General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Laptop help please!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:51 AM
lammylama
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laptop help please!!!!!!

A problem has developed on my laptop over the last week and is starting to piss me off now.

I can surf the net fine all day and is nice and quick but the moment i go to watch a streaming video clip from any website it plays for a few seconds then started to slow down,jerking then completely stops...this then virtually stops the laptop from doing anything for a minute or two..everything comes to a virtual standstill.
When i eventually get back to my homepage things start speeding up again and is normal in a min or 2 until i watch a video again where the whole thing starts over again.

This started a week ago and has got worse ever since.

Ive done a defrag,2 spyware checks,deleted all my temp internet files,cookies and a disc cleanup and has made no difference.

Anyone got any ideas........have been on about doing a RAM upgrade as things have been slowing up slightly over the past few months....could this be the prob do you think bearing in mind its been running fine for the year and a half ive had it.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine used to do exactly the same, until one day when I wasn't spending even more money on cars I bought Kaspersky, haven't looked back since, found out though I had remnants of all the old free debug programs on it still that were clashing with each other.
Kasper is a little slow to start with as it learns what it can trust and what it can't, but ace after that, but do notice it depends on time of day, slower noticeably when more people on the net.
Now a quick scan on me lappy(also kaspersky) takes 7 seconds, mine about 1 minute, he's on Vista, I'm on XP, but soon going Vista hopefully.
tabetha
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
95 fiesta si
Regular Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what broadband speed you on and what wireless router you got ?