General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Friends in Car Accident... UPDATE 08/08 :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Cragrat
sit boo boo sit

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

just read this thread so sorry to hear

R.I.P.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
RIP

What caused the accident??

Why arent these kids learning about seatbelts by now either!!!
Its a reasonably quick (rural country a-road) road to drive and they're meant to have come round the corner and been faced with a deer in the road, causing the driver to swerve around it, briefly losing control, putting the car into a slide but unfortunately he ran out of space to correct when it dropped down the side of the embankment, rolling over a few times in the process.

The seatbelt without a doubt would have given Gibbie a much higher chance of survival, as I believe the major head trauma was caused by going through the windscreen and landing 30ft away from the car in a shallow stream.

I'm not sure what the Police will determine the cause of the accident to be, excessive speed, driver error, an accident... I know a few details which I'm not willing to post on the internet, but will have to wait for the outcome in due course. However, I really feel for the driver just now too. Losing a close friend is really tough, but being the one driving at the time must be seriously hard for him to deal with.

Cheers,
Grant