General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Worst Roadtest video ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Stoo
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I watched the video before reading any of the comments and I have to say it held my attention to the end, I'm usually interested in what people have to say though.

I think the new RS looks great
Old 03-05-2009, 07:27 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by katekembery
How do your girlfriends, wives, partners put up with you lot or do you get all your macho nonsense out of your systems on-line? Would love to know what they thought of the website as it is them we're aiming at.
My wife's learn't to live with it. It's my job, so she's not got much option though!

She had a look over your site. She liked it but thought if it's going to be aimed at women who don't really care about cars, then it should have more about how practical it is for shopping/kids etc. More about colours and budget too apparently.

(Also in the jargon buster, it would benefit from the headings in bold as they get lost among the rest of the copy)
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
katekembery
Virgin

Smile

Originally Posted by foreigneRS
my girlfriend has worked for honda for donkey's years so has more than a passing interest of and knowledge about cars so would probably find your site both embarrasing and patronising.

i can appreciate that you have an audience though, and potentially quite a large one, as the general public and women in particular are absolutely clueless about cars and do buy them purely on the way they look or how many cupholders it has

you have to explain this 25mph in 2nd gear business though. you don't honestly think that is fast do you?
Have you actually looked at the website - or more importantly, has your girlfriend?

The 25 mph in second was meant as a wind up, a joke. It's obviously the way I tell them! I do love driving fast, and I really enjoyed the power of the RS but think that if I had such a car it would just get me into trouble.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:45 PM
katekembery
Virgin

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
My wife's learn't to live with it. It's my job, so she's not got much option though!

She had a look over your site. She liked it but thought if it's going to be aimed at women who don't really care about cars, then it should have more about how practical it is for shopping/kids etc. More about colours and budget too apparently.

(Also in the jargon buster, it would benefit from the headings in bold as they get lost among the rest of the copy)
Thanks for that - good points!
Old 03-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

We'd love to get some Volvos on the site and will do our best for your mum.
Come to Liverpool with some insurance and you can review my Volvo C30. It's a 58 and has very low mielage. It's all yours. Tis' the best colour too. I have a good idea for your site. You should have a dealer trustworthy section, where you send a Man and a Woman into a showroom to buy a car and see how much more respect the Man is shown. Could also do the same for servicing. You Woman don't wanna' be ripped off now, do you?

Benni.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
andy escos
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that has got to be the slowest test drive i have ever seen & that seat is fooking huge on her fpmsl.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:59 PM
katekembery
Virgin

Thanks for the offer Benni. Nice idea about dealerships - no surprise that women get a rough deal at garages etc.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:03 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

"and for 25 thousand you can go fast as a porsche..... oh no, near enough anyway!"

lol
Old 03-05-2009, 09:47 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Thanks for the offer Benni. Nice idea about dealerships - no surprise that women get a rough deal at garages etc.
I know. My Mother and her Sisters are always getting robbed. Well, until I tell them to ignore them. Kwik fit are the worst for it. Told my Mum she needed 4 new tires, as her car had a joint axel and you need to replace all the tires or something. All the tires were fine, a quick puncture repair was all it needed. Tell your ladies friends to stay away, or at least take some CS gas to wash away the lies. You could also phone dealerships and find out which cars have womanly safety features, like automatic door locking.I activated it on my Mum's, and I feel much easier when she is out. Could have how to guides for each model and so on.

Benni.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 PM
RS Grant
Made in Scotland

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benni
Come to Liverpool with some insurance
Thats life insurance....

Originally Posted by Benni
My Mother and her Sisters are always getting robbed
....see.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 PM
matts1
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Fair play to Kate to come on over for a chat when we are all being rude about her review. I do kinda feel like my mum just walked in and caught me w*nking though.

Dont blame you for jumping in the RS over the other cars, bet secretly whilst making your review aimed at your viewers, off camera you had it on two wheels whilst flipping the bird at some chav'd up saxo driver!! -please let that be true!!
Old 04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Thats life insurance....

....see.

Cheers,
Grant
genius