General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

National Day

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RS SPASTIC
what a carry on

Its your fault spacka
Old 10-08-2009, 11:13 PM
WENNY
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
Its your fault spacka
ye usually is
Old 11-08-2009, 04:47 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RS SPASTIC
what a carry on
Winner for best username
Old 11-08-2009, 06:19 AM
lincolnrs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well thats cleared a few RS issuses up but not actually covering the question in hand lol.

Was the qusestion somthing like as a visiting car club stand you can't disply RS cars?

Well come on you RSOC members whats the Answear then?

Cause as a NON member for now I know that

1 you can display your RS on a regional stand if a fully paid member of the RSOC at a discounted price
2 If your a member of your regional group and not the main RSOC then you can't
3 If you are attending with a visiting car club ie this website then you can member or not and it costs Ł15 per car!

FACT!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

All this bollocks about what do i get back , to be honest if thats why you join a club so you can get free stuff back then to be honest i dont think
1, you understand the concept of what a CLUB is
2, I dont think many people would realy want you in there CLUB

If you join a fitness club what do you get back ?, Ill tell you , NOTHING , as its the same as every other club in the world , YOU GET BACK WHAT YOU PUT IN ,

I realy cant believe that people will make such a song and dance over Ł30 and yet most will pay Ł10 to join a bloody website where all they have to do is moan ,

Makes me fucking sick
Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 AM
Bullett
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by NORTH YORKS RS SPARES

I realy cant believe that people will make such a song and dance over Ł30 and yet most will pay Ł10 to join a bloody website where all they have to do is moan ,
used to be 20 quid paul lol so even worse
Old 11-08-2009, 07:24 AM
littleknocks
PassionFord Regular

All this bollocks about what do i get back , to be honest if thats why you join a club so you can get free stuff back then to be honest i dont think

If you join a fitness club what do you get back ?, Ill tell you , NOTHING , as its the same as every other club in the world , YOU GET BACK WHAT YOU PUT IN ,

Makes me fucking sick
Well said

^Not aimed at North Yorks man
Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 AM
CossieRich
Did Someone Mention TUV

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Its Dave
As a local club we charge 5.00 a year and that goes towards keeping the club running and charge 1.00 subs every month

But then some people dont want to even pay a pound
some people dont even turn up rofl
Old 11-08-2009, 07:41 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Originally Posted by fordrs2005
if you dont have the money to spend Ł37 for a years membership what are u doing with an rs , and how do u run it ? as a know ma saff your at least Ł20 quid everytime you plank your arse in it just on petrol never mind mentaining it ?
How about mind your own business and stop telling him how to spend his money? If he chooses to buy horse manuer before paying towards the RS Owners Club, he will do so without someone on the internet interrogating him.

Benni.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:38 AM
massivewangers
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
How about mind your own business and stop telling him how to spend his money? If he chooses to buy horse manuer before paying towards the RS Owners Club, he will do so without someone on the internet interrogating him.

Benni.
Too true

At the end of the day, I'm a FORD enthusiast, not just an RS enthusiast. I asked a simple question, and I think under the 400 layers of bullshit and arguing, I've got an answer in there somewhere

Whether I join the RSOC is up to me, just because I own an RS, doesn't mean I have to join the RSOC. I'm a member of two other Ford clubs, and as a Ford enthusiast, I'm quite happy being involved with any type of blue oval, RS or otherwise.

It's my opinion that this scene spends far too much time kissing the arse of the RS brand, where most of the other models remain forgotten, which is a crying shame. I understand all the heritage and stuff, but I do find it a bit sad.

But, whether I join the RSOC or all the other shite is totally irrelevant to the questions asked, a few people just wanted clarity on what the rules were regarding who could show their car where. The question may come up every year, but some of us don't go every year, so just want some information, which shouldn't be too much to ask!

It's just as usual with PF, fighting comes before anything

Last edited by massivewangers; 11-08-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by massivewangers
Too true

At the end of the day, I'm a FORD enthusiast, not just an RS enthusiast. I asked a simple question, and I think under the 400 layers of bullshit and arguing, I've got an answer in there somewhere

Whether I join the RSOC is up to me, just because I own an RS, doesn't mean I have to join the RSOC. I'm a member of two other Ford clubs, and as a Ford enthusiast, I'm quite happy being involved with any type of blue oval, RS or otherwise.

It's my opinion that this scene spends far too much time kissing the arse of the RS brand, where most of the other models remain forgotten, which is a crying shame. I understand all the heritage and stuff, but I do find it a bit sad.

But, whether I join the RSOC or all the other shite is totally irrelevant to the questions asked, a few people just wanted clarity on what the rules were regarding who could show their car where. The question may come up every year, but some of us don't go every year, so just want some information, which shouldn't be too much to ask!

It's just as usual with PF, fighting comes before anything
Nobody is saying you do have to join the RSOC , all we are saying is dont expect the benefits of the RSOC unless you do join
Old 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

so where has this got.....

Are people going to get turned away from visiting car clubs if they are NOT members of the RSOC?

will someone be there to check or has this thread been a waste of time.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

Originally Posted by COS 22
the main problem is people get charged to be a local group member and there should not be a charge for this at all

this was discussed last year at the local group seminar

it will once again be a topic this year !!!!!!!!!!!!

dicko hit the nail on the head, you should be a national member before joining a local group and there would be no confusion

it does make more sense than charging subs to the local group. I would happily pay Ł35 a year once, to take part in every single show as opposed to Ł20 for all the local shows, then Ł35 for national day ( which is how i see it as the other stuff you get is irrelevant to us )

Sarah
Old 11-08-2009, 04:18 PM
COS 22
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

exactly dicko

over the years the local groups have become bigger and wanted to be more financially secure, hence the fee they charge

some then think they dont need to go by the rules they agreed to when their group was set up !! ( not a dig at anyone in particular ! )

as for this year and visiting clubs

rs cars will be allowed on visiting car club stands ( member or not ) ( however dicko need to join lol !!!!!!!!!! )

hope this is cleared up now

regards

Dave
Old 11-08-2009, 04:35 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

after all this nothing has changed.

all for nothing lol.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:35 PM
SassyRS
Little Miss...

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We shall not be attending this year!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM
lincolnrs

exactly dicko

over the years the local groups have become bigger and wanted to be more financially secure, hence the fee they charge

some then think they dont need to go by the rules they agreed to when their group was set up !! ( not a dig at anyone in particular ! )

rs cars will be allowed on visiting car club stands ( member or not ) ( however dicko need to join lol !!!!!!!!!! )

regards

Dave
Exactlly mate its been like that for the last 5 yrs I can remember

Rs cars on visiting car clubs Job done
Old 11-08-2009, 07:11 PM
lincolnrs

I like this quote

Thing is though you don't need to join a fitness club to get fit just like you don't have to join the RSOC cause you have an RS lol.

Ah well lest we know RS cars will be on visiting car club stands just like every other yr thats passed us by
Old 11-08-2009, 07:33 PM
WENNY

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
Winner for best username

why thankyou

never been to this show but wouldnt it be the more cars the better
Old 11-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Originally Posted by lincolnrs
I like this quote

Thing is though you don't need to join a fitness club to get fit just like you don't have to join the RSOC cause you have an RS lol.

Ah well lest we know RS cars will be on visiting car club stands just like every other yr thats passed us by

Correct , But would you expect to use the fitness clubs equipment and other facilities I dont think so , yet you want to use the RSOC for what they PAY out for

Never mind i quess there are free loaders wherever you go
Old 11-08-2009, 08:53 PM
lincolnrs

Correct , But would you expect to use the fitness clubs equipment and other facilities I dont think so , yet you want to use the RSOC for what they PAY out for

Never mind i quess there are free loaders wherever you go
Lol Free loaders you make me laugh

Theres no free loaders at all so's I guess every 1 that ain't a member is a free loader then thats funny as thats a sure way to recruit new members to the club
Does every 1 that has been out and bought a new RS Focus from ford had it rammed down there throat that they have to join the RSOC to attend a show /meeting I don't think so.

They buy the car for what it is not for the shit that goes with it. and that go's for every model of Rs.

Personally I would have thought of joining but if thats the attitude of most of the members why bother?

i've supported the RS marque for many years buy driving 1.

As for the RSOC paying out for National Day they do but they make alot more back through ticket sales to the show not just from its members.

With out the public support and other clubs being there the show would be alot smaller than it is now and the RSOC over heads would be massive!

And I'm not just speaking for myself here I'm talking for a lot of other people that I know that WERE MEMBERS of the RSOC but ain't no more cause of the negative atitude of some of its members.

Like I say great way to recruit new 1's

Last edited by lincolnrs; 11-08-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:41 PM
trev27

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Theres no free loaders at all so's I guess every 1 that ain't a member is a free loader then thats funny as thats a sure way to recruit new members to the club
Does every 1 that has been out and bought a new RS Focus from ford had it rammed down there throat that they have to join the RSOC to attend a show /meeting I don't think so.

They buy the car for what it is not for the shit that goes with it. and that go's for every model of Rs.

Personally I would have thought of joining but if thats the attitude of most of the members why bother?

As for the RSOC paying out for National Day they do but they make alot more back through ticket sales to the show not just from its members.

With out the public support and other clubs being there the show would be alot smaller than it is now and the RSOC over heads would be massive!

And I'm not just speaking for myself here I'm talking for a lot of other people that I know that WERE MEMBERS of the RSOC but ain't no more cause of the negative atitude of some of its members.

Agree with you on that one mate.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 PM
spinus
Part of the Furniture

i think freeloadings a bit harsh imo , i go to the shows whatever i drive, i pay my ticket to go in, get nothing in return but to look at some cracking motors, how can that be freeloading? i assume my ticket money goes to the rsoc, if not i oppologise.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 AM
BRAMMER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The club is as good as you personally want to make it - i have only been a member for 3 years after returning to the UK but in that time i've seen changes that have benefited me as a member and others.

New committee members seem to be pointing the club in the right direction and seem to listen to all issues that are brought forward but you have to give them a chance as I'm led to believe they are still straightening out problems that were caused by past committee members.

If you want any more information get on to the RSOC main board the members on their will answer any of your questions

Old 12-08-2009, 06:23 AM
lincolnrs

Originally Posted by BRAMMER
The club is as good as you personally want to make it - i have only been a member for 3 years after returning to the UK but in that time i've seen changes that have benefited me as a member and others.

New committee members seem to be pointing the club in the right direction and seem to listen to all issues that are brought forward but you have to give them a chance as I'm led to believe they are still straightening out problems that were caused by past committee members.

If you want any more information get on to the RSOC main board the members on their will answer any of your questions

Thats right mate I agree its as good as you want to make it like every thing in life

But what it don't need is the negative attitude to none members that could be prospective members in the future its a sure fire way of putting them off joining.

Or is that what the older memebers want to keep it for them selves don't want fresh blood amongst them. keep it in the circle if you like! cause thats the sort of attitude it puts across!
Old 12-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Mr RS500
15K+ Super Poster!!

Thats right mate I agree its as good as you want to make it like every thing in life

But what it don't need is the negative attitude to none members that could be prospective members in the future its a sure fire way of putting them off joining.

Or is that what the older memebers want to keep it for them selves don't want fresh blood amongst them. keep it in the circle if you like! cause thats the sort of attitude it puts across!

PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS if you were going to join you would have done so by now

The RSOC makes very very little proffit from Nat day mate , In fact its getting to the point where it may even be downsized as the risk involved with such a massive outlay is hardly worth it .

Think about it , Lay out over 50k to hold a show and it seriously pisses it down and the turnout is poor , what will happen to the club ? you quesed it , BUST ,

Like everything in life costs go up and the RSOC has had massive costs over the last few years that it has never had before ( solicitors for one ) most of the legal stuff was done by the club solicitor ( a member ) for very very cheap rates , now they pay full money as the old solicitor cant work for the club anymore , and we all know how much they charge

the RSOC now has to think about Heath and safety issues and the costs that go with it

Massive price rises in the hire of donnington for Nat day ( they tried a much cheaper option of rockingham but everyone moaned )

The list goes on mate

Believe me that your entrance fee for Nat day does not make massive proffots for the club , IT NEEDS MEMBERSHIP to continue and with more people wanting to be in a local group and go to Nat day without being a full RSOC member then the club simply cany survive

I know quite a few people who after many years away from the club have rejoined and have honestly said that there membership fee was worth ever penny

Its what Ł35 a year , anyone who says they cant afford this is telling little fibs , even studants can afford to go on the piss every weekend and quite honestly if you can afford to run a car then you can afford Ł35

You will find that most RSOC members are quite passionate about it and understand what is involved in running one of the biggest motor clubs in the world and get a little wound up when they see negativity from people wanting the best parts about the club but wont join

I honestly feel that for what it costs to join you get so much back its a real bargain

You get more than just a mag etc as some people will state ,

Free Valuations
Cheaper insurance
The mag
The shows
The website
Help and support
Group buy deals
etc etc etc

But mainly you get to go to the shows and be part of the club and meet new folks

But i quess thats not worth Ł35 to some people

Last edited by Mr RS500; 12-08-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 AM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

well said Paul!

But tbh, it's pointless trying to defend ANYTHING RSOC on passionford as this is where all the haters and band wagon jumpers are anyway............let them piss and moan as no one that is part of the RSOC and is a valued member gives a shite about the haters anyway.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 AM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Originally Posted by ESCYSCOTT
well said Paul!

But tbh, it's pointless trying to defend ANYTHING RSOC on passionford as this is where all the haters and band wagon jumpers are anyway............let them piss and moan as no one that is part of the RSOC and is a valued member gives a shite about the haters anyway.
think that is a bit harsh Scott,if all the haters and band wagon jumpers are on here then why are you on and many other rsoc members on here a fair bit.

Calm down Scott.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
lincolnrs

Well if thats the attitude of people why bother joining lol

I'm quite happy supporting the RSOC by attendeing there shows and paying like every1 else

I like many others don't want the bennifits from the club as they can be found else where

Any way enjoy the show and lets hope it don't rain then
Old 12-08-2009, 12:25 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

exactly dicko

regards

Dave

hes joined now anyway

Sarah
Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 PM
The Youth.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
hes joined now anyway

Sarah
just to avoid any Confusion, Dicko is now an RSOC member.
we had 4 members of our local group join in 1 day!!

steve
Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 PM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

so if my car is actually capable of getting there n back.....how do i get in...????.....not a member of rsoc....but i have a cool box full of cans.....
Old 12-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Dicko&Vacant
10K+ Poster!!

pete we can join our cars together lol and pretend its 1
Old 12-08-2009, 09:17 PM
robrs2
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Massive price rises in the hire of donnington for Nat day ( they tried a much cheaper option of rockingham but everyone moaned )

Was going to put that, but look at all the shit that caused. And to top it off if was mostly none members doing it.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:31 PM
ESCYSCOTT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dave cos4x4
think that is a bit harsh Scott,if all the haters and band wagon jumpers are on here then why are you on and many other rsoc members on here a fair bit.

Calm down Scott.
You know me Dave, very passionate about the club and very involved in it all and love doing croft etc so get a bit defensive and just get sick of reading these threads year in year out just before national day.

Well if thats the attitude of people why bother joining lol

I'm quite happy supporting the RSOC by attendeing there shows and paying like every1 else

I like many others don't want the bennifits from the club as they can be found else where

Any way enjoy the show and lets hope it don't rain then
By attending the local group shows your not supporting the RSOC, your supporting that specific local group......as said before, memberships is where the club get the funds to run year in year out.

Originally Posted by Dicko&Sarah
hes joined now anyway

Sarah
Old 12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
WENNY

after all that dicko you finally joined, thought you would have been a member for years, i might join 1 day
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 PM
dave cos4x4
Professional Waffler

Scott,you lot do a tremendous job and i don't blame you for having a little rant.
Old 13-08-2009, 03:45 PM
space hoppers
Advanced PassionFord User

Originally Posted by rsjp
i agree with rods statement ,theyve been up ther own arses for years thats why i dropped out about 7 yrs ago
money for nothing in the end, 6 mags never on time and allways the same old write ups

jp
i think both you and rod are very narrow minded. you need to look at the bigger picture
Old 13-08-2009, 09:07 PM
COS 22
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Mint problem solved dicko !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

pete there is no way u will make it there !!!!!!!!!

Did you get it back today then ???????????/
Old 14-08-2009, 05:14 AM
pete mcrash
saff is working!!!...atm

Mint problem solved dicko !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!lol

pete there is no way u will make it there !!!!!!!!!

Did you get it back today then ???????????/
....yeh it's going well.....(at the mo)...taking it to work today....c how it goes

Quick Reply: National Day