General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

pulled my back ;/

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Pob
Advanced PassionFord User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled my back ;/

Yesterday afternoon, i sold a little engine and lifted it with the guy on to the trailer. Stupidly, I didn't bend my knees, and all the weight went on to my back...I was ok, til around 12 last night, after lying down for an hour watching TV, I couldnt sit up to turn the TV off.

I do squats normally, i know the importance of bending your knees and keeping your back straight.
Its f'cking killing me, i need help to put socks/pull trousers up. Anyone got any tips, of how to help ease the pain.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:52 AM
RANJ
BANNED
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hard floor for a few days mate, i suffer from bad back, eases it for me, also see doc for pain killers,
Old 01-06-2009, 11:12 AM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive been off work for the past 3 weeks and have at least another 2 weeks off due to back problems. its not nice, im still cant put my own socks on .

had back problems for about 9 years but its been getting worse and worse as of late

where abouts is the pain ?
Old 01-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Pob

I'm not lying on the floor, unless some one is around to help me up.

I've never pulled it as bad as this before, i feel for you mate, 9 years rough

Its on the left side, about 5-7 inches up from my bum.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:28 AM
boost mad
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can you stand up straight or do you find yourself haveing to hunch forward to ease the pain.

there is always a constant pain at the bottom of my back, but i learnt to live with it, but, somethings will set it off. It can be as little as a few sharp pains through to not being able to move at all. At the mo, its the worst its ever been
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM
Dal_
PassionFord Post Troll

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

I had this only a month ago. Get a hot water bottle and sit as upright as you can with it in the small of your back. Your lower back muscles have probably spazmed and tightened up. Heat helps them relax again and gets rid of the pain.
Take Ibuprofen every 4 hours to help with the pain - but take no more than 6 per day. You can mix these with paracetamol every 4 hours (2 hours between the ibuprofen works well) I also had some ibuprofen gel which my G/f rubbed on my back for overnight relief.

The old school method of recovery was bed - this has now been proved to not be the best route to aid recovery. The best thing is to move - within your pain threshold - as much as possible. I had an old lightweight wooden chair which I hobbled round the ground floor of the house with ever hour or so - just to try and move things and get the back to supple.

It took me a week to get back to work and 3 weeks to be able to tie my shoe laces - sitting on the stairs helps.

Good luck - keep the heat on your back and popping those pill.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Pob

Cheers for the advice, i've been 'popping' pills, and lying down for half an hour, then getting back up to work the muscles. It's getting slighly better.

I can lean forward to a certain extent, but if i reach towards my knees, pain shoots up through my back Also, if i'm lying down, I cant sit up, pain is too much.
I'll go see if there's some ibuprofen in the cupboard.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
snoopaloopa
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Sometimes heat is the worst thing you can do, depending on whats wrong. I pulled mine same as yours it seems, went to a good osteopath (sp) hobbled in like a cripple, walked out a new man. Still ached for a couple of days but sorted it out a treat, I go every six months now just to be tyed in knots lol.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:26 PM
jamieRST
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

I also suffer from a bad back,have done for about 3 1/2 years now.i crashed my bike in france,came off the road,into a ditch and snapped my left collar bone on impact,my gf does beauty therapy and massgaes it,she says my spine is slightly twisted.i get pain just beneath the middle of my back on both sides,its always really tight and i get riddled with knots of muscle everyday and the only way to get rid of them is to massage/crunch them out,and i usually have about 15-20+,it hurts like hell.i used to go to a chiropractor,all he used to do was crunch my back everywhich way,itd make me staright as an arrow for about 3 days,then would be back to normal.he charged 25 a session for 25 mins and wanted me to go 3 times a week,cost a fortune so i stopped.I find a warm bath helps with my pain tremendously,i dont take tablets for my pain as after 3 1/2 years im sortov used to the pain now hope you get it sorted m8,i know how you feel,somedays i cant even barely get out of bed