General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

problems with parcelforce ? customer service ?

Search this Thread

Old 22-12-2004, 01:52 PM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default problems with parcelforce ? customer service ?

I recently sold a ergonomic office chair on ebay, they are quite expenive new (£650)

i sold mine for £290, i took many pictures and the chair was in good condition.

The guy who won lives in london and wanted me to post the chair. I said delivery or pickup only in my auction.

I offered for £25 (parcelforce wanted £28) to deliver the chair to him (end of M4) from bristol in my fiesta.

He declined and said if i rang parcelforce on this number etc etc it would be £28, i agreed. I heavily wrapped the chair up in bubble wrap completely covering everything and it took me an hour. i then put black bin bags over it and parcelforce picked it up.

the guy recieved the chair snapped in half it is of no use to man nor beast, now i used the service he segguested guess what compensation upto £150 ,

Im in a right position now hes moaning at me he has a bad back but the only way for me to go through parcelforce is fill out a form in post office etc .

what would you do, since i rectified my past wrongs on ebay regarding posting things i have a 100% feedback score at sending stuff out and i want to keep it that way. I so wish i had driven the chair down to the guy. At this time of year i cant afford to fork out £300 to refund him for something that isnt my fault but i feel quite bad about it.

opinions guys
Old 22-12-2004, 01:56 PM
PhilM
PassionBMW.com Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He declined delivery from you.

He said which postal service to use, you did as he asked, tough shit if he only gets £150 comensation, his loss not yours mate.

He chose how it should be delivered and must have known the maximum comp.
Old 22-12-2004, 02:00 PM
zvhturbo
PassionFord Post Troll

If you was to order from a mail order company and you choose a different form of delivery from them its your responsibility.
I'd tell him to sort it as he choose parcel force over you taking it.
Old 22-12-2004, 02:00 PM
FletchCossie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Craig, Im in same position mate, so any advice maybe of help to me too! (Not trying to hijack thread)

I sold an RST bonnet on EBAY in good condition before sending. Once arrived at destination it looked like it had been dropped!! Ive tried ringing the courier 100's of times, but it just keeps ringing and ringing. Its now been a month and I try ringing the 1/2 times a day with phone keep ringing

Fooking Couriers
Old 22-12-2004, 02:19 PM
CraigN
PassionFord Post Whore!!

just had him on the phone

he says its my deal with parcelforce so my problem

i have agreed to go through parcelforce wot try and reseovle the issue but he wants it sorted now
Old 22-12-2004, 05:44 PM
Damo V
PassionFord Post Whore!!

hes probably right, in hinesight you shouldve got him to ring parcel force to arrange collection and pay for it... I have had to do that in the past for stuff Ive bought but wanted delivered...
Old 22-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Anonymous
Banned

Craig tell him to f off mate and get a new ebay account
Old 22-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Eagle
Super Moderator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would tell him to fook off ... if you have pics of it before in good condition and have used HIS prefered delivery source then tough shit ..

HE wanted it delivered by parcelfarce ... his problem .. sorry .. but i would not feel any guilt ... you offered him the chance to deliver it .. he declined...