General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Mariusz Puzdzianzowzskiz(working link)

Search this Thread

Old 30-11-2009, 08:50 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's not about winning or losing through

it's about putting bigger and bigger guys in the ring with bigger and bigger guys

at some point the peole who watch won't want to watch 2 500lb monsters standing there sucking wind after throwing 1 punch each

and, at the same time, if you have a set of peole who work well and are evenly matched, then you will have more exciting and effective match ups, if you suddenly throw in someone who is 50% more than your normal roster who then goes around anihilating everyting in his path, who is going to realistically want to do anything other than watchi him beat the other guy to a pulp?

we had the same thing with boxing with some big lumbering freaks getting into the ring who couldn't last the distance and look what happened
Old 30-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
we had the same thing with boxing with some big lumbering freaks getting into the ring who couldn't last the distance and look what happened

Did we?

Wrestling has/did turn into a freak show with the undertaker, big show etc, no techincal skill just strength and freaky size. Thats probably why its went to shit.

MMA/Boxing is different because if a 13st dripping wet fighter started winning every match, had style, personality etc... he would be the biggest name in the sport. Its not scripted or contrived in any way to make one athlete more popular/succesful as the others, therefore size is irrelevant. Although human nature ensures we all love to see two big units knocking lumps out each other.
Old 30-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

errr UFC/Boxing IS.... because its a sport.

Wrestling is ACTING.

STOP FUCKING CONFUSING THE TWO.

If something has a script and the winner decided before hand then its NOT a fucking sport you wally!

what are you talking about?!?!?!??!!?
Old 30-11-2009, 09:22 AM
dojj

the big slow, yes
undertaker? with his gammy knees and generally fucked up body? yes
but if you go down jus tone size you get the likes of batista, the best part of 300lbs, 6 foot 6 and, in his last match, against kane (the wrong side of 3230 lbs and 6 foot 8+ ) which lasted a good 20 minutes, showed that, at a heafty pace, they can still give it all without blowing up

i know what you mean about ti being predetermined outcomes etc, but 2 lighter guys will put on a much better show for the fans than 2 big giants doing the standard lumping of each other

mma has got its own core of fans for each different show/organisation and the last thing they want to do is start a money war where they simply tempt the biggest guys to the ring with a multi million$ payday garantee simpy for the change to say they've got a "name" headlining the event

with marius being a big name, how long will it be before the big promoters come knocking on his door?
Old 30-11-2009, 09:35 AM
RobL
Advanced PassionFord User

it's about putting bigger and bigger guys in the ring with bigger and bigger guys

at some point the peole who watch won't want to watch 2 500lb monsters standing there sucking wind after throwing 1 punch each

and, at the same time, if you have a set of peole who work well and are evenly matched, then you will have more exciting and effective match ups, if you suddenly throw in someone who is 50% more than your normal roster who then goes around anihilating everyting in his path, who is going to realistically want to do anything other than watchi him beat the other guy to a pulp?

hmmm people dont watch ufc or mma to specifically see big musclebound guys go at it though so i dont see were your going with this
brock is such a big draw because hes brought a lot of his fanbase over from wwe not because mma fans want to see big musclebound guys
i think your confusing what you want to see with what mma fans want to see?
Old 30-11-2009, 10:18 AM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

the big slow, yes
undertaker?
sorry, thought you were talking Boxing.

only children, rednecks and retards care about wrestling.

I am none of the above.
Old 30-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by Porkie

I am none of the above.

Priceless!
Old 30-11-2009, 11:33 AM
dojj

I am none of the above.
your onion, quite entitled to it

wrestling went through it, boxing is going through it, mma is going to go through it, you'll just have to wait till it's happened
Old 30-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Kieron

I am none of the above.
So true.

Marius is awesome in WSM (2009 on TV over Xmas BTW). The guy gives everything 150% and is super fit for a stongman. His previous fighting pedigree along with his strength should make him an ideal person to enter the ring.

Time will tell. Would love to watch this.
Old 30-11-2009, 11:45 AM
RobL

your onion, quite entitled to it

wrestling went through it, boxing is going through it, mma is going to go through it, you'll just have to wait till it's happened
going though what? what you on about? anyone got a clue?
Old 30-11-2009, 12:34 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by RobL
going though what? what you on about? anyone got a clue?
why has it taken this long for people STILL not to understand that you will get to a point when you will get guys who are too big to be able to do the job simply because the promoters get it into their heads that people want to see bigger and bigger guys scraping

and that seeing as it happened 10-15 years ago in wrestling, it's happened over the past few years in boxing, and that mma looks like it's going the same way?

or is it because the vast majority are just so blinkered that they don't accept this?
Old 30-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I love the Dojj wrestling posts

But it's properly insulting to compare Wrestling to Boxing, UFC or any other SPORT were bloke actually DO hit each other.

Dojj, come on man, you cant say "batista, the best part of 300lbs, 6 foot 6 and, in his last match, against kane (the wrong side of 3230 lbs and 6 foot 8+ ) which lasted a good 20 minutes, showed that, at a heafty pace, they can still give it all without blowing up"

Course they can last 20mins, its a fuckin aerobic workout! I doubt they could last 20mins with someone smacking them in the jaw and gut. Boxers really are true athletes and UFC,MMA fighters really are as tough as they come....just look at most of thier ears Taken a proper lickin'.

Wresting, well, it's just a tad gay...

I'd love to watch Pudzi fight, animal!

But forget about that for now, what i REALLY want is some completley random Wrestling facts, come on Dojj, don't hold out on me now. Spill it!

What does the Honkey Tonk Man really think about Jake the Snake Roberts?? and is his snake really a cyborg? Programmed by Vince?
Old 30-11-2009, 12:55 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i personally dont want to see bigger people fight in the ufc quite happy with the beast

Old 30-11-2009, 01:14 PM
RobL

why has it taken this long for people STILL not to understand that you will get to a point when you will get guys who are too big to be able to do the job simply because the promoters get it into their heads that people want to see bigger and bigger guys scraping
ffs thats not what people who watch mma want though,noone gives a fuck how big or ripped they are as long as they can fight
you do realise maruisz is fighting in a small time org against a nobody dont you? if and when he proves himself hell get a shot at the bigtime and it wont be because of how big or ripped he is
Old 30-11-2009, 01:20 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Neil@FastFord

I love the Dojj wrestling posts

But it's properly insulting to compare Wrestling to Boxing, UFC or any other SPORT were bloke actually DO hit each other.

Dojj, come on man, you cant say "batista, the best part of 300lbs, 6 foot 6 and, in his last match, against kane (the wrong side of 3230 lbs and 6 foot 8+ ) which lasted a good 20 minutes, showed that, at a heafty pace, they can still give it all without blowing up"

Course they can last 20mins, its a fuckin aerobic workout! I doubt they could last 20mins with someone smacking them in the jaw and gut. Boxers really are true athletes and UFC,MMA fighters really are as tough as they come....just look at most of thier ears Taken a proper lickin'.

Wresting, well, it's just a tad gay...
be they playing with feather dusters or climbing mountins or whatever, they are doing athletic type stuff which invovles throwing each other about, so if you can throw each other about, or at least, in your words, pretend to throw each other about, for 20 minutes you've got to be convincing
when you get past this size and you get to the likes of the big show, he's a whole division above, so you have a guy who's the wrong side of 300lbs, but not close to the likes of dalip singh, who comes in at 420 lbs, and can hardly wreslte at all becuae he's out of breath in 5 minutes, or paul wight, who's weight flutuates between 440 and 500 lbs and is ok in the ring, but way to slow to the likes of mark henry, who at 400 lbs is still too big to do anything other than play the power game

david haye made vitali kiltchko look like a tired old man, not because he wasn't as good as him, the big guy was just too big to last the distance, and that's the boxing comparison i'm making

everyone was saying how he was a monster and he'd knock haye into the middle of next week, but once his power game was neutralised he had nothing to offer

and now, with what looks like mma getting into the swing of things and gearing up for the big time, they look like they are going to possibly make the same mistakes, find a big guy, pay him lots of money, watch him perform poorly, wonder where it all went wrong

I'd love to watch Pudzi fight, animal!

But forget about that for now, what i REALLY want is some completley random Wrestling facts, come on Dojj, don't hold out on me now. Spill it!

What does the Honkey Tonk Man really think about Jake the Snake Roberts?? and is his snake really a cyborg? Programmed by Vince?
it was wayne farris' comments about jerry lawler mate
jake roberts is a drug adled junkie
and lawler is now a failed mayoral candidate, polling around 4000 votes in the local elections in memphis recently
plus, he's just turned 60 so he can get a bus pass
Old 30-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Thank you!

Love it!
Old 30-11-2009, 01:28 PM
dojj

ffs thats not what people who watch mma want though,no one gives a fuck how big or ripped they are as long as they can fight
you do realise maruisz is fighting in a small time org against a nobody dont you? if and when he proves himself hell get a shot at the bigtime and it wont be because of how big or ripped he is
and how many people are going to watch the fight?
or find out what the resluts are?
or are going to be looking at their cheque books wondering if they can fit his name onto the payee line?
brock lesnar was the next big thing and look what happened to him after his "defeat", he went off the mainstream radar and even if he's done well afterwards, he hasn't got that air of invicibility he came to the party with
marius is going to fight a jobber, only there to be squashed so that he can make himself look good for the open market where his worth will be deemed suitable for whatever they think he's going to draw

i'm not saying he won't do well, but he may be the start of the big time before the decline
Old 30-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Ollie.
PassionFord Post Troll

Someone REALLY needs to get a life.
Old 30-11-2009, 02:00 PM
RobL

and how many people are going to watch the fight?
or find out what the resluts are?
or are going to be looking at their cheque books wondering if they can fit his name onto the payee line?
brock lesnar was the next big thing and look what happened to him after his "defeat", he went off the mainstream radar and even if he's done well afterwards, he hasn't got that air of invicibility he came to the party with
marius is going to fight a jobber, only there to be squashed so that he can make himself look good for the open market where his worth will be deemed suitable for whatever they think he's going to draw

i'm not saying he won't do well, but he may be the start of the big time before the decline
maruisz has got a big following because he competed in wsm for years so naturally a lot of people are gonna be eager to see how he goes on
and beating this guy isnt gonna prove a hell of a lot tbh, he will have to do quite bit more to make it to the ufc.
and dont forget the vast majority of mma fans didnt want lesner in the ufc at first, they thought the signing of lesner was making a mockery of the sport,and hes still not well liked now the majority of his fanbase are what have followed him from that shite you watch

Last edited by RobL; 30-11-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 30-11-2009, 02:07 PM
dojj

maruisz has got a big following because he competed in wsm for years so naturally a lot of people are gonna be eager to see how he goes on
and beating this guy isnt gonna prove a hell of a lot tbh, he will have to do quite bit more to make it to the ufc.
and dont forget the vast majority of mma fans didnt want lesner in the ufc at first, they thought the signing of lesner was making a mockery of the sport,and hes still not well liked now the majority of his fanbase are what have followed him from that shite you watch
not being an mma fan i wouldn't know all that as i only follow the wrestling

but you are trying to justify marius being top dog because HIS fans are going to come and watch his fights at the same time as saying that lesnar is a flop beacuse HIS fans came ot watch him fight

i think i understand the point you are making, marius has a wider appeal than brock and the fans of mma seem to be more pro marius as opposed to anti brock

yes?
Old 30-11-2009, 02:08 PM
dojj

and yay for the tags

thanks for the vote of approval

random dojj for president, wrestling rocks man
Old 30-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Wtf.

He lost his first fight through a total schoolboy error, took Mir down but got caught out through his own in-experience, then beat heath herring, then went on to beat UFC legend Randy Couture!! and then dominated Frank Mir in his next fight!

Hardly went "off the mainstream radar"

Now he's ill and might not be back depending what reports you believe but he has still made a name for himself in the UFC.
Old 30-11-2009, 02:19 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo
Wtf.

He lost his first fight through a total schoolboy error, took Mir down but got caught out through his own in-experience, then beat heath herring, then went on to beat UFC legend Randy Couture!! and then dominated Frank Mir in his next fight!

Hardly went "off the mainstream radar"

Now he's ill and might not be back depending what reports you believe but he has still made a name for himself in the UFC.

whats wrong with brosck lensar?
Old 30-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Coldo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by saph4be
whats wrong with brosck lensar?
He has Mononucleosis, which is like Glandular fever and Diverticulitis, that is something to do with his intestines. Leaking waste into his abdomen and causing internal bleeding and abcesses.
Old 30-11-2009, 02:33 PM
RobL

not being an mma fan i wouldn't know all that as i only follow the wrestling

but you are trying to justify marius being top dog because HIS fans are going to come and watch his fights at the same time as saying that lesnar is a flop beacuse HIS fans came ot watch him fight

i think i understand the point you are making, marius has a wider appeal than brock and the fans of mma seem to be more pro marius as opposed to anti brock

yes?
im not trying justify maruisz being top dog? he aint nothing in mma, i loved watching him in wsm and im interested to see how he does in mma but for all i know he could get knocked the fuck out first punch.and i never said lesner was a flop hes just not well liked by many ufc fans,mainly because of his pantonmime background
its like going round in circles debating with you

Last edited by RobL; 30-11-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 30-11-2009, 02:41 PM
PF Ben
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Did I miss something, has Haye fought Klitscho?!.....

Or am I / has someone else gone a bit popcorn?!

Ben
Old 30-11-2009, 02:56 PM
saph4be
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Coldo
He has Mononucleosis, which is like Glandular fever and Diverticulitis, that is something to do with his intestines. Leaking waste into his abdomen and causing internal bleeding and abcesses.

thaks mate but fuck me that sounds a bit serious hope he recovers
Old 30-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

completely agree. Its insulting and disrespectful to all those real fighters out there.

SO FUCK OFF THIS THREAD DOJJ.

or talk about WSM, UFC, BOXING etc....

NOT FUCKING ACTING!!!

its like comparing this....

to this

yes both things have cars and drivers.... but there the similarities END.

Honestly Dojj... I don't mind you enjoying wrestling, or posting about it.

BUT AT LEAST FUCKING UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE ENJOYING YOU WALLY!!!

Its a soap opera for kids.

NOT A SPORT, so ANYTHING you have said (not that I have read it to be honest!) is totally Irrelevant.
Old 30-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Porkie
20K+ Super Poster.

Originally Posted by PF Ben

Ben

think you have mate.

who mentioned that?
Old 30-11-2009, 03:35 PM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Lee,

Give up. Dojj either cant or doesnt want to understand what is staring him in the face. We have all tried.
Old 30-11-2009, 05:03 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by PF Ben

Ben
that russian fella, i migh have got the name worng though, the big ugly fella
Old 30-11-2009, 05:45 PM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

wrestling is embarrassing, any adult who likes that has something wrong with them.
Old 30-11-2009, 06:00 PM
NEIL A
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Should be good to see as said above he is built more like a bodybuilder than your normal wsm, also seems to be alot quicker and more agile than most of them.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-JDG...ian_dominator/

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-3Zj..._pudzianowski/

Last edited by NEIL A; 30-11-2009 at 06:03 PM.
Old 30-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Ginger Will
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Why follow wrestling?

That's all, thank you and goodnight!
Old 30-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Punkie
For Sale..Apply within.

Dojj,

UFC is not about watching bigger and bigger men. Unlike the Sports Entertainment WWE they have weightclasses.

Brock fights in Heavyweight division which is over 205 lbs. to 265 lbs.so bigger and bigger is not an issue.

Yes, there are people who watch UFC (or any MMA event) purely for knockouts, but Im just as excited to see someone pull off an awesome submission!
Old 30-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Apparenly the first 2 people to spar with him got fooked up lol one broken ribs etc and other got broken leg

Said his power is just scary and that he's now know as the destroyer not the dominator
Old 30-11-2009, 08:38 PM
CosworthGuy
3dr Cosworth owner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that russian fella, i migh have got the name worng though, the big ugly fella
David haye has just fought nikolai valuev the other week not any of the klitchko brother. They are ukrainian by the way not russian. He's wanting to fight both of them before he turns 31 so can retire undisputed heavyweight champ.
Old 30-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Dont look much, small arms, little chest, Amir Khan would take him easy.

His he human
Old 30-11-2009, 09:15 PM
RobL

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
Apparenly the first 2 people to spar with him got fooked up lol one broken ribs etc and other got broken leg

Said his power is just scary and that he's now know as the destroyer not the dominator
i reckon theres a good chance of him being badass
with his kickboxing and boxing background hes gonna know how to throw a punch or kick properly you wouldve thought and with that much power behind them he should fuck some people up
Old 30-11-2009, 10:02 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Punkie
Dojj,

UFC is not about watching bigger and bigger men. Unlike the Sports Entertainment WWE they have weightclasses.

Brock fights in Heavyweight division which is over 205 lbs. to 265 lbs.so bigger and bigger is not an issue.

Yes, there are people who watch UFC (or any MMA event) purely for knockouts, but Im just as excited to see someone pull off an awesome submission!
i wasn't aware of that, but whre would you go when you were above 265lbs then?
or is there no point in being "that" big? in which case my arguement won't work?

Originally Posted by Series1Guy
David haye has just fought nikolai valuev the other week not any of the klitchko brother. They are ukrainian by the way not russian. He's wanting to fight both of them before he turns 31 so can retire undisputed heavyweight champ.
that's him then, but them brothers are both on the large side ain't they? ones better than the other if i recall reading my back pages of teh sun properly

Originally Posted by MadRod
Dont look much, small arms, little chest, Amir Khan would take him easy.

His he human
don't be silly rod, they'd say it'd had been chosen for amir because it was an easy win for him

Quick Reply: Mariusz Puzdzianzowzskiz(working link)