General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report

Search this Thread

Old 18-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Danw, exactly, to the people saying an unisured driver is none of your business, thats only the case if you are uninsured yourself, cause if you are insured then they are costing you personally money, its that simple!
Old 18-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Ima Racing
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord

As for anyone who dislikes 'grasses' - when you're left to pick up the pieces after being hit by an uninsured driver, don't come boo-hooing on here.

...no i dont like grasses but fortunately the world is full of em...so no need to come crying here
Old 18-03-2010, 02:01 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
...no i dont like grasses but fortunately the world is full of em
I don't understand the contradiction? If you like grasses then it's 'fortunate', if you don't like them it's 'unfortunate' surely? Or are you just being argumentative?
Old 18-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well a wee question to all the informers who like to stick there noses in others peoples business..
im sure there is a good few folk on this thread that are saying they would grass them up if they were breaking the law as the laws there to be upheld and they think they are some sort of super vigilante...
so none of you know of your friends breaking the law ever? maybe smoking a little pot or if your local was having a lock in would you go straight to the cop shop? as this "may" also effect you in some way..
Old 18-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Ima Racing

Originally Posted by Daviet
well a wee question to all the informers who like to stick there noses in others peoples business..
im sure there is a good few folk on this thread that are saying they would grass them up if they were breaking the law as the laws there to be upheld and they think they are some sort of super vigilante...
so none of you know of your friends breaking the law ever? maybe smoking a little pot or if your local was having a lock in would you go straight to the cop shop? as this "may" also effect you in some way..
Well said.

The way i see it is if you see a crime you intervene depending on your conscience/the type of crime, or you turn the other cheek.

In this case the person needs to be talked to and warned of the snakes and the risks if caught or if they crashed and the possible outcomes. After this, it is up to them, you have done your bit, walk away and forget about it.
Old 18-03-2010, 04:16 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

I fail to see how the two are comparable. Someone having a toot, or a lock-in isn't going to negatively affect anyone. Not paying for insurance is. Read post number 81.

Originally Posted by Ima Racing
The way i see it is if you see a crime you intervene depending on your conscience/the type of crime, or you turn the other cheek.
I agree, but not in the same way as you - I personally wouldn't call the cops over some skanky soap dodger not paying insurance (largely because I wouldn't want any repercussions on my family), but have no problem with someone who chooses to do so. It's the kind of crime, like benefit fraud, that takes the piss out of regular hard working individuals who have to give up cash out of their own pockets because the cheat is too selfish/idle/stupid to take care of themselves.

I suppose it all depends on which way your moral compass points!

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 18-03-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 04:41 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Isaac.Hunt
Some people really cannot appreciate anything which is not made absolutely obvious. Mr Brannen seems to be one such individual.

I don't see why some people are trying to hard to educate him on the positives of not being ignorant of the pitfalls of letting uninsured drivers carry on without penalty. He will only reply with ''so there''.

I'd personally be happy to be reported as being a suspected uninsured driver, who cares? If it happened, I can prove I'm insured and I'd be happy to know that the potential risks of such actions are being taken seriously. I honestly would not care if someone ''grassed'' me up. If that is the maturity level demonstrated here then it is quite appauling.

Many people without insurance are as such as they do not qualify for insurance or are at such a high risk that their premiums are large, which is why many don't take out cover. People without a license, modified cars deemed too fast for their driving experience to command a lower premium, ex drink drivers, those with unroadworthy cars, etc. There are fewer people who have been driving years that don't bother to get insurance as by 40+ with no points insurance is cheap compared to the other costs of car ownership.
Isaac, go and take all of your 114 posts and along with your shit name go and fuck of, you dont know me so dont start judging me, all im trying to say is i wouldnt bother grassing him if it didnt directly affect me, may not be to everyones liking but thats just me, ask anyone that knows me on here and they will tell you im decent , but i will repeat it again he doesnt even know if the guy isnt insured or not ITS JUST A HUNCH.
Old 18-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Pretty much sums up all of what ive been trying to tell these numpties, they probably all have friends who snort coke, its a crime its a class A drug FFS but I bet they turn a blind eye, gonna have to agree to disagree i think .
Old 18-03-2010, 04:47 PM
cossiejay

everyone has a opinion weather it is right or wrong each to there own folks have to live by what they belive,this post is like a soap opera now with all the bitching but this is how most posts end up on here
Old 18-03-2010, 04:53 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

It's nothing to do with being a vigillante - it's to do with being fucked off that some people think it's fine for us to pay their insurance for them. If you think that's ok, then you're a mug!
Old 18-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
Isaac, go and take all of your 114 posts and along with your shit name go and fuck of, you dont know me so dont start judging me
I've only quoted some of what you have said as to be honest, it's about the longest sentence I've ever seen.

I should ''fuck of'' because I implied you were ignorant? Fabulous, point proven to the letter. As for take your ''shit name go and fuck of'', is that a genuine insult, really? Dear lord. As for the latter ''you dont know me so dont start judging me', hypocrite?

Regarding ''it is just a hunch'', so are most things. I do not think the likes of Crimewatch ask for you to shop somebody for murder if you can prove beyond all reasonable doubt that they did it, just if someone in the area came home with blood on their clothes. It is for the CPS to prosecute, not somebody from an internet forum. As I said previously, I would be happy to be shopped for suspected no insurance. I can quite easily prove I am insured. Most insured people would be happy enough to be checked for insurance as at least it proves the police are doing something proactive.

Last edited by Isaac.Hunt; 18-03-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Oranoco
Professional Waffler

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

It's nothing to do with being a vigillante - it's to do with being fucked off that some people think it's fine for us to pay their insurance for them. If you think that's ok, then you're a mug!
Ditto, And if they've not bothered to get insurance, what else have they neglected? Driving lisecence, tax, basic maintenance?

Ł30 or so of my premium every year goes out to pay for the selfish fucks who think they have a right to not pay for the things everybody else does.
Old 18-03-2010, 05:26 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Oranoco
Ł30 or so of my premium every year goes out to pay for the selfish fucks who think they have a right to not pay for the things everybody else does.
Maybe Mr Brannen, Ima and co can volunteer to up their premiums by a few hundred quid so we don't have to pay for the free-loaders. They obviously don't mind so it's only fair that they stump up extra cash.

Wonder how quickly they'd turn into 'grasses' if that happened!
Old 18-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Maybe Mr Brannen, Ima and co can volunteer to up their premiums by a few hundred quid so we don't have to pay for the free-loaders. They obviously don't mind so it's only fair that they stump up extra cash.

Wonder how quickly they'd turn into 'grasses' if that happened!
tbh dan its just another thread full of hypocrisy on a forum where everyone in breaks the law every day because if everyone here speeds ect ect ect ect

my personal opinion on grassing is i would cut there fuckin tongue out so couldn't tell another soul nothing
Old 18-03-2010, 05:50 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The intelligence of some people on here honestly amazes me.

'Its ok until something happens'

'a grass is a grass, but its ok to grass in certain situations'

'no ones hit my kids in an un-insured car hyet so its none of my business'
'its none of my business, even though i pay extra for these to drive around illegally'.

I mean, come on, some of the comments on here are getting ridiculous now. At least if you have an opinion, make sure you can defend it properly instead of just rambling on, making the hole deeper.

I think some people are missing the whole point here, and just cannot understand the basics of whats being said. Comes down to basic morals i suppose, i dunno.
Old 18-03-2010, 05:54 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jay_
my personal opinion on grassing is i would cut there fuckin tongue out so couldn't tell another soul nothing
Interesting that mate. Out of interest, would you cut the tongue out of the bloke that told the police who mugged your mum/sister/nan, or would you give him a pat on the back?

Or is it ok to 'grass' as long as they dont 'grass' on you?
Old 18-03-2010, 05:57 PM
Isaac.Hunt

Originally Posted by S1rst
The intelligence of some people on here honestly amazes me.

'Its ok until something happens'

'a grass is a grass, but its ok to grass in certain situations'

'no ones hit my kids in an un-insured car hyet so its none of my business'
'its none of my business, even though i pay extra for these to drive around illegally'.

I mean, come on, some of the comments on here are getting ridiculous now. At least if you have an opinion, make sure you can defend it properly instead of just rambling on, making the hole deeper.

I think some people are missing the whole point here, and just cannot understand the basics of whats being said. Comes down to basic morals i suppose, i dunno.
You are trying too hard to educate. If the education system tried as hard as you do some of these people would still be there.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:01 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting that mate. Out of interest, would you cut the tongue out of the bloke that told the police who mugged your mum/sister/nan, or would you give him a pat on the back?

If you didn't quite catch the drift of the post he was trying to show how hard he was, why would he even bother with the police if he would cut someones tongue out
Old 18-03-2010, 06:02 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

If that's the case Jay I would use your Mod powers to delete ANY thread where someone wants to get their stolen car back! Obviously the owners want people to 'grass' so they can get their cars back, which in your book is punishable by physical mutilation.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

forgive me if im wrong but dont we have a police force to keep us protected and to bring justice to criminals so the cunts should earn there money

and i have the same compassion with the police as i do grasses ! my old man was a copper and since leaving home at 16 ive managed to only speak to the prick once a year at best
Old 18-03-2010, 06:08 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

jay as a mod then how would you go on if someone reported something to you via a pm about someone else???
Old 18-03-2010, 06:09 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Originally Posted by danneth
If you didn't quite catch the drift of the post he was trying to show how hard he was, why would he even bother with the police if he would cut someones tongue out
Anyone who knows Jay knows he doesnt have to TRY to show how hard he is.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:12 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Originally Posted by CossieRich

so its just the online attention he craves then
Old 18-03-2010, 06:13 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

If that's the case Jay I would use your Mod powers to delete ANY thread where someone wants to get their stolen car back! Obviously the owners want people to 'grass' so they can get their cars back, which in your book is punishable by physical mutilation.
this can go on forever and a day wish i never replied now

but cars recovered through word and mouth is different to running to the feds make of it what you will but you need to have certain codes in life and can spend all night typing mine but i aint lol
Old 18-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by danneth
jay as a mod then how would you go on if someone reported something to you via a pm about someone else???
i work to rules of a forum mate but its hardly important real life police courts prison stuff is it

Last edited by Jay,; 18-03-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Isaac.Hunt

forgive me if im wrong but dont we have a police force to keep us protected and to bring justice to criminals so the cunts should earn there money

and i have the same compassion with the police as i do grasses ! my old man was a copper and since leaving home at 16 ive managed to only speak to the prick once a year at best
I agree here, which is why I would report it. I don't trust most police officers to be able to put their shirts on the right way let alone find out anything without being spoon fed.

I have been told an experience by a family member in the last week regarding a force in London investigating a crime ''well, we were going to arrest him but now we now don't know where he's gone'' because it's taken them a good month to manage to turn the pages on their file. I really don't know what to say! Doesn't inspire confidence.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:23 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Jay, question for you. Say your car gets TWOC'd and I know the bloke who's nicked it. Are you saying you wouldn't want me to tell you who he was? Yes or no answer please.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

LOL read above about word and mouth and authorities that answers it
Old 18-03-2010, 06:25 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

i work to rules of a forum mate but its hardly important real life police courts prison stuff is it
so is your problem with the police or grasses and you seem to contradict yourself alot
Old 18-03-2010, 06:29 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

LOL read above about word and mouth and authorities that answers it
Ok, fair enough.

Different question - are you happy to pay an extra 100 a year insurance to pay for the insurance dodgers? If so you can team up with Ima and Mr Brannen. If I can find enough people like you to pay a bit extra, it means that the selfish ones like me won't have to pay any extra. You up for that?
Old 18-03-2010, 06:37 PM
danfisher
Focus Power!

Originally Posted by Ollie.
I know where you're coming from but a grass is a grass.
Yeah a grass is a grass but so what if they ran over you and you had to struggle to live cause they couldn't pay compo, theres no shame in grassing.
Old 18-03-2010, 06:43 PM
cossiejay

Originally Posted by CossieRich
there is always someone harder in this world
Old 18-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Ok, fair enough.

Different question - are you happy to pay an extra 100 a year insurance to pay for the insurance dodgers? If so you can team up with Ima and Mr Brannen. If I can find enough people like you to pay a bit extra, it means that the selfish ones like me won't have to pay any extra. You up for that?
if the government took the 68% tax off insurance (thats fuckin criminal in its self ) the selfish people like youir self would find insurance a lot easier to afford then there would be a lot less people without it
Old 18-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

If one of you were having a play in your Cossie' and I filmed you and told the Police, because you could injure someone, would you be happy about it? Would you fuck! If one of the popular members came on here and said someone reported him for being on the phone or for speeding, you'd all be replying and slagging said person off for being a grass and a cunt. And don't come it with the 'I wouldn't' because I'd put my life on the fact that you would.

You're all hypocrits, and you all break the law, and you'd all be annoyed if someone grassed you to the Police be it only a small offence. Unless you go round like the Pope, and live like a Nun, I suggest you keep to your own business and leave the hypocricy to someone else.

Benni.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I fail to see how the two are comparable. Someone having a toot, or a lock-in isn't going to negatively affect anyone. Not paying for insurance is. Read post number 81.

ok.so you dont know anyone who takes drugs??
do you not think the drug trade costs lifes and money to the taxpayer also?
could go round in circles for ever,some find it wrong some dont.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Benni
If one of you were having a play in your Cossie' and I filmed you and told the Police, because you could injure someone, would you be happy about it? Would you fuck! If one of the popular members came on here and said someone reported him for being on the phone or for speeding, you'd all be replying and slagging said person off for being a grass and a cunt. And don't come it with the 'I wouldn't' because I'd put my life on the fact that you would.

You're all hypocrits, and you all break the law, and you'd all be annoyed if someone grassed you to the Police be it only a small offence. Unless you go round like the Pope, and live like a Nun, I suggest you keep to your own business and leave the hypocricy to someone else.

Benni.
Amen
Old 18-03-2010, 07:36 PM
xr_craig
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I still can't believe we're all arguing about this. To be honest i can see Mr Brannens point. It's only a minor issue really and if you keep yourself to yourself then chances are you wouldn't even find out he's uninsured. Obviously if you did find out then it's up to you to make that choice.

As for a grass is a grass and hating them etc i couldn't care less - if i saw someone hurt someone else then i'd say something. They deserve all they get. If they want to hurt me as a result then go for it. Alternatively fucking grow up.

The only people i'd never grass on is friends/family. I know it's probably not the best attitude but as far as i'm concerned their what matters.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

ok.so you dont know anyone who takes drugs??
do you not think the drug trade costs lifes and money to the taxpayer also?
could go round in circles for ever,some find it wrong some dont.
Exactly, all fuckin hypocrites
Old 18-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by xr_craig
I still can't believe we're all arguing about this. To be honest i can see Mr Brannens point. It's only a minor issue really and if you keep yourself to yourself then chances are you wouldn't even find out he's uninsured. Obviously if you did find out then it's up to you to make that choice.

As for a grass is a grass and hating them etc i couldn't care less - if i saw someone hurt someone else then i'd say something. They deserve all they get. If they want to hurt me as a result then go for it. Alternatively fucking grow up.

The only people i'd never grass on is friends/family. I know it's probably not the best attitude but as far as i'm concerned their what matters.
Thanks mate, glad someones seeing my point
Old 18-03-2010, 07:43 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Benni

Benni.
I don't talk on the phone while driving, and if someone grasses me up for driving like a dick, sure I'd be pissed, but I wouldn't shoot my mouth off if I was actually in the wrong, I'd be embarassed.

I deeply resent paying money for someone else's insurance. I resent that each month a portion of my working day is spent earning money for some freeloader. There's nothing hypocritical whatsoever about my views.

Can I add you to the Ima, Brannen, Jay list then? Before long I'll have enough kind people so I don't have to.

Quick Reply: A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report