General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

Oh my god !! E'on

Search this Thread

Old 24-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve the Plumber
Do you live in a castle?
nope they just love to estimate and when i enter the correct meter reading the computer says no ,and the system continues to send me these massive bills,I have to spend hours every 6 months to rectify it,yet they can't refund my money ever, as apparently it is too much to refund.So after 8 years of this shite i just refuse to pay them anything.
IF I had the time I would pass it all onto watch dog they are a joke
Old 24-02-2009, 08:25 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by MadRod
I dont understand some of the figures, I really dont. If your house is heat efficient it simply cant cost as much as some are paying. My house is a fairly large 4 bed detached & during that cold spell the heating was on 18 hours a day, when the Mrs was in the stat was set at 22 cos below that she aint happy. I payed 69 gas & 82 elec a month last year & this year its 88 gas & still 82 elec & they owe me money.

I fully agree. I live in a mid-terrace 2-bed house and my bills are listed in a post above. The only reason my electric bill is so high is due to 3 big fish tanks (other halfs', not mine) and my PC (basically a network server) being on 24 hours a day. Most of my lights are on of an evening as I am constantly moving around the house and the gas bill is what it is, even though the central heating was on 24 hours a day for the last month (I have no double-glazing @ the back of the house and old leaky metal double glazing @ the front so is not that efficient). How people can be paying £200+ per month I do not understand, unless they are families of 30 or have serious electric tools. Hell, my father basically lives alone and even his electric bill is only slightly higher than mine, and we have his industrial compressor going some evenings and almost every weekend working on the cars.
Old 24-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

Some of the gas and electric bills here are fucking mental.

Are different companys litterally charging 3/4 times the price per unit compared to others???
Old 24-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Rick Astley
Never gonna give you up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
i get quarterly bills for home for 3.5k from n power
Does your wife work for E-on?!!!
Old 24-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
you do realise as soon as they look at it itll be sharp intakes of breath along with scratching of the head and "your going to need a new boiler"?
Then il cancel the direct debit and tell them to kiss my butt
Old 24-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by .Pete.
Why do you want them to bum you again? A boiler service should be about £50 once a year.
Because if it turns out my boiler has a probelm,which it must have they will fix it FREE with FREE parts too, i will pay it for a few months then cancel it
Old 24-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Turbosystems
Super Moderator

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by doesntbelong
Does your wife work for E-on?!!!
no npower
Old 24-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Rich_bloor
mine has just come in at £200 for the last 3 months. gas + electric.
Boiler serviced regularly tho.
3 bed semi.
This is why im getting mine looked at , the guy on the phone said for every year you dont get your boiler serviced it costs 10% more to run, now mine aint been done for a few years . 30% that should of knocked around £180 off my shocking bill

Oh and sorry my bungalow was build in 1927 , so its not the best at keeping the heat in but still ....................

Last edited by Harris.; 24-02-2009 at 09:17 PM.
Old 24-02-2009, 10:05 PM
P_is_for_Paul
Coldo loves seamen

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I know my dad was goin daft the other day there about the bill, ive just went and asked him again. £878.16 for the quarter
Old 24-02-2009, 10:50 PM
iansoutham
OCD Victim

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by davemark
This is why im getting mine looked at , the guy on the phone said for every year you dont get your boiler serviced it costs 10% more to run, now mine aint been done for a few years . 30% that should of knocked around £180 off my shocking bill

Oh and sorry my bungalow was build in 1927 , so its not the best at keeping the heat in but still ....................
That is just sales talk IMO. My combi boiler is over 10 years old (old Saunier Duval so not the most economical @ the best of times) and that has never been serviced. I STILL pay £24 per month for gas (cooking, heating and hot water) and am in credit.
Old 25-02-2009, 07:15 AM
RobCarden
358bhp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MadRod
I dont understand some of the figures, I really dont. If your house is heat efficient it simply cant cost as much as some are paying. My house is a fairly large 4 bed detached & during that cold spell the heating was on 18 hours a day, when the Mrs was in the stat was set at 22 cos below that she aint happy. I payed 69 gas & 82 elec a month last year & this year its 88 gas & still 82 elec & they owe me money.
who are you with rod? cheers...
Old 25-02-2009, 07:29 AM
pa_sjo
Colossal Pervert

I had similar from EON.. now ignoring the actual monetary value (as they had a 37% price increase in August last year), they are claiming my USAGE (as in kWh) has TRIPLED from the autumn period to winter.. Apparently i'm using ~30 kWh/day in my small flat.. yeah right.. that's an average consumption of 1.3 kW..

Bear in mind my heating is gas and my electicity usage pattern hasn't changed at all between the two periods.. it's completely ridiculous..

They said it'd cost me £100 to get a secondary meter fitted to confirm the original one is accurate.. If found to be wrong though, they'd reimburse me and back-pay me for the cock-up..

Anyway.. i've got a AC clamp multimeter and I checked the feed going into the meter.. 800W.. that was with most of what I typically use switched on.. i've since turned off something which was using 300W constantly (an old computer(s)).. I've bought a CurrentCost device which is attached to the feed going to the meter and it's telling me i'm now averaging around 11kWh/day.. quite a long way off the 30kWh that the 'leccy meter was telling me?

Oh well, i'm still doing tests. If I find the meter to be inaccurate, EON will be getting it!! In the ass!!!!!!
Old 25-02-2009, 07:40 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by fuzzy
you do realise as soon as they look at it itll be sharp intakes of breath along with scratching of the head and "your going to need a new boiler"?
that bloke from ea at it again eh

Originally Posted by Turbosystems
i get quarterly bills for home for 3.5k from n power
Originally Posted by Steve the Plumber
Do you live in a castle?

i pay £70 a month for gas
£38 a month for electric
about right
Old 25-02-2009, 08:38 AM
GUZZLER
PassionFord Post Whore!!

our gas electric was just over £500 for the quarter, 4 bed detatched, heating on most of the time....
Old 25-02-2009, 08:49 AM
5t1g
Shotgun Bunter

My heating hasn't worked for the last 8 months. I pay £70 gas and £45 Electric a month. 4 bed detached 2 floor house. If your cold just put another jumper on FFS.

Last edited by 5t1g; 25-02-2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: a month
Old 25-02-2009, 09:03 AM
dojj
Resident Wrestling Legend

Received 258 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by 5t1g
My heating hasn't worked for the last 8 months. I pay £70 gas and £45 Electric a month. 4 bed detached 2 floor house. If your cold just put another jumper on FFS.
my folks don't like it too hot, so much so that they will leave the windows and doors open to "get a breeze into the house" while muggins here is still paying for the heating to be on

i have since reset the heating so that it's "off"

but the gits won't pass along their winter heating allowance either, how does that make sense
Old 25-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Harris.
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by dojj
my folks don't like it too hot, so much so that they will leave the windows and doors open to "get a breeze into the house" while muggins here is still paying for the heating to be on

i have since reset the heating so that it's "off"

but the gits won't pass along their winter heating allowance either, how does that make sense

Old 25-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Benc30
Part of the Furniture

blimey some of your bills are scary..

you should all try this place.. save a fortune by cuttng out the middle man

https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/h...f?exref=010500

Worried about your energy bills? Had enough of changing suppliers every few months? Looking for guaranteed long term value?

Our unique "Triple Value" guarantee will give you peace of mind.

For your gas, we guarantee our prices will always be lower than British Gas, wherever you live in the UK.
For your electricity, we guarantee our prices will always be cheaper than the prices charged by your regional electricity supplier for the area where you live.
And for your complete peace of mind, we guarantee our prices will always remain competitive compared with the cheapest tariffs available from the "Big 6" suppliers*