General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Well done Jenson Button!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20-10-2009, 05:49 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip
I agree, I think the Brawn team will turn out to be a bit of a "one hit wonder" as he wont be able to come up with something that gives him a significant advantage again next year like he did with the diffuser.
Would be great if they are in contention next year though, and he certainly knows what he is doing!
something like having to design the cars to be able to run the whole race without refuelling may give the clever teams a chance to gain an advantage. this will have implications on KERS as well as they will be able to choose to either save fuel with it or gain power
Old 20-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Graham S1
And John Button isn't even his manager! Unlike Anthony Hamilton who really does have good reason to be there.

The cheek of it!
Manager Lol.

theres no way that john is around anywhere near as much as hamiltons dad.

It really doesnt matter that much its just another small point i was making.

anyway im fed up with all the hamilton Blinkered people on here, Ill stick to liking the better personality (and driver in my opinion)

and you stick to liking the privilaged Little boy thats been given everything on a plate and still Lost the first year....

Lets see if button wins SPORTS personality of the year

Afterall Hamilton Couldnt.

Wonder why that was lol!
Old 20-10-2009, 06:21 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ebonycossie4x4
Manager Lol.

anyway im fed up with all the hamilton Blinkered people on here, Ill stick to liking the better personality (and driver in my opinion)

and you stick to liking the privilaged Little boy thats been given everything on a plate and still Lost the first year....

Wonder why that was lol!
i love that post absolute rubish LMFAO

john button has been at every race jenson has had unless your calling the man himself a lier all you had to do is actuall watch the race on sunday and you would have known that

and it might come as a surprise but the dirrector decides wheather to show anthony lewis and his pussy cat doll not anthony himself
Old 20-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ok i have read up and i concede i was wrong lol...

I dont admit it often but yes he has been there for 170 of the 171 races he has been in. good on him.

But i still say he takes back step where as anthony just wants to get involved in everything even playing a part in stopping hamilton participating in the triathalon with button which hamilton would have also lost if he was allowed to take part.

I also found this an entertaining article on the World Champion

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6346182.ece

as said already its a little part of the big point i have tried to make.

Button is teh better man, the more likeable the man with more personality and teh better driver.

Maybe you guys dont remember when he was spoken about in the same way that hamilton was when he was found by frank williams.

Frank williams also has gone on record saying losing button to take montoya was one of the worst decisions of his career.

I take it he is stupid aswell is he?

Last edited by Ebonycossie4x4; 20-10-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 20-10-2009, 06:38 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manager Lol.

Wonder why that was lol!
im sorry but to imply you dont hate hamilton, and to then slag him off as above, just screams of jealousy lol

feel agrieved because he has the natural talent to drive so well that people have given him the chance to express it?

didnt williams throw button a similar drive at a young age for his debut season? obviously not as competitive a car, but still, a fairly 'on a plate' and 'privileged' thing to happen to the young button.

and i dont doubt button will win sports personality, but only because in the past hamilton has had to deal with the strange fact that hes on the receiving end of some bitter and jealous people taking a dislike to his rise to fame. then more to the point last year was olympic year so Hoy was a shoe in to take that with all his golds, i won a nice little bit of cash on that dead cert bet lol. then in 2007 calzaghe was odds on to win due to his title wins and his apparent retirement. who has button got to compete against this year?

sports personality of the year tends to have very little to do with personality, true the guys who win tend to be nice blokes and all, but if your retiring or do amazingly in a sport that nobody normally shows an active interest in (cycling in hoys case), u tend to earn some brownie points lol
Old 20-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

oh look were making excuses for hamilton already.

Just like it wasnt his fault when he lost it into the gravel 2 seasons ago.
Old 20-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

loving the tags by the way.

Chip is getting some abuse down there lol
Old 20-10-2009, 06:50 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

No i am a massive fan of Button and was when he was at Honda.

The fact that hamilton won annoyed me only due to everybody slating button saying he couldnt do it and then some rookie comes along and does it.

EVEN though he had by fair the best car for two years and could only win it once!

so my admiration for button was strengthened due to hamilton, I dont hate hamilton i just think buttons A better driver a better personality and a better man.

Having met people that have met both, the general consensus was Button is an arrognat fucker or was atleast in his younger days, the comment he made that he deserves the championship is very un british and imho very arrogant

He also doesnt need his daddy there every minute!
His Dad has been to every race he has ever taken part in, in F1
Old 20-10-2009, 06:51 PM
RSandy
Advanced PassionFord User

oh look were making excuses for hamilton already.

Just like it wasnt his fault when he lost it into the gravel 2 seasons ago.
lol no, that was definitely his fault, just showed his inexperience i guess

i just genuinely dont understand why people think hes such a bad guy, even just using their top gear appearances for example, i enjoyed watching both of them, and the hamilton comment about being quite exciting to slide into a wall backwards at high speed, joking about it all, i thought he came across as funny and down to earth.

i struggle to see past jensons playboy lifestyle sometimes, it has been refreshing this season though to see he does care about winning n not just driving round n round to earn money to live in monaco

as people i think they are both nice guys, i just think lewis is the quicker of the 2 didnt lewis even beat jenson round the top gear track on a wet n oily track as opposed to a dry 1 for jenson? thats about the only time they have driven the same car for comparison lol
Old 20-10-2009, 06:51 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

Ok i have read up and i concede i was wrong lol...

I dont admit it often but yes he has been there for 170 of the 171 races he has been in. good on him.

But i still say he takes back step where as anthony just wants to get involved in everything even playing a part in stopping hamilton participating in the triathalon with button which hamilton would have also lost if he was allowed to take part.

you still dont get it do you !!

anthony is his manager so takes a massive part in lewis race weekend, the bbc and itv decide to show him at the pit wall

anthonys coverage on tv HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIMSELF
Old 20-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nope he missed one as i have sinbnce found out lol

All formula 1 drivers are arrogant to a certain degree. They would because in theory they are the best drivers in the world.
Old 20-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by sbd16v
you still dont get it do you !!

anthony is his manager so takes a massive part in lewis race weekend, the bbc and itv decide to show him at the pit wall

anthonys coverage on tv HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIMSELF
No I do get it (its not difficult to understand).

What i dont understand is why he would want to be his manager.

Lots of people say family and business does not work together.

Is it lewis's choice i wonder.

You seem to be obsessed with this small point.

And what about the stupid pussycat doll. Jenson actually asked his model girlfriend to saty away for the weekend so he could concentrate on winning the title.

I think lewis wants to be the david beckham of Formula 1....
Old 20-10-2009, 07:01 PM
sbd16v
PassionFord Post Troll

What i dont understand is why he would want to be his manager.

Lots of people say family and business does not work together.

Is it lewis's choice i wonder.

most arguments i read about lewis againest him is based around him coming straight into the best car, for the best team spending years before F1 being payed by mc

ETC ETC

so imho Anthony must be a fuckin AWSOME manager to give lewis all the right playing cards

so i cannot understand why he would NOT want him to be his manager
Old 20-10-2009, 07:03 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by the youth
wrong!!! Jenson dad has been with him every step of the way..

you have some very strange views on lewis, you need to have a look at his F2 days and even back to the karting to see how good he really is I remeber him passing all the field in an f2 race!! thats talant..
i'm no hater of button in fact I'm a fan but put them in the same car and theres only one winner.. lewis
watch this one of him aged 11. My son has an identical Kart so I have a fair idea how hard it is to get the best out of these!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ysjoxN2xM

steve
You dont know much about Lewis karting career then.

Where did he come in the british Junior Intercontintal championship, Oh yeah he didnt do it.. He did the Maclaren mercedes Champs of the future series created for him instead with less than half the drivers in Super1.

Where did he come in the 2001 Formula Super A World championship?

buttons career cannot be compared to Lewis spoon fed, over funded scholorship from near enough day one.

2 years from leaving Karting to F1 for button.

nearly 6 years for Hamilton.

Jenson drove very well Sunday, proved he deserved the title most definately.
Old 20-10-2009, 07:13 PM
seannygoat
RST Fiesta

Originally Posted by xr2i-carl
You dont know much about Lewis karting career then.

Where did he come in the british Junior Intercontintal championship, Oh yeah he didnt do it.. He did the Maclaren mercedes Champs of the future series created for him instead with less than half the drivers in Super1.

Where did he come in the 2001 Formula Super A World championship?

buttons career cannot be compared to Lewis spoon fed, over funded scholorship from near enough day one.

2 years from leaving Karting to F1 for button.

nearly 6 years for Hamilton.

Jenson drove very well Sunday, proved he deserved the title most definately.
if u was offered the scholorship like hamilton, then u would take it. he was offered it 4 a reason. if he was no good then they would of not carried on sponsoring him etc....
Old 20-10-2009, 07:18 PM
MikeR
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Ron Dennis nutured raw talent in Hamilton, he will be winning races for years to come, Ross Brawn spent last season developing this years car as the last car was shit, other continued developing the cars they had under the older regulations, when people start the next season l honestly feel that the playing field will return to a somewhat more normal pecking order,

That aside l am really please Button won and he drove great at the start of the season and the tail end he was shit, he made some great over taking moves on Sunday, people go on about Hamilton cracking under pressure did Jenson not admit to the pressure getting to him and he has far more experience and years in the F1 game then Hamilton

Mike
Old 20-10-2009, 07:20 PM
seannygoat
RST Fiesta

Originally Posted by MikeR
Ron Dennis nutured raw talent in Hamilton, he will be winning races for years to come, Ross Brawn spent last season developing this years car as the last car was shit, other continued developing the cars they had under the older regulations, when people start the next season l honestly feel that the playing field will return to a somewhat more normal pecking order,

That aside l am really please Button won and he drove great at the start of the season and the tail end he was shit, he made some great over taking moves on Sunday, people go on about Hamilton cracking under pressure did Jenson not admit to the pressure getting to him and he has far more experience and years in the F1 game then Hamilton

Mike
totally agree!!!
Old 20-10-2009, 07:22 PM
xr2i-carl
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by seannygoat
if u was offered the scholorship like hamilton, then u would take it. he was offered it 4 a reason. if he was no good then they would of not carried on sponsoring him etc....
Goes far deeper than that. A marketing excercise also. All ten year old karters show promise.

He is good. Very good infact. but not the best. For all the funding and all the time and effort and THE best car in 07 and 08, he still got run to the wire. He won less races than Massa last year, it was really Massa's year. This year button won more races than what Lewis did last year.

Last edited by xr2i-carl; 20-10-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 20-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Ebonycossie4x4
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Goes far deeper than that. A marketing excercise also. All ten year old karters show promise.

He is good. Very good infact. but not the best. For all the funding and all the time and effort and THE best car in 07 and 08, he still got run to the wire. He won less races than Massa last year, it was really Massa's year. This year button won more races than what Lewis did last year.
Thank God we have another person with sense on this Thread.
Old 20-10-2009, 08:00 PM
seannygoat
RST Fiesta

Goes far deeper than that. A marketing excercise also.
marketing exercise??
Old 21-10-2009, 07:15 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

Wonder why that was lol!
Because it was the same year when we happened to do VERY well at the Olympics?

Was was that you say about blinkers? Can't see your own?
Old 21-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Graham S1
PassionFord Post Troll

And who did he beat that year? Oh yes, the current World Champion, who came where? 3rd!