General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

oh my god!!

Search this Thread

Old 14-10-2009, 11:10 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default oh my god!!

i'v had ear ache and well i'v just gone and used the otex again to try and shift the crap and you wanna see the shit that has just come out my ear it's nasty , pics will follow tmoz i always clear my ears in the shower but from now on it'll be otex it's making me cringe right this second.

Last edited by burnzy; 14-10-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 14-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Dan1281
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my ears hurt from reading that
Old 14-10-2009, 11:16 PM
burnzy
burnzy

lol i'v not been on here a while and i'm finding it hard to make things short i'll edit it i reckon
Old 14-10-2009, 11:18 PM
burnzy
burnzy

job jobbed
Old 14-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Chopshop85
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

growin potatoes in there?
Old 14-10-2009, 11:28 PM
burnzy
burnzy

i swear it fookin looks like it i'm no dirty bastard but OMG! how does all that get in your ear, i only don't use cotton buds cos people say there bad for your ears, i guess it's crap from work getting in there but the shower just don't get it out
Old 15-10-2009, 08:02 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ears produce a natural "wax" deep in the ear, this wax is pushed out naturally when it has built up enough, it's purpose is for bacteria reasons.
I recently had a full on fluid balance test(ear test) as have Menieres disease, and was told never ever put anything into the ear, much better to let the wax do it's job, although I must admit they feel blocked when I don't use the cotton sticks!!
tabetha
Old 15-10-2009, 08:41 AM
mcst

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't use cotton buds! It only pushes any wax further in and can inflame your ear/eardrum. The nurse at my GP doesn't recommend otex either. They told me its chemical based and can aggrevate any soreness. Just some warm olive oil is all they recommend. As has been said wax is a natural defence to protect your ears, occasionally it can build up though.
Put olive oil in for a week+ to soften anything in there and go to your nurse to get them syringed out. I've had mine done about 3 times before and its unblievable the difference it makes. If you've never had it done they gently pump warm water into your ear and it draws any shite out. Those hoppi(sp) ear candles do the same but i've never had one.
Old 15-10-2009, 08:52 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember lots of years ago, when I was a college, having some ear trouble and using warm olive-oil in my ears for a few days leading up to an appointment to have them syringed, however, after about 4-5 days, I was sitting in a lecture and decided to pull the bit of cotton-wool out of my ear for a looksee. I almost blew chunks there and then. It was ranker than rank.

My new found level of hearing was neat though, peoples normal talking made my head hurt!!

Burnzy, looking forward to pics of your ear mud.
Old 15-10-2009, 08:56 AM
pete26
Regular Contributor

Am gonna try this olive oil trick! My left ear alwayys crackles when I play loud music in the car or at a club....think that's wax?? Don't like the idea that what comes out is making u guys sick
Old 15-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Dave Parker
Advanced PassionFord User

i get like this every year giant lumps of nearly black crap coming out ! nurse has now given me a leaflet which tells you to put two drops of olive oil in every week to stop the build up.
Old 15-10-2009, 09:05 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

i syringe my own ears occasionally, just squir some hot water into them with a 20ml syringe and soften the crap up and then let it fall out overnight

it's not disgusting unless you've been breeding rabbits or something in there
Old 15-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Christian and Beccy
#1 in Spelling Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pete26
Am gonna try this olive oil trick! My left ear alwayys crackles when I play loud music in the car or at a club....think that's wax?? Don't like the idea that what comes out is making u guys sick
Having your ears syringed is such a cool thing, some people hate it, but its strangely enjoyable.

As I said above, get a little bottle with a dropper, put some olive oil in it, stand it in a glass with a couple of inches of hot water in it for a few mins. Check that the oil is not HOT before you put it in your ear, lay with your head on its side and drop that mother-fucker in there. 3 or 4 drops IMO, lay there for a few mins to let it get right in there. Then before you get up, whack a lump of cotton wool in there, but don't ram it all the way down, just tuck it in.

Do that 2-3 times a day, you'll see nothing for a few days, then suddenly, BAM, out comes the brown goodness.
Old 15-10-2009, 09:07 AM
Dave Parker
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by dojj
i syringe my own ears occasionally, just squir some hot water into them with a 20ml syringe and soften the crap up and then let it fall out overnight

it's not disgusting unless you've been breeding rabbits or something in there
pidgeons are the worst
Old 15-10-2009, 09:09 AM
mcst

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
I remember lots of years ago, when I was a college, having some ear trouble and using warm olive-oil in my ears for a few days leading up to an appointment to have them syringed, however, after about 4-5 days, I was sitting in a lecture and decided to pull the bit of cotton-wool out of my ear for a looksee. I almost blew chunks there and then. It was ranker than rank.

My new found level of hearing was neat though, peoples normal talking made my head hurt!!

Burnzy, looking forward to pics of your ear mud.
Same here! Its fooking rank when all the brown water is coming out of your ear The new found clear hearing isnt good for us Ford owners " did i have that rattle before?"

Originally Posted by pete26
Ear wax will build up faster to protect your ear from loud noises.

Loud music will kill your hearing eventually. Boring as it is this stuff will do your hearing no good, we've all been there i used to have a walkman on full whack constantly as a teen(you know, the annoying one at the back of a bus) Used to have my system up in the car all the time, clubbing at least twice a week etc.. If you manage to have some level of hearing you could well end up with tinitus(sp), a ringing in your ears. I have it very slightly, if i'm not facing the TV but sitting in the same room i get a little for some reason.
Old 15-10-2009, 09:12 AM
mcst

Originally Posted by Christian and Beccy
Having your ears syringed is such a cool thing, some people hate it, but its strangely enjoyable.

Glad i'm not the only one who enjoys it.
Bit strange i know, but when you can hear clear as a bell after
Old 15-10-2009, 09:21 AM
pete26
Regular Contributor

Originally Posted by mondymatt

Ear wax will build up faster to protect your ear from loud noises.

Loud music will kill your hearing eventually. Boring as it is this stuff will do your hearing no good, we've all been there i used to have a walkman on full whack constantly as a teen(you know, the annoying one at the back of a bus) Used to have my system up in the car all the time, clubbing at least twice a week etc.. If you manage to have some level of hearing you could well end up with tinitus(sp), a ringing in your ears. I have it very slightly, if i'm not facing the TV but sitting in the same room i get a little for some reason.
Am that annoying person at the gym, I can see people looking and thinking WTF is he listening to. I only get that ringing after for a while or when I've been to a club, that's when I get pissed of trying to sleep and that's all u hear As for the brown crap, I was nearly sick at the thought of it when I read that!