General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

how does life turn out ?

Search this Thread

Old 20-07-2009, 12:28 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does life turn out ?

i was just thinking and at the moment im not really doing anything with my life at the moment im just thinking has anyone else ever had the feeling that it will never get better im only 20 but so far i cant see myself getting on my feet wot with the way this country is going im just wondering if any of you when you was my age ever had this because i feel ready to start some life changing dissistions like finding a job and enjoying my life 4 a bit like traveling but mostly getting a job any will do to start me off im just thinking life just goes any old how iv been out of work 4 a while now and there is nothing out there and i really dont like being at home

i just wona know if anyone plans there life or does it just come along
Old 20-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a lot of people will say 'life is what you make it' but thats not true! There is a massive element of luk involved too!!

Im 28 and just seem to trundle along! Life can be incredibly boring, but the way i look at it is, i have food in my belly and a roof over my head! Thats puts me in a better position than some!
Old 20-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Butch.
PassionFord Post Troll

they say everything happens for a reason but what the reasons for everyone having no money
Old 20-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Daveyboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

nothing gets handed to you on a plate mate - you have to go out in the world in make your own luck!
Old 20-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

If you find yourself stuck in the rut the best things to do are those out of your comfort zone.
Old 20-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Garage19
PassionFord Post Troll

I don't know but it usually ends in misery and death so at least you have something to look forward to!
Old 20-07-2009, 12:38 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by doesntbelong
If you find yourself stuck in the rut the best things to do are those out of your comfort zone.
thats wot i feel like im in m8 its like my friend from school are having kid and there only 20 im thinking wtf wot life are they going to have when there 30 you know and i really wona do well but iv tryed sooo hard i mean busting my ass to find a job and nothing then you hear all these drug deallers getting all this money and come on it does sound appeling at times but i really am hungry 4 sucsses in my life just wot sort of age is best to start looking into the future
cheers
Old 20-07-2009, 12:41 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by Maria.
I know a lot of people will say 'life is what you make it' but thats not true! There is a massive element of luk involved too!!

Im 28 and just seem to trundle along! Life can be incredibly boring, but the way i look at it is, i have food in my belly and a roof over my head! Thats puts me in a better position than some!
maria looks like im in the same boat really but im still living at home i get fed everyday im healthy i have a car but i mean i want to grow out of living of mummy in a way you know

at the moment its just bad luck after bad luck
Old 20-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Maria.
15K+ Super Poster!!

It'll happen John dont worry!!

I know people who are in their late 30's and 40's who still massively rely on their parents, and to be honest i say fair play!!

I was never really brought up as opposed to 'dragged up' and have lived on my own since i was 15 and dont have a great deal to show for it, BUT, if i ever had the opportunity to live with a set of parents then i would!

Enjoy it while you can is what i say!
Old 20-07-2009, 12:54 PM
Dangerous Malcolm..
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by johnandhissaffy
i was just thinking and at the moment im not really doing anything with my life at the moment im just thinking has anyone else ever had the feeling that it will never get better im only 20 but so far i cant see myself getting on my feet wot with the way this country is going im just wondering if any of you when you was my age ever had this because i feel ready to start some life changing dissistions like finding a job and enjoying my life 4 a bit like traveling but mostly getting a job any will do to start me off im just thinking life just goes any old how iv been out of work 4 a while now and there is nothing out there and i really dont like being at home

The only difference between you and me is I'm 30 already and have a job..... Don't let it get you down now mate, it only gets harder as you get older.
Old 20-07-2009, 12:55 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

It'll happen John dont worry!!

I know people who are in their late 30's and 40's who still massively rely on their parents, and to be honest i say fair play!!

I was never really brought up as opposed to 'dragged up' and have lived on my own since i was 15 and dont have a great deal to show for it, BUT, if i ever had the opportunity to live with a set of parents then i would!

Enjoy it while you can is what i say!
thanks for that maria i was just worried about it thats all
Old 20-07-2009, 12:59 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by Mal.
The only difference between you and me is I'm 30 already and have a job..... Don't let it get you down now mate, it only gets harder as you get older.
that sucks lol ,well cheers and hope you get some luck ok fella
Old 20-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Interesting question.
I started out with a plan and it turned to crap, now I am pretty much only giving myself 6 monthly targets as situations are so changeable nowadays.

I made a topic once that may have interested people reading this, will try and dig it out with a BTTT....
Old 20-07-2009, 01:14 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I disagree, I think you make your own luck. Sure bad things happen to good people, but people are all too willing to blame their own mis-judgements on bad luck. In reality you can take charge of your own life and steer it in the direction you want.

If bad luck conspires to get in the way of your goals, then work around it and you will get what you want if you want it enough.
Old 20-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Kris_23
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

My advise would be get a job and save like hell before your parents kick you out. After moving out my outgoings went up by 90% and now i'm kicking myself that I didnt save while i was at home instead of spunking all my money up the wall.

Atleast if you have money set aside you can get a house of your own and thats one big objective sorted for your life.

Good luck dude.
Old 20-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Less.
having a mid life crisis

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

My life not turned out how I planned,but trying to change things that have not worked out.

I have acheived some goals not all of them
Old 20-07-2009, 01:21 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
I disagree, I think you make your own luck. Sure bad things happen to good people, but people are all too willing to blame their own mis-judgements on bad luck. In reality you can take charge of your own life and steer it in the direction you want.

If bad luck conspires to get in the way of your goals, then work around it and you will get what you want if you want it enough.

You are bang on Dan..... it`s been scientifically proved that people who feel lucky, get lucky.

They say if you are a positive person who feels lucky and always thinks the glass is half full, then you are far more likely to pick up on and take advantage of any opportunity that comes your way than someone who is negative....

Works for me
Old 20-07-2009, 01:22 PM
morph
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

I think you will find alot of people were like you at that age and they made descisions that may have not been the best but now they are sort of content with themselves for owning what they have been able to get,
when i was 15 i thought i would be driving a ferrari by the time i was 30!
truth i am driving an ST and i have something i have allways wanted a s1 as my weekend project it gives me reasons to work now as i want to buy x, y and z for her.
If you don't have any luck finding a job why not go out and create a job?
i know of many people that come around to mine and ask if i would like some handywork done. abit of painting, mowing the lawn, skipping rubbish etc.. even ironing the laundry you'll be suprised how many people will say yeah to ahving that done!
best of luck mate!
Old 20-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Neil@FastFord
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Life is a funny one, you do have to make your own choices and path.

I could have gone down a very different road in life and am glad that the decisions i made have come good. I never have enough money but overall things are great and tickling along well enough.

But i have itchy feet and keep contemplating massive changes.

You gotta go balls out, it's better than being filled with regret.
Old 20-07-2009, 01:36 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

so really its just everyone is waiting for that make or break moment in there ife dont matter if its at 15 years old or 40 really it just happens

my life objectives are
family they are the most important thing in the world to me if i didnt have my mum,nan and brother i wouldn't be the person i am and i thank them soo much for putting up with me because i was a little shite and sometime still am i have behavior problems iv had ADHD since i was like 6

then a house but when i see my mum and step dad struggle with money i think wots the point they argue and stuff stupid stuff

then a career something i can have forever

then children and maybe a wife

then id be happy i am happy now but its just seems scarey looking into how id get most of that stuff

everyone that has posted thanks for your post it really helping me to know that in not the only one out there cheers
Old 20-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

I believe that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. If you want to do something and you set your mind to it, steping out of your comfort zone and making every effort, you WILL be successful.

Of course bad luck can happen to anyone, but I believe what seperates the successful people from the rest(although everyone's ideas of success will differ) is effort! Start thinking more positively and do what you want to do.
Old 20-07-2009, 01:46 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Life is what you make it mate, cars and houses are just objects at the end of the day . We are all going to end up in the same place but what you do with your time is down to YOU .
Old 20-07-2009, 01:47 PM
RichardPON
20K+ Super Poster.

so really its just everyone is waiting for that make or break moment in there ife dont matter if its at 15 years old or 40 really it just happens
No, it doesn't "just happen".

You have to make stuff happen.

Who sits on their arse waiting for good fortune? Maybe that's why your life is passing you by.......
Old 20-07-2009, 01:51 PM
johnandhissaffy
white fords look best

Originally Posted by RichardPON
No, it doesn't "just happen".

You have to make stuff happen.

Who sits on their arse waiting for good fortune? Maybe that's why your life is passing you by.......

only thing wrong in your post is i dont sit on my ass lol im allways looking driving about asking for jobs
Old 20-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by The Diva

They say if you are a positive person who feels lucky and always thinks the glass is half full, then you are far more likely to pick up on and take advantage of any opportunity that comes your way than someone who is negative....

Works for me
How come you,ve still got Cossies then Dave and not a Lambo??
Old 20-07-2009, 02:00 PM
Rod-Tarry
Happily retired

Received 237 Likes on 151 Posts

Never had a plan , married the right girl, had two great kids, dont need or have ever wanted much else, seem to have done well & have everything i need & a bit left to spend on a rather silly hobby , but my family always came first & my big chance 20 odd years ago to earn mega money was turned down cos the people who i care about were not keen to uproot. Have not regretted it still wake up with the women i love each day & that with our health & that of the kids is all you need. My advice is retire as soon as you can cos working is a waste of the time you have left.
Old 20-07-2009, 02:00 PM
natehall
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan_D
I believe that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you deal with it. If you want to do something and you set your mind to it, steping out of your comfort zone and making every effort, you WILL be successful.

Of course bad luck can happen to anyone, but I believe what seperates the successful people from the rest(although everyone's ideas of success will differ) is effort! Start thinking more positively and do what you want to do.
I agree 100%!

Since leaving Uni at 22 in 2006 (3 years ago :shock I moved back with my mum and dad for 12 months, sponged off them to get my car back on the road so I could get a job.

I then got a job, worked hard and paid them back every penny I owed them and feel good for it, we then bought a house in 2007 and I moved jobs shortly after to pay for the house, but there was a lot of travelling, in 2008 I got married to my long time partner Jen and we was happy, moved to another job closer to home so we could spend more time together and the pay was good.

This takes us upto June 2008, life was good all the bills were getting paid and we had a bit of money left over each month which looking back i wished we saved - but we enjoyed life instead and spent a lot of money on the house (Driveway, new bathroom, new boiler, decorate the 3 biggest rooms) and enjoyed the rest (beer, cinema, cars, cloths and takeaways), then it all crashed down upon us in december, when it turns out my (now ex) boss was closing down the company, and i was out of a job with no income to cover any of the outgoings, unfortunately my wife had moved to the same company in december - what appeared a great opportunity at the time. shame hindsight is 20/20

In January this year, amidst all of the woolworths redundancies (I didnt work for them) we had hit rock bottom, if we didnt do anything our projected income was Ł0, thats no money for mortgage, car loan etc. Instead I decided I wasnt going to go down without a fight, and so launched UK SEO Agency, which I run full time and we are now in a financially stable position, and more importantly we kept the roof over our head and food in the cupboards. And as an added bonus, we used all of the extra time we spent in the house baby making - I am now 25 and we are expecting our first child in december
Old 20-07-2009, 02:01 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

one of my mates got dumped by his woman,had to sell his cos,moved on from there then had his next house repossessed after losing his job,then bankrupt.

luckily no kids involved so he moved to his mums for six months,saved enough for an open return ticket to aus and left with next to nothing(when i say next to nothing i mean it,the dozy twat missed his connection flight by sitting in the pub,kinda ended up being his and there fault so they said he could get on the next flight and still make the main one to aus in time but would have to pay 30 quid to have his bag moved....he didnt have it!).
they waved the charge probably in amazement at his lack of cash!

the last pic he sent me he was sitting on his balcony over looking a bay having a beer and a bbq.
now working for cash in hand and doing fine.

Last edited by dovboy; 20-07-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 20-07-2009, 02:03 PM
CombatSapph
Regular Contributor

then children and maybe a wife
Eh? I think it's best to do that the other way round!

I never had a plan when I was younger - left college with mediocre A levels, worked in a bike shop for a year and saw an IT helpdesk post advertised. As I was into my computers I went for it and got it. Spent four years busting a gut in that place, doing all the overtime avail and working shifts - then got offered a "gen to tech" training course and they trained me as a computer programmer. Completed that course in 6 weeks and a year later got promoted to a full programmer. Busted a gut at that then got offered a web design/xml/xsl course so I went for that. Completed that and got another promotion. Then got offered a live support role for Siebel systems with more training. I completed that three years ago and got another promotion and now I've reached a plateau (I'm 31) where I have enough money for the life I'm happy living - good house, couple of nice cars, a wife and two kids.

I can now relax at work a little and cruise a bit, knowing I can complete all the tasks I need to do in half the time they expect it to take. So I'm not stressed nor over busy and I have some serious skills under my belt. All that from taking a punt at a job that sounded interesting and then grabbing every opportunity by the balls and making the most of it (as I would of done if I had got the job with Stu at M Developments if he'd shortlisted me).

So yes, there is a little of "right place at the right time" but you need to make the most of everything that comes your way. So, get a job, any job - that job in the crisp packing factory might just be the foot in the door to something excellent - I always think, at the end of the day, somebody owns that factory/business - work your way up and take their job!

Last edited by CombatSapph; 20-07-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 20-07-2009, 02:10 PM
RsToy
PassionFord Post Troll

people dont realise how lucky they are just being 'in good health'....we all plod along now and again...then something good will come along...or not, just have to play with the hand your dealt with and try to make the most of what you have.
Old 20-07-2009, 02:14 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Pete.L
How come you,ve still got Cossies then Dave and not a Lambo??

Shortstuff and his Sister Pete.....
Old 20-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Staffi
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 107 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by The Diva
Shortstuff and his Sister Pete.....

Rob, i realised after i,d posted i put Dave instead of Rob too...

I,m losing it mate too, 43 in August, it,s all down hill now mate...

You ok anyway mate?? haven,t seen/spoken to you for a good while, Ford Fair yes??
Old 20-07-2009, 02:21 PM
The DIVA
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Pete.L
Rob, i realised after i,d posted i put Dave instead of Rob too...

I,m losing it mate too, 43 in August, it,s all down hill now mate...

You ok anyway mate?? haven,t seen/spoken to you for a good while, Ford Fair yes??

I`m good mate thanks, the cossie is about to get broken as my skeleton is fooked at the mo and i`m looking at some serious back repairs and the last thing i need to be doing is crawling around under the fooking shonker all the time

Think a nice comfy Range Rover is on the cards, it will match my slippers and rocking chair
Old 20-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Stu @ M Developments
PassionFords Creator
PassionFord Gold Member (Male)
Official PassionFord Trader
Administrator

Received 95 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RsToy
people dont realise how lucky they are just being 'in good health'
This is so true. With having an unwell baby and a couple of as yet un-diagnosed problems at the moment that are making me wonder why i work so damned hard. Life is short and we all need to remember to take some time off to enjoy a little of it.

*Stu heads off to find a remote cottage in the lakes for a week*