General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

quit job and now no cash

Search this Thread

Old 21-07-2009, 06:15 PM
baba
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quit job and now no cash

my mates girlfriend quit her job about 1 month ago and has been living off savings etc since.she stays with he mum at home so ok there.but the cash is drying up now and shes starting to worry.she was on constand 4am starts and working long hours as a caterer.think its putting pressure on my friend and her due to her worrying/no money.shes proud and wont take his money.shes applied for several jobs but no word back yet.this is totally out of her character so it must have been bad.
hes asked me to ask on here as ive said sumbody on here will know the down.
so is there anyway she can sign-on the bru for the time being etc?

thanks in advance.
Old 21-07-2009, 06:26 PM
fez2i16v
Regular Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont think she can claim m8 if you quit a job my misses struggled when she got layed off
Old 21-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Sees still in employee mode.

Instead of looking for a job and pissing about with aplications and CV's and sitting waiting for replys, why not go and do some work.

There are loads of people and small local business out there who are willing to pay some one (usually cash in hand) for the "shit" jobs no one else will do. Cleaning offices, walking someones dog, cutting an old ladies grass or weeding her flower beds, etc etc.

I know its not ideal, but it may be a little relief and some spare cash while she is looking for a "proper" job.

It will take a bit of courage and maybe a bit of your support to get the ball rolling. But she will prob find if she gets one or two little jobs the old ladies etc will get talking and before she knows it maybe even have too much work!
Old 21-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

You have to be out of work for quite a while if you quit of your own doing, I think its 3 months, but someone else will know im sure.
Old 21-07-2009, 07:57 PM
KnoxyGtt
T34 just kicked in Yo

its the summer holidays for me and i didnt get a job, so just signed on and gonna do that till the 31 of aug when i go back

Signing on is such a fucking hassle, the amout of shit i had to go through probably wasnt worth the 92 quid tbh
Old 21-07-2009, 09:48 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

get down the agencies and see what is about - not saying there is work, but there is a difference between no work and not wanting the work that is about.

I did some GAFF jobs and grafted for peanuts when I left college and needed to clear debts - I HATED those jobs with a passion and would feel sick before every LONG LONG lonely shift.

BUT, it cleared my debt and after a time got a better job. I now run a a design agency and have a couple of lads for me and things thankfully are going well.

I NEVER signed on, and never considered it, I was able bodied and although hated those jobs I did it.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Tell her to look harder!
Old 21-07-2009, 09:50 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by KnoxyGtt
Signing on is such a fucking hassle, the amout of shit i had to go through probably wasnt worth the 92 quid tbh
Good, and it should be made harder!!!!
Old 21-07-2009, 09:55 PM
baba

ok cheers guys.

being honest she sees the signing on as a last resort and she is at job centre/calling employers checking online every day apparently.
Old 21-07-2009, 09:58 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Why did she quit her job? Daft at this time.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:06 PM
baba

Originally Posted by OldDan
Why did she quit her job? Daft at this time.

i know thats what id say but think it was the daft shifts/long hours and shes regreting it now i think.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:06 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Not directed at your mate, but I agree that benefits seems to be treated nowerdays like it is the norm to just sign on and drink stella all day. I know lads who actually get mocked by mates for working!!! seriously, they consider you more of a mug for getting a job.

Then I know a few birds that use babies to upgrade their homes to something nicer. One actually got preggers to get a 3 bed and knew that she would be moved to a better area than what she was in - and she did!

My sister has two little lads and works full time - if she does 5 days she gets her childcare benefits slashed to sod all, if she work 4 days it is virtually all paid for - 900 a month!!!

Then this si the crazy bit, at work they want to promot her to another level, and she has had to ask that she doesn't get a pay rise, as if they give her a little payrise, she will actually loose out massively as she will need to pay for her kids to go to nursery.

Why is child care not FREE to mums who want to return to work full time and pay into society?

The misses mate was 7 quid a month better of if she stayed on the benefits than return to work!!! she is a proud person and returned to work despite being worse off, people like that should be rewarded IMO.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:21 PM
MadMac
15K+ Super Poster!!

I think its 6 months to sign on if you have quit.

And getting the money in the first place is a hassle.

But then its a piece of piss to keep it comming. Which annoys me. Once your on it thats it, show up for 10min once a week. Get your allowance straight into the bank account. All you have to show is a bit of paper with a couple of notes on it to say you have been looking.

And dont get me started on these girls with their fucking babies.

Goverment spends 40% of my Taxs paying peoples benefits. I'm sick to the eye teeth of it. Thats 250 billion pounds.

If they did't do that I would pay 2 grand less income tax a year.

They should be spending that money investing it into industries and schemes to get businesses up and running to create jobs, not giving it to someone that shows a bit of paper once a week or pops out a baby.

Any other country in the world and they would have gotten shit.

I agree, if parents go to work they should get child care on the goverment. Not if they dont work. Afterall they are working to provide for their kids and try and get a better life. We shouldn't reward people for doing the opposite.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:42 PM
JLStretton
Choose Life.

Originally Posted by Maria.
Tell her to look harder!
Old 21-07-2009, 10:58 PM
furqall
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

she can come round mine and clean my flat (naked) for cash
Old 21-07-2009, 11:30 PM
XRdodgybird
Praise the XR!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Good, and it should be made harder!!!!
It should for the spongers, but you can't tar everyone who signs on with the same brush.....
Old 22-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by matts1
Then I know a few birds that use babies to upgrade their homes to something nicer. One actually got preggers to get a 3 bed and knew that she would be moved to a better area than what she was in - and she did!

My sister has two little lads and works full time - if she does 5 days she gets her childcare benefits slashed to sod all, if she work 4 days it is virtually all paid for - 900 a month!!!

Then this si the crazy bit, at work they want to promot her to another level, and she has had to ask that she doesn't get a pay rise, as if they give her a little payrise, she will actually loose out massively as she will need to pay for her kids to go to nursery.

Why is child care not FREE to mums who want to return to work full time and pay into society?

The misses mate was 7 quid a month better of if she stayed on the benefits than return to work!!! she is a proud person and returned to work despite being worse off, people like that should be rewarded IMO.
Yeah it is a complete fucking joke!!

the system doesnt encourage mums back to work at all unfortunately. As you say it should be free childcare for mums going back to work to encourage them to do so as in the long run they are better off getting money in tax off mums rather than paying out benefits for someone totally dependant on handouts.

For example one of my ex's from portsmouth was on benefits and had 2 kids.

She got a total of Ł18500 a year in benefits which means shed have to earn Ł24000 a year before tax to get that equivilent money.

And probably a good deal more to cover childcare!!!

Plus whose going to give someone with not a lot of job experience or qualifications a job with limited daytime hours and only during term time?? not many.

The systems all set up wrong.
Old 22-07-2009, 02:05 AM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

As she was a caterer, why doesn't she try and set up a small business in this line of work? Get an ad in the local paper. People are always having parties and so on. Not to mention people are willing to pay if the caterer is good.

I could make her some flyers to start her off if she wanted, free of charge, then you and a few of her friends could go door posting. I remember doing a flyer for a friend, and I put on it 'The first one will be free'. He had lots and lots phoning up, and he told them it had gone, even though it never existed, and once they got talking he was selling. Everyone wants something for nothing, so I used this to reel them in for him, lol!

Benni.
Old 22-07-2009, 07:12 AM
notroubleclubber
Back In The RS Game!

I hate spongers!! Bloody moaning cause its a pain to sign on ! What a joke!!!

You get money for doin sod all.

Alot of my m8s including my bro lost their jobs because of the recession. They all signed on. My bro got a new job after a month and could have got jobs for my other m8s but instead they couldnt be bothered as they were getting money for nothing sitting on their arses all day.
It fucking annoys me - lazy c#nts!
Old 22-07-2009, 09:18 AM
Lee Ivatt
Shizzle My Nizzle

Originally Posted by KnoxyGtt
its the summer holidays for me and i didnt get a job, so just signed on and gonna do that till the 31 of aug when i go back

I you wrote the check out that ive just paid for my tax bill, youd be as pissed off as i am reading your post