Ford KA Discuss your Ford KA here!

Proxi Alignement?

Search this Thread

Old 16-01-2024 | 07:37 PM
MattD
Virgin

Default Proxi Alignement?

Hello
My son has a 2013 Ford Ka with a parasitic battery drain and a flashing odometer.
It's a very basic model (manual windows, key locking, no bluetooth, etc,). Removing the 10a fuse stops the drain (and the stereo).

Ironically my daughter has a Fiat 500 with a flashing odometer and a battery drain, which I'm fairly certain is due to a failed Blue&Me module.
Googling around it seems I need to run a proxi alignment on the 500. To do that I've ordered an ELM and cable from iDiagnostics for use with software I can buy from multiecuscan.net.
I know the 500s and the Ka are based on the same car (the engine bays are identical). Does that mean I can run a proxi realignment using the same kit on the Ka?
Is that likely to fix the drain?

Thanks!
Matt

Old Today | 01:08 PM
bassmanuk
Virgin

[Did you ever find a fix for this as my daughter has a KA with a parasitic drain and flashing odometer
Old Today | 04:09 PM
MattD
Virgin

Originally Posted by bassmanuk
[Did you ever find a fix for this as my daughter has a KA with a parasitic drain and flashing odometer
I did - and it was the same fix as my daughter's 500.
I had to disconnect the Blue&Me unit that's behind the plastic panel in the rear passenger seat (near side) - it's not that difficult to get to, if you Google you should be able to find some YouTube vids showing how to gain access. But if I recall I had to use a socket set to take the top seat belt fixing, then pop off that panel and then the side panel. I didn't remove the unit so all I needed to do was to be able to reach behind and disconnect the cable - there was a trick to that which I can't recall.
Some vids remove the rear seat, but I did the bare minimum to gain access.

But once you've done that you need do a proxy alignment to tell the ECU to forget that unit (I'm assuming here that you don't want to replace it - there are sites that exchange those units). I followed this guy:

Note you do have to buy some software and some cables unfortunately - he covers all of that in the video - but the key point for me at least, was that I used the same software and cable (the yellow iDiagnostics from here: https://idiagnostics.co.uk/product/36 - but check that's correct for your Ka) as they are essentially the same car under the skin.

It took me quite a while to work that all out from various forums - so I hope that gives you a head start. Good luck!

Matt