General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Thieving Scum have tried............

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:32 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thieving Scum have tried............

I bought a driveway alarm as a bit of protection for Missis Scooby parked on driive. Been fitted 3 days and we just been sat watching Tv and it went off, i thought someone must be here, waited for the doorbell but nought.... Alarm beeps again so told missis to look out window..... Some cunt trying to get in passenger door..Scarpers....

Had a mooch round but no sign. Cunt was clever too as we have a gravel drive and he was stood on a small dwarf wall next to car,so looks like he walked up wall to make no noise...

Fucking raging now, blocked drive with van and turned shock sensor up so touching door handles trips the "chirp"

Everyone buy below, WELL worth the money to protect your pride and joy on your drive

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/x2e-new-doorbe...item518d7a2425

Last edited by dannyblackpool; 11-03-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:37 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

go disconnet the coilpack or something also, maybe for the next wee while too, jus incase!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:38 PM
callummarshall
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

hahaha payed for its self allready! would be no good for me :-( my drives too big
Old 11-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Proof that little things are SO WORTH IT
thats what i tell the mrs every time we have sex

Jokes aside looks like its paid for itself already fair play mate!!! deff something i'd look at getting, most people would think it was just a pir for an outside light!!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 PM
m4tt274
PassionFord Post Whore!!

the scrapers are a nuisance. they go round our end checkin garage doors and lookin into gardens for bikes etc. i fitted a proximaty alarm to my old car, need to get round to fittin one to the p100 as that attracts alot of attention.
ive fitted a gear lock to it.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:31 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

taking the alarm to bed so will deffo hear it, Barry is coming too lol. Car is locked,belled,van is blocking drive also belled and shock sensor set so if he sneezes 2 mile away it chirps lol, all gates doors locked,garage belled and even called police who give em some credit have drove round a few times and put an id out... Hopefully we will be ok!

Make me wonder...got up one morning last week with a orange obliterated on qtr window and all over floor...... maybe was a scouting session to see if car is alarmed... It is cat 1 and works but no shock sensor so didnt go off... Hmmmmmmmm
Old 11-03-2010, 11:03 PM
S1rst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I wonder if this would work if its say velcro'd onto the roof lining? Do you think it would detect if anyone stands at either passenger door or drivers door? Just to save it going off if people innocently walk past the house/drive for example.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:26 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

PIR's are a good tool but can be a hassle to set up.

How about break beams on all perimeters?? They are quite cheap now so as long as you have good walls/fences you can be secure in the knowledge that they have to go over the fences and hence break the IR beam. Obviously for drive opening youd need an additional low level beam so they cant duck under the high level one at the top of your fence/wall.

What i REALLY want is a low powered high definition short range radar with programmable alarm sectors. You can do it on the big radars on warships where you can literally draw a box around and area of interest and the radar alarms if a contact moves outside of the box/or into the box. In the navy its used to keep station in a task group, you just put the other ships in boxes on radar screen and if they move too far out relative to your ship then an alarm beeps. The concept could be applied to a parked car where you could put a box round it and it alarms if anything moves within the box. Would look something like this:

You could look into the movement activated CCTV cameras maybe but i dont think you can get any systems clever enough, on the domestic market, to set up boxes on the screen for movement alarms etc. If you could it would be ace as even parked on the street as long as your car was in field of view of the camera, then you could put a box tightly round it so that in order for someone to touch it they have to enter the box triggering the alarm.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

cef have some security lights c/w cameras in that you can link to your tv/pc also is able to track people that walk around your property

arent priced too bad,not fitted one of them as yet so cant say how good bud a lad i spoke to in ther said they were good
Old 12-03-2010, 06:45 AM
steanlol
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd leave the car open and hide on the back seat under a blanket with a bit of rope in my hands and wait for him get in the car and volllla surprise surprise , rope round neck , semi consious , drive to middle of nowhere and dump him , i could go on but think i'll stop there .
Old 12-03-2010, 07:15 AM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Its still there lol but missis is scared to drive it now as worried somone will try to hijack

Told her to lock doors etc not open windows etc and to leave plenty room infront to escape if worst should happen..... thing she is going over top but still its wrong that she should feel that way and not sleep with worry that some fucker will come on our property when we are less than 6ft away and try to take her car
Old 12-03-2010, 07:22 AM
cutch
Series 1 4x4 cossie

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

just bought one!
Old 12-03-2010, 11:25 AM
_SpeedX_

use blackjack...
Old 12-03-2010, 11:30 AM
JamesXP
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
PIR's are a good tool but can be a hassle to set up.

How about break beams on all perimeters?? They are quite cheap now so as long as you have good walls/fences you can be secure in the knowledge that they have to go over the fences and hence break the IR beam. Obviously for drive opening youd need an additional low level beam so they cant duck under the high level one at the top of your fence/wall.

What i REALLY want is a low powered high definition short range radar with programmable alarm sectors. You can do it on the big radars on warships where you can literally draw a box around and area of interest and the radar alarms if a contact moves outside of the box/or into the box. In the navy its used to keep station in a task group, you just put the other ships in boxes on radar screen and if they move too far out relative to your ship then an alarm beeps. The concept could be applied to a parked car where you could put a box round it and it alarms if anything moves within the box. Would look something like this:

You could look into the movement activated CCTV cameras maybe but i dont think you can get any systems clever enough, on the domestic market, to set up boxes on the screen for movement alarms etc. If you could it would be ace as even parked on the street as long as your car was in field of view of the camera, then you could put a box tightly round it so that in order for someone to touch it they have to enter the box triggering the alarm.

The CCTV is very easy to setup, our CCTV is 2 cameras front back and a poweredge 1650 with a PCI Card for input, on the software you can select areas of the image that will trigger when the picture changes, and start recording, can be accessed from another internet computer if you want too aswell
Old 12-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

whats the name of the software as everything seems to come with different stuff so its hit and miss what you get.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:43 PM
delterflier

just bought one as ive often been worryed as there is now light on my drive

good shout

john
Old 12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
JamesXP
Part of the Furniture

The software is what came with the camera's and the card (Swann software)
Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
TANGO_FSI
fiesta whore

same person also sells a twin pack, 2 pir's and 1 alarm, good to have for front and back of the house, just hope next doors cat doesn't keep setting it off!!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:02 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

axis software does it
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
20fiesta09
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i would just get a base ball bat out
there just scumbags !
Old 12-03-2010, 06:56 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive got a great system setup at my house ,

its called a brother who knows every little toe rag and scum bag in the estate , and surrounding areas ,

had both my series 1 and series two parked om my front , on the side ov a main road and in 3 years not even as much as a lifted door handle

lol the fact that the last lil smack head who stole owt from him ( took his sons motorbike out the shed ) was found out withing 30 hours ,his front door took off its hinges and a rather large bread knife put to his throat

lol the bike was returned within the hour

it aint right that your lass feels unsafe to go out , just reassure her that most the time its oppertusists and once they know its belled up they prob wont bother coming back

beef
Old 12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by -beefy-
ive got a great system setup at my house ,

its called a brother who knows every little toe rag and scum bag in the estate , and surrounding areas ,

had both my series 1 and series two parked om my front , on the side ov a main road and in 3 years not even as much as a lifted door handle

lol the fact that the last lil smack head who stole owt from him ( took his sons motorbike out the shed ) was found out withing 30 hours ,his front door took off its hinges and a rather large bread knife put to his throat

lol the bike was returned within the hour

it aint right that your lass feels unsafe to go out , just reassure her that most the time its oppertusists and once they know its belled up they prob wont bother coming back

beef
Remember you telling me that bud,its a shame that its all the little shits understand
Old 12-03-2010, 07:23 PM
1.9 xr2 on 40's
st170 breaking

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are cheaper 1's on ebay too
Old 12-03-2010, 07:59 PM
dannyblackpool
Boost Builder

Had a cheap one a while ago and didnt last long, and kept going off all the time, this one is better, but either way its saved me a fortune in a week alone..