General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

NMS set up

Search this Thread

Old 17-04-2009, 06:08 AM
RSRoy
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always order my parts through email or ebay. Being someone who's native language isn't English it can be pretty hard to make a phonecall.

Now I speak a resonable bit of English but when I was on the phone with a English helpdesk it was hard to explain what my problem was.

Thats why I always try to email first. If there isn't any other option I just have to call I guess.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:26 AM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSaff
I only use NMS and have done for last 7 years even before Karl had his unit and he used to do all his work from his then home.

I had my Sierra setup as i'd been overseas for 6 months and the Cossie had been stored for winter 6 months previous. I asked Karl to check it out before putting it back through its paces again. (fueling etc)

Cost me standard charge of £150+ Vat for setup, well worth the money in my book, i'd gladly help these guys stay in business for as long as i'm into cars.
Sounds good, I'll have to book it in when it's back on the road (1st May)

Old 17-04-2009, 09:36 AM
BlackSaff
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Originally Posted by saphcosmike
Sounds good, I'll have to book it in when it's back on the road (1st May)

Your welcome mate, don't forget though that my engine is a relatively young engine and had been live mapped by Karl about 2000 miles previous. The only criticism from my experience and I certainly wouldn't call it a criticism is that Karl is Very honest with people. If your engine is worn out, he will tell you and tell you exactly what it needs to be back upto his standards again. This in my opinion is why people say it's expensive etc. But were as some places might do you a setup or even chip/stage3 knowing it won't really last very long or be at optimum performance and still charging you for it. Karl won't, he'll tell you what he thinks and tell you realistically. Some people just don't want to hear it or spend the money.

Both boys know their stuff 100% and in my experience worth every penny. Hence why my Pistons, rods and cylinder head from my latest project are over there at the moment.
Old 17-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Cossy Mike
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSaff
Your welcome mate, don't forget though that my engine is a relatively young engine and had been live mapped by Karl about 2000 miles previous. The only criticism from my experience and I certainly wouldn't call it a criticism is that Karl is Very honest with people. If your engine is worn out, he will tell you and tell you exactly what it needs to be back upto his standards again. This in my opinion is why people say it's expensive etc. But were as some places might do you a setup or even chip/stage3 knowing it won't really last very long or be at optimum performance and still charging you for it. Karl won't, he'll tell you what he thinks and tell you realistically. Some people just don't want to hear it or spend the money.

Both boys know their stuff 100% and in my experience worth every penny. Hence why my Pistons, rods and cylinder head from my latest project are over there at the moment.
Well I'm hoping it does'nt need much. It's got genuine 40,951 miles on the clock and it is completely standard.

Fingers crossed
Old 17-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Mad Matt
Rally nut

Originally Posted by RSRoy
I always order my parts through email or ebay. Being someone who's native language isn't English it can be pretty hard to make a phonecall.

Now I speak a resonable bit of English but when I was on the phone with a English helpdesk it was hard to explain what my problem was.

Thats why I always try to email first. If there isn't any other option I just have to call I guess.
Same there, English peps are speaking too fast on the phone, hence why I prefer emails, so I have time to write what I want, and I have also time to correct some spelling mistakes !
Old 17-04-2009, 04:02 PM
LHD220Turbo
10K+ Poster!!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
Same there, English peps are speaking too fast on the phone, hence why I prefer emails, so I have time to write what I want, and I have also time to correct some spelling mistakes !
Us English tend to do that; and if you happen to speak to someone with a broad Yorkshire or scottish accent then god help you, even i struggle!

i've got a norweigian friend and when i speak to him i have to speak very slow, but fair play to him as i cant speak a work of norweigian!

Matt