General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Swine Flu Vaccination

Search this Thread

Old 18-11-2009, 09:43 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swine Flu Vaccination

Anyone had it, anyone having it (ie high risk groups)
Old 18-11-2009, 09:55 AM
**caz**
PassionFord Post Whore!!

someone at work had it the other day, and is now really ill

x
Old 18-11-2009, 10:01 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by **caz**
someone at work had it the other day, and is now really ill

x
ProBaBly a coincedence. The amount injected into you is like less than 10% of the actual virus. Not enough to really make you ill. Although some people will always have some symptoms.
Old 18-11-2009, 10:06 AM
SiZT
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
ProBaBly a coincedence. The amount injected into you is like less than 10% of the actual virus. Not enough to really make you ill. Although some people will always have some symptoms.
I know loads of people who have had the jab and fallen ill of it. I had a mild case earlier in the year so I've just got the common cold to contend with at the mo
Old 18-11-2009, 10:13 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SiZT
I know loads of people who have had the jab and fallen ill of it. I had a mild case earlier in the year so I've just got the common cold to contend with at the mo
Swine flu ill? or just ill?!

How long were they ill for? My GF has had the normal flu one so far and was ok. She is due the swine one soon also as she is a care worker.
Old 18-11-2009, 10:17 AM
SiZT

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My aunties a nurse and they all had to have it, some got symptoms (swine flu ill, pains over the body, one had major swelling in the arm where it had been injected). I'm not sure how long they were ill for. I know a friend of my Dad's had it last week and is still ill at the moment. I think it comes down to how your body takes it at the end of the day.
Old 18-11-2009, 10:23 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SiZT
My aunties a nurse and they all had to have it, some got symptoms (swine flu ill, pains over the body, one had major swelling in the arm where it had been injected). I'm not sure how long they were ill for. I know a friend of my Dad's had it last week and is still ill at the moment. I think it comes down to how your body takes it at the end of the day.
Yeah sure. I have had normal flu jaB last year and had no symptoms. Thats no Garuntee.

If you were offered it would you accept it?
Old 18-11-2009, 10:24 AM
godrikki
PassionFord Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my mum is a surgical nurse and they were asked if they wanted it so she asked her doctor about it and he said if you dont have underlying health problems then DONT take it its not worth it.he also said that its actually for the h1n5 virus and not h1n1 or the other way about h1n1 and not h1n5.then he also started telling her about tamiflu saying that its not really had any clinical trials etc etc.my mate had swine flu he also said that the tamiflu made him feel ten times worse and that he wishes hed never taken it
Old 18-11-2009, 10:30 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by godrikki
my mum is a surgical nurse and they were asked if they wanted it so she asked her doctor about it and he said if you dont have underlying health problems then DONT take it its not worth it.he also said that its actually for the h1n5 virus and not h1n1 or the other way about h1n1 and not h1n5.then he also started telling her about tamiflu saying that its not really had any clinical trials etc etc.my mate had swine flu he also said that the tamiflu made him feel ten times worse and that he wishes hed never taken it
Actualy, H5N1 is Bird flu. They are NOT vaccinating against that.

They are Vaccinating against H1N1 which is Swine Flu.

If you dont have underlying health issues then its a decision you make not to have it. Swine Flu and regular Flu are killing people.

30% of all Hospitalised are Asthmatic's. Correct me if im wrong. Quite a large proportion of the population are Asthmatic's.

They are in a high risk group and are Being offered it first along with Heart diesease suffers and other hgh risk groups.

A normal healthy adult is still at risk if they contract H1N1.
Old 18-11-2009, 10:49 AM
godrikki
PassionFord Regular

Actualy, H5N1 is Bird flu. They are NOT vaccinating against that.

They are Vaccinating against H1N1 which is Swine Flu.
THAT IS MY POINT its not actually for that strain its for bird flu but the health service being as strained as it is financially means that they have to use it as its readilly available even if it does have a massive amount of side affects and is not actually the correct tool for the job
Old 18-11-2009, 10:52 AM
mrjenrst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

i had flu a couple of weeks ago and was on tamiflu, all it does and is ment to do is to get over it 1 day early.
Old 18-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Carl, why do you capitalise the letter B?
Old 18-11-2009, 10:56 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

THAT IS MY POINT its not actually for that strain its for bird flu but the health service being as strained as it is financially means that they have to use it as its readilly available even if it does have a massive amount of side affects and is not actually the correct tool for the job
I dont get your point at all.

There Vaccinating against H1N1. Forget the H5N1 mate.
Old 18-11-2009, 10:57 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Carl, why do you capitalise the letter B?
KeyBoard is Broken, so i have to copy and paste BBB's.... So if its a capital i copy its what is used!!
Old 18-11-2009, 11:01 AM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

I'd rather not have the vaccination and 'risk it' with flu. At the end of the day it is only a bad form of flu, I know quite a few people that have had it (some of which are alot less healthy than me) and they've been fine. (I've had a 'suspected' case of it early on, but I don't reckon it was full blown swine flu)
Old 18-11-2009, 11:02 AM
utternutter
BANNED
BANNED

its a hard one for me i have asthma, when i do get a bad cold it hits my cheast hard towards the end, i get out breath and knackard walking up stairs etc, i hate having thre flu

otherwise my asthma is controled with only small outbursts few and far between that take a good 15 mins to get control of
asthma is a real horrible thing it really is, frightening too, i have had to go to hospital 3 times as it wouldnt go away and i had to lay on the bed with the mask on etc till it went.
not being able to breath is so fucking frightening its unreal

so im in the same boat do i do it or not, i had the letter last week
Old 18-11-2009, 11:07 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by utternutter
its a hard one for me i have asthma, when i do get a bad cold it hits my cheast hard towards the end, i get out breath and knackard walking up stairs etc, i hate having thre flu

otherwise my asthma is controled with only small outbursts few and far between that take a good 15 mins to get control of
asthma is a real horrible thing it really is, frightening too, i have had to go to hospital 3 times as it wouldnt go away and i had to lay on the bed with the mask on etc till it went.

I would if I were you. If you have Been Hospitalized By Asthma then is as no Brainer.

Its Asthma suffers who are taking the Brunt of this.

What is actually putting you off having the Vaccine?
Old 18-11-2009, 11:21 AM
*Bri.4.b.Cos*

I had it last week as i'm in the at risk group lol, sore arm still and a bit of swelling but other than that i'm fine
Old 18-11-2009, 11:30 AM
godrikki
PassionFord Regular

I dont get your point at all.

There Vaccinating against H1N1. Forget the H5N1 mate.
holy shit no wonder you get so much stick on here i fuckin know what they are vacinating against now im going to try and put this as simply as i can so you understand THE VACCINATION IS FOR H5N1 BUT THEY ARE USING IT TO VACCINATE AGAINST H1N1 hopefully you can understand this as i really cant put it any simpler
Old 18-11-2009, 11:33 AM
godrikki
PassionFord Regular

if i was in your position i would mate but if you dont have any health problems then dont bother is the general oppinion
Old 18-11-2009, 01:07 PM
utternutter
BANNED
BANNED

health wise im fine apart from overweight and drink a little too much lol

onlyu thing putting me off is the badd press about that thing they give you when you have got the pig flu, or is the vaccination different?
Old 18-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Jessica.
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

is it something you can only catch once? i had swine flu a few months ago n dont wanna risk getting the injection if its gonna make me feel like poop again
Old 18-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Mark_1
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

im not taking the vaccination, not in a risk group, so why put my self at risk of the bi effects of this vaccine.
It is not properly tested and it will take years before we see the actual effects of this vaccine.
So ill take my vitamines and if i get it the odds as to die of it is about the same as winning a big lottery or the next plane im taking is crashing.
Old 18-11-2009, 02:23 PM
godrikki
PassionFord Regular

health wise im fine apart from overweight and drink a little too much lol

onlyu thing putting me off is the badd press about that thing they give you when you have got the pig flu, or is the vaccination different?
think your thinking of tamiflu mate the vaccine is different but still has side affects and has not been tested properly if thier own doctors and nurses dont want it what does that say but dont get me wrong if you have underlying health problems then take it but if not dont
Old 18-11-2009, 02:30 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Its no different for testing as the normal flu vaccine. Its testing process however has been accelerated. The only real risk with it is the same as the normal Flue vaccine which is Gbs.
Old 18-11-2009, 03:09 PM
mintseries1
PassionFord Regular

i had my ashma check yesterday and i was told i wasnt aloud it as i was to YOUNG?!?!?!?!?! im 25, is there an age where u can and cant have it??
not sure if i want it or not though!

andy
Old 18-11-2009, 03:29 PM
2wd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone had it, anyone having it (ie high risk groups)
I got the Vaccination last week and only thing was a sleightly sore arm for a couple of days ... I'm not in a risk group but was offered the vac at my job ... I was in doubt if I should do it, as there are so much talking/writing about doing it or not, but in the end my doc. advice me to do it and so i did .. and I'm still up and running
Old 18-11-2009, 04:18 PM
zetec-Sam
neeeeeeeeooowmmmm

Originally Posted by Jessica.
is it something you can only catch once? i had swine flu a few months ago n dont wanna risk getting the injection if its gonna make me feel like poop again
Nope unfortunately. Loads of people seem to think you can only get it once though lol
Old 18-11-2009, 04:28 PM
stuarth
PassionFord Regular

my girlfreind got it 2 days ago because shes pregnent, her arm hurts like fuck!!
Old 18-11-2009, 05:19 PM
charlie luciano
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Got my appointment on the 28th of november hate needles

Luciano
Old 22-11-2009, 09:42 AM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I had it Thursday. Felt fine all afternoon. Went to bed feeling hot. I had a high temp all night and woke up Friday morning with the worst head ache I've ever had. Could hardly get down the stairs. Wa laid up all dY. Felt somewhat better Saturday but not 100%. Gf mother had it Friday and was sick all day sat.

I'm glad I had it though. Swine flu is nasty. A friend said yesterday a 15 year old perfectly ealthy lad died from his old school from it last weds. RIP
Old 23-11-2009, 04:28 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

THE VACCINATION IS FOR H5N1 BUT THEY ARE USING IT TO VACCINATE AGAINST H1N1 hopefully you can understand this as i really cant put it any simpler
So someone dies from swine flu who had the ''swine flu Vacc'' which turned out to have had bird flu one instead wont go down well will it.
Old 23-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Madbradz

My old Dads Partner who is a pharmacist had it lats week, she's only just got the feeing in her arm back and has been off work for a week, she has been very Ill, Most of her colleagues have been the same, Been offered to my dad as he had cancer but hes not going for it.

Adam
Old 23-11-2009, 04:58 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Madbradz
My old Dads Partner who is a pharmacist had it lats week, she's only just got the feeing in her arm back and has been off work for a week, she has been very Ill, Most of her colleagues have been the same, Been offered to my dad as he had cancer but hes not going for it.

Adam
Worth being rough for few days is it not rather than getting the actual swine flu? I still dont feel 100% now.
Old 23-11-2009, 05:01 PM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Ive had it, arm hurt for a few days, no big deal tbh.
Old 23-11-2009, 05:04 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll be having both swine and seasonal
Old 23-11-2009, 05:06 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I still need my seasonal.
Old 24-11-2009, 07:47 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

think your thinking of tamiflu mate the vaccine is different but still has side affects and has not been tested properly if thier own doctors and nurses dont want it what does that say but dont get me wrong if you have underlying health problems then take it but if not dont
That is incorrect. The current Vaccine being administered was patented in 2006. The vaccine was only approved for use when an H1N1 influenza pandemic has been officially declared by the World Health Organization. So therefore thoroughly tested.

Last edited by xr2i-carl; 24-11-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 24-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Ive received my letter cos ive got immune system probs & asthma but im not going to have it done, thats my choice. Difficult decision but ive refused my penacilin shots to boost my system since 1993 & im still standing.
Old 24-11-2009, 08:00 PM
gaz s1

My missus had it a couple of days ago and aint stopped moaning about her arm since