General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mariusz Puzdzianzowzskiz(working link)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 10:01 PM
simon170
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That first kick actually threw the guy to the ropes!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:02 PM
L600COS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should stick to strong man i think he cant fight for s**t took too long lol
Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
packman
PassionFord Regular

Over in 20 seconds the mans a machine a fooking animal !
Old 11-12-2009, 10:03 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i want to see him fight brock now that would be good
Old 11-12-2009, 10:04 PM
packman
PassionFord Regular

I say bring anyone in the ring he will do what he needs to do ,
Old 11-12-2009, 10:05 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Yeah even though the other bloke was shitting himself, Mariusz still looked a handful, and quick too, thought he might be slower due to his bulk but seemed sharp
creator
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

loved it
Trist

What an amimal lol look forward to watching one of his fights on a decent screen and maybe a bit longer in the ring.
would rather the cage mma as everytime they go to ground near the ropes the ref had to get them to move to the centre before starting again
Old 11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
simon170

Originally Posted by jacko
i want to see him fight brock now that would be good

That would be an awesome fight, Brock has the size, height and mass (plus he's a nut job to boot lol) and Mariusz has the strength. I'd pay to see that
Old 11-12-2009, 10:06 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

he can realy move for a big bloke
Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

he needs another year and at least half a dozen fights and I think Dana will sign him to UFC........be mint to see him against Lesnar!!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:11 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Imagine Pudzian V Cro Cop! "Battle of the eastern block!"
Old 11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

he would nack crocop but fedor is another bloke that may do well against marious
Old 11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so anyone able to copy the fight to say youtube or sumthing ??

beef
Old 11-12-2009, 10:16 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by -beefy-

beef
it will be uploaded to youtube soon i wouldve thought
Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
RobL

on youtube now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fFg9cKo25c
Old 11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
GTi-R23
The ladies love it French

Originally Posted by -beefy-

beef
Weren't so much of a fight, more of a 20 second mauling by Mariusz!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:39 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

now thats explosive power fucking animal
Old 11-12-2009, 11:06 PM
-beefy-
formerly beefy-rst-2

agree with whats been said though, hes qite slow and cumbersome ,

awesome power though ,

give him a year and some fights aginst folk who aint quivering with the ringing of the bell ,

imo i reckon lesnar will beat him though , hes got the skill sets mariuz aint ,

beef
Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Quite good.

He looked like he knew fine the boxer would be all punches so went for the legs. As soon as it went to ground you know Marius has it, the other guy must have been 4/5stone down nearly, not to mention losing out on alot of strength.

Shitty camera angle to see if he got in any really good punches but it looked brutal enough.

Look forward to seeing him fight more He'd be a pot of gold in the ufc.. just like brock, big name, big freaky looks, would attract a load of viewers and sponsors. He will go to UFC eventually imo!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

bob sapp springs to mind
Old 12-12-2009, 04:07 AM
Bladerider
Part of the Furniture

LMFAO !!

I have to say how funny it was to read several pages of "He's gonna get beat by proppa fighters" and "he's too big and slow to be any good" for him to absolutely destroy that geezer, I dont think the fella was scared until Marius turned it on and went for it. Then he suddenly realised what a man twice as strong as he is can actually do !!!

He will simply tear anything down thats put in front of him - thats precisely what hes been doing for decades already, the blokes a total legend and stronger than most people here could imagine - he throws up stones that weigh more than an engine 5 foot in the air on his own 5 times in under 30 seconds for gods sake !!! That is an enormous strain on your body and hurts just as much as if you had been hit with a bat !!

Just think about that for a moment - do you really think a guy weighing 15stone throwing a fist that weighs a couple of kilos is really going to make much impact on someone used to those sort of forces ?? Im surprised they let someone compete who was so much stronger than the normal people in the ring as I dont see it as a fair comparison, he has enough power to really really hurt someone.

J.
Old 12-12-2009, 06:12 AM
Brasso

No technique, but fook me you wouldnt want him runnin at you.

Do you need technique when your that strong?? Once you go over it'd take someone with a great ground game to get back up or sub him.

Doesnt take much to get knocked out though no mater how many cars/stones/logs you can lift. One in the right spot and he'll go sleep, and he just runs in with his chin out at the moment.

Gonna be interesting watching him progress though.
Old 12-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Rick
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

25kg according lighter according to the commentary. A proper martial artist would go for the eyes and throat when really threatened, but i guess that is against the rules.

Rick
Old 12-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Trist

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
bob sapp springs to mind

Bob sapp so strong but out of breath after a minute and a glass chin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4bhx3uiEFM
Old 12-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by Bladerider
LMFAO !!

I have to say how funny it was to read several pages of "He's gonna get beat by proppa fighters" and "he's too big and slow to be any good" for him to absolutely destroy that geezer, I dont think the fella was scared until Marius turned it on and went for it. Then he suddenly realised what a man twice as strong as he is can actually do !!!

He will simply tear anything down thats put in front of him - thats precisely what hes been doing for decades already, the blokes a total legend and stronger than most people here could imagine - he throws up stones that weigh more than an engine 5 foot in the air on his own 5 times in under 30 seconds for gods sake !!! That is an enormous strain on your body and hurts just as much as if you had been hit with a bat !!

Just think about that for a moment - do you really think a guy weighing 15stone throwing a fist that weighs a couple of kilos is really going to make much impact on someone used to those sort of forces ?? Im surprised they let someone compete who was so much stronger than the normal people in the ring as I dont see it as a fair comparison, he has enough power to really really hurt someone.

J.
Er... stones don't fight back mate!

Mike Tyson was 15 and a bit stone at his very best... are you suggesting that if he caught Mariusz clean on the chin he could simply walk through it?? because he is used to lifting heavy weights?!?!?

I am a HUGE mariusz fan... and would like nothing better than for him to tear through the entire UFC and fight Lesnar (if he ever fights again)

BUT I thought the most interesting thing about that fight was how easily the REF got him in an arm bar and disabled him!!!

that fight was fun... but it told us nothing really about mariusz and if he has any skills.

The Youtube links I have seen of him boxing training he looks pretty crap in all honesty.

was fun though and thanks for the link!

hope he does well. HUGE fan!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:29 AM
Trist

you cant really say about how easy it was for the ref to get him in an arm bar as his concentration was to the front when pounding the guy. and the ref got dragged about for a couple of throws before he realised what the ref was doing and let the ref take control. Just how I saw anyway and I am no professional fighter
Old 12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

He didn't look to have many skills IMO. Looked like a fight between teenagers after school

He was just chasing him round the ring kicking him...

I'm a huge fan but was disappointed
Old 12-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Trist

I dont think we will know what he is like untill he does at least a full round
Old 12-12-2009, 10:54 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Trist
you cant really say about how easy it was for the ref to get him in an arm bar as his concentration was to the front when pounding the guy. and the ref got dragged about for a couple of throws before he realised what the ref was doing and let the ref take control. Just how I saw anyway and I am no professional fighter
i think that it was fairly easy for the ref to get the arm bar on once he was on the ground and still trying to umel the shit out of the other fella, may be a different matter if it was the ref in the ring on his own getting twated about the head

impresive? hell yeah

lets see what the next one brings to the ring
Old 12-12-2009, 11:07 AM
simon170

Porkie makes an interesting point about Tyson... in a wolrd of highly skilled and fast boxers, Tyson came out and showed the world that raw punching power could make up for being slighlty slower, etc (it's well excepted in the boxing world that Tyson wasnt the most skilled boxer ever)

If Mariusz can take this theory and run with it, he should do really well. Although you cant be totally without skill and just be massively strong. Being hugely strong can only get you so far if other guy really knows what he is doing.

I think Mariusz will fight again, and personally, I think he'll do very well.

Last edited by simon170; 12-12-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:43 AM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Poor fight, have to laugh at all the comments saying it was amazing and he trounced the guy.
As far as MMA goes, that was appauling and he won't stand a chance against PROPER MMA fighters.
That guy was a newcomer and a boxer, so hardly much of a fight.

Mariusz was wearing shoes for a start, and had no defence whatsoever whilst doing his kicks.
No doubt he has power, but put him against a proper fighter and his techniques will never work.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:47 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZhWLSjUuI

when he can do moves like the above, then they will quit bugging him

ok, from a purely real life point of view here, the above clip shows brock attempting to do a shoot start press on kurt angle, brock outweighed kurt by about 60 lbs but kurt raelly was the real deal, and made brock lok like a better wrestler than he actually was in that match
but you have to realise that brock is a really good wrestler anyway, as far as on screen talent went, he was in the top 5%, so kurt angle was, and possibly still is, probably THE best wrestler in the past decade

anyway, scroll forward to brocks first match in ufc, where he went up against a proper pro in the form of mir and even though the match was short, it showcased enough talent that even with the schoolboy finish, you knew that brock was going to go onto the big time

now look at marius, he guy he got into the ring with didn't realise until after the bell had rung that he was going to get really badly fucked up, and it showed

not that i'm taking anything away from marius, he's a proper monster, but there was nothing in that match that showed the world anything new that they didn't already know, that marius was going to pound seven shades of shit out of the guy who stepped into the ring with him

and yes, i know that it's probably not easy to find someone to step into the ring with a gu like marius as no one wants to be the first victim, but he will alwys be a draw and he needs to decide if he wants to go with the big time and get in some class opponents or stay the biggest fish in the small pond

i look forward to others interpretations of my post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:07 PM
ballin
10K+ Poster!!

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

what has that youtube link got to do with anything dojj ?
I really don't understand how wrestling can every have any place in a real-life, sane discussion!
Old 12-12-2009, 12:27 PM
FastFordChris

Originally Posted by Porkie
Er... stones don't fight back mate!

Mike Tyson was 15 and a bit stone at his very best... are you suggesting that if he caught Mariusz clean on the chin he could simply walk through it?? because he is used to lifting heavy weights?!?!?

I am a HUGE mariusz fan... and would like nothing better than for him to tear through the entire UFC and fight Lesnar (if he ever fights again)

BUT I thought the most interesting thing about that fight was how easily the REF got him in an arm bar and disabled him!!!

that fight was fun... but it told us nothing really about mariusz and if he has any skills.

The Youtube links I have seen of him boxing training he looks pretty crap in all honesty.

was fun though and thanks for the link!

hope he does well. HUGE fan!
Gotta agree with porkie, i didn't see the fight but looking through hes training clips on youtube, hes "boxing" looks very shabby at best, his arms are too big to throw a proper jab for a start. You can be the best fighter in the world but if you can't take a punch what good is that? look at Marcus jones, the guys fucking huge! and can fight/wrestle to boot but EVERY time he got caught on the chin he'd wobble and go down!

Although like Kimbo theirs money to be made off the back of his name so theyres no doubt we'll see him in ufc.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Pob

Originally Posted by dojj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLZhWLSjUuI

when he can do moves like the above, then they will quit bugging him

ok, from a purely real life point of view here, the above clip shows brock attempting to do a shoot start press on kurt angle, brock outweighed kurt by about 60 lbs but kurt raelly was the real deal, and made brock lok like a better wrestler than he actually was in that match
What happened to him??? It seems once wrestlers hit it big in wwe, they disappear.

I get what you guys are saying about mariusz, but it was his first match. I'll wait and see what he can do in following matches.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:23 PM
simon170

Pob: The wrestlers keep going until they get injured then the company throws them aside and goes on to the next guy wanting make some money. The injured guy normally dies potless, thinking of the good times....
Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 PM
RobL

i saw the vid of maruizs on the pads and it was pretty bad,also i dont think the guy holding the pads had much of a clue
but at the end of the day you dont need to be a good boxer to do well in mma.look at matt hughes one of the most succesful champs in ufc history but his stand up is dire tbh id outbox himlesners stand up is awfull too frank mir whos got a shit standup game himself had him in trouble.theres loads of examples of succesful mma fighters who cant strike for shit.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by FastFordChris
hes "boxing" looks very shabby at best, his arms are too big to throw a proper jab for a start. You can be the best fighter in the world but if you can't take a punch what good is that?
whats not being able throw a punch got do with not being able take a punch?
Old 12-12-2009, 02:35 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

lets face it he wouldn't stand a chance agasint the top fighters in the UFC, but if he can put some kinda MMA skills together then with his power and providing he can take a punch or to then he could be a very decent fighter

Quick Reply: Mariusz Puzdzianzowzskiz(working link)