General Car Related Discussion. To discuss anything that is related to cars and automotive technology that doesnt naturally fit into another forum catagory.

is there ANY work out there?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 05:35 PM
dovboy
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry ginge but imo you seem to "know" a little bit of everything and fuck all about one thing in particular! i.e whetever subject is being discussed

to the guys not working,i feel for you brothers cos there aint hardly anything out there at the moment
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Daviet
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Galbally
please dont blame all your problems on imigration which is one of the few things keeping the economy affloat.

so how is it keeping the economy affloat excactly??
yeah the blockheads may all be good hard workers but the fact that they all send about 75% of the earnings back home doesnt help our economy one bit
if you earn 30k in one year i bet its all spent in this country in one way or another.if a pole earns 30k atleast 20k of that will be sent back home.
and what money they do spend here is usually spent in the polish shops they only thing they do spend on is there rent but when the have double the folk staying in the place that they should thats cheaper aswell for them
so all the interest rate drops and vat drops and the goverment trying to encourage us to spend is going to make fook all difference.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Daviet
so how is it keeping the economy affloat excactly??
yeah the blockheads may all be good hard workers but the fact that they all send about 75% of the earnings back home doesnt help our economy one bit
if you earn 30k in one year i bet its all spent in this country in one way or another.if a pole earns 30k atleast 20k of that will be sent back home.
and what money they do spend here is usually spent in the polish shops they only thing they do spend on is there rent but when the have double the folk staying in the place that they should thats cheaper aswell for them
so all the interest rate drops and vat drops and the goverment trying to encourage us to spend is going to make fook all difference.
...and that about sums it up imo. theres plenty skilled brits out of work that should be given priority over unskilled chancer immigrants in the building trade. in my experience this 'hard workers' thing is an urban myth. the majority seem to stand in groups smoking and chatting and only looking busy when they see someones watching...
and all those low paid jobs that are now filled with eastern europeans....whats happened to all the locals that used to do these jobs? theyre now on the dole so thats another expence to cover.

Last edited by fuzzy; 09-01-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnzybubbles

and as for the price of keeping me ,i'm 6'4" i'm not fat at all, but eat healthily so i'd say there's a good £50 quid a week before you take into account heating and electric and hot water, then my phone witch is on contract and my car insurance witch i need to get to work or college
sorry but WHY do you need a contract phone ?, i dont even have a contract phone !

WHY do you NEED a car, theres LOADS of people who DONT have cars in this world, my missus dont drive and managed to get to drop out little one off a nursery, get from there to uni then back to nursery and back home,, theres these red things called BUSSES that people use,, you may have noticed them ?

seriously mate you dont need a car, i never passed my test till i was 24 and the amount of cash i waste a car is stupid tbh

just because thing's are going ok for you doesn't mean it is for every one else, and you obviously haven't got it that hard if you was rolling around with a rolex ring and expensive jewerly,
mate my jewelery came from when i was younger, i lived at home, never had a car and had a GREAT paying dead end job,, i was paied VERY VERY well for my age and also got into alot of debt aswell,, with no real large bills just min payments :rolleyes", no car so i could spend on what i wanted,,, pointless though cause when i LEFT there i was back in the real world !!!
things going well for me ? mate they are at the moment cause my missus is now working but for 4years ive had to struggle to earn a living, having a kid made me go from living at home to paying REAL bills, deciding what i needed ect and then give up alot of stuff

for 3 of them years i was living off my savings and earning 10k a year working at halfords to try and get some sort of career, that NEVER happened !!!

i never got loans out ect incase i couldnt afford to pay them, i had 5 channels on tv and never we out,, infact thats when i joined this site as i could afford to do anything but live off 5 for 3.50 microwave currys/meals for dinner from asda,,, EVERYONE on this site will have a story about hard times,, you will have one too you will be happy to know,, its just life

[QUOTE=Burnzybubbles;3863283]
and you have a cleaner in every few week's lol, i'm not saying you haven't earned it, but some people have more luck than others, and it's NOT about how hard you try because i'v worked BLOODY hard all my working life,

mate i have a cleaner now as there is 2 of us working, the missus does shifts in a hospital, leaves the house as early as 5:30am,, ( gets 3 busses to work too !!!) and then when she finishes picks my little one up from the childminders, i start work at 8am but i leave my house at 7am to drop my little one off to the childminders before work

now theres alot of hours there, when we get back we like to relax/chill and the house is forgoten about hence we pay the money,,, its lazyness but its value for money,, we still cook and wash our plates and cups and i also prepare my food for work

i never got where i am from working hard as such,,, i enjoy my job, i dont get paied alot of money either but i earn more than i need to spend which does make a difference, now theres double the income and the same bills life is alot nicer,, but its only been like this for a few months , ive done things to put food on the table that i would never again,

to be honest mate your comment's have really peeved me off, you should think outside the box sometimes, and maybe consider the fact that there's people out there that have it alot harder than you, and they will continue to do so
mate ive been there, done that bought the t shirt, ive sat in a dole office with my old man whilst he begs for money for food as a child,, we have moved out from a 4 bed detached home into a council house then onto a very rough council estate when we moved to london for my old man to find work,,, ive seen the low end of life mate with no money,, ive been the poorest boy in the school,, as im sure loads of others have

ive been there, lots of us have aswell mate so you AINT alone

but blaming others/not looking for answers but instead looking for reasons aint the way you get over it

btw i also worked for 4 years as a someone whon trained traffic wardens in a job i hated more than you would belive,, but i done it to pay of 25k worth of debt i got from being a coke head on the piss all the time, then the missus got pregnant so saved up to live whilst looking for another job,plan for the future ,,

my point is ive been at both ends of the scale and inbetween, but ive been lucky to never forget watching my dad cry when he was REALLY and TOTALLY potless,with fuck all to piss in with 2 kids and a wife to suport with no home, i never want to see my kid look at me like that
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
gus
10K+ Poster!!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dovboy
sorry ginge but imo you seem to "know" a little bit of everything and fuck all about one thing in particular! i.e whetever subject is being discussed

to the guys not working,i feel for you brothers cos there aint hardly anything out there at the moment

im with you sir
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
shane
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by Ginge
I for one don't seem to have enough hours in the day to work at the moment, so fucking busy its unreal.

Just finished a huge job at the Nokia HQ in Farnborough, now doing another big job in Reading for the new Yell.com HQ..

700 outlets perfloor...fun fun fun

Thats installing Cat6/under floor concentrators that sort of shit, just gotta terminate both cabinets and then do the floor boxes and then onto the next job!

Ginge
To be fair im the same. its a friday and i got in from work at 7.20 il be wprking all weekend and got 7.30-11pm shifts all next week. dont know how im gonna keep up. Im a joiner by the way. I was proper hectic before xmas to, promised my missus id take it easier after the xmas break but looks like it will be as busy as ever.

Take it while you can eh...
Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
danneth
TORQUE!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ginge some of your comments
Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Rudey
at the lowest end of the job market thiers agencies packing sorting ect ect ive done my time in some shithouse jobs, slaughter houses mcain chips picking out the ones with black bits in frozen veg your job is to smash fuck out of tons of blast frozen veg with a scaf pole to break it up to fit in the mixing machines been a cleaner i guess what im trying to say is maybe its survival skills time and anything to earn a pound will have to do

you also got a few stories about life being tough im sure

survival skills are exactly that, just when your clawing in there it makes it hard to look any better, but when your out of it,, you start to think how little there really was to worry about back then
Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

btw my old mans life story is even WORSE

he grew up in a childrens home from the age of 6 !!, from there it managed to get a job selling arsenal programs, make some friends then somehow end up with a business with my uncle,, then LOOSE it all and have to start from scratch but with a family,,, he manged to retire early with a nice pension and still goes to the arsenal games,,, which is hes true passion in life,,, hes first job was at highbury selling programs as he couldnt afford to go to the games and that way he could watch football

theres a bloke whos been down and up a few times,,, he even thought about ending it so hes family would have a future,,,, though i know i aint good enough to drop that low and make a come back,, i respect him alot for that even if hes a little green about life at times
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
G2RSR
Bodybuilding

Originally Posted by Rudey
at the lowest end of the job market thiers agencies packing sorting ect ect ive done my time in some shithouse jobs, slaughter houses mcain chips picking out the ones with black bits in frozen veg your job is to smash fuck out of tons of blast frozen veg with a scaf pole to break it up to fit in the mixing machines been a cleaner i guess what im trying to say is maybe its survival skills time and anything to earn a pound will have to do
It will not just do tho i have to pay my mortgage look after my kids etc i am not doing a fucking job that only pays half of my bills
and yes i have cut back has much as we can we don't drink smoke never go out any more but if i lose my job i know we will lose are house
Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
as355f1
I've found that life I needed.. It's HERE!!

Originally Posted by G2RSR
It will not just do tho i have to pay my mortgage look after my kids etc i am not doing a fucking job that only pays half of my bills
and yes i have cut back has much as we can we don't drink smoke never go out any more but if i lose my job i know we will lose are house
totally agree, plenty shite jobs out there working all the hours for no money but what's the point if its not enough to cover your xxx's, luckily my business is booming at the moment there just is not enough hours in the day, but i know i my heart thing could change in no time so i am being tight as fook to make sure if the quiet time do come i can ride it out.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Psycho Warren
Carbon Crazy

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts

but if i lose my job i know we will lose are house
Well they now say government guidelines are 6 months before repossession orders can commence. How many lenders follow that i dont know. 6 months is a long time and also now you can get housing benefit to pay mortgage interest within 3 months of loosing job so not all doom and gloom now.

Depends if your mortgage company is a cunt or not. Some "poor credit" mortgage companys are known for being cunts with no leeway, no help whatsoever and going for repossession at earliest opportunity. Other lenders are more helpful knowing that they are better off trying to help than taking a house they cant sell anytime soon anyway.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by warrenpenalver
now you can get housing benefit to pay mortgage interest within 3 months of loosing job so not all doom and gloom now.
yeah thats true, its not new though as i had that a few years ago when i was out of a job

they only pay the interest though and the end of the morgage is still the same, it means that at the end of the morgage ill have to pay the 7 months morgage payments i missed when being unemployed,, the REALLY anoying thing was if io was renting they would have paied ALL my rent ???

how fucking fair is that !!!

but then i doubt i would have returned to work if they did pay all my morgage
Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 PM
andy130
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

same over here to
this time next year we will be pure fucked
Old 10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Where not blaming it all on imigration but the fact the country's door's are still open really isn't helping, if we haven't enough job's for the english people, then obviously not having an imigration ban for a while is not helping, i understand they do some of the job's we will not do, but at the moment i'm sure it's the same for alot of us we will take anything, but were beaten to it
Immigration has been going on for years,
The Immigrants were happy to come over and do the shit jobs us English were too proud and/or lazy to do ourselves, They helped us out as these jobs needed doing. Dont blame them for our own foolishness.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Surely its better to pay half your bills than none of your bills
Old 10-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
sorry but WHY do you need a contract phone ?, i dont even have a contract phone !

WHY do you NEED a car, theres LOADS of people who DONT have cars in this world, my missus dont drive and managed to get to drop out little one off a nursery, get from there to uni then back to nursery and back home,, theres these red things called BUSSES that people use,, you may have noticed them ?

seriously mate you dont need a car, i never passed my test till i was 24 and the amount of cash i waste a car is stupid tbh

mate my jewelery came from when i was younger, i lived at home, never had a car and had a GREAT paying dead end job,, i was paied VERY VERY well for my age and also got into alot of debt aswell,, with no real large bills just min payments :rolleyes", no car so i could spend on what i wanted,,, pointless though cause when i LEFT there i was back in the real world !!!
things going well for me ? mate they are at the moment cause my missus is now working but for 4years ive had to struggle to earn a living, having a kid made me go from living at home to paying REAL bills, deciding what i needed ect and then give up alot of stuff

for 3 of them years i was living off my savings and earning 10k a year working at halfords to try and get some sort of career, that NEVER happened !!!

i never got loans out ect incase i couldnt afford to pay them, i had 5 channels on tv and never we out,, infact thats when i joined this site as i could afford to do anything but live off 5 for 3.50 microwave currys/meals for dinner from asda,,, EVERYONE on this site will have a story about hard times,, you will have one too you will be happy to know,, its just life

and you have a cleaner in every few week's lol, i'm not saying you haven't earned it, but some people have more luck than others, and it's NOT about how hard you try because i'v worked BLOODY hard all my working life,
mate i have a cleaner now as there is 2 of us working, the missus does shifts in a hospital, leaves the house as early as 5:30am,, ( gets 3 busses to work too !!!) and then when she finishes picks my little one up from the childminders, i start work at 8am but i leave my house at 7am to drop my little one off to the childminders before work

now theres alot of hours there, when we get back we like to relax/chill and the house is forgoten about hence we pay the money,,, its lazyness but its value for money,, we still cook and wash our plates and cups and i also prepare my food for work

i never got where i am from working hard as such,,, i enjoy my job, i dont get paied alot of money either but i earn more than i need to spend which does make a difference, now theres double the income and the same bills life is alot nicer,, but its only been like this for a few months , ive done things to put food on the table that i would never again,

mate ive been there, done that bought the t shirt, ive sat in a dole office with my old man whilst he begs for money for food as a child,, we have moved out from a 4 bed detached home into a council house then onto a very rough council estate when we moved to london for my old man to find work,,, ive seen the low end of life mate with no money,, ive been the poorest boy in the school,, as im sure loads of others have

ive been there, lots of us have aswell mate so you AINT alone

but blaming others/not looking for answers but instead looking for reasons aint the way you get over it

btw i also worked for 4 years as a someone whon trained traffic wardens in a job i hated more than you would belive,, but i done it to pay of 25k worth of debt i got from being a coke head on the piss all the time, then the missus got pregnant so saved up to live whilst looking for another job,plan for the future ,,

my point is ive been at both ends of the scale and inbetween, but ive been lucky to never forget watching my dad cry when he was REALLY and TOTALLY potless,with fuck all to piss in with 2 kids and a wife to suport with no home, i never want to see my kid look at me like that

Could anyone be arsed to read all that /\
I couldnt
Old 10-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by Big G
Surely its better to pay half your bills than none of your bills
only a man that DONT need to worry about bills would think that

a starving man will eat food he dont enjoy,,, its a fact !!!
Old 10-01-2009, 01:56 PM
fuzzy
14000+ post superhero

Received 490 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Big G
Immigration has been going on for years,
The Immigrants were happy to come over and do the shit jobs us English were too proud and/or lazy to do ourselves, They helped us out as these jobs needed doing. Dont blame them for our own foolishness.
i dont blame the immigrants personally , i blame the government for being to weak to look after its own citizens first.theres nothing wrong with immigration in general but it has to be controlled to stop mass amounts flooding over in short periods and crowding out local labour in certain employment sectors that they seem to favour such as service industries, retail and the building trade.
getting our own home grown masses of their arses and out to work is a different matter entirely. cutting benefits completely after certain time or reasons would remove the benefit dependency for no real reason culture.
i would work in whatever job i could find to provide for my kids if i had to as i dont consider myself above anything.
except maybe pimping my arse out.

Last edited by fuzzy; 10-01-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Big G
PassionFord Post Whore!!

Originally Posted by Ginge !
only a man that DONT need to worry about bills would think that

a starving man will eat food he dont enjoy,,, its a fact !!!
As I said Ginge, Paying half must be better than paying none, going to work doing a shit job must be better than having no job.

I have had some terrible jobs in the past, but they kept me fed, watered, clothed and a roof over my head, anything has to be better than the social embarrassment that is going to the job centre.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
furqall
Too many posts.. I need a life!!

they only pay your interest after 9 months thats what the job centre told me , and in most cases that would be 9 months too late as they would be repossing by then.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Ginge !
just finding my feet

Originally Posted by furqall
they only pay your interest after 9 months thats what the job centre told me , and in most cases that would be 9 months too late as they would be repossing by then.
they paied mine after 2,, thats cause i never signed on for 2 months cause i was ALSO told that i wouldnt be able to sign on as i quit my job rather than but that was also based on certain cases

they froze my morgage payments at first i think, tbh it was a few years ago and i aint got the best memory

but i know i they paied the interest infact then done it after i signed on for a few months,

its true about the job centre thing,,, the down side to signing on was all the pikey fuckers in there you had to wait with,,, i was never even asked for proof of looking for work, just called my name and signed on !!!

cant see why i couldnt do it online or atleast had a nicer job centre for the better class of people to use,,,, that and the knob who first does the interveiw asking all your personal details ect ect to qualify,,, ON THE FUCKING PHONE IN THE JOB CENTRE !!! when you cant do it at home,,,, travel there to talk to someone on a fucking on

ive signed on once in my life,, im very fortunate for that tbh and even then it was to get my head straight rather than desperation for money