General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

fu***ng NHS :(

Search this Thread

Old 26-07-2009, 10:23 AM
scoobypete
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fu***ng NHS :(

at out house we have a big log fire so my dad has abit at the end where he cuts wood, got big saw bench and stuff, well yesterday he was using the bench, slipped and caught his finger, well abit more than caught. he has cut right round his fingertip and there is only a little bit of flesh holding on the tip to his finger and the bit of bone,. any way my mum run him to A & E running red lights as you do and after sat there for 3 hours woth blood pissing everywhere the come out and say, "sory, plastick surgon does not work weekends so youl have to come back monday " with his finger in two pices then they say " weel have a word with him as it may not be able to be saved as it will have been two days"
when my mum told ,e this i went mad. can they realy send some one home like this ???? he is now in agony and doesnt want to se anyone. im sory who may work for nhs or w.e but i have no respect for them now.
Old 26-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With all due respect, if it was really that bad they would not have sent him home. Blood pissing out makes it sound as if he is squirting blood all over the walls and ceiling.

In all reality I would take a wild guess at it being a less serious injury and reckon its a skin wound.

Sorry but the NHS is full of Doctors and Nurses that know better than you

Not looking for an argument, just giving you my opinion.
Old 26-07-2009, 10:29 AM
scoobypete

Originally Posted by doesntbelong
With all due respect, if it was really that bad they would not have sent him home. Blood pissing out makes it sound as if he is squirting blood all over the walls and ceiling.

In all reality I would take a wild guess at it being a less serious injury and reckon its a skin wound.

Sorry but the NHS is full of Doctors and Nurses that know better than you

Not looking for an argument, just giving you my opinion.
yhe i understand but they said he will prob loose it and it is literalie hanging off

sory for my spelling btw lol
Old 26-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Miller 3
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Get a pic up
Old 26-07-2009, 10:35 AM
scoobypete

Originally Posted by miller3
Get a pic up
want to and i asked him , his ansaw, FUCK OFF
Old 26-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Ellie
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Tough one but I suppose there has to be a limit. Someones arm, leg, face hanging off-theyre will be an on-call surgeon, the tip of someones finger possibly isnt classed as an emergency.
With the ongoing strain on the NHS, I wouldnt expect a plastic surgeon to be available over a weekend really, doesnt run on thin air.

If theyve not cleaned it up, dressed it, given him pain killers, and given him an outpatient appointment then go back.
Old 26-07-2009, 11:10 AM
woodside
Regular Contributor

tell them you'll go private - I bet the plastic surgeon will venture out then.

Doctors I'm afraid are controlling the NHS now and its only money they are interested in not patients (i'm sure one or two doctors are still patient orientated but most I've met and worked with are money orientated - capitalisim gone mad)

Trending Topics

Old 26-07-2009, 11:13 AM
tsutton

If it's just skin hanging off, he's right to send him home I'm afraid. Just wrap it up and keep it clean till Monday where it will be checked over.
Old 26-07-2009, 11:24 AM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

my hand was to the bone and my tendons and nerves were severed in my thumb resulting in a 2.5 hour op to sew it back together and 22 stitches internally and externally. when i went in to A+E i was taken in straight away(40+ waiting) and told on duty doc wouldnt touch it as it was a plastic surgery wound. they sent me home and told to come back in the morning to be admitted to a ward for the op.
i have no complaints and only praise for the quick and professional way i was fixed back up and the promptness of the resulting weeks of physio. it must be frustrating having to deal with all the retards with a touch of sunburn and various other minor scratches that require no more than a plaster that waste their time and cause the resulting clogging up of the system..

Last edited by fuzzy; 26-07-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 26-07-2009, 12:44 PM
anodised

i was sent home from a+e unable to use my fingers and told to get myself down to aylesbury(Stoke Mandeville Hospital) at 8am the next morning to have nerve's and tendons reconneted and the fingers swen back on
Old 26-07-2009, 12:55 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

no pics...?
Old 26-07-2009, 12:55 PM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by woodside
tell them you'll go private - I bet the plastic surgeon will venture out then.

Doctors I'm afraid are controlling the NHS now and its only money they are interested in not patients (i'm sure one or two doctors are still patient orientated but most I've met and worked with are money orientated - capitalisim gone mad)
Spot on imo, it's the doctors calling the shots on how nhs is run, and most don't give a shit so long as they get thier money, good job the hard working nurses care, or it would be even worse.
When I sliced through my thumb to the bone everytime I pulled the end away blood was squirting out as went through artery in thumb, was told of major wait, so went up usaf hospital instead, had stitches etc all perfect now.
tabetha
Old 26-07-2009, 02:09 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by scoobypete
want to and i asked him , his ansaw, FUCK OFF
Sorry but
Old 26-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Fezza
H71 CNX

Stitch it up yourself. Dead easy.

Last edited by Fezza; 26-07-2009 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Swine flu affecting my spelling
Old 26-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Try another hospital.......
Old 26-07-2009, 08:16 PM
scoobypete

Originally Posted by fuzzy
my hand was to the bone and my tendons and nerves were severed in my thumb resulting in a 2.5 hour op to sew it back together and 22 stitches internally and externally. when i went in to A+E i was taken in straight away(40+ waiting) and told on duty doc wouldnt touch it as it was a plastic surgery wound. they sent me home and told to come back in the morning to be admitted to a ward for the op.
i have no complaints and only praise for the quick and professional way i was fixed back up and the promptness of the resulting weeks of physio. it must be frustrating having to deal with all the retards with a touch of sunburn and various other minor scratches that require no more than a plaster that waste their time and cause the resulting clogging up of the system..
well that brings abit of hope
Old 26-07-2009, 08:21 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

id guess its likely they will remove the tip of the finger. there was a guy in the same day as me with a similar sounding injury, they decided to do him with local anaesthetic and lobbed of the tip with him awake then allowing him home immediately instead of a general anaesthetic op and several hours in a ward to let the drowsyness wear off before allowing you home.
Old 26-07-2009, 08:25 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

and i didnt even catch the mrsa superbug whilst i was in 6 weeks ago.
Old 26-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Iain Mac
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Doctors DON'T run the NHS (unfortunately). The service (!) is run by managers and politicians. And meantime, the rest of us don't want to pay the taxes that would be necessary to keep every department of every hospital fully staffed for every eventuality, 24/7. Or even to provide on-call cover.

I can understand your mum going mad when told dad would need to come back, but there's no point shouting at the messenger.

Sadly, my dad predicted 30 years ago that this was how medical people were going to end up being treated - shouted at and abused (or worse) if they were slow, or wrong in a diagnosis, and sued if something didn't work out. He said back then that he knew some doctors would seriously think about keeping quiet if someone ever asked if there was a doctor in the house/plane/train/theatre simply because, in an emergency situation with no equipment, a doctor would have a good chance of NOT being able to save someone, so why run the risk and take the blame? He reckoned he would always try to do what he could, but understood colleagues fears.

My mum retired from being a nurse after the last in a long line of assaults - supposedly doing geriatric care in the community, in a house, in a town where she couldn't lock the front door at night, so local thugs would just wander in after the pubs shut, or the main hospital would send mental patients to the place when they should have gone to a secure unit.

Sorry mate, I'm sad that your dad was injured, but I can think of very few circumstances where I will EVER support anyone having a pop at the NHS. It's far from perfect, but the people in it are, generally, the best in the world.
Old 26-07-2009, 11:12 PM
scoobypete

Originally Posted by Iain Mac
Doctors DON'T run the NHS (unfortunately). The service (!) is run by managers and politicians. And meantime, the rest of us don't want to pay the taxes that would be necessary to keep every department of every hospital fully staffed for every eventuality, 24/7. Or even to provide on-call cover.

I can understand your mum going mad when told dad would need to come back, but there's no point shouting at the messenger.

Sadly, my dad predicted 30 years ago that this was how medical people were going to end up being treated - shouted at and abused (or worse) if they were slow, or wrong in a diagnosis, and sued if something didn't work out. He said back then that he knew some doctors would seriously think about keeping quiet if someone ever asked if there was a doctor in the house/plane/train/theatre simply because, in an emergency situation with no equipment, a doctor would have a good chance of NOT being able to save someone, so why run the risk and take the blame? He reckoned he would always try to do what he could, but understood colleagues fears.

My mum retired from being a nurse after the last in a long line of assaults - supposedly doing geriatric care in the community, in a house, in a town where she couldn't lock the front door at night, so local thugs would just wander in after the pubs shut, or the main hospital would send mental patients to the place when they should have gone to a secure unit.

Sorry mate, I'm sad that your dad was injured, but I can think of very few circumstances where I will EVER support anyone having a pop at the NHS. It's far from perfect, but the people in it are, generally, the best in the world.
no we didnt have ago at anyoneand we understand it was not the nurse,s falt its the nhs as a whole just seems to gone down . the nurse was very helpfull just he gota be at home in agony . ovysly he has pain killers but it doesnot help massivley
Old 26-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

no we didnt have ago at anyoneand we understand it was not the nurse,s falt its the nhs as a whole just seems to gone down . the nurse was very helpfull just he gota be at home in agony . ovysly he has pain killers but it doesnot help massivley
Todays top tip: Alcohol is better than painkillers as it allows you to drop your guard and have a nice good cry.

Hope that helps.
Old 26-07-2009, 11:19 PM
scoobypete

Originally Posted by Rick Astley
Todays top tip: Alcohol is better than painkillers as it allows you to drop your guard and have a nice good cry.

Hope that helps.
for most people it woul but he carnt drink lolol
Old 26-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

for most people it woul but he carnt drink lolol
You'll just have to beat it out of him then!