General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Worst Roadtest video ever!!

Search this Thread

Old 30-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Graceland
Team HOTHOT!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bodge22 - Look on the bright side, the more sold when new = the more for sale when people want to change cars, and that means low prices for resale values
Old 30-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That may well be true, but i think i'll stick to my MK1 FRS. I just think they look better and if people keep sticking em in ditches maybe the value will go up a bit
Old 30-04-2009, 06:34 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

shit im going to buy one now..... always wanted a car with lots of cubby holes.

can anyone say "one missing from the funny farm" ?
Old 30-04-2009, 06:43 PM
katekembery
Virgin

Originally Posted by Bodge22
I had to turn that off half way through, soooo boring.

I'm not sure who would seriously watch that and find it interesting, most women i know that are into cars would find this highly patronizing.

If they let just anyone go out and road test cars for some shitty site i might start my own.... wheels for fat blokes
But you've missed the point - the site's for women who aren't that interested in cars. Those who are will use the usual sites and magazines of which there are loads. We're aiming for those who want practical advice rather than a throbbing engine and that's why the RS doesn't represent what we're about - although it was great fun going 25 mph in second, but the engine was making quite a noise
Old 30-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Lambchop
PF Idiot Sniper

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks ace in white
Old 30-04-2009, 07:01 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Think it's a great review.
Must be loads of blokes out there trying to persuade the mrs to let them have this car, and seeing this review will show the women they can drive this 'nasty boy racer car' without any trouble, therefore bloke might be allowed one.
Old 30-04-2009, 07:03 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

katekembery

if you're seriously the woman who done the review, how did you hear about this thread?
Old 30-04-2009, 07:18 PM
katekembery
Virgin

We like to know where our traffic is coming from so we use Google analytics and saw that we were getting rather a lot from this site. I thought I'd better have a look at what was being said. Once you start, it's hard to stop! Can't wait to start some threads of my own.
Old 30-04-2009, 07:26 PM
G950KDT
Advanced PassionFord User

i just noticed the "essential" first aid kit in the corner of the boot at 1:06!

are these standard from the factory?! lol

after watching and reading the comments i see what u mean now about it being a car review to show what the car is like day to day, and it does give women a good bit about it and sensible comments about it as per a day to day view for city drivers.

fair play and u jamy sod for getting to drive one before most of us!

Last edited by G950KDT; 30-04-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 30-04-2009, 07:29 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Kate - watch out for sarcasm on here and don't take offence to easily and you'll get on fine.
Old 30-04-2009, 07:30 PM
C4llyT
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by katekembery
We like to know where our traffic is coming from so we use Google analytics and saw that we were getting rather a lot from this site. I thought I'd better have a look at what was being said. Once you start, it's hard to stop! Can't wait to start some threads of my own.
Can you talk the mrs into letting me have a sapphire cosworth?
She thinks their old and chavvy, too young to appreciate them

Although my mates that stinks of petrol, dives off road when you brake, has no speedo working, breaks down every time it's used, is very low on kerbed crap wheels, hasn't helped my cause

Welcome, good things come in small packages huh
Old 30-04-2009, 07:38 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Kate - what sort of age women does your site attract?
Old 30-04-2009, 07:57 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

But you've missed the point - the site's for women who aren't that interested in cars. Those who are will use the usual sites and magazines of which there are loads. We're aiming for those who want practical advice rather than a throbbing engine and that's why the RS doesn't represent what we're about - although it was great fun going 25 mph in second, but the engine was making quite a noise
Hi Kate - Amused that you've jumped right into the middle of the site to defend yourself! Fair play.

Quick question out of curiosity - Who thought up the idea of making a website for women who aren't interested in the content? Seems like the most bizarre business proposition ever!

If it works I think I'll set up a special site offering make up tips to the Mujahadeen!!
Old 30-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

I think most of the replies on this thread are a clear demonstration of quite how low the average intelligence level is on this site.

I find it hilarious that most people seem to find it hard to understand that not everyone wants the same things from cars or is interested in receiving their review in the same "top gear" style format.

Wake up and notice that the car market impacts a HUGE % of the population of the planet and that you lot make up a tiny minority...

Cars are often bought by people who frankly couldn't give a shit about them. They want something safe and reliable, or something that "looks nice", everyone has differing buying criteria. This would naturally require different styles of presentation for different audiences. It would be good to remember that whilst someone may not be remotely interested in a particular item/subject, they often HAVE to find out more information about that subject before they buy. Example being (potentially one some of you could relate to?), I am not remotely interested in carpets, however before buying some I had to go and find out details of different of qualities of underlay, types of manufacturing process for carpets and the differing materials used to make them and why we would use them where. Honestly, dull as shit, but it still had to be done...

Welcome to the site and try not to laugh at how thick AND narrow minded people here are...

RW

Last edited by Steven_RW; 30-04-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old 30-04-2009, 09:07 PM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Oooh, get you!
Old 30-04-2009, 09:20 PM
OldDan
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by DanW@FastFord
Oooh, get you!

Old 30-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Steven_RW
PassionFord Post Troll

Originally Posted by danw@fastford
oooh, get you!
lol

rw
Old 30-04-2009, 10:52 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

Fact of the matter is, Kate has driven the new RS before most of us. I think the review was fine. The production video was fantastic.

Benni.
Old 30-04-2009, 11:04 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

my review...

its fwd-its shit.
Old 30-04-2009, 11:26 PM
cheeky dog
BANNED
BANNED

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
I think most of the replies on this thread are a clear demonstration of quite how low the average intelligence level is on this site.

I find it hilarious that most people seem to find it hard to understand that not everyone wants the same things from cars or is interested in receiving their review in the same "top gear" style format.

Wake up and notice that the car market impacts a HUGE % of the population of the planet and that you lot make up a tiny minority...

Cars are often bought by people who frankly couldn't give a shit about them. They want something safe and reliable, or something that "looks nice", everyone has differing buying criteria. This would naturally require different styles of presentation for different audiences. It would be good to remember that whilst someone may not be remotely interested in a particular item/subject, they often HAVE to find out more information about that subject before they buy. Example being (potentially one some of you could relate to?), I am not remotely interested in carpets, however before buying some I had to go and find out details of different of qualities of underlay, types of manufacturing process for carpets and the differing materials used to make them and why we would use them where. Honestly, dull as shit, but it still had to be done...

Welcome to the site and try not to laugh at how thick AND narrow minded people here are...

RW
yeah lol, havn't met anyone yet who bought a 25k Ford focus RS coz they couldn't give a shit what it can do, or anyone who wanted something other than performance from one. maybe the cubby holes.

agree with danw@fastford, very bizare making a website advertising/ writing up on something the people its supposed to attracked are not interested in! just imagine what you'd type into google search bar....... "website with details of something i couldn't give a shit about" maybe

pure genius the person who came up with that. What would the dragons den say? lol

Last edited by cheeky dog; 30-04-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

Kate if that's who you really are??

I think you have missed the point of your own site there then why test a car that none of your members will care about in the first place! I mean who in there right mind is going to buy a 300bhp 2.5 ltr "BOY RACER'S CAR" (just to quote you in your review!) if they don't car about cars

Fair play though you have driven it before most people on here, shame we can't really ask you what it's like as you didn't get out of 2nd

Originally Posted by Steven_RW
I am not remotely interested in carpets, however before buying some I had to go and find out details of different of qualities of underlay, types of manufacturing process for carpets and the differing materials used to make them and why we would use them where. Honestly, dull as shit, but it still had to be done...
You really are a boring man, no wounder you found the road test so interesting While on the subject i would have to question your intelligence if you had the find out why you would use a carpet in a certain place I have bought lots of carpets, i've never been to find out how they are made

bore off mate

Last edited by Bodge22; 01-05-2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

I think you have missed the point of your own site there then why test a car that none of your members will care about in the first place! I mean who in there right mind is going to buy a 300bhp 2.5 ltr "BOY RACER'S CAR" (just to quote you in your review!) if they don't car about cars
Maybe because she wanted to?

Originally Posted by cheeky dog
agree with danw@fastford, very bizare making a website advertising/ writing up on something the people its supposed to attracked are not interested in! just imagine what you'd type into google search bar....... "website with details of something i couldn't give a shit about" maybe
So you've never used a website to look something up that you have no interest in, but had to buy?

I think it's smart, test drive a car that according to most on here is obviously only built for men to chuck around on track days, review it in the same style you would a family car, video gets passed around saying how shit it is = free advertising.

I think the problem most people have got is that she got to drive it before them
Old 01-05-2009, 06:32 AM
Bodge22
Wanna be whore...

Originally Posted by DaveZS
I think it's smart, test drive a car that according to most on here is obviously only built for men to chuck around on track days, review it in the same style you would a family car, video gets passed around saying how shit it is = free advertising
Yeah you couldn't pay for that kind of advertising

And who said it was a man's car?? The car's not the issue it's the review, and the way it was done that totally misses the point of the car

Last edited by Bodge22; 01-05-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 AM
DanW@FastFord
Spelling Club King!

Originally Posted by dovboy
my review...

its fwd-its shit.
(That's me laughing 'at' you, not 'with' you)
Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 AM
thebigyin
BANNED
BANNED

its a video made by women aimed at women,it is what it is ,i liked her.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Robs Frst
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dovboy
my review...

its fwd-its shit.

I am also laughing at you.
Drive the car before you judge it!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 AM
DaveZS
Better use my strong hand

Yeah you couldn't pay for that kind of advertising

And who said it was a man's car?? The car's not the issue it's the review, and the way it was done that totally misses the point of the car
Free advertising for the site, not the car

Whats wrong with the review? Just because it isn't about its performance? Some people don't care for that, fuck, i know someone who bought a car because of the colour!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Paul_RS
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I just watched to video and to be fair i really didn't find anything wrong with it? She doesn't pretend to be an expert, she just gives her opinion on the car.

Its a site for women drivers, most of whom don't really care about revoknuckle suspension and ATB diffs.

For the people who the review is aimed at, its spot on.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM
katekembery
Virgin

Thanks for all your comments - both good and bad! The site is still new so maybe we have got it wrong but we won't know unless we give it a go. Generally women aren't as interested in cars as men, but 60 % of cars bought, get onto your driveway because of a woman's influence in the choice of car. We're aiming at those women who still want a say in the car they get but don't necessarily want to trawl through loads of magazines etc primarily aimed at men.
And as for driving the RS at 25 mph in second - come on - how can you not drive that car fast!
Old 03-05-2009, 10:20 AM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

And as for driving the RS at 25 mph in second - come on - how can you not drive that car fast!
that has got to be a wind up
Old 03-05-2009, 10:24 AM
AJC
10K+ Poster!!

Received 83 Likes on 73 Posts

oh dear
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Alan_D
PassionFord Post Troll

25mph in first would be more appropriate.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM
95 fiesta si
Regular Contributor

scented candles on the dash and scatter cushions on the back sofa i reckon would of pleased here
Old 03-05-2009, 04:12 PM
katekembery
Virgin

How do your girlfriends, wives, partners put up with you lot or do you get all your macho nonsense out of your systems on-line? Would love to know what they thought of the website as it is them we're aiming at.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Benni
Ban[B][/B]ned

How do your girlfriends, wives, partners put up with you lot or do you get all your macho nonsense out of your systems on-line? Would love to know what they thought of the website as it is them we're aiming at.
My Mother thinks it's fantastic and asked would you review the C30. She seems to think it's the comfiest car on the planet. She'll never join mind, as she can barely use a calculator.

Benni.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:44 PM
95 fiesta si
Regular Contributor

nah, were just joking
Old 03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Saaamon
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

The advert seems perfect for the target audience. Has been a funny thread to read i must say.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:13 PM
pee vee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

on the plus side.. thats the first time ive seen a video of a white RS. and it looks like the one to have IMO
Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
katekembery
Virgin

Smile

Originally Posted by Benni
My Mother thinks it's fantastic and asked would you review the C30. She seems to think it's the comfiest car on the planet. She'll never join mind, as she can barely use a calculator.

Benni.
We'd love to get some Volvos on the site and will do our best for your mum.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM
foreigneRS
Testing the future

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

my girlfriend has worked for honda for donkey's years so has more than a passing interest of and knowledge about cars so would probably find your site both embarrasing and patronising.

i can appreciate that you have an audience though, and potentially quite a large one, as the general public and women in particular are absolutely clueless about cars and do buy them purely on the way they look or how many cupholders it has

you have to explain this 25mph in 2nd gear business though. you don't honestly think that is fast do you?

Quick Reply: Worst Roadtest video ever!!