General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

jacking in my job

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:12 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts
Default jacking in my job

i've set the ball in motion and am going to give them the yes or no tomorrow morning

just basicly fucked off with the 90% of the people i work with being clueless fucking idiots

they got both fucking barrels this morning over the phone, i made sure everyone knew about it

i've got another job lined up, different money, different perks, over all worth less to me as a total package than i currently get, plus i'd have to be there for 2 years to get started on the benifits ladder or working for them

on the flip side, i could walk to work, i could walk to work now but i'd be knackered it's half a mile away as opposed to 2 miles away so i wouldn't need a car to travel, but i wouldn't get company transport, which is a bummer

the only thing that's holding me back at the moment though is the old saying "better the devil you know"

i could tae a step down the manegirial ladder and remove 99% of the arseholes who bug me for stuff, but it's about a £10k paycut

i know the decision is going to have to be mine, but has anyone else been in a similar situation?
is currently in the same situation?
has taken the lea of faith and made a good move?
taken the leap of faith and gone from the frying pan into the fire?

or do i stay in a job that i'm getting sick and tired off to keep paying for the mortgage and the childcare costs? both of which i can now comfortably afford but it's going to be beyond my budjet if i change jobs or downgrade?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Alps Pacino
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

never burn you bridges
Old 08-07-2009, 04:19 PM
focusv8
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts

No don't leave.

We won't get all the amusing stories about the Retards that work for you and the antics they get up to....

Unless you are going somewhere else that employs more amusing Fuchtards.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:20 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

be careful mate - i did this when i left amazon.co.uk - had been there for nearly 5 years and went into another techy job which ended up being proper shit.

Gave it a month and soon left Ended up doing courier for 6 months and then went back into techy jobs - and now love the field im in but hate the company so am starting my own up
Old 08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
2saffs
I'm Finding My Feet Here Now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alps Pacino
never burn you bridges
Agree with that 100%, sometimes its better the devil you know. On the other hand it may work out fine, but ya never know what the future holds, no matter how shite they are, always have a plan b.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 PM
AndyR1
PassionFord Regular

stay where you are,untill you can match the money or better it
Old 08-07-2009, 04:25 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You said you couldn't pay child care or mortgage if you took either of 2 other options, so surely a no brainer?

Trending Topics

Old 08-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Stay where you are.
I made the same simular mistake, left my mercedes dealership last summer.
I have regretted it and only recently started to pick myself up in my new job.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

you having a midlife crisis
what about getting a job as a wrestler
Die hard Dojj
Old 08-07-2009, 04:37 PM
burnzy
burnzy

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

i did this and went into the fire big style after the job i was supposed to be jumping into fell through and left me with fuck all , so i'd tread carefully work is still fairly hard to get out there, esp if your like me and only have on the job experience witch in there eyes accounts for nothing these days
Old 08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by C4llyT
You said you couldn't pay child care or mortgage if you took either of 2 other options, so surely a no brainer?
but it's being in a job that i am slowly starting to hate

i love the job i do, absolutly suits me perfectly, right down to the last lttle bit of stuff i need to do and what they expect me to do in return

but over the past few months it's been a case of me getting the flack from all sides, we need high level cleaning to clean the cobwebs in the unit, so i get a bollocking for not getting the cleaner to do it, even though we have a facilities guy who is supposed to arrange this sort of stuff

i mean, how petty is that? i was told to get it sorted, i told him, he didn't do anything about it, then gave me a bollocking

and don't get me started on the woman who calls up 3 hours after you've told her that something missing and says "can you go back to look for it, the computer says it's there so it must be"

or the trunk driver who won't pick up anything if it's not in the correct area's. even though the correct area is sometimes not big enough to put all the stuff we need to send back in, so he leaves it behind

but the main problem is that everyone is out to point the finger of blame at soemone else, rather than think "hang on, let me figure out why this is happening so that it doens't happen in the future" the perfect example being deliveries that go to the royal mail sorting office rather than the address of the company, simply because the postcode puts it there

so, rather than check that the postcode is correct on the map, as in you google the postcode to see where it takes you, they just punch it in and then the driver has to spend an hour trying to get through to find out what the right address is, before being told "we don't have a contact number for them so you'll just have to go and find it yourself"

90 minutes yesterday to do 2 miles and where was the delivery? at the same place as one of the other guys who was in the area as well

i've been ehre 9 years and in the last 6 months it's got noticably worse

i could fill pages and pages and pages of stuff that's wrong, todays major fuck for my route was not the going around the houses from feltham to hampton to richmond to acton to w1 to ec2 to e1 to n13 to en4 to wg6 to w10 to ub6 and all sorts of other places along the way, it was tha tone of my later drops wanted it before 12, was promised it before 12, then i get a phone call to ask why i was running 2 hours late and if it would help if they cancelled the 2 drops AFTER the one i was going to get to at 2pm

i was speachless at this stupidity
Old 08-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

dojj meldrew
Old 08-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Chris Honeywell
Advanced PassionFord User

M8 better the devil you know , if your not 100% sure about leaving then for Gods sake stay!!..

Because it could be worse elswhere.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:51 PM
ReeceRS
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

i walked out my job thinking it was all dandy il start fresh, so i did and told the boss to jog on, got a job at stansted airport, well i got made redundant 2 months later and am now out of work and struggling to find a job thats good wonga and that i want to do. stay there for abit
Old 08-07-2009, 05:53 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
dojj meldrew
even worse on monday, delivered to some woman who went totaly bonkers bceause i went to her works address in the morning when i should have been delivering to her house in the afternoon

we deliver temp controled meds and she didn't have anything to put it in at work, and never mond how she was going to get it home on the bus
Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 PM
leecavturbo
Advanced PassionFord User

sounds like a regular job to me dojj. deal with it.
there will be about the same amount of arseholes if not more at the next job
Old 08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Sounds like good money, got to deal with shit if you want the money.
Gotta just think fuck 'em, and look forward to pay day; or another hour another tenner in my pocket, positive thinking.
No way would I jack a good paying job in at the moment.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

dojj can't you just take your stress out on your neighbours please
thanks
Old 08-07-2009, 06:15 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Why don't you present a document to your boss detailing how the company can save money and improve efficiency? If it's not listened to then leave.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:32 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Why don't you present a document to your boss detailing how the company can save money and improve efficiency? If it's not listened to then leave.
but which boss though mate?

that's the problem

it's a very simple structure but ever since one guy moved jobs, the place has gone to shit

the heirachy is like this,, :

then there is the logistics manager (now operations manager who comes down every once in a while to see how things are going and, when he says stuff, things happen, but he's not around much )
then there was the assistant logistics manager (now left)
then there is the office manager (who listens but then nothing seems to ever happen)
then there is the drivers manager (who no one listens to even though he does try his best to make a go of things, you know he doens't have the support of the majority of those below him) along with the fleet manager (totally clueless as far as i'm concerned and a lot of the others too, ok for a bit of filing and form filling but not really destined to be anything other than a glorified name and title)
there are the 2 driver "liaison" types to put not a fine point on it
there are 3 people who "plan" and my position, lead driver, warehouse supervisor, etc
there are 6 people who do "driver support", probably 2 of them can help, one tries to help, the other 3 are just keeping seats warm
there are about 80 drivers

the probelm isn't telling someone, the problem is getting someone to take responsibility for getting resluts and actioning what has been offered to help out

it's either customer services who don't do what they are supposed to, or it's first time staff who put the wrong stuff down, or it's warehouse who don't send the stuff out or it's pharmacy who don't sign the stuff out or it's quality control who don't contorl the quality or whatever excuse is useable that day
noboday ever says "that was my fault, i'll sort it" there is no accountability, there is no repreimanding of staff for fucking up the orders, nothing

it's like the leaning tower of pisa, they started bulding it and then realised it was sinking, so rather than sort the foundations uot, they just built it less bent at the top so the lean stopped being so obvious, and because they have invested MILLIONS into this whole package, no one wants to admit it's a disaster because that would mean taking responsibility

and because it's been allowed to go o for so long, it's become accepted practice

plus they don't have a back up plan to replace stuff without having to spend more millions and the software company we use has them by the bollocks and you can see just how big a problem it's become

i'll probably stick it out for as long as i can because it's money at the end of the day, but my brother is looking to move to the states soon so i might be upping sticks and going out there is things get better in the next year or so
Old 08-07-2009, 06:47 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

why not stay untill you have found a job that suits you,instead of jumping ship to a worst job and regreting it.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:06 PM
cozzfather
C.R.E.A.M.

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i love Dojjys big replys

1000 word essay and he decides to stick with the job.

i can sum it up in a sentance.

i hate my job but the pays great,atleast i can sit on the computer all day looking at wrestling

Last edited by cozzfather; 08-07-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
JokerDisco
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sorry but pmsl @ the "dojj on the dole" tag!

Last edited by JokerDisco; 08-07-2009 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:48 PM
dojj

Originally Posted by cozzfather
i love Dojjys big replys

1000 word essay and he decides to stick with the job.

i can sum it up in a sentance.

i hate my job but the pays great,atleast i can sit on the computer all day looking at wrestling
pretty much yes

but guess who won't be replying to this thread during working time tomorrow
Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dojj
but which boss though mate?

that's the problem
The guy who gets paid the most!
Old 08-07-2009, 08:52 PM
dojj

that's simple then, it's the guy who used to drive the E class, and then it was the bloke who used to drive the jag, but now drives the 5 series
Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Chip
*** Sierra RS Custard ***

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Ive just been punted into a new job on secondment that I wasnt looking forward to and its in central london so loads of extra travelling which I normally hate.

Been doing it a few days now though and really enjoying it so far, and managing to get the magazine wirting work I have done on the train so although its extra travelling time some of it is at least being fruitful.

Its about half a grand a week more cash too which is quite handy.

So its weird how sometimes things turn out for the best, so I reckon its worth the risk if you KNOW you dont want to be where you are anyway.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Mr Brannen
PassionFord Post Whore!!

You always come across like you owned the fucking company anyway!!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

you having a midlife crisis
what about getting a job as a wrestler
Die hard Dojj
FPMSL.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Dojj, just have a mental breakdown, then while going nuts you can get away with off'ing all the cunts at work and terrrorising the nieghbours at the same time!

Also with your nieghbours being so ignorant they will probably think that you will "axe murder" them because you were "ill" let them live in that fear!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
R4N SS
Professional Waffler

Received 147 Likes on 139 Posts

dojj meldrew
Old 08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
chameleon
PassionFord Regular

you lot do make me chuckle.................
Old 08-07-2009, 10:29 PM
sheeks
Regular Contributor

sometimes ur better sticking to the s***e u know, ave thought about jacking it loads of times but money is a bastard and u need it. stick at it till something good comes up.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Glenn_
Glennvestite

Received 1,044 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Brannen
You always come across like you owned the fucking company anyway!!
I thought he owned his own company too. lol.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:22 PM
dojj

no, i don't own the company
if i did i wouldn't be spending my time here, i'd be working out how go global
when you are turning over the good part of half a billion £ and your profits are around the 5% mark, you've got to be doing osmething right

i got a call this morning and basicly i told him that i wasn't going to be so unprofessional as to just jack it in because some clueless muppet decided tha ti'd had a personal pop at him and that i would stay on because i enjoyed the job

i also said that i wold be speaking to someone, as per dan's suggestion, to point out what i felt was going wrong, even if the suggestions i made were not implementable so cheers mate for that suggestion

i did however, line up another job yesterday afternoon just in case they thought i was bluffing, but seeing as that same guy who had a go at me has right properly stiched me up for tomorrow, i think a carefully selected "fuck you" by doing my own thing will sufice to show that i won't just lie down and be walked over
Old 09-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Kevin Sharp
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dojj you will be CEO of the company soon stick with it.....the skys the limit
Old 10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
dojj

did my thing, i'll see what happens on monday when i get back and chek out what he's planned for me

needless to say, if he's being a cunt then i'll just have to "rearrange" things