General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report

Search this Thread

Old 17-03-2010, 10:20 PM
AGAR-COSWORTH
Redumbdancy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unbelievable some of the responses on here - I won't bother pitching in with my own opinion on the matter as I know what I'd do given the situation.

However, I'll leave you with something to think about.

Ten years ago my father was involved in a road traffic accident which resulted in him having to retire from his work 15 years earlier than he should have done. 'Luckily' the person who mowed him down was insured, and my father got the compensation he rightfully deserved to cover:

- 15 years loss of earnings
- personal injury compensation
- money for his healthcare to cover 30+ years
- additional expenses encurred due to his injury.

I won't bother disclosing how much he was awarded in compensation, however, the maximum amount the courts will pay out for uninsured drivers is £50K (AFAIK). I'm sure you can no doubt comprehend that £50K is not a lot to cover a mortgage, food bills, gas bills, savings, and to support a family of four for 15 years due to no longer having a source of income.

All I can say is thank Christ the guilty party was insured, because if he wasn't, then without a doubt my family and I would have lost our house and our entire life savings which would have to be spent to cover our costs.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:21 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lee Reynolds
Caps lock is on the left.

Your argument is nothing to do with this certain guy, wether he is insured or not isn't the issue! if he is 100% not insured for certain, you are still saying he shouldnt grass.

Grassing is still grasing though eh! Theres a bloke down the road who i have seen take kids in the house, so one day i looked in through the window and he was messing with them....not going to tell the police though, as i aint a grass!!!! What a pathetic attitude!
For fuck sake Lee, messing with kids? thats a bit low, hardly the same thing as having a hunch about a possible un insured driver,
Old 17-03-2010, 10:21 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
But the point is he hasnt done anything yet and for FUCK SAKE HE ISNT EVEN CERTAIN THE STUPID CUNT IS DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE FOR FUCK SAKE AND FOR THE LAST FUCKIN TIME I DONT BELIEVE IN GRASSING, END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:22 PM
fruitycootey
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

christ people, u have a right to ur own opinions, so why get on to someone who has an opinion different to yourselves.....

each to there own, you have your opinions i have mine, deal with it.

this is the sheep and flock shit.. come on people get real and get a grip..
Old 17-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

For fuck sake Lee, messing with kids? thats a bit low, hardly the same thing as having a hunch about a possible un insured driver,
lol you said a grass is a grass mate, im just seeing where you personally draw the line as its been asked but youve not answered
Old 17-03-2010, 10:23 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

But the point is he hasnt done anything yet and for FUCK SAKE HE ISNT EVEN CERTAIN THE STUPID CUNT IS DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE FOR FUCK SAKE AND FOR THE LAST FUCKIN TIME I DONT BELIEVE IN GRASSING, END OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby
Old 17-03-2010, 10:24 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Honestly, how fucking old are you? Last time I heard someone whinging about grasses like you are, I was at school...
Old 17-03-2010, 10:25 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by fruitycootey
christ people, u have a right to ur own opinions, so why get on to someone who has an opinion different to yourselves.....

each to there own, you have your opinions i have mine, deal with it.

this is the sheep and flock shit.. come on people get real and get a grip..
If life was that simple nothing would ever be debated mate, i think you need to get real

I can just picture the house of commons an a Monday morning! Labour one side, tories the other, all reading a paper as they dont debate ove differences of opinion anymore!

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 17-03-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:27 PM
turbotoaster
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

im a person who believes unless someone doing something directly affects you then keep your nose out, its none of your business.

I have had people moan to the police only last week, some old bloke moaning about something that actually was doing him a favour yet because its not legal he tried to shop me, luckily the police have real crimes to deal with.

Ill never contact a higher authority whether it the company i work for or the police unless it affects me directly, if it doesnt then ill let them get on with it, they take the risk, they know the penaltys, if the authoritys catch them then so be it, thats there job, not mine

im sure you think im an idiot but thats my view, but then that goes back to where do you draw the line, screwing the system is a big difference than hurting a person, my line is there
Old 17-03-2010, 10:28 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And the word 'YET' being the key word there mate.

Can you not say why you think that though? Again, this is not a dig at all mate, but im genuinely interested thats all, can you not answer the questions in post #74 by any chance? Of course thats your opinion and your entitled to it mate, its just that im sure 99% of people just dont understand it thats all.

Maybe its just something from the school playground where its drilled into us that 'we must never grass', and its carried on from there, whereas most people understand that its not morally right to carry it on as they get older and grow up?

Last edited by S1rst; 17-03-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

lol you said a grass is a grass mate, im just seeing where you personally draw the line as its been asked but youve not answered
Serious things like that Lee yeah, but not having hunches about un insured drivers, its a misdemeanour in comparison to what you just said Lee, I have my views on it I wouldnt waste my time grassing him I however could quite easily kill a paedophile . thats just plain wrong
Old 17-03-2010, 10:35 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Serious things like that Lee yeah, but not having hunches about un insured drivers, its a misdemeanour in comparison to what you just said Lee, I have my views on it I wouldnt waste my time grassing him I however could quite easily kill a paedophile . thats just plain wrong

so driving uninsured isn't wrong in your eyes, just trying to get my head around this thats all
Old 17-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Dont know if you have kids, but im sure if an uninsured driver killed one of them, you would change your mind! As if someone had grassed him, he might not have been on the road to run them over!

Thats how i look at it anyways!

Last edited by Lee Reynolds; 17-03-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:38 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If life was that simple nothing would ever be debated mate, i think you need to get real

I can just picture the house of commons an a Monday morning! Labour one side, tories the other, all reading a paper as they dont debate ove differences of opinion anymore!

can just imagine it, 'right we all have different opinions, so lets just deal with it and all go home'. Job done!

Old 17-03-2010, 10:39 PM
fruitycootey

so who is to say that your opinion is correct? and that mine is not? just cos u think that u are correct dont mean that im gonna roll over and agree with it!!! or should i be saying baaa baaa baaa by now?

my opinion is my opinion not yours to influence...
Old 17-03-2010, 10:41 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by turbotoaster
im a person who believes unless someone doing something directly affects you then keep your nose out, its none of your business.
Exactly mate same here, but if it potentially could affect you, then it becomes your business in my opinion. Its something ive never done i must admit, but if it had to be done, to either help me or other innocent people, then so be it.

Its ok people saying it hasnt happened 'yet', but thats just stupoid to say that. We all know the police cant work miracles. The public has a duty to help protect everyone else too to a certain extent in my opinion.

Last edited by S1rst; 17-03-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

so who is to say that your opinion is correct? and that mine is not? just cos u think that u are correct dont mean that im gonna roll over and agree with it!!! or should i be saying baaa baaa baaa by now?

my opinion is my opinion not yours to influence...

It depends on what situation the opinion is based.

One opinion on a situation like this has to be right, as we are talking about breaking a law. So the opinion biased toward keeping inline with the law is obviously the right one, wether you think it is 'the done thing' or not is irrelevant.

All this 'i aint no grass' bollox is just Macho shit anyway!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:44 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

at someone trying to say whos opinion is right? when on about breaking the law or not
Old 17-03-2010, 10:49 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

All this 'i aint no grass' bollox is just Macho shit anyway!
Exactly. Anyone saying they would 'never grass' and 'grasses are scum', 'a grass is a grass' etc, WOULD 'grass' in certain situations im sure. So that just makes them hypocrits quite clearly, and puts a slightly big hole in their argument.
Old 17-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by danneth
at someone trying to say whos opinion is right? when on about breaking the law or not
Best thing is they talk like they have got 'morals'....
Old 17-03-2010, 10:51 PM
fruitycootey

but where is it your right to influence others opinions of what they would do and get all macho when they dont agree??

has every modification on your car been written down and reported to the insurance company? on your car?

cos surely all because u pay your policy doesnt mean that ur insurance would be valid?

its ok to keep ranting on but honestly are u some angel that has never broke the law?
Old 17-03-2010, 10:54 PM
fruitycootey

Originally Posted by danneth
im not saying that its not correct when breaking the law!! but what i am saying is people are entitled to an opinion on what they would do in this situation!!
Old 17-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Dont know if you have kids, but im sure if an uninsured driver killed one of them, you would change your mind! As if someone had grassed him, he might not have been on the road to run them over!

Thats how i look at it anyways!
I do have kids and no one has ever hit them in an uninsured car, if they do i will probably change my views yeah but they havent so thats fuckin that. Ive explained my views on grassing on minor issues like this , I repeat i WOULD have something to say on Lees statement on messing with kids but uninsured drivers i couldnt realy give a fuck to be honest,
Old 17-03-2010, 10:57 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

but where is it your right to influence others opinions of what they would do and get all macho when they dont agree??

has every modification on your car been written down and reported to the insurance company? on your car?

cos surely all because u pay your policy doesnt mean that ur insurance would be valid?

its ok to keep ranting on but honestly are u some angel that has never broke the law?
I have never once in any of my replies tried to influence your opinion.

My car is 100% standard, thanks
Old 17-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

I do have kids and no one has ever hit them in an uninsured car, if they do i will probably change my views yeah but they havent so thats fuckin that. Ive explained my views on grassing on minor issues like this , I repeat i WOULD have something to say on Lees statement on messing with kids but uninsured drivers i couldnt realy give a fuck to be honest,
Well Monsiuer Brannen, thats that then
Old 17-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And to answer post 74 , IF it happened to me yeah i would have summit so saybut it hasnt so i stand by what i said, BUT the guy HASNT hit the original poster its just a FUCKING HUNCH!! that clear enough for you
Old 17-03-2010, 10:59 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Honestly WTF? It'd take an uninsured driver hitting your child to change your mind on uninsured drivers? Did I read that right...
Old 17-03-2010, 11:07 PM
fruitycootey

[quote=Lee Reynolds;4797426]I have never once in any of my replies tried to influence your opinion.

My car is 100% standard, thanks [/q

so you have never broke the law?

if u were to stand there and tell me u havent i'd call u a lier!

surely thats being a hypocrit?
Old 17-03-2010, 11:09 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

[QUOTE=fruitycootey;4797451]
I have never once in any of my replies tried to influence your opinion.

My car is 100% standard, thanks [/q

so you have never broke the law?

if u were to stand there and tell me u havent i'd call u a lier!

surely thats being a hypocrit?
Of course ive broken the law on many occasions! Ive never stated that i havent! Your'e reading things into my replies that arent there mate!
Old 17-03-2010, 11:12 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

Caps lock is on the left.

Your argument is nothing to do with this certain guy, wether he is insured or not isn't the issue! if he is 100% not insured for certain, you are still saying he shouldnt grass.

Grassing is still grasing though eh! Theres a bloke down the road who i have seen take kids in the house, so one day i looked in through the window and he was messing with them....not going to tell the police though, as i aint a grass!!!! What a pathetic attitude!
why are you looking through pepoles windows for you pervert lol.
Old 17-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by gazdon
why are you looking through pepoles windows for you pervert lol.
Shit
Old 17-03-2010, 11:21 PM
fruitycootey

im not stating that its correct to break the law in no shape or form, my opinion is my opinion whether u feel it right or wrong... thats all ive said?
Old 17-03-2010, 11:25 PM
gazdon
wheeler dealer

Shit
well well well found the long lost pervert you must hand yourself in dude.
Old 17-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Lee Reynolds
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by gazdon
well well well found the long lost pervert you must hand yourself in dude.
nah i aint no dobber
Old 17-03-2010, 11:49 PM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by turbotoaster

just to clarify, are you saying you would not "grass" on an un-insured driver regardless of who they are and assuming you know 100% they are not insured?

if yes then you are going against your statement.

why?

because uninsured drivers affect our premiums, YOUR premium. it DOES affect you! unless you dont have insurance of course.

just trying to set this topic straight in my head.
Old 18-03-2010, 12:47 AM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And to answer post 74 , IF it happened to me yeah i would have summit so saybut it hasnt so i stand by what i said, BUT the guy HASNT hit the original poster its just a FUCKING HUNCH!! that clear enough for you
So if it did happen to you then it would be ok to grass then? Lets hope it doesnt ever happen to you then mate.

Its kind of the wrong way to go about things mate, saying it hasnt happened so its ok, but it wouldnt be ok if it did happen. Surely the way to prevent that would be to spill the beans to the police, which would mean 'grassing' on him. Strange outlook on things that mate it really is. Really strange attitude that i cant get my head round.

See this is what i dont understand. Some people say leave them alone, its ok, it hasnt happened to me yet so its fine, none of my business, blah blah blah. But if it DID happen to them they'd be jumping up and down stamping there feet, probably blaming the police for not catching them in the first place, and probably wishing someone would have grassed them up for knowing about it.

Double standards anyone?

Last edited by S1rst; 18-03-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 18-03-2010, 01:05 AM
phil_focus
PassionFord Post Troll

S1rst, i totally agree mate.

the best cure is prevention.

an extreme example:

its better to take the loaded and cocked gun away from the child rather than saying "its ok to let the child play with a loaded, cocked weapon as he/she hasnt blown their head of yet"

another example:

would you leave your pride and joy cossy (or other pride and joy car) in a busy town surrounded by drunks with the doors open, keys in the ignition and a big sign saying its ok i've parked my car here as it aint been nicked yet???

actually in the ideal world with no crime that would be ok

and before anybody slates me for giving silly extreme examples i find to demonstrate a point/prove a theory if you take it to the extreme it clarifies the picture and removes any ambiguity.
Old 18-03-2010, 02:04 AM
Isaac.Hunt
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Some people really cannot appreciate anything which is not made absolutely obvious. Mr Brannen seems to be one such individual.

I don't see why some people are trying to hard to educate him on the positives of not being ignorant of the pitfalls of letting uninsured drivers carry on without penalty. He will only reply with ''so there''.

I'd personally be happy to be reported as being a suspected uninsured driver, who cares? If it happened, I can prove I'm insured and I'd be happy to know that the potential risks of such actions are being taken seriously. I honestly would not care if someone ''grassed'' me up. If that is the maturity level demonstrated here then it is quite appauling.

Many people without insurance are as such as they do not qualify for insurance or are at such a high risk that their premiums are large, which is why many don't take out cover. People without a license, modified cars deemed too fast for their driving experience to command a lower premium, ex drink drivers, those with unroadworthy cars, etc. There are fewer people who have been driving years that don't bother to get insurance as by 40+ with no points insurance is cheap compared to the other costs of car ownership.

Last edited by Isaac.Hunt; 18-03-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 18-03-2010, 07:36 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

some people are clearly too ignorant to live in the same society as decent people. put them all in a work camp i say. arbeit macht frei.
Old 18-03-2010, 08:27 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I've bought insurance on my car/s for the last 19 years. In each of those years £30 of my premium has gone to the MID to pay for cunts who seem to think they don't have to have insurance. That equates to £570. Shop the wanker in I say.

As for anyone who dislikes 'grasses' - when you're left to pick up the pieces after being hit by an uninsured driver, don't come boo-hooing on here.

Quick Reply: A Car Been Driven With No Insurance .. How To Report