General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I Need Anger Management...

Search this Thread

Old 26-01-2010, 06:31 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thankyou for all the comments, advice etc that I've gotten since I put this up.. I really do appreciate it all. Plus, the PM's that people have sent have been very helpful and I'll work my way through replying to those once I've put this post up.

Oh and PMSL @ the tag "get laid or wank" too, surely thats the normal choice for us all... whether we are dealing with other stresses and strains or not?!

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
I think theres a lot more impact of your personal problems than you care to admit (to yourself not us).

Your doing plenty of excercise so thats not the issue.

You admit your stressed. With many people your a lot more stressed than you realise and often you dont realise your stressed out until your actually badly stressed out!!!

Youve got a bit of a temper anyway. Its not that surprising that your temper is short when under stress. Not surprising in itself, the fact that your completely loosing it is a bit worrying.

You could find yourself an anger management course which might help a bit but to be frank, long term your probably better off learning to get a bit more in touch with your emotions and feelings, learning what triggers you off, learning to properly relax etc.

You sound quite a highly strung person!!

You could go to GP but its likely to be a long wait. Youll be better off probably looking online for anger management groups etc and perhaps trying some relaxation stuff. Might seem a bit touchy feely but you dont need to prescribe to all the yoga shit etc but just learn some of the techniques to help you unwind etc.

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/diagnose...ing_with_anger

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/medical_...olent_impulses

http://www.mind.org.uk/help/medical_...anaging_stress

http://www.mind.org.uk/relaxation
Thanks for the post mate, I was sort of hoping that you'd pick up on this thread as I know that you've had some exposure to this sort of thing and are more informed than many others. Appreciate the links, will sit down and read over them once I've fed my face.

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
Ive beat people up with chairs, hockey sticks, dented locker doors on my brothers head etc etc etc
You sound very much like a potential pin-up for Dojj with that set of very specific skills.

Originally Posted by Lambchop
I don't want to make a mockery of a serious subject but you can take it like the best of them....( i hope )

What you need is to get laid mate! Lose that virginity for once and for all and the stress relief will be amazing.

I know you're ginger but someone will take on the job. If you're stuck we'll have a pf whip round and get you off to the dam
LOL!! ..................however, I've never been to the 'dam so any donations gratefully received.

Chop, like Asda, Always HTH
...you've still got it after all these years mate, those trolleys have never been as well parked since you left.

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
Look at your diet too, i remember Stu having a story about his intolerence to caffeine! Do you drink a lot of coffee, tea or fizzy drinks etc.......I know if i drink a lot of coffee i get very highly strung and lose my rag easy and if I don't drink it I get a bad head and get quite depressed sometimes. Viscous circle!

Best advice, go to the docs and they'll assess all your lifestyle etc.
I don't really do much excessively these days if I'm honest Scott... I'll have a cup of tea in the evening if I'm sitting watching TV or on t'internet, I drink between 2-3 litres of water a day and eat reasonably healthily too.

I am going to try and make an appointment with my GP though, even if it proves pointless, its something to tick of my list.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 26-01-2010, 07:26 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Grant, Sounds like you need some profesional help with this, as it could be related to many things...

We all know Gingers have a fiery temper!!

Don't kill me...please i'm calling the cops
Old 26-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Grant
You sound very much like a potential pin-up for Dojj with that set of very specific skills.

I was an angry child, would take loads of shit then suddenly flip out

I did the same when ill and in the nuthouse a proper schitzo decided he would hit me round the head with a plastic tennis racket repeatedly! Despite him being on 1 to 1 supervision, the nurse didnt intervene until after telling him to stop a few times i flipped out and ripped the bat out his hand and was about to bring it onto his skull got jumped on by nurse as the panic alarm went off and then it was me that got restrained, injected and punnished when it was the skitso cunt who started it!!
Old 27-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh and PMSL @ the tag "get laid or wank" too, surely thats the normal choice for us all... whether we are dealing with other stresses and strains or not?!

LOL!! ..................however, I've never been to the 'dam so any donations gratefully received.

...you've still got it after all these years mate, those trolleys have never been as well parked since you left.
Now who would've tagged that...

Get yersel to the dam mate, WELL worth a look

lol@trollies. You've noticed too how badly they run these days? Jeesh
Old 27-01-2010, 07:13 AM
bythomson
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been in same boat as yogot reffered to clinical psychologists... worked wonders but took a while so be patient but they guy who dealt with me was a genius honestly even now i still remember the converstions we had and think to myself wow. they dont tell you what to do to change they just engineer a converstaion to make you realise the answers to yourr problems yourself.
Old 27-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

lol @ trollies. You've noticed too how badly they run these days? Jeesh
They still seem to be the correct geometry, as they run a lot of caster angle which should work well to self centre the wheels, so I can only put the problems you have been having down to poor maintainance, so if either of you are going to beat anyone up over it then it should be the accountant who cut the budget for repair, not the trolley designer, I would hate to see the wrong person beaten up
Old 27-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Originally Posted by Chip
They still seem to be the correct geometry, as they run a lot of caster angle which should work well to self centre the wheels, so I can only put the problems you have been having down to poor maintainance, so if either of you are going to beat anyone up over it then it should be the accountant who cut the budget for repair, not the trolley designer, I would hate to see the wrong person beaten up

Haha no new trollies and cut the budget...NOW!
Old 27-01-2010, 10:03 PM
vroooom ptssssh
It Wasnt Me!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Dont talk to me about trollies
Old 27-01-2010, 10:24 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by vroooom ptssssh
Dont talk to me about trollies
Haha, I forgot you used to control the west coast DaveyC.. between you and Chop we're seriously hooked up on here. Can you boys get me a skeleton key to fire up the electric shopping carts parked at the front door?

Cheers,
Grant
Old 27-01-2010, 10:28 PM
pani_k
PassionFORD Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am fairly cool on the roads don't get wound up with a lot of things and just basically take a laid back approach. Only time I've ever lost it was when I happened to glance at my rear view mirror on a 40mph dual carriageway and notice a car roaring at must have been 60-70mph up the rear and I was almost side by side the car in the other lane. I saw him indicate to try squeeze past and knew instantly if I didn't move he would've crashed into me. I swerved into the bus lane thank fuck there was nothing or no one there and he overtook me and undertook the person in front of me. At this point I just flipped completely and gave chase relentlessly over the next mile. He had what looked like his wife or girlfriend in the car and his car was heavily tinted and I was constantly neck and neck with him in the other lane doing stupid speeds not concentrating on the road and concentrating on him only. Only thing in my mind was to get to the next junction and block him and batter the shit out of him. It was only afterwards when I was turning off I thought fuck it just calm down as his wife/girlfriend looked worried at the fact that I was chasing him so fearlessly and he wouldn't even glance over to look at me.

I was shaking after that because of the adrenaline in my system but on reflection glad nothing came of it. He could have had another 3 guys in the back for all I know or had something in the car with him. Like others have said usually takes a bad experience to stop you in your tracks but once that happens is too late. Every time you get behind the wheel just relax mate that's all I can say be cool, don't get agitated and just concentrate on getting to your destination safely and comfortably. Fuck speeding, fuck undertaking/overtaking, forget trying to beat lights, staying behind people who like to stick to the speed limit. Just keep your cool and believe me journeys become much more pleasant.
Old 27-01-2010, 10:40 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Pani_K, thats my aim buddy.. as I don't like the reaction I'm having at the moment and don't like when I look back at what I've done etc. Been looking into taking up Karate as another thing I can do to fill time, learn some self control and vent frustration etc.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 27-01-2010, 11:48 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just get out more mate need ti chill out.thinkin about goin upto aberdeen on friday nyt if want a bit of rant.should be gd u no the script......

big empty car park....the type r.....1.5 bar...o ya fucker get em lit hahaha
Old 28-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Haha, I forgot you used to control the west coast DaveyC.. between you and Chop we're seriously hooked up on here. Can you boys get me a skeleton key to fire up the electric shopping carts parked at the front door?

Cheers,
Grant

He was safeway scum though

Afraid i can't get you a key
Old 28-01-2010, 06:34 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Originally Posted by rs_traynor
just get out more mate need ti chill out.thinkin about goin upto aberdeen on friday nyt if want a bit of rant.should be gd u no the script......

big empty car park....the type r.....1.5 bar...o ya fucker get em lit hahaha
Haha, then wait a few hours for MashMash to come and tow us home with Shergar once things go tits up... could be up for it mate, fire me a text with the details.

He was safeway scum though

Afraid i can't get you a key
LOL @ the Safeway/Asda rivallry... it reminds me of that scene from Anchorman where the different news teams have that massive tear up.

Trolley Team..... Assemble.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 28-01-2010, 10:44 PM
rs_traynor
stage4 2wd cosworth

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

llf shergar's broon breed:L poor wee shergar gave an evo 10 a dash up the kingsway on the way back from edinburgh haha he was goin no place

Haha, then wait a few hours for MashMash to come and tow us home with Shergar once things go tits up... could be up for it mate, fire me a text with the details.

LOL @ the Safeway/Asda rivallry... it reminds me of that scene from Anchorman where the different news teams have that massive tear up.

Trolley Team..... Assemble.

Cheers,
Grant