General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

I hate the cliquiness on here

Search this Thread

Old 27-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Lee & Zo,

It is ironic isn't it, I honestly expected this thread to get ignored as well

I am glad it's been discussed, not sure it'll change anything but at least we've all got something off of our chests.
Old 27-08-2009, 10:16 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maria.
I genuinely try my hardest to help as many people as i can, be as genuine as i can, and do the best i can.

I raise money for charity, i work 10/11 hour days, and i also try to keep a lot of the shit off of this site.

And seeing peoples opinions about me like this really does make me question why.
you only started that job Monday

why be bothered with what people have said, nobody slated you, just the despardo's that trail round after you!
Old 27-08-2009, 10:20 AM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellie
haha as if this is still going on!!
i had a quote from chip in my sig before i got banned replying to posts like these it was very clever
Old 27-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal.
Yep, plus she has an awesome personality and a wicked sense of humour! Ask anyone who's ever met her. Which is why I really genuinely cannot understand why she gets the grief she does at times.

People may only have a dig in jest, but she takes it to heart!

And if anyone classes that as arse licking, go fuck yaself....
I totaly agree with you there.She is a really nice person and she always has time to speak to you.
Old 27-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Charlie Chalk
Unknown.

Originally Posted by Maria.
Its still not very nice to read though is it.
No, Its not is it....
Old 27-08-2009, 10:29 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

as long as no one bins this thread before i get a chance to read it all i'll be happy
Old 27-08-2009, 11:24 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Received 147 Likes on 126 Posts

I've not read this thread since I last posted on it, so thought I'd see why it's gone of seven pages....

Are you lot for real? You're digging out Maria for being liked? How many of you have actually met her? If you had you'd know why people like her, and it has nothing to do with her being physically attractive or not! (what the fuck physical attraction has to do with anything when it's on an INTERNET FORUM I don't know!)

I've met Maria, a few times. And the reason she is liked is she is one of THE nicest people you will ever meet. She barely has a bad word to say about anyone, has the most enormous heart, is so outgoing and bubbly, always ready to offer a hand to those that need it.

I spent a few days with her last week when she was moving, as I had nothing to do and I knew she needed some help. Some others off here also helped out (Mal for one) It has NOTHING to do with her appearance, and all to do with the fact to couple times I met her prior she has been such a nice person to me. She has given me time to have a little moan about my life on the phone to her, and is always generous.

She donates her time to this forum for FREE for all you folk, and to thank her, you slate her? In jest or not, thats not nice! All the mods her donate their time free of charge to try and keep this forum free of spam and keep it in order, and NO ONE ever thanks them.

Now I'm expecting to be called an arse licker because I am defending Maria - go ahead, see if I give a fuck. But be advised that I am not defending for any other reason than because she's my friend. Not a "friend" on an internet forum, but someone - one of the few that I mentioned in earlier posts on this thread - that I consider a real friend. Like I said, I've met many people from here, and made loads of mates, but only a few of them do I consider real friends. And Maria, and MAL, I include in that select few.

To the twat slating MAL - I take it you've never met him? Cos if you had you'd know he is as sound a guy as you'll ever meet. Enormously generous and a true gent. You don't meet many people as genuine as him these days.

And finally, to those that like to harp on about "lap dogs" "stalkers" and Maria having a "male following" - why are you not saying the same thing about blokes on here? Why are you only saying these things because she is a woman? There are male members of this forum that are arse licked SO MUCH more than she is, guys that people WORSHIP on this forum, but because they are guys, they just have a "following" and not a "male following" ?!?!?! WTF is that about? Would their hangers on not be classed as "lap dogs" because they are male?

Fucking double standards pisses me off! It's not the cliquiness on here that fucks me off, it's the childish bickering, backstabbing, bitching and plain jealousy that fucks me off.

Christ, get the fuck over it, it's the fucking internet.
Old 27-08-2009, 11:30 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Thrush
I've not read this thread since I last posted on it, so thought I'd see why it's gone of seven pages....

Are you lot for real? You're digging out Maria for being liked? How many of you have actually met her? If you had you'd know why people like her, and it has nothing to do with her being physically attractive or not! (what the fuck physical attraction has to do with anything when it's on an INTERNET FORUM I don't know!)

I've met Maria, a few times. And the reason she is liked is she is one of THE nicest people you will ever meet. She barely has a bad word to say about anyone, has the most enormous heart, is so outgoing and bubbly, always ready to offer a hand to those that need it.

I spent a few days with her last week when she was moving, as I had nothing to do and I knew she needed some help. Some others off here also helped out (Mal for one) It has NOTHING to do with her appearance, and all to do with the fact to couple times I met her prior she has been such a nice person to me. She has given me time to have a little moan about my life on the phone to her, and is always generous.

She donates her time to this forum for FREE for all you folk, and to thank her, you slate her? In jest or not, thats not nice! All the mods her donate their time free of charge to try and keep this forum free of spam and keep it in order, and NO ONE ever thanks them.

Now I'm expecting to be called an arse licker because I am defending Maria - go ahead, see if I give a fuck. But be advised that I am not defending for any other reason than because she's my friend. Not a "friend" on an internet forum, but someone - one of the few that I mentioned in earlier posts on this thread - that I consider a real friend. Like I said, I've met many people from here, and made loads of mates, but only a few of them do I consider real friends. And Maria, and MAL, I include in that select few.

To the twat slating MAL - I take it you've never met him? Cos if you had you'd know he is as sound a guy as you'll ever meet. Enormously generous and a true gent. You don't meet many people as genuine as him these days.

And finally, to those that like to harp on about "lap dogs" "stalkers" and Maria having a "male following" - why are you not saying the same thing about blokes on here? Why are you only saying these things because she is a woman? There are male members of this forum that are arse licked SO MUCH more than she is, guys that people WORSHIP on this forum, but because they are guys, they just have a "following" and not a "male following" ?!?!?! WTF is that about? Would their hangers on not be classed as "lap dogs" because they are male?

Fucking double standards pisses me off! It's not the cliquiness on here that fucks me off, it's the childish bickering, backstabbing, bitching and plain jealousy that fucks me off.

all that about maria! you lapdogging stalker
Old 27-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I knew that was coming!

None of that was about Maria - that was all about defending a genuine friend of mine
Old 27-08-2009, 11:46 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I knew that was coming!

None of that was about Maria - that was all about defending a genuine friend of mine

fair play mate

i can see some peoples points tho ,in a way.

i mean if you look back,nobody really said anything bad about her(but all the limpets) but its been turned around by her.imo
Old 27-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

And I thought this was done and dusted is it safe to lock it without upsetting people?
Old 27-08-2009, 11:53 PM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulo P
And I thought this was done and dusted is it safe to lock it without upsetting people?
You should have learnt by now. No matter what you do on here, you'll upset someone
Old 27-08-2009, 11:58 PM
CRAIG HAYTER
BANNED
BANNED

cant beleive this thread is still goingits funny though

Paulo P - did you get a clutch then
Old 28-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

as per red highlighted bit,why are you doing it then?

as for the blue bit,none of the bits maria picked up on are actually slating her,they are slating the followers.whether it be out of order or not its not directed at maria.

and i have nothing against maria,i get on with her fine and like do like her and have met her a good few times,so im not a a hater bitch at all.just pointing out a few minor facts
Old 28-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Paulo P
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by CRAIG HAYTER
Paulo P - did you get a clutch then
Nope I have a tough decision to make, sell the car as it is, break it or leave it in my garage until I can get a clutch
Old 28-08-2009, 09:12 AM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

Originally Posted by Paulo P
Nope I have a tough decision to make, sell the car as it is, break it or leave it in my garage until I can get a clutch
Old 28-08-2009, 09:21 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

I've been on the site from virtually day one, and i'm not in any clique even though i've met a few of the users over the years......less cliquey now than it has been and even if it is so what?

Cliques exist in the real world too, and people are allowed to have friends, and as theres a real world beyond internet land its conceivable that some of those friends with like minded interests 'may' end up using the same website.

For those moaning of cliques get a life outside of the internet and you'll see it really doesnt matter
Old 28-08-2009, 10:14 AM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its her followers that think 'everyone' is picking on her when infact its them thats being 'pointed out' i havnt seen one post that says anything bad about Maria, as i know she is a lovely person and will do anything for anyone...(and i actually know her, not just met once or twice and helped put a blind up etc)

anyway back to the question in hand, i dont think this site is as bad as it used to be, its defo got alot better, altho we could do with davescos back just to spice it up a little! LOL
Old 28-08-2009, 10:52 AM
john
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by SassyRS
Its her followers that think 'everyone' is picking on her when infact its them thats being 'pointed out' i havnt seen one post that says anything bad about Maria, as i know she is a lovely person and will do anything for anyone...(and i actually know her, not just met once or twice and helped put a blind up etc)
Nail on head but they will swear blind it is everyone picking on Maria.

ROFL at the length of this thread.
Old 28-08-2009, 11:20 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

if it go's against Maria i'm sure she'll lock the post
Old 28-08-2009, 11:23 AM
95 fiesta si
Regular Contributor

Iam fairly new on here and made a few posts and always had fair comments and helpful posts. If i look at threads and an arguments kicking off i dont post in it as to not take sides. Keep your head down and stay out of trouble and you'll be fine
Old 28-08-2009, 11:30 AM
It's Czech Mate

Received 102 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by GUZZLER
Old 28-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Oh dear this wont end well
Old 28-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I knew this would happen which is why I had refrained from posting anything personal on this thread before, nor mentioned any names. I knew half would end up labeling me a follower or lap dog, and others would get some kind of complex because I cite Maria as a friend, because they've known her longer than me What the fuck does that have to do with anything? I've only met Erik and Taryn 3 times, yet they are actual friends of mine, so what does how many times or length of time known have anything to do with anything?

At the end of the day, who gives a fuck? You either friends of you're not, so what does it matter if some are or some aren't? I believe Maria and I are friends, and it has nothing to do with her "being fit" or "being popular" on here, it has to do with the type of person she is and nothing else. So if anyone has a problem with that, then that's YOUR problem, so YOU deal with it.

Funny how no-one is making the same fuss about how I also consider Mal a friend? Is it because he's male, so it's okay for us to be friends, but because Maria's female I must have an ulterior motive?

Pathetic.

I'll bow out now, I have no more interest in contributing to this thread. I tried to help in the beginning, tried to open some eyes to seeing things in different lights, but it's a waste of time, as too many obviously believe they are the "poor disadvantaged minority that no-one likes and don't kick it with the in-crowed" FUCK OFF, DO ME A FAVOUR! As if I'm in an in-crowed, I'm so unpopular I make Phil look like a social co-ordinator!

Last edited by Thrush; 28-08-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 28-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Mk1-stu
Patronus

Funny how no-one is making the same fuss about how I also consider Mal a friend?
well you were 'in' his pants on sunday..

btw.. who's phil ?
Old 28-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Thrush
Irritating c........

Originally Posted by Mk1-stu

btw.. who's phil ?
Oi ya fucker! You were sworn to secrecy

Phil is an old face on this board - guys had more lifetime bans than anyone in the history of vBulletin Proper character tho - complete pain in the ass, paranoid to the length of delusion, and catergory 1 wind up merchant
Old 28-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

btw.. who's phil ?
Ima he had more ids on here than I have had cars,he just loved to wind people up,but in real life was sound

Last edited by Less.; 28-08-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 28-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

@ Paulo P

Have you changed your clutch cable? Mine dried out before and stuck when the clutch pedal was released, so the clutch wasn't fully engaged and therefore slipped.
Old 28-08-2009, 12:53 PM
JamesH
10K+ Poster!!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GUZZLER

Old 28-08-2009, 01:05 PM
TurboShed
Cossiemodo

Since when was this thread about 1 person? Start a new thread.
Old 28-08-2009, 02:05 PM
Thrush
Irritating c........

I don't think it ever was about one person, but several people felt it necessary to bring one person's name/status into it, and it evolved.

I'm not doing a good job of bowing out of this thread am I

Last edited by Thrush; 28-08-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 28-08-2009, 02:09 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

I don't think it ever was about one person, but several people felt it necessary to bring one person's name/status into it, and it evolved.

I'm not doing a good job of bowing out of this thread am I

Like trying to put a fire out using petrol
Old 28-08-2009, 02:47 PM
StephTell
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Maria is one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet...nothing too special there because so am I but that doesn't make me any less of a complete bastard.

The amazing thing about Maria is that she is so genuine AND very warm, big hearted, generous and forgiving.

And as far as arselicking goes: I gladly would. No really, I would.

As for the internetfight between Benni and Chip:

Perhaps PM's would have been better in this instance.
Old 28-08-2009, 02:48 PM
PT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by StephTell
Maria is one of the most genuine people you'll ever meet

The amazing thing about Maria is that she is so genuine AND very warm, big hearted, generous and forgiving.
God there is an echo in here
Old 28-08-2009, 02:51 PM
StephTell
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's better for this thread and forum in general if we'd sing eachother's praises a bit more often as opposed to all the bickering, don't you?
Old 28-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

How very dare you!
Old 28-08-2009, 02:53 PM
RSTurboSI
BANNED
BANNED

i find myself like this.

I hardly know members off here, hardly know any in person, i know a few around my area ect, but not alot.

the best way is not to worry, there is no passionford crew, you just gotta enjoy the forums and not take anything to heart.
Old 28-08-2009, 03:31 PM
cabrio zo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Location: Sudbury Suffolk, Drives: Octavia VRS & XR2i 1800 Zetec track car

I think it's better for this thread and forum in general if we'd sing eachother's praises a bit more often as opposed to all the bickering, don't you?
Like thats ever going to happen

I can tell you've been away from PF for far too long
Old 28-08-2009, 03:46 PM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Flip you've changed your tune

No offense meant BTW
Old 29-08-2009, 01:59 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

it's going to be worse than the x factor then

Quick Reply: I hate the cliquiness on here