calling the lib dems nazi's

Quick Reply: so who you going to vote for then?