General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mariusz Puzdzianzowzskiz(working link)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
so what are you saying then?
that it's ok that benni understands wrestling? YEP
or that i understand wrestling? YOU DON'T
or that you don't understand why i understand wrestling? I DON'T understand why you DON'T understand wrestling
still haven't had an answer as to weather or not marius can do a moonsault or not KNOB

and yes rich, you are right AGREE
last one... I promise Rich
Old 12-12-2009, 10:58 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

so you've bottled it by not answering the simple question then

ok, on to the next thread then, this ones done
Old 12-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

so you've bottled it by not answering the simple question then

ok, on to the next forum then, this ones done
Praise the Lord!!!

and I dont mean the 'Macho man' randy Savage either!!!!
Old 12-12-2009, 11:03 PM
dojj

i think you were thinking about brother love there

no, really, if you want to see cringeworthy, just look up brother love on youtube or the like and you'll see a red faced fat bloke in a white suit doing all preachy

and not even i could defend that gimmick
Old 12-12-2009, 11:19 PM
Bladerider
Part of the Furniture

Porkie et al,

I dont think the "glass jaw" concept is valid specifically for Marius as its the same for all fighters, irrespective of size. I am assuming that anyone who is entering into a competition that has being punched in the face alot as one of the main criteria is expecting to get punched in the face - alot !! The point people seemed to be missing was that punches you or I may feel as heavy blows will mean very little to him because of his size and the pain threshold strength type athletes have to get used to enduring to get to be successful in that arena.

I totally realise that stones dont hit back, its just that even a marius with slightly blurry half concussed vision would still probably have more than enough strength to walk past those couple of blows needed in order to grab whatever person it was throwing them, at which point the ball is fairly and squarely in his court with a massive strength and probably weight advantage.

Thats the whole point of MMA and UFC - all these guys with fancy moves and so on often dont get a chance to unleash their best shots and manage to overcome people of similar bulk, strength and size by the fact the are a bit quicker, a bit stronger, or whatever, compared to someone who is of a similar stature. getting a couple of blows into someone big and bulky enough to be a multiple world champion strongman is not comparing like with like and suddenly those small advantages that make the difference usually probably wont count as much. We're not talking about some dude who hits the gym for a few hours so he looks buff on WWF are we !! lol

J.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by Porkie
fine.

I'll actually APOLOGISE and admit I am wrong

genuinely as well.

If you have the kind of sense of humour and taste that finds wrestling 'entertaining and funny' then I can understand why you watch it....

I really can.

So sorry Benni.

I reckon there are very very few that really understand wrestling though!!!!

you clearly do.

that CUNT dojj doesn't though.... FUCKING ANNOYING ON THREADS LIKE THIS WHEN HE POSTS VIDEOS ON MEN ACTING AND DOING SYNCRONISED GYMNASTICS WHEN WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!
Just as well you apologised. I know the Big Show.

Benni.

P.S Apology accepted.
Old 13-12-2009, 12:06 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

still haven't had an answer as to weather or not marius can do a moonsault or not
wtf is a moonsault?
Old 13-12-2009, 12:15 AM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wrestling is GAY. End of
Old 13-12-2009, 12:17 AM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Originally Posted by Bladerider
Porkie et al,

I dont think the "glass jaw" concept is valid specifically for Marius as its the same for all fighters, irrespective of size. I am assuming that anyone who is entering into a competition that has being punched in the face alot as one of the main criteria is expecting to get punched in the face - alot !! The point people seemed to be missing was that punches you or I may feel as heavy blows will mean very little to him because of his size and the pain threshold strength type athletes have to get used to enduring to get to be successful in that arena.

I totally realise that stones dont hit back, its just that even a marius with slightly blurry half concussed vision would still probably have more than enough strength to walk past those couple of blows needed in order to grab whatever person it was throwing them, at which point the ball is fairly and squarely in his court with a massive strength and probably weight advantage.

Thats the whole point of MMA and UFC - all these guys with fancy moves and so on often dont get a chance to unleash their best shots and manage to overcome people of similar bulk, strength and size by the fact the are a bit quicker, a bit stronger, or whatever, compared to someone who is of a similar stature. getting a couple of blows into someone big and bulky enough to be a multiple world champion strongman is not comparing like with like and suddenly those small advantages that make the difference usually probably wont count as much. We're not talking about some dude who hits the gym for a few hours so he looks buff on WWF are we !! lol

J.

Lmao his jaw isnt going to be any stonger then anyone else on the planet, he can be knocked out just as easy as anyone else, getting knocked out is nothing to do with pain, hence why half the idiots that get ko'd didnt even know it happend untill they come around. I dont think anyone in mma feels pain (withing reason ofcourse) during the match, you would be so pumped up that any pain other then some sort of joint lock or a kick in the balls would not effect you in a way that you would want to stop, a perfect example is the ref stoping the fight for the fighers safty or the team throwing in the towel, the fighter himself would not normaly give up, and i dont think in mma at least i have ever seen that happen
Old 13-12-2009, 12:29 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Porkie et al,

J.
you have no real experience of boxing or fighting do you...

for all we know Mariusz could have the biggest glass jaw out there.

as the famous boxing saying goes...

'you cant put muscles on your chin'

and to be honest... its the punches you dont see that hurt you.

staying with british fighter you know. Lennox lewis, nigel benn, joe calazge, ricky hatton have all taken BOMBS with no effect from HUGE punchers in fights...

but have all been knocked over by people as well....
Old 13-12-2009, 02:38 AM
FastFordChris

Originally Posted by RobL
dont necessarily mean he aint gonna be able take it on the chin and shoot for a takedown though does it?
another advocate of the game that actually knows fuck all

i didn't say he couldn't, hes not been tested yet, i simply said if he can't throw a proper jab he'll be more likely to get hit, if he hasn't got a solid chin hes in trouble.
And you can get hit when your on the ground too..
I trained in mma for 3 years..
Old 13-12-2009, 07:37 AM
dazliddle

BIG MEN CAN MOVE- check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSs06...layer_embedded
Old 13-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Bladerider
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by Porkie
...I'll just carry on regardless not listening to conceptual ideas...
Take a break from typing fella and READ !!

I was talking about the fact that anyone can get knocked out, and that any new fighter into a division will be an unknown quantity as far as glass jaws are concerned. Theres also the fact that ANYONE can get knocked out in the right circumstances - Lewis/Rahman is a perfect example.

So basically we are sort of saying the same thing but you seem to be putting Marius on a downer just because he's big where as Im saying his size and background may well give him an advantage even in a situation that might be the complete undoing of a more normal size and strength opponent. thats all !!

I mean this in a perfectly friendly way, so I dont see why you are talking about fighting backgrounds either. Whilst i have never been a boxer, i have been 6ft and over 16 stone since I was 16 years old, played rugby and then american football right up to international standard at around 18-19 stone playing weight at which time I could run 40yards fully kitted in 5seconds (I would say I was only half as strong as Marius). Ive been a doorman for a while and whilst I have never tried martial arts or a fighting type sport have certainly been in plenty of situations where a smaller more proficient person has tried to gain an advantage on me personally which usually resulted in them going to hospital with a broken limb or two and perhaps getting thrown through something solid like a bus shelter.

So no, I dont have any direct experience but i can imagine enough of the pieces to fill in the gaps of the jigsaw !!

J.
Old 13-12-2009, 04:40 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Take a break from typing fella and READ !!

I was talking about the fact that anyone can get knocked out, and that any new fighter into a division will be an unknown quantity as far as glass jaws are concerned. Theres also the fact that ANYONE can get knocked out in the right circumstances - Lewis/Rahman is a perfect example.

So basically we are sort of saying the same thing but you seem to be putting Marius on a downer just because he's big where as Im saying his size and background may well give him an advantage even in a situation that might be the complete undoing of a more normal size and strength opponent. thats all !!

I mean this in a perfectly friendly way, so I dont see why you are talking about fighting backgrounds either. Whilst i have never been a boxer, i have been 6ft and over 16 stone since I was 16 years old, played rugby and then american football right up to international standard at around 18-19 stone playing weight at which time I could run 40yards fully kitted in 5seconds (I would say I was only half as strong as Marius). Ive been a doorman for a while and whilst I have never tried martial arts or a fighting type sport have certainly been in plenty of situations where a smaller more proficient person has tried to gain an advantage on me personally which usually resulted in them going to hospital with a broken limb or two and perhaps getting thrown through something solid like a bus shelter.

So no, I dont have any direct experience but i can imagine enough of the pieces to fill in the gaps of the jigsaw !!

J.

The only advantage i can see of his massive strenght Vs a what would be a normal size guy in mma is that if anyone was trying to get a joint lock on him i think he would just rip there arms off and also trying to keep him on the ground is going to be hard to say the least, as said before he can move fast for a big man and im sure is stamina can match all this, looks at andrea orlovski, he was a bigger man who could move like a smaller man
Old 13-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im sure his massive neck muscles will help him,from what i gather a ko is due to movement of the brain in the skull,and a strong neck will surley help?
Anyway i wasnt massively impressed with his first fight,like somebody said it looked very amature,im sure some of the mma lads have the capabilty to ko him
Old 13-12-2009, 05:14 PM
Spiky
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by RETRO_AL_
Im sure his massive neck muscles will help him,from what i gather a ko is due to movement of the brain in the skull,and a strong neck will surley help?
Anyway i wasnt massively impressed with his first fight,like somebody said it looked very amature,im sure some of the mma lads have the capabilty to ko him

i would have thought it would be the oppisite, as his head wont move AT ALL, yet his brain will?

i'm far from being a doctor though
Old 13-12-2009, 05:24 PM
Retro Al
RWD IS KING

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiky
i would have thought it would be the oppisite, as his head wont move AT ALL, yet his brain will?

Mmmm that could be a good point! lol
Old 13-12-2009, 05:28 PM
Bladerider
Part of the Furniture

I think the first fight showed something fairly basic.

that a very big strong man hitting you probably more heavily than you have been hit before, even if its got no style or technique behind it, will still wind you, stop you, hurt you, whatever you want to call it. The result is they win and you might well be ok once youve had a few seconds to recover, but at the time the onslaught is so severe you dont get a chance to actually do anything about it.

When he kicked the other guy, you could see the chap get thrown back a long distance, nothing much the fella could do about it, and Im sure its the same with those crude blows he was hitting him with - they werent well targetted, or particularly nasty in the sense of a well thrown punch, but the force was enough to simply pummel the opponent into a heap, referee will always stop that as its got such a high probablility that if it continues a really dangerous blow could happen.

Im not saying for one second that it was pretty or that he's got mega skills or anything, and I appreciate that someone who is at the top of their game in UFC might well stand a chance at picking him off or doing what Mir did to Lesnar in their first match, but unless they get a bit of luck or an opportunity which is down to marius's lack of defence skill to get that ultra quick hold that cant be broken like Mir/Lesnar then the sheer strength of someone like Marius would prevail on the ground. And if they are relying on picking him off with a shot from distance or a kick or whatever then they need one hell of a strong blow to stop him effectively in one punch before he just "rushes" the other fighter and then uses sheer strength to pummel them to the floor as in this match.

Just look at Haye vs Valuev - despite being super quick, and reigning blows on the big fella, Haye did very little alot of the time to actually stop Valuev in his tracks. I agree that a heavier puncher like Tyson may have been able to do more, but I doubt that would necessarily have happened in the first 30 seconds, at which point unlike in Boxing the bigger opponent could get an opportunity to just repeat what Marius did in this first fight.

Its all moot until it actually happens anyway, and I think coming into a new sport we should all give him an opportunity to develop a few more skills and tactics to really get a "good value" all round performance out of him.

J.
Old 13-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Bladerider
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted by Spiky

No it was right first time.

You hit the bloke and his head flys back while his brain remains in the same lace suspended in liquid slightly, a bit like shopping flying forwards if you get hit by a car. If you were in a big enough strong enough lorry that the car hitting you just bounced off you shopping wouldnt be disturbed. So really really strong neck muscles help take the sting out the punch before the head accelerates back too quickly thus reducing the force on the brain.

J.
Old 13-12-2009, 05:47 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

they need one hell of a strong blow to stop him effectively in one punch before he just "rushes" the other fighter and then uses sheer strength to pummel them to the floor as in this match.

J.
Nobody on the planet can take a kick to the skull from cro cop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cWaDVRaEeM
Old 13-12-2009, 07:01 PM
dojj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZEx2FRrb2A

this looked very impressive

although if the big fella had landed any one of them wild haymakers, i fear that the chap on the reciving end would have been the one on teh canvass

btw, totally agree with what bladerider said a few posts ago
Old 13-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Tarren

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone got a link to the pudzianowski fight ??

Links dont work
Old 13-12-2009, 07:25 PM
RobL

although if the big fella had landed any one of them wild haymakers, i fear that the chap on the reciving end would have been the one on teh canvass

crocop actually busted sapps eye socket with tht punch if i remember right
Old 13-12-2009, 07:27 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Crocop broke bob sapps collor bone with that punch
Old 13-12-2009, 07:59 PM
turbo_3dr_tommy

Originally Posted by grchmason
Anyone got a link to the pudzianowski fight ??

Links dont work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNt8v8ruwgQ
Old 13-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Bladerider
Part of the Furniture

Oh god,

Forget I said anything !!

Old 14-12-2009, 11:01 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

anyone got any links to the fight that work???
Old 14-12-2009, 11:12 AM
turbo_3dr_tommy

look 2 posts up mate ^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 14-12-2009, 11:34 AM
DanCossie
Post Whore

Originally Posted by turbo_3dr_tommy
look 2 posts up mate ^^^^^^^^^^^
link has been taken down mate
Old 17-12-2009, 09:35 PM
jacko
PassionFord Post Whore!!

reading mma mag today in an intervue marius wants to fight brock when he is fit and helthy again
Old 18-12-2009, 09:42 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

As much as I hate Brock Lesnar, he would knack marius. Give Marius a couple of years more MMA training and then it would be a different story I think.
Old 18-12-2009, 12:15 PM
RobL

ive seen news going round thats hes lining up to fght Aleksander Emelianenko
bad move if he does,aleks is a top class fighter hes not ready for that step up yet

Old 18-12-2009, 01:58 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, I seen on MMA live last night that there's a possibility that he may fight Fedor's brother! Never seen him fight but if he's anything like Fedor then I think Marius will have trouble on his hands!!
Old 18-12-2009, 02:00 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
yes, I seen on MMA live last night that there's a possibility that he may fight Fedor's brother! Never seen him fight but if he's anything like Fedor then I think Marius will have trouble on his hands!!

He is basicly fedors sparing partner, hes is pretty good lol
Old 13-07-2010, 08:31 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know if hes still in the game???
Old 13-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by StephenC
Anyone know if hes still in the game???
yeah he fought ex ufc fighter tim sylvia a while back and got his arse kicked lol
Old 13-07-2010, 08:43 PM
StephenC
..BS Motorsport..

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

fair do's
Old 14-07-2010, 05:29 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

he fought tim silvia and tapped out due to strikes in the second round.....
Old 14-07-2010, 04:44 PM
RS220Turbo
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Aleksander Emelianenko - Jesus this man can fight!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV59c...eature=related
Old 14-07-2010, 04:50 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Originally Posted by RS220Turbo
Aleksander Emelianenko - Jesus this man can fight!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV59c...eature=related
yeh Fedor is mint.......but imho he aint the best and plenty in the UFC would love to have a go with him, but the deal was never right for fedor and his managment

Quick Reply: Mariusz Puzdzianzowzskiz(working link)