General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

t**ts ive lost over £600,

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009 | 12:56 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Default t**ts ive lost over £600,

ive been wondering where my money is going from my bank mum does my paper work for my bank as i run a taxi service everything is fine

not when i looked and found out aol broadband has taken over £600 out of my account without me knowing and i dont even use there broadband.. mum didnt know this as i do have the net but not with aol broadband i stopped that in oct 2007 cancel my account with them and stopped payments with my bank..

also a mobile phone company has taken just over £70 for insurance on my mobile phone, erm hello i didnt fucking ask for insurance how did you get my account number i didnt give it to you.

aol. have used my card number and taken £36.99 a month out of my account by just using my card number, it say's payments by card in the past it say's debit card, ive been told i may never see my money back im f**king pissed off
Old 12-03-2009 | 12:57 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

which is why you check bank statements...

ive done exactly the same by the way, once place i was paying a monthly subs for 3 years without realising!
Old 12-03-2009 | 01:01 AM
Rs Baz
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
which is why you check bank statements...

ive done exactly the same by the way, once place i was paying a monthly subs for 3 years without realising!
yea part of it is my fault but thay were being checked mobile phone insurance for phone and broadband is what mum thought was my main 2 payments every month

did you ever get your money back
Old 12-03-2009 | 01:38 AM
Jim Galbally
20K+ Super Poster.

ofcourse i never got my money back

you cant ask for money back for a service youve already paid for
Old 12-03-2009 | 02:42 AM
snedboy
BANNED

Happened to me with AOL aswell and also mobile fone insurance.They get account details for insurance when you sign up with them,they normally tell you to cancel after 1 payment has been made if you dont want it

Regards AOL see watchdog website as this was featured a couple of weeks back and may be some help on theyre for you.Unfortunatly it happened to me years ago so cant do fuck all the robbing cunts
Old 12-03-2009 | 07:54 AM
cossie4i+
TT T38 Power

I find it hard to believe people are so careless with their bank accounts

But i am a class A tight arse

Steve
Old 12-03-2009 | 07:57 AM
Daveysaff
Skint Passionford User

Similar thing happened to me with United Utilities, Moved house but didn't use the words "I no longer reside at the old address!" So they took payment for two addresses for 6 months
Cant get my cash back either as my old landlord lives in spain and they wont refund without me getting a letter off him saying when I moved
Old 12-03-2009 | 08:24 AM
tabetha
20K+ Super Poster.

That's why I left aol and sky same thing as you.
tabetha
Old 13-03-2009 | 06:55 PM
mackers
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

Im having trouble cancelling my 3 phone contract, the c**ts just wont cancell it, plus they are taking phone insurance off me, tried three times to cancel it, they just dont listen. Actually once when I phoned to cancel it they started taking another insurance, robbing f**kers. What can I do??
Old 13-03-2009 | 07:38 PM
Toe Knee
PassionFord Post Whore!!

If you have proof that u canceled the account and proof you canceled payments surely u have legal grounds to recover the money as surely thats theft?!!

Fair enough if u took it out and didnt cancel it but sounds like u did everything u should have so.............have u spoken to ur card company?! as if its a credit card its their money not urs till u pay it so are more likely to act, althou obviously if u have paid it off then they might not be so helpful!!
Old 13-03-2009 | 10:14 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Originally Posted by mackers
Im having trouble cancelling my 3 phone contract, the c**ts just wont cancell it, plus they are taking phone insurance off me, tried three times to cancel it, they just dont listen. Actually once when I phoned to cancel it they started taking another insurance, robbing f**kers. What can I do??
go to your bank and put a block on them from removing any more money from your account
Old 14-03-2009 | 08:59 AM
BANNED

you lot are mad, id be ob the phone demading full refund, as for the landlord in spain fake a letter lol

wifey and i are terrible in these situations, we will not stop untill its all sorted, ages talking to idiots ont he phone but we allways win, its the principle
Old 14-03-2009 | 11:14 AM
Drakey
Wahay!! I've lost my Virginity!!

Telewest Communications took £75 3 month running out of my account and i didnt have cable TV. Instead of ringing Telewest and going through the 'Press 1 to speak to another recorded message bulls**t' i went to the bank. They banned all companies belonging to 'Rank Organisation' from taking direct debits out of my account without my signature and put the money into my account the next day.
Old 14-03-2009 | 12:05 PM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Originally Posted by mackers
my brothers not lived in this country for about 2 years now, but apparently he's had a new phone from t-moblie 18 months ago when he was living in ireland sent to his old works address which he left about 6 months before

now they are saying that HE needs to contact them to cancel the contract and they keep sending bills for a phone he's not had

oh, and bailifs letters are turning up as well, which i forward to his in australia