General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report

Search this Thread

Old 18-03-2010, 07:50 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I don't talk on the phone while driving, and if someone grasses me up for driving like a dick, sure I'd be pissed, but I wouldn't shoot my mouth off if I was actually in the wrong, I'd be embarassed.
You'd be more than embarassed and I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with the person who told the Police. Let's be honest, if I told the Police about you doing 40 in a 30, you'd hate me for it and there's no two ways about it.

Benni.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:50 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviet
ok.so you dont know anyone who takes drugs??
do you not think the drug trade costs lifes and money to the taxpayer also?
could go round in circles for ever,some find it wrong some dont.
Yeah, I know a lot of people who do. But it's not like an Afganistan Opium farm, it's guys growing some weed in their shed. Hardly 'the drugs trade'. If there was anyone dealing hard drugs local to me then I'd be delighted to grass them up. But recreational drugs don't really show up on my 'naughty radar'

I suppose all this depends on a) what you consider to be acceptable in the world of grassing, and b) how serious you think the 'crime' is.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:55 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Benni
You'd be more than embarassed and I'm sure you wouldn't be happy with the person who told the Police. Let's be honest, if I told the Police about you doing 40 in a 30, you'd hate me for it and there's no two ways about it.

Benni.
And your point is? You're not comparing like with like Benni, so I don't see what you're getting at. If you told the police I was doing 40 in a 30 they'd do fuck all.

I'd be a hypocrite if I was spouting all this and had no insurance myself, but not having insurance and speeding are utterly unrelated.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by CossieRich
Anyone who knows Jay knows he doesnt have to TRY to show how hard he is.
Please remove your tongue from his arse and fuck off. No one cares about your opinion.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

And your point is? You're not comparing like with like Benni, so I don't see what you're getting at. If you told the police I was doing 40 in a 30 they'd do fuck all.

I'd be a hypocrite if I was spouting all this and had no insurance myself, but not having insurance and speeding are utterly unrelated.
The fact of the matter is you'll grass someone up for breaking the law, and you often go out and break it yourself. This is one of those debates that will go round in circles. I think grassing someone up is lower than low, and you don't. We'll never agree, regardless.

Benni.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:02 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

How can you compare having no insurance to speeding? I can see that you're trying to prove a point, I just don't know what point it is you're trying to make.

Also, it may just be because i'm selfish - But my issue isn't really with the illegality, it's with the fact that I'm having to pay some other cunt's insurance.

Last edited by DanW@FastFord; 18-03-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Received 407 Likes on 329 Posts

Can I add you to the Ima, Brannen, Jay list then? Before long I'll have enough kind people so I don't have to.
lobby government as its there high tax thats physically raised insurance more than uninsured drivers ! so if there wasnt so much tax on it then it would be alot cheaper so then less people not having it
Old 18-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Ginger Will

Originally Posted by Jay_
lobby government as its there high tax thats physically raised insurance more than uninsured drivers ! so if there wasnt so much tax on it then it would be alot cheaper so then less people not having it
How do you calculate the 68% tax you mention earlier? I would assume we pay (those of us who bother) 17.5% Vat then 5% insurance premium tax. Where does the rest come from?
Old 18-03-2010, 08:22 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by Ginger Will
How do you calculate the 68% tax you mention earlier? I would assume we pay (those of us who bother) 17.5% Vat then 5% insurance premium tax. Where does the rest come from?
I always thought that the insurance tax was 5% of the premium too.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:27 PM
Ginger Will

I always thought that the insurance tax was 5% of the premium too.
It was always 5% when I worked in insurance. If you get anyone to pay towards your insurance can you pass on their details on to me, as the new BMW I got costs more to insure than the Fiesta I had. It would be great if people would pay their share on behalf of their scumbag arsehole friends who think it is ok not to pay.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

So does speeding not increase insurance too? Damn, I should grass you all up, because you all do it.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

i cant find the document but i will keep looking as it makes for interesting reading but its something to do with how the insurance is made and distributed but the government manage to tax it 3 times in total but then why is this suprising they tax petrol to death
Old 18-03-2010, 08:32 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

The fact of the matter is you'll grass someone up for breaking the law, and you often go out and break it yourself. This is one of those debates that will go round in circles. I think grassing someone up is lower than low, and you don't. We'll never agree, regardless.

Benni.
Your totally missing the point mate and your bringing up a completely different argument than whats been discussed.

The argument was whether people think its 'right' or 'wrong' to 'grass'. Yes we all break the law or have done at some point, but thats not in question here. The majority understand that 'grassing' it has to be done sometimes in certain situations, but theres always the few that come on acting 20 men, saying 'a grass is a grass' or words to that affect, that would 100% 'grass' or expect people to 'grass' in certain situations, so its these people who are the hypocrits.

People who are saying theres nothing wrong with grassing people up for certain things, are not hypocrits for breaking the law because they/we have never said we dont ever break the law.

Last edited by S1rst; 18-03-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:34 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

It was always 5% when I worked in insurance. If you get anyone to pay towards your insurance can you pass on their details on to me, as the new BMW I got costs more to insure than the Fiesta I had. It would be great if people would pay their share on behalf of their scumbag arsehole friends who think it is ok not to pay.
Well so far Benni, Ima, Jay, Mr Brannen, Ollie and Daviet are all happy to pay more. If we've already signed up this many mugs, it shouldn't be hard to sign up enough to totally pay for our premiums! Result!
Old 18-03-2010, 08:34 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Dan,

your not bothered about recreational drugs, but what if they then got in a car and driven it etc....drink driving etc...would you grass then.

i have grown up in a place where grassing people up is looked down on,everyone sorts things out themselves, no matter what it is.

you are either a law abiding citizen or your not...thats it.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

well there is deffo 5% premium tax then 17.5% vat and there is another tax involved !trying to find it
Old 18-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
Dan,

your not bothered about recreational drugs, but what if they then got in a car and driven it etc....drink driving etc...would you grass then.

i have grown up in a place where grassing people up is looked down on,everyone sorts things out themselves, no matter what it is.

evening David but isnt this the pf hypocrisy at it best
Old 18-03-2010, 08:37 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

So does speeding not increase insurance too? Damn, I should grass you all up, because you all do it.
You're still missing the point of the argument Benni.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:40 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

its good reading Jay lol.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:42 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

all this i pay extra blah blah blah is fuckin comical as there are a element that will always drive without insurance it been done since the law was introduced so to a degree you will always pay a small percentage and insurance extra for insurance to maintain profit . So either dont pay it or get the fuckin bus
Old 18-03-2010, 08:42 PM
20fiesta09
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i would phone the plod, every other cunt has too pay for insurance so the driver of the car should too. It wouldnt be that if the guy crashed in to you.
It happend too my old mans focus a cunt in a punto crashed in to the back of his car and ran. The motor had front end damage and my dad let the tyres dwom and put his hand under the bonnet and ripped loads of wires out and reported him too the plod.

Last edited by 20fiesta09; 18-03-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

its good reading Jay lol.
duno whats worse reading this shit or listening to the misses banging on about stuff thats immaterial to my life
Old 18-03-2010, 08:46 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

Wow what a thread!!!

I`d like all the people who agree with the OP to go round to their friends who do drugs, and ask them where they got them then go to the police and grass up the drug dealer, I`d love it hahahaha

YOU CANT!!!! because in your eyes its ok cos its only a wee bit of hash, oh its only a wee bit of coke its the weekend!

Plus the local dealer would fuck you up too, but what if the guy your grassing up for the insurance is a nut case, and has a fair amount of weed (no doubt going to your mates) in the car and gets a 2 stretch, i think your house is the first he`ll be visiting

Or what if it was your daughter or son that was really caught up in weed??? would you say its ok because its only weed or would you want to wring the cunts neck that gave them it

Bollocks! theres double standards all over this thread!

Save youself the bother and mind your own bussiness
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Dan,

your veiw please Dan.
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviet
well a wee question to all the informers who like to stick there noses in others peoples business..
im sure there is a good few folk on this thread that are saying they would grass them up if they were breaking the law as the laws there to be upheld and they think they are some sort of super vigilante...
so none of you know of your friends breaking the law ever? maybe smoking a little pot or if your local was having a lock in would you go straight to the cop shop? as this "may" also effect you in some way..
Why do people talk like cunts?

Its affects you nothing like an uninsured driver could! Nothing like it
Now if you said, somking pot then getting behind the wheel that yes for sure id shop them no worries!
Ginger Will

Originally Posted by Jay_
all this i pay extra blah blah blah is fuckin comical as there are a element that will always drive without insurance it been done since the law was introduced so to a degree you will always pay a small percentage and insurance extra for insurance to maintain profit . So either dont pay it or get the fuckin bus
Oh no, don't start people off on buses!
Old 18-03-2010, 08:49 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Dan,

That's not the argument though. We're not talking about drink driving we're talking about driving without insurance. I've said repeatedly that my issue is with the fact that I am paying their insurance for them. But yes, if I thought someone was driving pissed I'd grass them up. A few years ago a pissed up lad smashed his Golf into the wall outside my house - I ran out to help and discovered he was so drunk he couldn't even get out of the car. When we finally got him out he could barely stand and was begging us to push his car put of the way and let him walk home. We called the police, and I feel no remorse, nor guilt about that whatsoever.

I don't really care what the rules were where you grew up, all I care about is what affects me. People not paying their insurance affects me, and as a result I don't see what's wrong with grassing them up.

I appreciate and respect that you have strongly held views and beliefs, but mine differ to yours, and I don't see 'grassing' as such a heinous crime.

Oh, and Jay - you've been the biggest hypocrite on this thread!!
Old 18-03-2010, 08:49 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

Oh no, don't start people off on buses!

Old 18-03-2010, 08:50 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

another point...

would everyone who would grass people up....would you grass then up in front of them so they know who you are or just grass them up behind there backs.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

That's not the argument though. We're not talking about drink driving we're talking about driving without insurance. I've said repeatedly that my issue is with the fact that I am paying their insurance for them. But yes, if I thought someone was driving pissed I'd grass them up. A few years ago a pissed up lad smashed his Golf into the wall outside my house - I ran out to help and discovered he was so drunk he couldn't even get out of the car. When we finally got him out he could barely stand and was begging us to push his car put of the way and let him walk home. We called the police, and I feel no remorse, nor guilt about that whatsoever.

I don't really care what the rules were where you grew up, all I care about is what affects me. People not paying their insurance affects me, and as a result I don't see what's wrong with grassing them up.

I appreciate and respect that you have strongly held views and beliefs, but mine differ to yours, and I don't see 'grassing' as such a heinous crime.
so double standards it is then as breaking the law costs everyone money

Oh, and Jay - you've been the biggest hypocrite on this thread!!
really lol im honoured please explain prey tell
Old 18-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Jay,
Sponsor

another point...

would everyone who would grass people up....would you grass then up in front of them so they know who you are or just grass them up behind there backs.
i can see it now " MY NAME WONT BE MENTIONED WILL IT "
Old 18-03-2010, 08:54 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

lol exactly....

thats what people are saying.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:57 PM
Ginger Will

another point...

I would grass you up whilst filming it and put it on youtube, I would also get the audio transmitted on the Magic radio loop so you would hear it between double glazing and fabric discount outlet adverts.
Are you driving without insurance, cos my cameras batteries are charged and its ready to roll baby!
Old 18-03-2010, 08:59 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by NUTTIN RILLA
I`d like all the people who agree with the OP to go round to their friends who do drugs, and ask them where they got them then go to the police and grass up the drug dealer, I`d love it hahahaha

Bollocks! theres double standards all over this thread!
Why do people insist on linking recreational drugs to driving uninsured? They are two seperate issues. Sure there's the 'grassing' element to both but we've already established several times that there are several people (myself included) who think its fine to grass for some things but not for others. That's not hypocritical in the slightest, it just means that we've not all been brought up to believe that any 'grassing' is bad grassing.

But back at you - if you knew who had burgled your Nan's house and left her for dead but couldn't get to them because they'd fled the country or whatever, would you then involve the police, or would you just let them get away with it?Sure, it's a bit far fetched, but you must realise that there is a scale of wrongness when it comes to grassing, and my tolerance level is just lower that yours.
Old 18-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

5% insurance premium tax on motor insurance. That's all. Not even VAT, except in certain very specialised circumstances that are easily dismissed.

68% ROFLMFAO

NEXT!
Old 18-03-2010, 09:02 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

I would grass you up whilst filming it and put it on youtube, I would also get the audio transmitted on the Magic radio loop so you would hear it between double glazing and fabric discount outlet adverts.
Are you driving without insurance, cos my cameras batteries are charged and its ready to roll baby!
lol, it would be good to watch then....
Old 18-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

another point...

Behind their back Dave, what would doing it in front of them solve? Again, the hard macho shit is what its all about it apears!

If i knew, for example, the guy over the road always went to the boozer after work and had at least 5 pints, then drove home, onto my estate where mine and my friends kids play, risking their lives, you think it is wrong for me to make a phonecall to the police about it to get him caught? You think i should tell him, or tell the police then tell him it was me, to risk my property or families lives yet again if he decided to take revenge becasue afterall if hes a big enough prick to do what hes doing, then hes sure enough to take things further!!!!!!

I do not see how you lot who think its wrong to grass have the cheek to call those that would hypocrits!
Its not about breaking the fucking law why cant folk get their heads around that! Some of the users that cant seem to get their heads around it have suprised me!

I speed of course i do. Thats not the point. If i regulary went fast down a street where there were houses, kids etc then yeah id expect to be grassed!
I used to take E's and coke when i went out on a weekend, that affected me, no one else. If i had been going out robbing to pay for then, and someone knew and grassed, fair do's!

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 18-03-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 18-03-2010, 09:04 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

another point...

Depends. If I thought there could be repercussions that would affect my family in any way then I wouldn't grass.

It also depends on the issue. If it was a guy I worked with for example, I'd give them a chance to get insurance and tell them to their face that they need to sort it out. I wouldn't see the point in sneaking behind their back.
Old 18-03-2010, 09:10 PM
NUTTIN RILLA
PassionFord Post Troll

But back at you - if you knew who had burgled your Nan's house and left her for dead but couldn't get to them because they'd fled the country or whatever, would you then involve the police, or would you just let them get away with it?Sure, it's a bit far fetched, but you must realise that there is a scale of wrongness when it comes to grassing, and my tolerance level is just lower that yours.

Me and my half dead nan would have better chance catching them than the so-called police!!

And probably do more justice

I totally agree with the levels of grassing, ie rapists and stuff but imo everyone is moaning about how much it costs them, and "what if" but they happilly forget the damage their mates are doing by buying drugs from dealers as its not in total connection with them, but in the real world it costs them 100 times more than non insured drivers

As i said and will no doubt say again, mind your own bussiness it less hassle than its worth
Old 18-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Depends. If I thought there could be repercussions that would affect my family in any way then I wouldn't grass.

It also depends on the issue. If it was a guy I worked with for example, I'd give them a chance to get insurance and tell them to their face that they need to sort it out. I wouldn't see the point in sneaking behind their back.
Exactly!

Anyways, we are obviously not going to agree on this issue, let not all fall out over it hey!

ya cunts

Quick Reply: A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report